Who are you ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, another question... Is there Sin in Christ?
Is there SIN IN CHRIST?
No there is not. And are the born again "IN CHRIST"?
Are the born again = "The righteousness of God, IN CHRIST"?
YES THEY ARE !
If you had any sin, could you be a part of God's family RIGHT NOW?
NOPE.

This is true as long as you don't mean some mystical cover up of the sins we keep committing. That is not being born again. A born again Christian doesn't commit sin. They have no desire to commit sin because sin has been taken out of their nature.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is true as long as you don't mean some mystical cover up of the sins we keep committing. That is not being born again. A born again Christian doesn't commit sin. They have no desire to commit sin because sin has been taken out of their nature.
Doesn't matter whether I desire to commit sin or not. If I have an imperfect attitude, that is sin. If I have a momentary impure thought that's sin. This idea that we don't commit sin once we are saved is just wrong on so many levels. I thought the OP was saying that those sins are not counted as sins against us if we are truly born again, because we have the righteousness of Christ applied to our account, which I agree with. I still think a person should confess known sin, because it keeps his or her relationship with God honest and open.

Reactions: friend of

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't matter whether I desire to commit sin or not. If I have an imperfect attitude, that is sin. If I have a momentary impure thought that's sin. This idea that we don't commit sin once we are saved is just wrong on so many levels. I thought the OP was saying that those sins are not counted as sins against us if we are truly born again, because we have the righteousness of Christ applied to our account, which I agree with. I still think a person should confess known sin, because it keeps his or her relationship with God honest and open.

I'm talking about known sin. Willful sins of lawlessness like adultery and fornication. Unless a Christian doesn't KNOW those are sins, Philippians 3:15-16, then they won't commit them.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about known sin. Willful sins of lawlessness like adultery and fornication. Unless a Christian doesn't KNOW those are sins, Philippians 3:15-16, then they won't commit them.
Sooo... adultery is a known sin, but so is temporary lust. Does one lose your salvation but not the other?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you are correct.
There is no sin in Christ, and we are in Christ.
Most believers are trying to keep themselves saved because they do not understand the blood atonement.
So, they live a failed christianity, and instructed to do so, by ministers who should not be in the Pulpit, and by teachers who have no understanding regarding the fact that Salvation isn't something we do, its something that Christ did that we receive.

I see your proposition. You are suggesting the struggles of life centre on a wrong understanding of Jesus. With the right view everything will be perfect.

I admire this proposition except it ignores our emotional reality and needs. Until Jesus enters the heart and change is allowed to take place nothing happens.

Repentance is the beginning of this reality. But it is a narrow path, and we have to walk it. God bless you

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
well, you gotta admit He apparently got a lot better looking since He was not comely in appearance or whatever the v is :)

The NT says that before Christ carried the cross to Golgotha, He was "marred beyond recognition"
This means they beat the Savior's face until you could not recognize Him.. as well as tore the flesh off him with that whipping device.
That was BEFORE He carried the Cross and before He was nailed to the Tree.
So, after He rose again, He looked better, sure. This is why His disciples recognized Him when He first appeared to them..
This is why Thomas recognized Jesus and said..."my Lord and my GOD".
-
Isn't this a beautiful painting.. And yes, we are all aware the Angels don't have wings.
-upload_2020-6-2_8-4-19.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-2_8-4-19.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-2_8-4-19.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 0

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Repentance is the beginning of this reality. But it is a narrow path, and we have to walk it. God bless you

If you actually "saw" my position, you would realize that everything you are saying , is related to the fact of being born again.
Also, if you are repenting and confessing after you are saved, then you have no understanding of your Salvation, and that is why you are stuck in a Failed Christianity.
And we dont walk in a narrow path......We are already IN The Narrow way........as Jesus is THE WAY, and we are IN CHRIST. John 14:6
This is the result of being BORN AGAIN.
Discipleship follows salvation, but its not our salvation. Its what we do because WE ARE ALREADY Saved.

Reactions: marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
id post a language warning for that one, but sheesh...
The NT says that before Christ carried the cross to Golgotha, He was "marred beyond recognition"
ah well it is also written that He was nothing to look at beforehand? I just dont recall the relevant phrase for search
This means that

That was this

This is why Thomas

That is why His
ok, ty

you fam with Snoop Dogg? :D

Angels dont have wings? What?

anyway ntmy, and i wish you the best of luck in your quest sir

Last edited:

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you actually "saw" my position, you would realize that everything you are saying , is related to the fact of being born again.
Also, if you are repenting and confessing after you are saved, then you have no understanding of your Salvation, and that is why you are stuck in a Failed Christianity.
And we dont walk in a narrow path......We are already IN The Narrow way........as Jesus is THE WAY, and we are IN CHRIST. John 14:6
This is the result of being BORN AGAIN.
Discipleship follows salvation, but its not our salvation. Its what we do because WE ARE ALREADY Saved.

There are versions of your position held by others. It seems you believe we are made perfect on coming to faith and no longer have any issues with sin. This is not a question of understanding but actual life reality.

I celebrate that you can walk perfectly, amen, but that is not the experience of 99% of believers, and not even Paul.
So it suggests maybe you are going too far. God bless you

Reactions: bbyrd009

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This means they beat the Savior's face until you could not recognize Him.. as well as tore the flesh off him with that whipping device.
That was BEFORE He carried the Cross and before He was nailed to the Tree.
So, after He rose again, He looked better, sure. This is why His disciples recognized Him when He first appeared to them..
This is why Thomas recognized Jesus and said..."my Lord and my GOD".
-
Isn't this a beautiful painting.. And yes, we are all aware the Angels don't have wings.
What is the role of the painting?

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
Matt 4:11

I do not think this painting represents angels attending to Jesus.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
1 John 2:1-2

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous; 2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
1 John 2:1-2
funny word, "propitiation," innit?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
there now see how easy it is to become perfectly self-justified? All ya gotta do is say "im a born again Christian" right

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the role of the painting?

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
Matt 4:11

I do not think this painting represents angels attending to Jesus.
Why are we arguing about paintings? Is art evil now or something?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why are we arguing about paintings? Is art evil now or something?
I am not arguing about painting, I am asking a question.
I do have a problem of sentimentality of art as if art can capture the experience of God in the soul of man.
The difficulty is art is a static image while our relationship with God is alive and changing.

The Lord instituted very few carvings and images, and Israel tended to create idols and worship them like the bronze snake used by Moses.
Equally the Lord bans worshipping such images, which certain traditions have ignored.

The idea is the Lord dwells in His people seems a far cry from God is present in these massive ornate cathedrals, paid for by very wealthy individuals, ruled over by important bishops, and which often hold special importance to rulers of the past. One might forget the creator came and lived with normal people and asked them to follow Him, and the church was against the rich and their exploitation of the poor.

So to me the whole idea speaks of something other than God and His ways. But that is just my take on it, God bless you