1 Cor 15.1-4 result Eph 1.13Knows the words maybe, but the power?
Believe and trust only in the death burial resurrection of Christ results in saved justified and sealed with the HS till the day of redemption
Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.
You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
1 Cor 15.1-4 result Eph 1.13Knows the words maybe, but the power?
"who were born of God", this passage presupposes that receiving the right is followed by the thing itself, rebirth, born of God.Since the discussion evolved into a classic OSAS vs NOSAS discussion allow me a related question.
I always wrestled with the below passage, in context the exact meaning of verse 12 -
Joh 1:9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.
Joh 1:11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
So, believing in Jesus alone does not make you a child of God.
But when you believe in Jesus you have the right to become.
And you are supposed to do something with that right to become.
And John does not say how.
Unless you believe you can force yourself (using that right) to become born of God.
And I don't believe it works that way, being born again IMO is a life changing experience from God.
So, how about using that right ?
Puzzled....
What did Jesus via Paul teach was required of you to be saved, justified, HS sealed ?"who were born of God", this passage presupposes that receiving the right is followed by the thing itself, rebirth, born of God.
This speaks of those whom believing, receiving Jesus, they have the right to become God's children, "who were born . . . of God".
Much love!
Believing things about Jesus doesn't save you. That is a very superficial belief system...based on a religious transaction whereby God is absent. How do you know that God approves of your conclusions? Why don't you believe you are poor naked wretched and blind as Jesus says?1 Cor 15.1-4 result Eph 1.13
Believe and trust only in the death burial resurrection of Christ results in saved justified and sealed with the HS till the day of redemption
1 Cor 15.1-4, Eph 1.13 says believing and trusting in the death burial resurrection of Christ does save, justify & HS seal you.Believing things about Jesus doesn't save you. That is a very superficial belief system...based on a religious transaction whereby God is absent. How do you know that God approves of your conclusions? Why don't you believe you are poor naked wretched and blind as Jesus says?
What verses am I claiming? My preference?1 Cor 15.1-4, Eph 1.13 says believing and trusting in the death burial resurrection of Christ does save, justify & HS seal you.
That is the saving Gospel that Jesus in Gal 2.2 taught to Paul
What verses are you relying on ?
++++I really think you need to listen to what Jesus is telling you.What verses am I claiming? My preference?
I really think you need to listen to what Jesus is telling you.
On the contrary, it is "rightly dividing the word of truth" and only twaddle to the natural man. For "the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."This is hyper grace twaddle. Work out your own salvation (of the soul) with fear and trembling.
I don't agree. Christ suffered and He never sinned. We can stop sinning.Meanwhile, good works are not wrong, but good--but if our motivation is self-endurance--we rob from God. That is not what is meant by "endure unto the end." But rather, that being left to the sufferings and struggles of this world and being coupled with our old body of sin and death, we should be encouraged to endure until our work is done--just as Christ "who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross." Which is to say--those who say they will not sin, deny to suffer as Christ suffered.
++++We can stop sinning.I don't agree. Christ suffered and He never sinned. We can stop sinning.
John 8:34-36
King James Version
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
You are quoting the difference I have been speaking of, and what you have not acknowledged: That it is the body of sin and death that is "the servant of sin", while "the Son" "a life-giving spirit"--not that flesh body of sin--"abideth ever." The scriptures speak of two different bodies, one that sins, One that does not.I don't agree. Christ suffered and He never sinned. We can stop sinning.
John 8:34-36
King James Version
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
Sorry, I still don't agree with this. I don't agree that only Jesus is ever without sin. We ought to walk as He walked. I think not sinning is kind of the beginning. People in the Bible were able to be blameless even before Christ and the Holy Spirit. Noah was one of them. Also Zaccheus and Elizabeth, John the Baptists parents.That it is the body of sin and death that is "the servant of sin", while "the Son" "a life-giving spirit"--not that flesh body of sin--"abideth ever." The scriptures speak of two different bodies, one that sins, One that does not.
You are quoting the difference I have been speaking of, and what you have not acknowledged: That it is the body of sin and death that is "the servant of sin", while "the Son" "a life-giving spirit"--not that flesh body of sin--"abideth ever." The scriptures speak of two different bodies, one that sins, One that does not.
Sorry, I still don't agree with this. I don't agree that only Jesus is ever without sin. We ought to walk as He walked. I think not sinning is kind of the beginning. People in the Bible were able to be blameless even before Christ and the Holy Spirit. Noah was one of them. Also Zaccheus and Elizabeth, John the Baptists parents.
God actually expected people to obey Him then. He expects us to obey Him now.
"You shouldn't do it in your own strength. Self-effort robs God."
I don't really see that in Scripture. We are to love the Lord with all our strength. That's what Ill continue to do.

Have sinned. Past tense. I agree.Oh wow dear sister,
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Have sinned. Past tense. I agree.
Do we have to keep sinning forever and ever? No. I believe righteousness is about what we do now.
Thanks for the like, brother :)
We are saved not by information but through the power of Christ. The whole bible tells you the kind of humility and disposition you need to be accepted by God.++++I really think you need to listen to what Jesus is telling you.
I do, He teaches how I am saved through His chosen Apostle for today of whom all the Apostles agreed with
Acts 9.15, Gal 2.7-9, Rom 11.13, Rom 15.16, 1 Tim 2.7, Eph 3.8 Acts 15.11-12

Why doesn't your chart show the 1 Cor 15.1-4, Eph 1.13 Gospel that Jesus Gal 1.11-12 taught to Paul ?AS this thread is getting out of hand... it's time to bring it back to Jesus and the gospel He preached.
View attachment 90881
For the dispensationalists who want Jesus as an idol but don't want to listen to Him...Paul has this to say.
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strife of words, whereof come envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,; 1 Tim. 6:3-4
And if this description of Paul's doesn't fit the vapourings of half the people here, I don't know what does.
+++++Do we have to keep sinning forever and ever? NoHave sinned. Past tense. I agree.
Do we have to keep sinning forever and ever? No. I believe righteousness is about what we do now.
Thanks for the like, brother :)