Who are the most liked and approachable Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

convodrizzle

Jan 13, 2024
No
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the most liked, approachable and chatty Christians? The most interesting and kind Christians tend to be what denominations and which churches? What regions, states and towns?
Who are the kindest people you know that are open and helpful with questions and good conversations?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think you can generalise like that. There must be bubbly, chatty people in all areas of Church. and conversely withdrawn and reserved people also.

Which branch of Church do you belong to @convodrizzle ? I know in my own fellowship, which is independent, there is quite a mix of personalities, as there must be anywhere really. It takes all sorts to make a body.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you can generalise like that. There must be bubbly, chatty people in all areas of Church. and conversely withdrawn and reserved people also.

Which branch of Church do you belong to @convodrizzle ? I know in my own fellowship, which is independent, there is quite a mix of personalities, as there must be anywhere really. It takes all sorts to make a body.
1co 12:14For the body is not one member, but many.
1co 12:15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1co 12:16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1co 12:17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1co 12:18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1co 12:19And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1co 12:20But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1co 12:21And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1co 12:22Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1co 12:23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1co 12:24For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:
1co 12:25That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1co 12:26And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
1co 12:27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

convodrizzle

Jan 13, 2024
No
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have spent a little bit of time in several non denominational churches. As a kid I was focused just on the message of the Bible without noticing much else. Most of my experience is with smaller mixed college type gatherings. I was part of a Calvary Chapel.

I just mean someone in the Bronx has different attitudes and personality than someone in Mississippi or San Diego. Some people are more casual and some are more formal and reserved.
So, if I understand, you think people in an area come together in a church and there are many different types of people and personalities within that church. Rather than people with a distinct style/personality finding each other and starting and joining churches based on the church fitting in with their personal preferences?

Reactions: Mr E and Debp

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have spent a little bit of time in several non denominational churches. As a kid I was focused just on the message of the Bible without noticing much else. Most of my experience is with smaller mixed college type gatherings. I was part of a Calvary Chapel.

I just mean someone in the Bronx has different attitudes and personality than someone in Mississippi or San Diego. Some people are more casual and some are more formal and reserved.
So, if I understand, you think people in an area come together in a church and there are many different types of people and personalities within that church. Rather than people with a distinct style/personality finding each other and starting and joining churches based on the church fitting in with their personal preferences?
“Christianity” is not about local “churches”….it is a global brotherhood, so it shouldn’t matter what the location is, (Acts 10:34-35) genuine Christians are all taught by Jesus Christ and that in itself should carry over into all congregations who meet together for worship. (Heb 10:24-25)

Christians must also be one cohesive group, all believing and practicing the same things. (1 Cor 1:10)

It is God who gathers his worshippers together by his spirit, (John 6:44, 65) so if the spirit is not there in the love and in the unity of teachings, then you are in the wrong place.

My first recommendation would be to find a global brotherhood of Christians who all believe one truth…serve one God….and are taught by one Lord Jesus Christ. You will find them fulfilling “the great commission” (Matt 28:19-20; Matt 24:14) and they will be a hated and persecuted minority among the “many” who profess to be “Christians”…..(John 15:18-21; Matt 7:13-14; 21-23) Calling yourself a Christian doesn’t make you one.

This, I believe separates the “wheat from the weeds” as indicated in Jesus’ parable. (Matt 13:24-30) There was to be a counterfeit “Christian” faith planted by the devil to deceive the masses into believing lies and taking them down the wrong path…..the disciples asked for an explanation of this parable , so Jesus gave them the specifics…(Matt 13:36-43)

The truth is all there in the scriptures for those who are seeking God’s truth…not just a comfortable place, as you said…”Rather than people with a distinct style/personality finding each other and starting and joining churches based on the church fitting in with their personal preferences?”….that is to entertain or to promote their own beliefs rather than to study God’s word with an open heart and mind. Sometimes the truth is confronting….it doesn’t mean it’s not the truth, but simply that it’s not a truth you are comfortable with….yet. If God is ‘drawing’ us, he can help us change our mind and heart about a lot of ingrained ideas.

