Who are the “other sheep” of John 10:16? (For Jehovah's Witnesses)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And AJ has been led by Satan to believe the Kingdom Hall Bible butchers!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct...you have failed to show and connection or relevance to Matt 5. Your twising of the 144,000 symbol is well noted and documented in this forum.
Then you please explain to all the difference of the little flock-who are numbered, and the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold. Since you are positive i am in error, you must know the facts of the matter.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then you please explain to all the difference of the little flock-who are numbered, and the great crowd( Rev 7:9) of other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold. Since you are positive i am in error, you must know the facts of the matter.
Do me a favor.

Place the verses out in a post and lets look at them together.

F2F

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do me a favor.

Place the verses out in a post and lets look at them together.

F2F
I already explained the reality of the little flock( Luke12:32) and great crowd to you. No man can number the great crowd( rev 7:9) and since the little flock are the only other ones getting saved=144,000( numbered) are bought from the earth =(Rev 14:3)--Other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold=the great crowd)--that fold= the little flock. thus it states the great crowd of other sheep are not part of the little flock.
The little flock = Rev 1:6-Rev 20:6--- and at Luke 22:29-30 the emblems of the Lords evening meal is a special covenant only to the little flock.= The ones who will sit on thrones= the anointed bride of Christ.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I already explained the reality of the little flock ( Luke12:32)
I will do it for you then....

Let's start with your first reference shall we!

Luke 12:32 is the "my Flock" of Ezek 34.

Luke 12:32 “Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.

Ezek 34 “‘Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 8 As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, because my flock lacks a shepherd and so has been plundered and has become food for all the wild animals, and because my shepherds did not search for my flock but cared for themselves rather than for my flock, 9 therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the Lord: 10 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them.

17 “‘As for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will judge between one sheep and another, and between rams and goats.
( Mat 25:32,33) 18 Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture? Must you also trample the rest of your pasture with your feet? Is it not enough for you to drink clear water? Must you also muddy the rest with your feet? 19 Must my flock feed on what you have trampled and drink what you have muddied with your feet?

20 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says to them: See, I myself will judge between the fat sheep and the lean sheep. 21 Because you shove with flank and shoulder, butting all the weak sheep with your horns until you have driven them away, 22 I will save my flock, and they will no longer be plundered. I will judge between one sheep and another. 23 I will place over them one shepherd, my servant David, and he will tend them; he will tend them and be their shepherd. 24 I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the Lord have spoken.

Luke 12:32 is also the “Flock of thine heritage” of Micah 7:14

Shepherd your people with your staff, the flock of your inheritance, who dwell alone in a forest in the midst of a garden land; let them graze in Bashan and Gilead as in the days of old.

And just to prove this is so Micah 7:6 is quoted in verse 53 of Luke 12 for context.

Luke 12:53 is referencing Micah 7:6

53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

So the Little flock = is the "Flock of His Inheritance" (Micah 7:14) which comes from the division of (fat & lean sheep / sheep and rams of Ezek 34 & Matt 25)

What I have shown you is a contextual study of the Word - it provides you context from OT to NT; it provides you multiple connections between OT and NT. It shows it's size, "little" is small compared to the vast number of wayward people who are judged, divided and refined through trials and suffering, many (most) found wanting!

TBC

Up next - Revelation 7:9

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No man can number the great crowd( rev 7:9)
So let's look forward in time from Luke 12 to Rev 7.

9 After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, Re 7:9.

Context:

- A great number of the Redeemed showing their respect to the Lamb because of the Victory has been obtained.
- They are celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles and praising the Lamb for the salvation they have personally received.
- John had asked the question as to who they would be and in Rev 7 their character and nature are described.

Can you see the identification here with Israel? Abraham was promised (Gen 13:16; 15:5), Israel is numberless as the stars of the sky, and the sand on the seashore.

As a side note, can you see the lesson of David numbering Israel here? God intervened and stopped it!...so they would remain numberless (spiritual principle)!

In keeping with Ezek 34, Micah 7, Luke 12 the judging between sheep and rams / fat and lean sheep - they are taken from "from all tribes and peoples and languages" a selection drawn out of such environment to comprise the true Israel of God as is written in Gal 6:16 & Eph 2:11-13.

