Who Are The Children Of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone who looks to the Jews for anything is an Antichrist, fact is they are Antichrist.
The only Jews of any recognition as being truly Jews are the Orthodox and that meaning truly Orthodox not the masquerading facade that the worldly claims, so only our OT is worthy of true Jews and anything added is to this is totally Satanic like the Talmud is.

Christians buying into the facade of the Jews being our big brother are total dupes, the Jews are the degenerates and criminals to God, they do not have the Holy Spirit so they only do the works of man and that's a recipe for disaster.
Big brother ? more like Cain or maybe the prodigal son who went away and squandered all he had and then came crawling back like the dog he was.
We find the OT has worth in that it's a blueprint for the NT and that's is what's worthy, because one needs the OT to truly understand the NT in depth.

Any Christian who looks to the Jews is lost, fact is such could not be Born Again or they would know this for a fact, so why look back to such filth, they will be turned into a pillar of salt or like a dog going back to it's vomit.
The Talmud whore has been working for many years to undermine Christianity and they have do a good job of it, they have put there Satanic bastard sodomites in place in all the Churches and scratched there way to the top and that's why the people have left the Churches in droves from the 1960's on, it's because this mob does not truly preach Jesus Christ first and foremost to be in our lives and then this gibberish about the Jews being Christians big brother becomes obsessive.

Satan created the State that only Satanic fools and idiots claim to be Israel nowadays, it was achieved through a game that the Talmud Whore and top Freemasons played out from World War one and World War 2, the Devil is in the detail if you only bother to look into it all and the end of game is World War 3 and it is this that the "End of times Mob" look forward to. fact is that such are just like Jesus said of them, that they were murders from the beginning and who there Father was of lies ! so why look to such who's Father is of lies ! well people who lack virtue can never handle the truth.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Well I believe literalism. You do not.

The whole bible stands on what it literally says.
“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter [literal] killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” (2 Corinthians 3:6) (KJV 1900)

D

Dave L

Oki doki. So where do you place verses 29-30 from Matthew 24 in time: "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"?
Please check my recent post of Matthew 24. It clears all of this up.

D

Dave L

Ok. I checked, but you seem to be saying that v.29-51 all happen much later than the rest of the Chapter, or am I misunderstanding you?
Yes, Matthew 24 spans the time from Jesus speaking of the Temple's destruction to the end of the world in segments. So segment one speaks of this entire period. Segment two is a closeup of Jerusalem's destruction. Segment three is focused on Christianity until the end. And segment four covers the last of the last days.

Thanks for considering this. It clears up lots of confusion for me. The same technique works for reading Revelation too.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Matthew 24 spans the time from Jesus speaking of the Temple's destruction to the end of the world in segments. So segment one speaks of this entire period. Segment two is a closeup of Jerusalem's destruction. Segment three is focused on Christianity until the end. And segment four covers the last of the last days.

Thanks for considering this. It clears up lots of confusion for me. The same technique works for reading Revelation too.

Well unfortunately I can't say as I agree with you, Dave. :) I appreciate you taking the time to help me get a better handle on your position so I can take it into consideration. But here's the problem I have with it. The NET does the text something of a disservice, in that it is not unspecified "sufferings" which are being referred to in this Chapter but the tribulation, and clearly in v.21 where it says:

ἔσται γὰρ τότε θλῖψις μεγάλη οἵα οὐ γέγονεν ἀπ' ἀρχῆς κόσμου ἕως τοῦ νῦν οὐδ' οὐ μὴ γένηται. = "For then shall be great tribulation such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be."

Matthew then uses the same word in v.29, Εὐθέως δὲ μετὰ τὴν θλῖψιν τῶν ἡμερῶν ἐκείνων = "Immediately after the tribulation of those days." Thus, what he describes thereafter happens immediately after what was talked about in the Second division.

I can't say as I can go along with separating those two sections by thousands of years.

D

Dave L

Well unfortunately I can't say as I agree with you, Dave. :) I appreciate you taking the time to help me get a better handle on your position so I can take it into consideration. But here's the problem I have with it. The NET does the text something of a disservice, in that it is not unspecified "sufferings" which are being referred to in this Chapter but the tribulation, and clearly in v.21 where it says:

ἔσται γὰρ τότε θλῖψις μεγάλη οἵα οὐ γέγονεν ἀπ' ἀρχῆς κόσμου ἕως τοῦ νῦν οὐδ' οὐ μὴ γένηται. = "For then shall be great tribulation such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be."

Matthew then uses the same word in v.29, Εὐθέως δὲ μετὰ τὴν θλῖψιν τῶν ἡμερῶν ἐκείνων = "Immediately after the tribulation of those days." Thus, what he describes thereafter happens immediately after what was talked about in the Second division.

