Who are the most liked and approachable Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the crucible of theological discourse, Aunty Jane, your reflections shine as a beacon of unwavering commitment to the teachings of Christ. The clarity with which you navigate the complexities of faith and the Christian journey is truly commendable.
Your emphasis on the unequivocal command to love one's enemies, as articulated by Jesus in Matthew 5:43-44, resonates powerfully. The challenge you pose is profound: How can one claim to love their enemies while engaging in activities that involve harming or killing them? It's a question that invites sincere introspection and demands a genuine alignment with the teachings of Christ.
The critique of a divided and often contentious Christianity, marked by sectarianism and doctrinal disagreements, reflects the lamentable state of disunity within the broader Christian community. Your call to allow the Bible to speak for itself and to bring personal faith into alignment with its teachings is a reminder of the need for humility and receptivity to divine guidance.
The citation from the book of James underscores the inseparable link between faith and works. True Christianity, as you eloquently express, is not merely a profession of beliefs but a living, active demonstration of those beliefs through righteous actions. The contrast between genuine faith and mere intellectual assent is stark, and your exhortation to let our actions be the manifestation of our faith is a powerful call to authenticity.
Your call for a united global body of Christianity, serving the same God and adhering to the teachings of Jesus, echoes the biblical vision of the Church as a unified and diverse community. The reminder to be "no part of the world," following the example of Jesus, challenges the prevailing notions of political allegiance and underscores the transcendent nature of Christ's kingdom.
As you rightly point out, standing apart from the world's systems and ideologies may lead to persecution, but it is in that very stance that the authenticity of true Christianity shines. Your eloquent articulation of these principles serves as an inspiring reminder for believers to remain true to the teachings of Christ, irrespective of the prevailing currents of the world.
May your insights continue to inspire and guide those who seek to live out the radical love and transformative power of Christ in a world often characterized by conflicting values. #ChristianReflections
Thank you, I am humbled by your words, but I can take no credit for them, as the scriptures guide my thoughts on all things. All I do is remind others of what it means to BE a “Christian” in every sense of the word. Christendom has departed from what Christ taught because they have taken what is inconvenient to them and put it on “ignore”.....I don’t think Jesus or his Father have an “ignore” button...do you?

We will all be held accountable for what we do...and also what we don’t do in obedience to our Lord and savior. He was sent by his Father to undo the damage that the first rebels unleashed on the human race, through no fault on their part. Our Father did not have to do that, but in accord with his purpose, and his love for his human children, he would bring it all to a perfect conclusion. (Isa 55:11; Rev 21-24)

Last edited:

Always

Oct 23, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there is set criteria for the kind of “Christianity” that Jesus taught, and the kind that he prophesied to come into the world after his return to heaven. He gave us a parable to illustrate what we could expect to take place after the death of the apostles. It was a warning…..

Matthew 13:24-30…
”He presented another illustration to them, saying: “The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25 While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26 When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27 So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29 He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse.’”

This is one illustration where the disciples pressed him for an explanation….

”Then after dismissing the crowds, he went into the house. His disciples came to him and said: “Explain to us the illustration of the weeds in the field.” 37 In response he said: “The sower of the fine seed is the Son of man; 38 the field is the world. As for the fine seed, these are the sons of the Kingdom, but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one, 39 and the enemy who sowed them is the Devil. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be in the conclusion of the system of things. 41 The Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness, 42 and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace. There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be. 43 At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun in the Kingdom of their Father. Let the one who has ears listen.”

What picture do you get from this illustration and the explanation that Jesus gave to the disciples?
Stand back and see that Jesus’ parable has seen fulfillment since the hijacking of the Christian faith by those who were long ago foretold to do just that under the devil’s influence. A counterfeit “Christianity” came into existence at a time of spiritual drowsiness on the part of those early Christians of the second century onward. It was a gradual decline and saw the introduction of doctrines not based on the teachings of Jesus Christ, but adopted from pagan notions that remain to this day.

Christendom and first century Judaism are mirror images of one another….separated by sectarian views and facilitated by corrupt men, drunk with power that Jesus never gave them. They held to man-made traditions rather than upholding the truth of God’s word. (Matt 15:7-9) Jesus said that this made their worship “invalid”.
If this is the foundation of Christendom, then what hope is there for sincere ones who want to do God’s will?

How were “many” going to make it through the final judgment between the “wheat and the weeds”, or the “sheep and the goats”, who picture the same two groups of people….one destined for everlasting life and the other to everlasting death?

Jesus tells us in Matt 7:13-14…
“Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.”

Why are “few” on the road to life? And why are the majority on the wrong path?

Those who claim Jesus as their “Lord” are in the majority among professing Christians, but what does he say to those ones who talk the talk, but fail to walk the walk?

”Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’”

Jesus knows who are NOT “doing the will” of his Father…but in order to do it, we first have to know what his will is…..so what do you think this means for the majority today who think that their Christianity is valid but who fail to distinguish truth from the lies that have been promulgated for so long, that many have never questioned them?