So while a "little flock" at the time of Jesus' ministry...they would become a group of people no one person can number, which is later symbolised by Jew & Gentile saved 12 x 12 = 144 (144,000)

Where is the evidence?

The term thousands is used in that way in such places as per Num 1:16, 10:4, 36; 31:5 and elsewhere. The term "heads of the
thousands of Israel" (Num 1:16) is showing you how to interpret the 144,000 number.

These were the ones chosen from the community, leaders of their ancestral tribes. They were the heads of the thousands of Israel.
Numbers 1:16.

So the number of 144,000 denotes denotes the true families of Israel, made up of Jew & Gentile in Christ.

I think there is more than enough context here in both posts for you to work through prayerfully.

If you need a hand let me know

In the Masters service
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For everyone else reading this conversation.

In Revelation 7:4 where it states "Of all the tribes of the children of Israel" This is the redeemed are made up of Jew and Gentile incorporated into the one hope of Israel as per Acts 28:20, Eph 2:10-13. These people are called true Israel of God... please read Gal 6:16, Rom 2:28-29; 9:6-7; Phil. 3:3

As for the description of the 144,000 of Revelation 14:4, this speaking to all the true saints. In Rev. 22:4, all redeemed are similarly marked in their foreheads; in Rev 21:12, all the glorified saints are described alike as being of the "twelve tribes of Israel."

This is a point the JW's cannot twist or ignore! The OT uses the "thousands" in the same context and is not some elite group in Heaven.

F2F

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will have to explain that one…makes no sense to me.
Okay, let's try this again, you mentioned Genesis 22:17. This hope is based upon a comprehensive Promise; first, that the world was to be blessed; second, that this blessing was to come through Abraham's Seed. God showed that there would be two different seeds of Abraham; He said, "Thy seed shall be as the stars of heaven and as the sands of the seashore"--a Heavenly and an earthly seed, though the Heavenly was to be the Seed of blessing. --Genesis 22:15-18.

Four hundred and thirty years later, God said to the children of Israel, in substance, "You know that I promised your Father Abraham that through his Seed I would bless the world. As his natural seed, are you ready to have that Promise fulfilled in you? If I bring you up out of Egypt, will you appreciate My will and do it?" And they replied: "We will." Then Jehovah said: "I will give you My Law. If you cannot keep My Law you cannot be proper teachers and blessers of the world. I have promised to bless all mankind, and I will do it. As the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, are you ready to be heirs of that Abrahamic Promise?"

You remember that Moses read the Lord's Message of the Law to the people; and that they heard the blessing that should come upon them if they would keep the Law, and the condemnation that should come upon them if they failed to do so. Then the people said, "All these things will we do."-- Exodus 19:1-8.

God designed that the whole world should come to a knowledge of the fact that no fallen human being could possibly keep the letter of the Divine Law; for it is the measure of a perfect man's ability. But He dealt with the Israelites just as though they could do it. They had typical sacrifices. For sixteen hundred years they tried to keep that Law; yet year after year they failed to do so, and hence they failed to be the Seed of Abraham which was to bless the world. As Paul shows us, "By the deeds of the Law shall no flesh be justified in God's sight." (Romans 3:20.) God was merely teaching them, and through them all of His intelligent creatures, that it is impossible for sinners to justify themselves in His sight. Therefore, it was impossible for any of them to bless the world.

Then, in due time, God sent forth His First-Begotten Son, Jesus. To Him the Father had made the proposition that if He would become a man, live awhile on earth amongst sinners, and accomplish a great work for mankind, He should afterwards be received back to greater glory than He had before He undertook this mission.

Jesus knew that if the Father had anything to make known in His Plan, it must be for good. So we read that "the Logos was made flesh," and "for the joy set before Him endured the Cross, despising the shame." (John 1:14; Hebrews 12:2; Philippians 2:8-11.) Jesus was born a descendant of Abraham, through the Virgin Mary. He kept the Jewish Law inviolate, and thus proved Himself worthy to be that Seed who would bless the world. He died to redeem the race--"the Just for the unjust." He rose again, qualified for the great work of the world's deliverance. To Him is given all power in Heaven and in earth.--Matthew 28:18.

