Who Do I Confess My Sins To?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your ignorance is astounding.
Time for another Bible lesson . . .

You keep talking about Christ as if He never established a Church - and this is your folly.
- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
- Jesus guaranteed that the Holy Spirit would guide His Church to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5):

In Acts 9:4-5, Jesus equates his Body – the Church - with His very SELF:
He (Saul) fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting ME?" He said, "Who are you, sir?" The reply came, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting.

Notice that Jesus DOESN’T say, "Why are you persecuting the Church?” (which is EXACTLY what Paul was doing).
Jesus chose to equate the church with himself.

I've already shown you documented proof that the Catholic Church goes ALL the way back to the Apostles by quoting FIRST century Bishop Ignatius of Antioch, who was a student of the Apostle John.
Protestantism didn't rear its head until 15 centuries later - and YOUR online paramilitary cult, "aggressivechristianity.net" didn't see its origins until 1980.

YOUR attempt to separate Christ from His Body is a perversion.
As I have told you MANY timers now: It's not Christ OR the Church. they are INSEPARABLE.
Is that all you can do, defend the harlot,

Christs church began at Pentecost, this part

Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

We must be smarter than you, since you keep calling us Einstein..

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that all you can do, defend the harlot,
Christs church began at Pentecost, this part
Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
We must be smarter than you, since you keep calling us Einstein..
Ummmmm, I never said that the Catholic Church DIDN'T start at Pentecost. It did - and I even gave you documented proof that it goes back to the Apostles.

I simply stated that YOU haven't been able to show me that YOUR paramilitary cult is any older than 40 years-old.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi mjrhealth,
Are you associated with or a member of or adhere to or do you like what they teach at aggressivechristianity.net????

Curious Mary
@mjrhealth used to refer me to anti-Catholic articles from this group (aggressivechristianity.net) whenever I asked him to give me proof for his asinine charges.

When I did some research on them and exposed this group as a paramilitary cult and began to post images and news stories about them - @mjrhealth quickly stopped mentioning them but never admitted to having stopped being a supporter/member of this cult.

After that - several of the anti-Catholics on this site refused to tell me which religious sect or tradition that they were affiliated with. But they never stopped attacking the Catholic Church.
I guess they have something to hide . . .

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cornered again teeth bared, will you never be not offended by the truth, is this all you have when you have nothing, says much about what you know.

But a I said before, His church is not a Harlot, and yours is the mother of them all, if you dont like it, than you have the option top leave and Join His, your choosing, but as Jesus put it

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mat 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
Mat 15:13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.
Mat 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
As usual - you post the wrong Scripture verses in your failed attempts to attack Christ's Church.
Matt. 15:7-14 is about the JEWISH leaders - not the Catholic Church.

I realize that my reference to your paramilitary cult makes you upset - but it shouldn't cause you to further pervert the Word of God . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As usual - you post the wrong Scripture verses in your failed attempts to attack Christ's Church.
Matt. 15:7-14 is about the JEWISH leaders - not the Catholic Church.

I realize that my reference to your paramilitary cult makes you upset - but it shouldn't cause you to further pervert the Word of God . . .
Oh so without any wisdom.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth used to refer me to anti-Catholic articles from this group (aggressivechristianity.net) whenever I asked him to give me proof for his asinine charges.

When I did some research on them and exposed this group as a paramilitary cult and began to post images and news stories about them - @mjrhealth quickly stopped mentioning them but never admitted to having stopped being a supporter/member of this cult.

After that - several of the anti-Catholics on this site refused to tell me which religious sect or tradition that they were affiliated with. But they never stopped attacking the Catholic Church.
I guess they have something to hide . . .
Sp BOL has nothing to say so throws dirt around trying to hide his ignorance,

Still offended BOL, if you left your religion you might discover the truth than you wont be so offended.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ummmmm, I never said that the Catholic Church DIDN'T start at Pentecost. It did - and I even gave you documented proof that it goes back to the Apostles.

I simply stated that YOU haven't been able to show me that YOUR paramilitary cult is any older than 40 years-old.
Doesnt matter when your church started has no bearing on wheter or not it is His, and it is Not.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

Have fun

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesnt matter when your church started has no bearing on wheter or not it is His, and it is Not.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
Have fun
From FIRST century Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch - student of the Apostle John:

Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Funny - I don't see ONE mention of YOUR paramilitary cult or ANY Protestant sect.
I wonder why that is??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sp BOL has nothing to say so throws dirt around trying to hide his ignorance,

Still offended BOL, if you left your religion you might discover the truth than you wont be so offended.