God’s spirit promotes unity not division.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and TheHC

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Yes that's exactly what I mean. And that's how it is in England.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a great question. I have to say in my experience it would be Methodists. Unfortunately, for many of them, sound doctrine has been sacrificed at the altar of progressivism.
Thats a big problem in most places now . I think when the focus became more on common ground and just getting along
DOCTRINE GOT SACRFICED . 'Nothing wrong with being friendly , but when doctrine gets removed in order
to make the place appear more friendly , THAT BE THE PROBLEM . and its what they did .

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Serving God isn't popularity contest.
Second Timothy chapter 3 . Those who serve God, will suffer some persecution.
James chapter 2 . Your to have both faith and works.
Those playing church, won't repent, persecution doesn't appeal to them, and they have dead works.
This group won't study sound doctrine and produce fruit for God.

Two categories.
Your either servant of God.
Or there reprobates.

Men pleasers don't please God. Those playing church wont make stand. Thier biblically illiterate and have dead works.

Galatians chapter 4 . Paul teaches the difference between servant and heir.

The servant is in Bondage to traditions of men and false doctrine. Dead works.

The heir is children of light, they have faith and good works.

So those who play church, put themselves in Bondage.

Jesus is looking for few Christian people who will make stand. Success is obedience to God. Repentance. Good works. Studying sound doctrine.
Colossians chapter 1.
James chapter 2
Those who are Heirs, obtain kingdom of God.
Those in Bondage end up in sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked until judgement day.
Psalm chapter 6
Galatians chapter 4

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who are the most liked, approachable and chatty Christians? The most interesting and kind Christians tend to be what denominations and which churches? What regions, states and towns?
Who are the kindest people you know that are open and helpful with questions and good conversations?
I would say that where those who are filled, led and bearing the fruit of the Spirit of God are, where there are people who are sensing the mercy of God and experiencing the grace of God. Where people are not condemning themselves and projecting it onto others. Where loving kindness is genuinely expressed without strings attached.

I've found it is becoming more likely when people meet informally eg. in the home or in the park. For me, when formality and structure governs our time together people tend to change and are tempted to perform a certain way that isn't always natural, or could I say, the natural fruit of the Spirit generating good questions and conversation can get stifled. But each to their own. We tend to be more that way inclined over here in Australia anyway.

Then again, I'm not the right person to ask as I haven't been to a denominational or any other formal meeting in years. I meet with followers of Jesus most days, sometime multiple times a day. Almost everyone loves the time spent together eating, walking and plenty of talking. Nearly all comment that they find this the best times together where everyone gets to share their life in Christ freely without fear of being judged or condemned. It's great!

My days in any formal, organised setting are long gone. It's so liberating and edifying.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would say that where those who are filled, led and bearing the fruit of the Spirit of God are, where there are people who are sensing the mercy of God and experiencing the grace of God. Where people are not condemning themselves and projecting it onto others. Where loving kindness is genuinely expressed without strings attached.
This is what I noticed too…..people gravitate to an atmosphere that is loving, but not so ‘liberated‘ that there are no rules…..God is the one who from the beginning, started the human race off with his commands….he created rules to avoid chaos among his free willed children. When the rules are flouted, there might be an atmosphere of ‘love’ and ‘acceptance’…..but is there unity of thought and agreement about beliefs and practices in accord with Christ’s teachings? (1 Cor 1:10)
I've found it is becoming more likely when people meet informally eg. in the home or in the park. For me, when formality and structure governs our time together people tend to change and are tempted to perform a certain way that isn't always natural, or could I say, the natural fruit of the Spirit generating good questions and conversation can get stifled. But each to their own. We tend to be more that way inclined over here in Australia anyway.
As a fellow Aussie, I agree….we are a very secular country, and for those who do have a spiritual need, ‘freedom of thought’ is appealing. “She’ll be right” works for us because that is our nature…..but Christianity is not something that has to adapt to culture….culture has to adapt to Christianity, although it doesn’t have to lose its personality. We can be “Christ-like” in our worship as Jesus was. He taught people in synagogues, open areas, on the sea shore….anywhere the people gathered to hear him, so the ‘building‘ didn’t matter, or the location…what mattered was taking on board, and implementing his teachings in their everyday lives as a united body of believers. There were rules that had to be obeyed, and people were not free to put their own interpretation on those teachings, or to ignore the more difficult ones and make excuses for not including them.