Scripture tells us that the salvation of the world is waiting until our Lord shall take unto Himself His great power and reign. God has been holding this salvation in reserve for some 2,000 years, during the selection of the Church, the Bride of Christ--the work of the Gospel Age. Before the Church He has set this great Hope of being associated with our Lord Jesus, of constituting with Him this Spiritual Seed of Abraham, which is to bless all the families of the earth. For this reason our Lord is first delivering the Church class. This hope of being the Seed of Abraham is "the hope set before us in the Gospel," of which Galatians 3"29 tells us. "And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."

Jehovah still has in reservation the work of blessing the world, But it is now almost due to begin. The promised Spiritual Seed is about completed. Under them the earthly seed--the faithful worthies of previous ages, who will be raised from the dead, and Natural Israel, who will be restored to divine favor--will be ready to cooperate; and then the world's uplift will begin.

"blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies."

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God’s purpose has never changed since Adam’s creation, but a detour was necessary when Adam and his wife veered off the path by succumbing to the devil’s temptations.….so, in order to bring us back to his original intentions for this earth and everything on it, he adjusted his actions to suit his purpose. We will arrive at our destination right on time…..God cannot plan what free willed beings will do, but he responds to their choices in his own way and time. If there was no free will, then what happened in Eden would never have taken place.
Well if it "detoured" and "veered" as you say, then it changed. Are you saying that God DIDN'T know Adam and Eve would sin?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, let's try this again, you mentioned Genesis 22:17. This hope is based upon a comprehensive Promise; first, that the world was to be blessed; second, that this blessing was to come through Abraham's Seed. God showed that there would be two different seeds of Abraham; He said, "Thy seed shall be as the stars of heaven and as the sands of the seashore"--a Heavenly and an earthly seed, though the Heavenly was to be the Seed of blessing. --Genesis 22:15-18.
No RR144 - only one Seed!

Now the promises were made to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “And to offsprings,” referring to many, but referring to one, “And to your offspring,” who is Christ. Gal 3:16

Their number is shown by stars and sands!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, let's try this again, you mentioned Genesis 22:17. This hope is based upon a comprehensive Promise; first, that the world was to be blessed;
No, not that “the world” would be blessed but that people of all nations would “bless themselves”….big difference. Those of all nations had to also accept Jehovah as the true God and Jesus was his appointed savior. Even in his denunciation of natural apostate Israel under the rule of the Pharisees, Jesus said in his rejection of them…
”Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. 38 Look! Your house is abandoned to you. 39 For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!’”

In order for any of the natural Jews to be acceptable to Jehovah, they had to “Bless the one who came in Jehovah’s name”. In the 2000 years since they executed their Messiah, only a relative handful of natural Jews have blessed the one who came in Jehovah’s name. Yet many who identify as Messianic Jews refuse to be called “Christians”….usually because they reject Paul’s writings on replacement of them as God’s nation. Yet “the Israel of God” (Gal6:16) that Paul spoke about, was a different Israel….a new nation that could be relied upon to keep God’s laws…..made up of both Jewish and Gentile Christians.
second, that this blessing was to come through Abraham's Seed. God showed that there would be two different seeds of Abraham; He said, "Thy seed shall be as the stars of heaven and as the sands of the seashore"--a Heavenly and an earthly seed, though the Heavenly was to be the Seed of blessing. --Genesis 22:15-18.
Whoa! I see a very obvious bit of interpretation there that is not what this scripture is saying. It makes no distinction between “the stars of heaven and the sands of the seashore” because they are one and the same…infinite in number, which was describing the number of descendants that Abraham would end up having. Too numerous to count, yet the prophesies show that “only a remnant” out of natural Israel would be saved.

Romans 9:27-29 Paul tells us….
“Moreover, Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Although the number of the sons of Israel may be as the sand of the sea, only the remnant will be saved. 28 For Jehovah will make an accounting on the earth, concluding it and cutting it short.” 29 Also, just as Isaiah foretold: “Unless Jehovah of armies had left an offspring to us, we should have become just like Sodʹom, and we should have resembled Go·morʹrah.”

