Who appreciates Christian hard rock?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you appreciate Christian hard rock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hehe I told a non-Christian friend who liked Skillet that they were a Christian rock band and he was shocked.

I got my friend into Skillet. She stopped listening to Green Day and soley on them. I don't know about Green Day, but I am glad she is listening to uplifting music. She didnt know there was her kind of music in Christian music.

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I got my friend into Skillet. She stopped listening to Green Day and soley on them. I don't know about Green Day, but I am glad she is listening to uplifting music. She didnt know there was her kind of music in Christian music.

Hmmm there are quite a lot of people who listen to Skillet, both Christians and non-Christians listen to them, it's good from the point of view if and when non-Christians ask themselves what do the lyrics in these songs really mean.

On a other note, this isn't hard rock, but Lauren Daigle's "You Say" has been a highly popular song, I am sure it even got airplay on mainstream radio stations, it even has been sung a number of times on TV singing contests like "the Voice" by some contestants.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm there are quite a lot of people who listen to Skillet, both Christians and non-Christians listen to them, it's good from the point of view if and when non-Christians ask themselves what do the lyrics in these songs really mean.

On a other note, this isn't hard rock, but Lauren Daigle's "You Say" has been a highly popular song, I am sure it even got airplay on mainstream radio stations, it even has been sung a number of times on TV singing contests like "the Voice" by some contestants.

Yeh Lauren Daigle is about as hard rock as I usually listen to. I love Skillet and Lecrae, but usually like softer music like Natalie Grant and Nicole Nordeman. Those two are my favorites. Now Casting Crowns is super awesome too.

Reactions: Josho

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I got my friend into Skillet.
@Mayflower Hard rock can be an acquired taste. But particularly if the lyrics are clear and Biblical it can be a really strong medium to communicate them clearly.

Maybe around young infants too young to follow the lyrics it's not necessarily calming, though; depends just how hard the hard rock is, I guess.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a radio station called Classic Christian Rock Radio that I listen to, they have some hard rock on there.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@John Caldwell So what sort of hard rock do you like? (did I ask you this before...?)
I normally listen to music like the Grateful Dead. But I do like Skillet. I listened a bit to Dave Mustaine (IMHO the best metal guitarist) and was glad to see that he has turned his life around. When I was younger I liked music like Megadeath, Metallica, Anthrax (a few songs, anyway). Never was a "metal head" though.

DancesWithGnostics

Nov 6, 2020
Waco
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1974 I was lead singer for ZION - we only had 3 gigs.

In those days the biggie Christian rock bands were
Phil Keaggy and Love Song,
Barry McGuire and Second Chapter of Acts,
and a Messianic group - LAMB.

In 1972 I saw Larry Norman sing I WISH WE'D ALL BEEN READY.

Lest you all forget these predecessors.

Andre Crouch and the Disciples
The Way
Bob Bennett (Lord of the Past)