I can't say as I can go along with separating those two sections by thousands of years.
I understand it as two different tribulations. The early Jewish tribulation, past, and the entire New Covenant era of ongoing tribulation culminating in the end of the world.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand it as two different tribulations. The early Jewish tribulation, past, and the entire New Covenant era of ongoing tribulation culminating in the end of the world.

I see what you are saying now.

It's plausible, so it at least has that going for it. But I still see it as disassociating the passages by cutting the Chapter up. But I'll look into it later and see if I can't find other texts that would reasonably refute your position.

Thanks for the talk and have a good Sunday. I'm taking a break for now.

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

I see what you are saying now.

It's plausible, so it at least has that going for it. But I still see it as disassociating the passages by cutting the Chapter up. But I'll look into it later and see if I can't find other texts that would reasonably refute your position.

Thanks for the talk and have a good Sunday. I'm taking a break for now.
It's not really cutting it up, but placing the meaning of each passage into its proper setting. Each segment progresses until the end of the world happens. And then a new segment begins and continues until you see the end of the world again, and so forth.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures reveal the answer.
1 John 3
[1] Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. [2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. [3] And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. [4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. [5] And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. [6] Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. [7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. [8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. [9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
^ntmy :)
Anyone who looks to the Jews for anything is an Antichrist, fact is they are Antichrist.
The only Jews of any recognition as being truly Jews are the Orthodox and that meaning truly Orthodox not the masquerading facade that the worldly claims, so only our OT is worthy of true Jews and anything added is to this is totally Satanic like the Talmud is.

Christians buying into the facade of the Jews being our big brother are total dupes, the Jews are the degenerates and criminals to God, they do not have the Holy Spirit so they only do the works of man and that's a recipe for disaster.
Big brother ? more like Cain or maybe the prodigal son who went away and squandered all he had and then came crawling back like the dog he was.
We find the OT has worth in that it's a blueprint for the NT and that's is what's worthy, because one needs the OT to truly understand the NT in depth.

Any Christian who looks to the Jews is lost, fact is such could not be Born Again or they would know this for a fact, so why look back to such filth, they will be turned into a pillar of salt or like a dog going back to it's vomit.
The Talmud whore has been working for many years to undermine Christianity and they have do a good job of it, they have put there Satanic bastard sodomites in place in all the Churches and scratched there way to the top and that's why the people have left the Churches in droves from the 1960's on, it's because this mob does not truly preach Jesus Christ first and foremost to be in our lives and then this gibberish about the Jews being Christians big brother becomes obsessive.

Satan created the State that only Satanic fools and idiots claim to be Israel nowadays, it was achieved through a game that the Talmud Whore and top Freemasons played out from World War one and World War 2, the Devil is in the detail if you only bother to look into it all and the end of game is World War 3 and it is this that the "End of times Mob" look forward to. fact is that such are just like Jesus said of them, that they were murders from the beginning and who there Father was of lies ! so why look to such who's Father is of lies ! well people who lack virtue can never handle the truth.
i agree to a point, to Jews we are just like Muslims, but hopefully you do not feel this way about individual Jews?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It says he had already discussed this with them, so they knew that is why they did not challenge him.
So, you think the reason why Paul, who was the most fearless preacher of Christ and never failed to declare Him before men...would uncharacteristically resort to secrecy and mystery in his letter to the Thesslalonians because "he already told them"? Well, what about posterity, including us? What, Paul didn't think the rest of the persecuted church didn't need the encouragement of knowing that your "Holy Spirit Restrainer" was still on the throne? What about you and me who are persecuted? No, this is NOT the reason why Paul kept quiet about the Restrainer.
Who else could the restrainer bee to restrain on the whole earth 24/7?
Not "the whole Earth", just "the Man of Sin" aka "Antichrist". Says England's most famous prophecy teacher H. Grattan Guiness:

"Paul distinctly tells us that he knew, and that the Thessalonians knew, what that hindrance was, and that it was then in existence. The early Church, through the writings of the Fathers, tells us what it knew upon the subject, and with remarkable unanimity AFFIRMS that this “let,” or hindrance, was the Roman empire as governed by the Caesars ; that while the Caesars held imperial power, it was impossible for the predicted antichrist to arise, and that on the fall of the Caesars he would arise. Here we have a point on which Paul affirms the existence of knowledge in the Christian Church. The early Church knew, he says, what this hindrance was. The early Church tells us what it did know upon the subject, and no one...

THAT INCLUDES ME AND YOU, COREISSUE...