Do you see Paul making a distinction there in his quotation of Isaiah? “The number of the sons of Israel may be as the sands of the sea”…..you can’t add what is not said as if it belongs when it clearly does not.
He said that they would have been destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah if that remnant had failed to respond to their Messiah.
Four hundred and thirty years later, God said to the children of Israel, in substance, "You know that I promised your Father Abraham that through his Seed I would bless the world. As his natural seed, are you ready to have that Promise fulfilled in you? If I bring you up out of Egypt, will you appreciate My will and do it?"
Not sure that is exactly how he put it, but said that IF they obeyed him they would be blessed, and if they failed he would punish them. History shows that is exactly what he did.
Exodus 19:3-8…..
3 Then Moses went up to the true God, and Jehovah called to him from the mountain, saying: “This is what you are to say to the house of Jacob and to tell the Israelites, 4 ‘You have seen for yourselves what I did to the Egyptians, in order to carry you on wings of eagles and bring you to myself. 5 Now if you will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will certainly become my special property out of all peoples, for the whole earth belongs to me. 6 You will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to say to the Israelites.”

7 So Moses went and summoned the elders of the people and declared to them all these words that Jehovah had commanded him. 8 After that all the people answered unanimously: “All that Jehovah has spoken, we are willing to do.” Moses immediately took the people’s response to Jehovah.”

Shortly after that when Moses was up in the mountain receiving the Ten Commandments, he found them worshipping a golden calf, and in Exodus 32: 9-10….”Jehovah went on to say to Moses: “I have seen that this is an obstinate people. 10 So now let me be, and I will exterminate them in my burning anger, and let me make a great nation from you instead.”
3,000 disobedient Israelites died that day.
And they replied: "We will." Then Jehovah said: "I will give you My Law. If you cannot keep My Law you cannot be proper teachers and blessers of the world. I have promised to bless all mankind, and I will do it. As the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, are you ready to be heirs of that Abrahamic Promise?"
Apparently they were never ready…..as they never carried out what they vowed to do. (Eccl 5:4-5)

Then, in due time, God sent forth His First-Begotten Son, Jesus.
I hope you meant “only begotten son“ or else there is another topic for discussion.
To Him the Father had made the proposition that if He would become a man, live awhile on earth amongst sinners, and accomplish a great work for mankind, He should afterwards be received back to greater glory than He had before He undertook this mission.
You have a strange way of describing the things I am very familiar with language that seems to twist it all.
Where does the Bible say what you suggest it does?

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well if it "detoured" and "veered" as you say, then it changed. Are you saying that God DIDN'T know Adam and Eve would sin?
If you are familiar with the faculty of free will, you will understand that God would have all contingencies covered…no matter what choices Adam and his wife made, he would rise to deal with them.

His Omniscience is something he controls….if he chooses not to know something, he then allows the decisions of his free willed children to dictate his responses.

Free will is a precious gift but if it is abused it can become a curse…..as we see with what happened in Eden.

God allowed their free willed choices to dictate his response…..there could have been any number of ways that the scenario could have played out….

1) The devil could have rethought his planned actions and regretted them, without carrying them out.

2) The woman could have rejected the devil’s offer because she knew that disobedience meant death, but she believed a snake who said she wouldn’t die.

3) Adam could have rejected his wife’s offer and allowed Jehovah to deal with her as he said, having faith in his purpose…but he let his attachment to his wife get in the way.

4) This is the option Jehovah was left to deal with…all three disobeyed their Creator….the worst possible outcome for their future children, but the long term view is what Jehovah took and allowed the trio to do whatever they liked without his intervention. They and their offspring would come to understand that living in a world ruled by the devil is not what is programmed into humankind. We are not programmed for death or illness or tragedy…it takes a horrible toll on us, making life unbearable for many if they are born in the wrong nation and have to endure poverty, war and famine…or chronic disease. It’s a sad reality that many of the living actually envy the dead…..which accounts for the high suicide rate even in countries prosperous by comparison.