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Just pointing out the sequence of events that took place here on this forum . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From FIRST century Bishop, Ignatius of Antioch - student of the Apostle John:

Ignatius of Antioch

Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Funny - I don't see ONE mention of YOUR paramilitary cult or ANY Protestant sect.
I wonder why that is??
The catholic church justifying the cathplic church.

Lets make it simple for you since you are hard of understanding.

Mike Waters

Jan 8, 2020
Holt
slideshowart2.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@mjrheath
David, we have known each other via forums for decades and I hope you will not be offended if I counsel you to get out of this thread for 'Christ's sake' (and I use the term advisedly).
Clearly BOL is deeply offended by your reference to the 'Mother of Harlots'; as are you by BOL's counter insinuation that you belong to AggresiveChristianity.net.
Catholics post 'against the odds' in any forum where the majority of members are Protestants and understandably become ultra defensive in consequence.
Protestants (knowing that Catholicism's claim to being the one and only true Church of Christ infers that they are not members of Christ's Church) likewise have to respond defensively.
It is difficult, when the two engage in 'combat', for defense not to become aggression and, since the two are have proved for centuries to be no more missable than oil and water, why or earth waste time trying to achieve resolution.
The term 'Mother of Harlots' has been applied by Sabbatarians to all Sunday worshippers, as well as by Protestants to Catholics.
But whatever the case, the term goes hand in hand with "depart from amongst them" and, if that is what you believe, then I counsel you to do so in respect of this (and similar) threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjrhealth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholic church justifying the cathplic church.
Lets make it simple for you since you are hard of understanding.

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).
- Jesus promised His
Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- The
Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The
Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very
SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

NOT that difficult to understand . . .

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible lesson in false teaching? Hypocrisy Jesus warns sternly against ?

i.e. the false church vs the truth, using the altered truth, as the devil did, in the garden, to get Chavah(Eve) to sin.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus. The I AM. God. UNcreated, Eternal, Forever past, Forever Future.

All things created through Him, and nothing created without Him.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bible lesson in false teaching? Hypocrisy Jesus warns sternly against ?

i.e. the false church vs the truth, using the altered truth, as the devil did, in the garden, to get Chavah(Eve) to sin.
BOL has scripture to backup his claims
You have nothing but your opinions.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you mean and understand that he and you have tradition-explained-Scripture, and you and he(he is a man, right? or a group? ) (and you?) ..... i.e. you're not allowed nor permitted to deviate from what your heirarchy tells you ?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

- Jesus promised His
Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).
- The
Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
- The
Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).
- Jesus identifies His very
SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

NOT that difficult to understand . . .

If you church is the truth I would hate to think of what a lie looks like, Should I repeat it again.

I am the way the truth and the life says teh Lord, No man shall come to the father except by me.

What BOL are you missing.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
BOL has nothing.

What is that scripture about " you think you have everything , but you are blind foolish and have nothing"

All BOL has done is put people in prison, bondage.

ourforgiveness-com

Apr 22, 2020
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What saith the scripture?

1 John 1:9
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
*** God is faithful to cleans us from our iniquities.

In Matthew 6:12 we learn that our Lord Jesus taught his disciples to pray and say: “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” In saying this, we acknowledge that God is who forgives our sins.

But sometimes we sin against one another, Peter asked “... and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?” “Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.” What Jesus was telling Peter was that he should forgive as many times as it takes. So we know that we should forgive the offended person, and not confess, nor seek forgiveness through a third person, such as the Catholics tend to do. Our Lord gave a great illustration about this in Matthew 5:23-24: “Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.” What Jesus was teaching is that we ought to reconcile with your brother that has an issue against you, and not necessarily you against him. This teaches what love and forgiveness is, or as Ephesians 4:32 says: “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.” Now, some have taken James 5:16 out of context; “Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” We are to seek help/counsel within the church of Christ by sharing our concerns, faults, errors, weaknesses, but not to confess them with the intent to seek forgiveness; the word here is faults, not sins. And if you continue to read the verse out, you will understand that the message is that we should pray for the brother who is troubled by faults. Sins done in secret or indirectly that cannot be rectify, meaning, you can't locate the person that you sinned against, should be confessed to God, that you may be forgiven, not to a man.

-May the Love of God, and grace of our Lord, and the communion of the Holy Ghost be with you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Whose truth do we post?

Is it really from God?

Or is it ours?