Paul said that meeting together as a congregation was important and not to forsake it. (Heb 10:24-25) We are to encourage one another in a world that promotes discouragement about everything. It is ruled by God’s adversary, so we have to be vigilant so as not to be fooled into a false sense of security. (1 John 5:19; 1 Cor 10:12)
Then again, I'm not the right person to ask as I haven't been to a denominational or any other formal meeting in years. I meet with followers of Jesus most days, sometime multiple times a day. Almost everyone loves the time spent together eating, walking and plenty of talking. Nearly all comment that they find this the best times together where everyone gets to share their life in Christ freely without fear of being judged or condemned. It's great!
The Bible itself does not condone sectarianism, which is what divided Judaism. The minute you have those dividing the brotherhood over doctrine, you have fractured any unity that might have existed…..”I think” replaces “the Bible says”.….and what we “think“ has no place in Christianity….there are literally thousands of ‘thinkers’ who have drawn people off after themselves.
Paul warned…..”I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.” (Acts 20:29-30)

So even back in the first century, the warning was there, and the devil knows that human nature does not change….he knows how to corrupt our thinking, so that even in the ‘freedom or liberation’ we can feel…there is still slavery.

Romans 6:16-18…
”Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?
But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.”

So having freedom, doesn’t mean being free of God’s law and the principles that form the basis for them.
God’s worship has always been “organized” in that there were always his qualified teachers and shepherds, appointed by him to feed his worshippers healthy spiritual food and guidance in their everyday lives. Jesus said we would have such teachers in the time of his imminent return as judge.…a slave to “feed” their fellow slaves….appointed by himself. (Matt 24:45) It wasn’t a buffet.

Were there appointed times for things to take place in Israel, in an orderly way? YES! Because Jehovah is a God of order, which makes for peace. (1 Cor 14:33) No one was left wondering what to do or when or how to do it…every single thing with regard to worship was prescribed by God himself, nothing was left for humans to decide because, just after liberating Israel from slavery in Egypt, the people decided to hold a festival to Jehovah, the God who had led them out of Egypt…..but they created a golden calf and called that their God. It displeased Jehovah so much that he sent Moses down from the mountain to deal with it. 3,000 idolater were slain because they chose to worship God their way. He never allowed them to do that again.
My days in any formal, organised setting are long gone. It's so liberating and edifying.
I too left the divided churches of Christendom, never to return, but the one thing I never did was try to find a God that suited what I wanted to believe….I wanted to find the God of the Bible and conform my way of life to his standards rather than cherry picking scripture and misapplying it as I had seen so many do in their carving up of the Christ.

I looked for those who were “doing the will of God” even when it was very difficult to do so. Culture in many nations causes extreme hardship for those who want to serve the true God among those who are serving other gods, or those trying to fuse their Christianity with their indoctrinated patriotism.

In a secular country like Australia, I was looking for those who were not hypocrites…praising the “Prince of Peace” with one corner of their mouths, and supporting the bloodshed in war with the other. No Christian can be a “friend of the world” by supporting or condoning political violence, since it has no sanction from God. (James 4:4)
We are told to “be peaceable with all men” and to ‘love our enemies and to pray for them’. (Rom 12:17-21; Matt 5:43-44) We are to meet regularly with fellow believers, and we are to be united in our beliefs and practices, rejoicing in our global unity and feeling the hand of God in blessing all our activities.