Because God doesn’t have a “plan” he can alter his course to accommodate something that happens to challenge his stated purpose…..the reason for the flood of Noah’s day is a classic example….demon followers of the devil interfered in such a way as to threaten God’s intentions, so he limited theirs. Drastic action was needed and that is why God flooded the world. It was nothing more than a reset, putting God’s purpose back on track.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, Jesus was "not sent to anyone except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel", for the door for the Jews to fully make up God's Kingdom was before them up till 36 C.E., that ended "the seventy weeks" of years at Daniel 9:24-27, with Jesus ministry focused on only the Jews (and Jesus died "at the half of the week" in 33 C.E., in which the 70th week of years covered from 29-36 C.E.), as Jehovah told the Israelites at Exodus 19:5, 6:

"Now if you will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant (which the nation of fleshly Israel did not do, see Jesus scathing condemnation of the Jews at Matt 23:33-39, and told them that they had been abandoned by Jehovah), you will certainly become my special property out of all peoples, for the whole earth belongs to me. You will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ "

However, in 36 C.E., the door opened for the Gentiles or people of the nations, with Cornelius being the first Gentile selected (Acts 10) for "the heavenly calling" (Heb 3:1), to also become "chosen ones" (Matt 24;22, 24, 31), members of God's heavenly Kingdom, being "sealed with the promised holy spirit, which is token in advance of our inheritance for the purpose of releasing God's own possession by a ransom (or becoming an immortal spirit "son of God", 1 Cor 15:53, in which immortality is the Greek word athanasia, meaning "deathlessness")".(Eph 1:13, 14)

And at Romans 9, the apostle Paul wrote: "I could wish that I myself were separated from the Christ as the cursed one for the sake of my brothers, my relatives according to the flesh, who are Israelites......However, it is not as though the word of God has failed."

"For not all who descend from Israel are really “Israel.” Neither are they all children because they are Abraham’s (fleshly) offspring; rather, “What will be called your offspring will be through Isaac. That is, the children in the flesh (or fleshly Jews) are not really (Greek ou, meaning “the absolute negative”) the children of God, but the children by the promise are counted as the offspring.”(Rom 9:6-8)

At Galatians 3:7, Paul now says: “Surely you know that it is those who adhere to faith who are (the real) sons of Abraham (and not being a fleshly descendant of Abraham, a Jew).” At Galatians 3:29, Paul further says: “Moreover, if you belong to Christ, you are really (“really”, Greek ara, meaning “a particle denoting an inference more or less decisive” or uncertain in people’s mind, but decisive with Jehovah, see Luke 11:20; Acts 8:22) Abraham’s offspring (so that whether Jew or Gentile, those who exercise faith in Jesus and are the “chosen ones”, are “Abraham’s offspring” as “a chaste virgin to the Christ”, 2 Cor 11:2), heirs with reference to a promise.”

Thus, Paul said to the Roman Christians, that were composed of both Jews and Gentiles: “For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”(Rom 1:16)

Then at Romans 10:12, 13, Paul says: “For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. There is the same Lord over all, who is rich toward all those calling on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”

So, at Romans 11:11, 12, Paul now says: “So I ask, They (the fleshly Jews) did not stumble and fall completely, did they ? Certainly not ! But by their false step, there is salvation to people of the nations (or Gentiles), to incite them to jealousy.”

”Now if their (or fleshly Jews) false step means riches to the world and their decrease means riches to people of the nations (for Gentiles to be among the “chosen ones” for “the heavenly calling”, to “fill the vacancies” for God’s Kingdom, see Jesus illustration at Matt 22:1-10), how much more will their full number (or “full number” to fill the empty vacancies) mean.”

Paul further says that “a partial dulling of senses has come upon (fleshly) Israel until the full number of people (both Jew and Gentile) has come in, and in this manner all (spiritual) Israel will be saved.”(Rom11:25, 26) At Matthew 21, Jesus tells the Pharisees, who represented the nation of fleshly Israel:

“Did you never read in the Scriptures (at Ps 118:22, 23), ‘The stone (Jesus Christ) that the builders (the Jewish religious leaders) rejected (and executed on a stake, Acts 5:30), this has become the chief cornerstone (of God’s heavenly Kingdom). This has come from Jehovah, and it is marvelous in our eyes’? This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a (new) nation (see Isa 66:6-9) producing its fruits (of holy conduct).”(Matt 21:42, 43)
No try again!