Lets start for example, with a very easy question that most “Christians” cannot answer…
What is God’s kingdom? Jesus taught us to pray for it to “come“, so that God’s will can “be done on earth as it is in heaven”….What was Jesus teaching us to pray for? How does the kingdom come? How can God’s will “be done on earth as it is in heaven”?

How would you answer?
Yes those who do not walk the walk, will be told that He does not know them, however key phrase you use is "Jesus knows" validity of one's denominations unless you have experienced their teachings is not known by us, if they profess that Jesus is Lord and Savior, Mark 9:38-41, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us.

God's Kingdom is the fruit that we possess on the inside to be used to build His kingdom the more

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes those who do not walk the walk, will be told that He does not know them, however key phrase you use is "Jesus knows" validity of one's denominations unless you have experienced their teachings is not known by us, if they profess that Jesus is Lord and Savior, Mark 9:38-41, 40 for whoever is not against us is for us.
That was true back in the first century because there were only two choices to make…stay with the errors of corrupt Judaism, or remove yourself from that now dead religious system, and become a baptized member of the Christian congregation….a disciple of Jesus Christ, under a new covenant.
We no longer have two choices.…which means that there are many who claim to be “for” Jesus today, but who, by their beliefs and practices demonstrate the exact opposite.
God's Kingdom is the fruit that we possess on the inside to be used to build His kingdom the more
I can ask this question of a dozen different “Christians“ and get a dozen different answers….the scriptures tell us exactly what God’s Kingdom is, and yet the majority of those who identify as disciples of Christ, cannot define it in scriptural terms…..why is that, do you think?

God’s kingdom is a reality…a tangible real life “administration” or governmental system of the “King” over his “dom”ain.

We know who the King is, but what is his government and who make it up?
What is their role and from where do they administer the laws and function of this ruling body?

When can we expect the Kingdom to “come” so that God’s will is “done on earth as it is in heaven?

What does the Lord’s Prayer teach us?

Reactions: TheHC

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Only then shall we finally have good government
Absolutely. Without the right Sovereign, the right King ruling His domain, that kingdom will not last. But after Jesus establishes His Own kingdom He merges it by submitting it to His Father's kingdom which will never end.

Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. Is 9:7

T

Tulipbee

Thank you, I am humbled by your words, but I can take no credit for them, as the scriptures guide my thoughts on all things. All I do is remind others of what it means to BE a “Christian” in every sense of the word. Christendom has departed from what Christ taught because they have taken what is inconvenient to them and put it on “ignore”.....I don’t think Jesus or his Father have an “ignore” button...do you?

We will all be held accountable for what we do...and also what we don’t do in obedience to our Lord and savior. He was sent by his Father to undo the damage that the first rebels unleashed on the human race, through no fault on their part. Our Father did not have to do that, but in accord with his purpose, and his love for his human children, he would bring it all to a perfect conclusion. (Isa 55:11; Rev 21-24)
In the realm of theological reflection, Aunty Jane, your unwavering commitment to the teachings of Christ and reliance on the Scriptures as your guide shines brightly. As we navigate the currents of faith and doctrine, let us delve into the rich tapestry of Calvinistic principles, drawing from the wisdom of John Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion.

In response to your profound question on love and harm, Calvin emphasized the sovereignty of God and the mysterious workings of His providence. As he wrote, "Predestination... we call the eternal decree of God, by which He determined with Himself whatever He wished to happen with regard to every man." The challenge you pose aligns with the Calvinistic call to grapple with the complexities of divine sovereignty and human responsibility.

The juxtaposition of faith and works, a theme echoed in your words, finds resonance in Calvin's teachings. Calvin emphasized, "Faith is a knowledge of the benevolence of God toward us, founded on the truth of the freely given promise in Christ, both revealed to our minds and sealed upon our hearts through the Holy Spirit."

Your call for a united global body of Christianity and a departure from the world's systems aligns with Calvinistic principles of the Church as a community marked by the sovereignty of God. Calvin asserted, "The church is the common mother of all the godly, who by spiritual regeneration have been ingrafted into the body of Christ."

As we navigate the complexities of faith and obedience, let us remember the Calvinistic call to humility and receptivity to divine guidance. In your reminder that we will be held accountable for our actions, Calvin's words resonate: "For there is no other gateway by which we can enter into the church than if it be evident to us that we are God’s children."

May the rich tapestry of Calvinistic theology inspire a deeper understanding of the Scriptures and a commitment to living out the radical love and transformative power of Christ in a world that often veers from the path of divine truth. #ChristianReflections

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
call to humility and receptivity to divine guidance.
Yes, this is what God has been strongly encouraging me to do also. It was great that many have been enabled to be humble and receptive to the leading of the Spirit sent to us from our Father in heaven.

For without Him we may struggle to follow Him where He leads us. Especially if He leads us into temptation, trials, hardships, testing of our faith etc.

No wonder one of Jesus's example of prayer was, Our Father in heaven, lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil of the evil one.

Jesus knew how much of a challenge it was for Him. And this was immediately after He was baptise, received the Spirit from His Father and heard His audible voice affirming who He was.

What chance have we got against Satan without the Spirit of the Word of Creator God affirming our true identity and empowering us with His power to resist any evil spirits.