It doesn’t mean that we are perfect because we are all sinners like everyone else, but we practice a very different “Christianity”…like chalk and cheese…like “wheat and weeds”. We are not part of Christendom’s divided “church” system, and hold very little in common with their beliefs or practices. Many of us have come out of that situation and found our spiritual home with those who are like minded, all over the world….a truly global brotherhood. It has been my home for over 50 years.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but Christianity is not something that has to adapt to culture
Yes and no. I encourage people to hear what the Spirit is saying to them and do that. Maybe if every member of the body were to hear the Spirit personally and directly as He brings truth from heaven and downloads it into us and then we apply it to our life, then unity and maturity would be the likely outcome.

Maybe then the culture wouldn't have much of an impact.

The Spirit is the One Who is asigned this task and we are His hosts.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes and no. I encourage people to hear what the Spirit is saying to them and do that. Maybe if every member of the body were to hear the Spirit personally and directly as He brings truth from heaven and downloads it into us and then we apply it to our life, then unity and maturity would be the likely outcome.
Are you going to hold your breath waiting for that to happen…..if it isn’t, don’t you have to ask why?
Maybe then the culture wouldn't have much of an impact.
Culture can mold itself to God’s word….we just can’t let God’s word be molded by culture.
The Spirit is the One Who is asigned this task and we are His hosts.
God’s spirit works the way it always has….if we are receptive to its leading, then we can avail ourselves of the knowledge now available to us…..we have access to more knowledge now, that at any other time in history…that is a very good thing, but it also leaves us with no excuses. Knowledge dispels ignorance, so there is no reason for ignorance as there was in times past.

God does not change and neither do his standards….the world changes so very much and today the standards get lower and lower as we see the immorality and lust for violence sweep the world, just as it must have been in Noah’s day…..it is an indication of Christ’s return….

”For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.” (Matt 24:37-39)

Are we prepared for this judgment? Or will we be like the people in Noah’s day who didn’t believe what he told them about God’s intentions…..and the flood came and swept them all away….only 8 people survived. Why? Because they alone out of the entire population of that time, were found to be righteous and obedient to God’s instructions. You see, it’s always been about obedience...it is all God has ever asked of us.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God’s spirit works the way it always has….if we are receptive to its leading, then we can avail ourselves of the knowledge now available to us
I'm thinking you are referring to the Person of God, the Spirit of Christ when you said 'it always' and 'its leading'. Don't want to be picky but clarifying what you are saying.
we have access to more knowledge now, that at any other time in history
What knowledge are you referring to here, again, to hopefully a clear understanding of what you are saying.

If you are referring to gaining or increasing in general knowledge then I guess that's one thing. If you are referring to gaining more revelation of the truth by the Spirit of Truth Who was sent to us for this very reason then that's probably another thing.
that is a very good thing, but it also leaves us with no excuses
No excuse for what in particular?
God does not change and neither do his standards
What do you mean by this statement? 1. God does not change 2. neither do His standard
Are we prepared for this judgment?
If you are referring to the bride of Christ, then I'd say yes, every single member of her will be where the Groom's Father wants it to be. Any imperfections will become perfections in a twinkling of an eye. His bride will be fully accepted within the Beloved Groom. Now that's good news.

As for those who are not Jesus' bride then not so good news. Well not initially anyway.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you going to hold your breath waiting for that to happen…..if it isn’t, don’t you have to ask why?
No, not me, I tried doing that and nearly passed out. No, I have accepted the ongoing state of the true church/bride for some time now. I came to see that the Creator has a script written just for her, well each individual member and it is going exactly according to the script. Now, that won't change. Yay!

So I don't need to ask why but have grown to trust in the Scriptwriter and His ability to carry His plan, His will exactly as He first imagined it to be. Isn't that comforting.

12question

Dec 9, 2023
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Culture can mold itself to God’s word….we just can’t let God’s word be molded by culture.
God sent His Spirit to carry out His will. Culture will be molded by God in accordance with His will. Yay! God is our Sovereign Creator and Owner of His creations.