Gentile sheep, in contrast to the lost sheep of house of Israel (Mat 15:24; Rom 11:25-32). Cp Isa 42:1,6; Act 9:15; 1Timothy 2:7.

No need to get creative on this Guestman!

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Other sheep( John 10:16) who are not of that fold=the great crowd)

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd John 10:`16

Can I draw your attention to Matthew 10:6

Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: 'The kingdom of heaven has come near. ' 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons.

Also

Jeremiah 50:4-6

“In those days, at that time,”
declares the Lord,
“the people of Israel and the people of Judah together
will go in tears to seek the Lord their God.
5 They will ask the way to Zion
and turn their faces toward it.
They will come and bind themselves to the Lord
in an everlasting covenant
that will not be forgotten.

6 “My people (Jews) have been lost sheep;
their shepherds have led them astray
and caused them to roam on the mountains.
They wandered over mountain and hill
and forgot their own resting place.

Jesus was sent to those who know they are lost! Psa 119:176

However, there would be “other sheep not of this fold” John 10:16; Isa. 56:8

The Sovereign Lord declares—
he who gathers the exiles of Israel:
“I will gather still others to them
besides those already gathered.” Isa 56:8

The Others here are the "other sheep"

Let no foreigner who is bound to the Lord say,
“The Lord will surely exclude me from his people.”
And let no eunuch complain,
“I am only a dry tree.” Isa 56:3

And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
and who hold fast to my covenant— Isa 56:6

Rather straight forward really.
F2F

Last edited:

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compare:

Luke 12:32 “Have no fear, little flock, for your Father has approved of giving you the Kingdom.
... 22:“However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

... with:

John 4:16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.

My conclussion is that the "other sheep" are the ones who won't be kings with Jesus (the "little flock", the "new heaven"), but the ones called "the twelve tribes of Israel" (all inhabitants of the earth in the future under the Kingdom of God, the "new earth").

Eph. 1:8 This undeserved kindness he caused to abound toward us in all wisdom and understanding 9 by making known to us the sacred secret of his will. It is according to his good pleasure that he himself purposed 10 for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times, to gather all things together in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth. Yes, in him 11 with whom we are in union and were assigned as heirs, having been foreordained according to the purpose of the one who accomplishes all things as he decides according to his will ...

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Keiw an observation if I may. In my ongoing discussions with Aunty Jane I've noticed her OT knowledge is rather poor and it appears yours presents the same. I know your community walked away from Charles works in the OT, which happened to be spot on, and I believe your community is paying a hefty price for doing so. If you respond try forming the basis of your understanding from the OT which all the writers did under inspiration.

Just a tip

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Compare:

Luke 12:32 “Have no fear, little flock, for your Father has approved of giving you the Kingdom.
... 22:“However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel.

... with:

John 4:16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.

My conclussion is that the "other sheep" are the ones who won't be kings with Jesus (the "little flock", the "new heaven"), but the ones called "the twelve tribes of Israel" (all inhabitants of the earth in the future under the Kingdom of God, the "new earth").

Eph. 1:8 This undeserved kindness he caused to abound toward us in all wisdom and understanding 9 by making known to us the sacred secret of his will. It is according to his good pleasure that he himself purposed 10 for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times, to gather all things together in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth. Yes, in him 11 with whom we are in union and were assigned as heirs, having been foreordained according to the purpose of the one who accomplishes all things as he decides according to his will ...
There is no heaven going for a start Elie. The Kingdom of God is entirely on earth.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The heavenly kings and priests, after going with Jesus to heavens, will not return to live on earth but will be with him in the heavenly realms forever:

1 Thess. 4:17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we will always be with the Lord.

John 14:2 In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be.
... 17:24 Father, I want those whom you have given me to be with me where I am, in order that they may look upon my glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the founding of the world.

... However, obedient humanity will have eternity ahead of it, in a completely new human context: a perfect planet and a just humanity, in the midst of conditions of peace, without pain or disease, or death (Matt. 5:5; Rev. 21:3,4).