Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when you knell by your bed to pray are you committing idolatry?

no adoration!
No offering of sacrifice!
No worship!
No idolatry!
My bed it not an idol. I don't worship my bed. I pray to the Father in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ. Surely you can tell the difference.

You cannot kneel before a statue of a dead saint or Mary. God, not I, calls that idolatry. Exodus 20:5.

Reactions: Brakelite

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the body language that determines whether you are worshiping or just remembering. You cannot kneel before a statue of Mary, even in remembrance. Nor can you use your rosary.
It is defiantly bad optics to kneel in front of a statue. One has to prove what is in the heart of the person kneeling. Scripture makes it clear they knelt in prayer (Acts 20:36, Acts 21:5, Luke 22:41). IMO....the physical action of kneeling in front of a statue does not PROVE the person is praying to the statue. It is only evidence they may be praying.....Just like the 1st century Christians did.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the body language that determines whether you are worshiping or just remembering. You cannot kneel before a statue of Mary, even in remembrance. Nor can you use your rosary.
As far as the rosary goes I don’t say it myself however I see no problem ‘remembering’ the woman chosen by God to be the mother of his son by repeating words from the Bible....which is what most of the Hail Mary prayer is. I suspect that Jesus appreciates those that say the rosary by honoring, respecting and remembering His mother.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As far as the rosary goes I don’t say it myself however I see no problem ‘remembering’ the woman chosen by God to be the mother of his son by repeating words from the Bible....which is what most of the Hail Mary prayer is. I suspect that Jesus appreciates those that say the rosary by honoring, respecting and remembering His mother.
So scenes such as the following are nothing to be concerned about... Just plain simple old... Idolatry. images (25).jpeg images (24).jpeg images (23).jpeg images (22).jpeg

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need a priest?
Can’t be saved without a priest
A priest is the ordinary minister of baptism
Yes you do.

You cannot be a priest unless you let one of the royal priesthood baptize you per Acts 2:38.

We Acts 2:38 adherer's, are priests unto a lost world that has not obeyed Acts 2:38.

We lead them to their high priest via Acts 2:38....

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter walked on water, so did Christ, prior to any resurrection. Enoch was translated into heaven, as was Elijah (vanished into thin air).
Christ did not change his appearance, but Cleopas' mind was closed, as was Mary Magdalene's at the tomb.
But, quit your contradictions - if he ate fish, then he cannot walk through solid matter, both experiences cannot be produced by the same medium. In other words Christ adopted to the circumstance, but the circumstance does denote the body that he had. Again, the temporal does not inherit the eternal. Christ does not have flesh, and if he did, there is absolutely no efficacy or edification in eating from it.
Which part of cannibalism do you not understand????
WHY do you keep trying to put limits on God?
Why do you use words like "CANNOT" when it comes to the Almighty??

Your lack of faith is pathetic.
With God - ALL things are possible (Matt. 19:26).

As for your charge of "cannibalism" - this is yet another moronic accusation. We don't eat tissue and muscle and skin.
Christ gave us His flesh in a SACRAMENTAL way - through the accidents of bread and wine. - just as God's priest Melchisedek offered bread and wine (Gen. 14-18). THIS is why the writer of Hebrews compares Jesus to Melchisedek (Heb. 7:11-28).

STUDY your Bible.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I am rubbing Acts 2:38 in your face until you can smell it, taste it and eventually see it.
The buck stops at whether you obeyed Acts 2:38 or not.
If you obeyed Acts 2:38 correctly, you may continue to read and apply the following portions of your Bible to your life.
If you cannot pass Acts 2:38 and you are stuck before it, then you are stuck in the O.T.
So, you can only go back to Matt 1 and read the gospels over and over again for the rest of your life until you obey Acts 2:38.
Think of it as a board game and you cannot pass go, but keep getting sent back to "start".
In other words - you CANT tell me why both Peter and Paul Baptuzed entire households (adults & children) based on the faith of the leaders of those households.