...in these days can be in a position to contradict its testimony as to what Paul had, by word of mouth only, told the Thessalonians.
It is a point on which ancient tradition alone can have any authority. Modern speculation is positively impertinent on such a subject."

So, CoreIssue, do you now see why Paul didn't run around proclaiming "...after the Roman Empire is taken out of the way, then the Man of Sin will be revealed..." because as soon as the Romans heard or read "...Roman Empire taken out..."...well, they'd have just rounded up all the Christians and made them all DEAD, wouldn't they? Do have the courage to read a sampling of the "remarkable unanimity" of writings the of the ECFs about the Restrainer?

Point #5 in this link:
Early Church Fathers Were Historicist – H. Grattan Guinness

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures reveal the answer.
1 John 3
[1] Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. [2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. [3] And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. [4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. [5] And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. [6] Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. [7] Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. [8] He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. [9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [10] In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Amen. In the same way, the "temple of God" can never be a building in which the activities conducted therein are an official rejection of the Son of God.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pretty much defines non-osas. the precious blood of Jesus is not enough, we must do more. :rolleyes:

Rev 19:20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
There you antinomianists go again - twisting Biblical "reasonable service" and "unprofitable service" into "contractual service". As Christians, we are not free to do as we please with our minds and bodies - we are to serve God with them and the only way we can is by inviting Jesus into our heart which act enables Him to accomplish that for us. What god would teach otherwise except the antinomianist god of this world?

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter [literal] killeth, but the spirit giveth life.” (2 Corinthians 3:6) (KJV 1900)
Quite a spin.

The spirit is the intent of what is written.

Spiritualizing is interpreting the words to mean whatever you want them to me.

D

Dave L

Quite a spin.

The spirit is the intent of what is written.

Spiritualizing is interpreting the words to mean whatever you want them to me.
The intent often rules out literal. Jesus and the pharisees provides a perfect demonstration of this.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you think the reason why Paul, who was the most fearless preacher of Christ and never failed to declare Him before men...would uncharacteristically resort to secrecy and mystery in his letter to the Thesslalonians because "he already told them"? Well, what about posterity, including us? What, Paul didn't think the rest of the persecuted church didn't need the encouragement of knowing that your "Holy Spirit Restrainer" was still on the throne? What about you and me who are persecuted? No, this is NOT the reason why Paul kept quiet about the Restrainer.
Not "the whole Earth", just "the Man of Sin" aka "Antichrist". Says England's most famous prophecy teacher H. Grattan Guiness:

"Paul distinctly tells us that he knew, and that the Thessalonians knew, what that hindrance was, and that it was then in existence. The early Church, through the writings of the Fathers, tells us what it knew upon the subject, and with remarkable unanimity AFFIRMS that this “let,” or hindrance, was the Roman empire as governed by the Caesars ; that while the Caesars held imperial power, it was impossible for the predicted antichrist to arise, and that on the fall of the Caesars he would arise. Here we have a point on which Paul affirms the existence of knowledge in the Christian Church. The early Church knew, he says, what this hindrance was. The early Church tells us what it did know upon the subject, and no one...

The roman empire restrained lawlessness?

Is that it joke?

...in these days can be in a position to contradict its testimony as to what Paul had, by word of mouth only, told the Thessalonians.
It is a point on which ancient tradition alone can have any authority. Modern speculation is positively impertinent on such a subject."

So, CoreIssue, do you now see why Paul didn't run around proclaiming "...after the Roman Empire is taken out of the way, then the Man of Sin will be revealed..." because as soon as the Romans heard or read "...Roman Empire taken out..."...well, they'd have just rounded up all the Christians and made them all DEAD, wouldn't they? Do have the courage to read a sampling of the "remarkable unanimity" of writings the of the ECFs about the Restrainer?

Point #5 in this link:

Point #5 in this link:

Saying the roman empire was the restrainer is absurd. It was not omipresent in the world.

Plus, the AC will rule the restored roman empire. So it further does not make sense.

Early church fathers, meaning the founders of Catholicism.

D

Dave L

Jesus quoted the bible literally.

Again, spiritualizing that that means to make the bible say what you want it to, not what it means.
Why did the pharisees expect a literal physical kingdom, and Jesus tell them is was spiritual instead, both using the same OT prophets?

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did the pharisees expect a literal physical kingdom, and Jesus tell them is was spiritual instead, both using the same OT prophets?

Who cares what the pharisees expected? They were apostate.

But Gods spiritual kingdom operates through flesh in this world. The New Jerusalem is quite physical in heaven and will descend on the new physical earth. And we, in new physical bodies will live in it.

God is spirit, the angels are spirit, the dead in Christ are spirit, Satan is spirit and demons are spirit.

Spirit and spiritualized are two different things.