Once again - ALL you do is isolate a single verse of Scripture (Acts 2:38) as if it were the ONLY thing authored by the Holy Spirit.
You foolishly reject ALL of the other teachings in Scripture and cling to one verse.
Good luck with that . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOU can kiss everything goodbye if you keep isolating Acts 2:38 as if it were the ONLY thing required oif you . . .
Rather, Acts 2:38 is the foundation that the RCC has systematically removed.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words - you CANT tell me why both Peter and Paul Baptuzed entire households (adults & children) based on the faith of the leaders of those households.

Once again - ALL you do is isolate a single verse of Scripture (Acts 2:38) as if it were the ONLY thing authored by the Holy Spirit.
You foolishly reject ALL of the other teachings in Scripture and cling to one verse.
Good luck with that . . .
Of course they baptized repented children that consented.

My children are consenting adults too.

They were willingly baptized per Acts 2:38 in their youth.

The RCC teaches that "children" are only considered newborn infants?

At what age do they grow out of being our children per the RCC...after they can reason with us?

Did my RCC catechism class make me a non child(ren) at 8 years old?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the RCC is pro life....

Shouldn't they baptized the mothers with babies in their womb, since it does not matter if it repents or can reason?

They could kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and eliminate the negative, miserable and unwilling, bawling baby effect.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you do.

You cannot be a priest unless you let one of the royal priesthood baptize you per Acts 2:38.

We Acts 2:38 adherer's, are priests unto a lost world that has not obeyed Acts 2:38.

We lead them to their high priest via Acts 2:38....

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
Yes but the priesthood of Christ is that a melkezadek not the royal

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
OK....I will throw out the rest of Scripture and only adhere to Actso_O....Thank You

And....once again...show me where i have written or The Church teaches that one doesn’t have to believe before they are baptized. I never said it and The Church doesn’t teach is so your allegation is false.

Your religious organization's bible, teaches in John 3 that you are "born again of/by water".
This is the water cult theology of baptismal regeneration.
You can deny it, but your Pope does not.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Here is what scripture says: eight souls, were saved through water.

Was the dying thief on the Cross saved by water?
So, you forgot that one..

Listen, God didn't come here and die on a Cross, shedding His blood..... so that water can save you.

Believe it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You failed!!! Looks like I’m not joining your cult.

The blood atonement is not a "cult".
"the gift of righteousness" is not a "cult".

Jesus said to you, that you "must be born again"< and water can't provide that for you.
There is no redemption found in getting wet.

Sin and the fallen nature are inside you, and God's Holy Spirit and the blood of Jesus, NOT WATER....has to deal with what is inside you, which is a Spiritual issue, Marymog.
Water can't resolve that for you.
Water can't help you with that situation.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your religious organization's bible, teaches in John 3 that you are "born again of/by water".
This is the water cult theology of baptismal regeneration.
You can deny it, but your Pope does not.
Nor does Jesus Christ Matt 16:16
Matt 28:19
but it’s not a cult only the initiation into the new and eternal covenant of salvation!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nor does Jesus Christ Matt 16:16
Matt 28:19
but it’s not a cult only the initiation into the new and eternal covenant of salvation!

Did you know that there is more to the NT then the 4 Gospels?
Really.
Im not kidding.
For example there is the REST OF IT.
And Paul wrote most of the REST...

So, If you will actually read the rest of the NT, excluding The Revelation, then you will discover that the same Jesus who said "go into all the world".......later, chose PAUL to be the "apostle to the gentiles" in the "time of the Gentiles', and this Apostle brought us fresh REVELATION that Christ gave to Him.
Including this.....>"my Gospel".

'"" MY GOSPEL"...

See that? That is Paul describing what JESUS gave HIM, to give to YOU.

You need to find out what that is, and obey it, instead of contradicting it.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Veneration is not idolatry

the Bible says give honor where honor is due and Mary is the mother of our salvation!
Mary was blessed and highly favored. But was it because of anything she did?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me where i said that water baptism "has to be public".
I never said this..
So, ether learn to read more carefully, or next time try to be honest.
You decide that one.
Post 2025 from you in regards to water baptism: viewed as a public confession, which it is...

Sooooo you didn’t say it???