Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that there is more to the NT then the 4 Gospels?
Really.
Im not kidding.
For example there is the REST OF IT.
And Paul wrote most of the REST...

So, If you will actually read the rest of the NT, excluding The Revelation, then you will discover that the same Jesus who said "go into all the world".......later, chose PAUL to be the "apostle to the gentiles" in the "time of the Gentiles', and this Apostle brought us fresh REVELATION that Christ gave to Him.
Including this.....>"my Gospel".

'"" MY GOSPEL"...

See that? That is Paul describing what JESUS gave HIM, to give to YOU.

You need to find out what that is, and obey it, instead of contradicting it.
No there is only one revelation
One truth
One gospel
Lk 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
(all people) one savior one salvation

Jn 3:16 world all universal

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was the dying thief on the Cross saved by water?
So, you forgot that one..

Listen, God didn't come here and die on a Cross, shedding His blood..... so that water can save you.

Believe it.
You said they (eight in all) were not saved by water. I proved you wrong by quoting Scripture. You were wrong but you can’t admit it and now want to change the subject. That’s fine. Let’s NOW talk about the thief on the cross

1st off Scripture does not say if the thief on the cross was baptized or not. Scripture also never says if the Apostles were baptized.....Does that mean they were only saved by faith??

2nd off The thief knew Jesus had done nothing wrong, that Jesus was Lord, and that Jesus was going to his kingdom after he died. Since he already knew all these things about Jesus it indicates that he had been catechized at some point in his life. If he had already been catechized there is a possibility he had already been baptized.

3rd off even if the good thief had never been baptized, the analogy between his life and most other people’s is insufficient to support sola fide. The thief lived and died under the Old Covenant. The sacraments, such as Christian baptism, are part of the New Covenant, which was not fully in place until Jesus died (Heb. 9:15-18, Acts 19:1-6).

Bible Study Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your religious organization's bible, teaches in John 3 that you are "born again of/by water".
This is the water cult theology of baptismal regeneration.
You can deny it, but your Pope does not.
Dear behold,

Yup, The Church, for 2,000 years, has taught that we are born again by water. We believe what Jesus said in all of John 3 and to your Finer point in John 3:5. Why doesn’t your cult teach John 3:5?

Yup, The Church has taught baptismal regeneration for 2,000 years. What religious organization taught you opposite of Scripture?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood atonement is not a "cult".
"the gift of righteousness" is not a "cult".

Jesus said to you, that you "must be born again"< and water can't provide that for you.
There is no redemption found in getting wet.

Sin and the fallen nature are inside you, and God's Holy Spirit and the blood of Jesus, NOT WATER....has to deal with what is inside you, which is a Spiritual issue, Marymog.
Water can't resolve that for you.
Water can't help you with that situation.
I didn’t say that the blood atonement or gift of righteousness is a cult......o_O

Jesus didn’t JUST say you must be Born again. You should read all of scripture instead of the parts that fit the teaching of your cult. He clarified after he was questioned by Nicodemous that you must be born again of water and spirit. So one can get redemption after getting wet. Water makes you wet.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Mary was blessed and highly favored. But was it because of anything she did?

She agreed to do it.
"according to thy word, let it be so"..

Does this make her the "Queen of Heaven", Co-Equal to Jesus, helping Him save souls on earth?
No.

It makes her "all generations shall call me blessed".., and that is certainly true.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Post 2025 from you in regards to water baptism: viewed as a public confession, which it is...

Sooooo you didn’t say it???

It is a public confession.
Are you doing it by yourself?
Did you water baptize yourself Marymog, ?
How many people were there when you were sprinkled and confirmed in public?
Your family, workers, the Priest, and who else?
Right.

So, stop trying to just be annoying, and make an effort to be honest.
If you dont want to learn, then, dont learn.
Just sit there with your candles, and your beads and your little statues of Mary and pretend you have it all figured out.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No there is only one revelation
One truth
One gospel

The entire bible is one long never ending continuing revelation.
The NT is a revelation.
The Book of The Revelation is a Revelation.....quite a few.

And there is truth,, and then there is THE Truth., who is Jesus. John 14:6
There is THE Gospel, which is Paul's Gospel, and that is not Acts 2:38, and Paul's Gospel, which is known as "The Gospel of the Grace of God", that Paul calls "My Gospel" has nothing to do with water.

Try to understand this.....

Water did not come down from Heaven.
Water was not virgin born.
Water did not live a sinless life.
Water did not die on a Cross shedding blood.
Water did not come back to life and walk out of a tomb.
Water did not ascend back to heaven.
Water is not currently making intercession for the Born Again.
Water is not the Holy Spirit.
Water is not the gift of God.
Water is not the Grace of God
Water is not the Blood of Jesus
Water is not able to forgive sin.

Water is water, and nothing more.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
no but what God did thru her Lk 1:49
Mother of our salvation

Reader,

Shes not the mother of anyone's salvation.
She was not a "perpetual virgin". She didnt "ascend" into heaven, and she's not the "Queen of Heaven".

She was Christ's mother, and wife to Jospeh.
They had more children.
She was a sinner, who trusted in Christ, same as anyone else who ends up in Heaven.
You are not to pray to mary, and you are not to worship mary, and you are certainly not to follow worshipers of Mary, and never listen to one of them deny it, as they will deny it, knowing they do it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You said they (eight in all) were not saved by water.

No, you only proved that you believe what your religious organization believes and teaches, which is.... that the water, the JUDGMENT FLOOD, that is killing a world full of sexual perverts.. is the ARK that is saving Noah and his family.

That's terrible theology, and what makes it worse is that its a lie.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nicodemous that you must be born again of water and spirit. .

I'll give you the same Anatomy & Physiology lesson that Christ gave Nicodemus.
Share this with your Pontiff.

Marymog, if you get pregnant, then in about 9 months you will deliver.
And that baby is in WATER. He or she, will be born by water.....through that water., when that "water breaks".
See that birth? Thats by water, right out of you.
Thats Birth #1.
See it? THats= born of water.

But, that wont get you into heaven, as that birth is the 1st one, by water.

So, you must be BORN AGAIN.....a different way........because this next one is not natural childbirth by water...but rather, its a Spiritual birth that creates a NEW CREATION, and is caused by the Holy Spirit.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She agreed to do it.
"according to thy word, let it be so"..

Does this make her the "Queen of Heaven", Co-Equal to Jesus, helping Him save souls on earth?
No.

It makes her "all generations shall call me blessed".., and that is certainly true.

She agreed to do it? I don't remember the Angel asking her if it was ok with her. I just see the angel saying it was going to happen. Yea... She went along and was happy with it. But I don't see where she was asked if it was ok by her.

Yeah, she was blessed. And all generations realize it. But she didn't do anything to deserve it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
She agreed to do it? I don't remember the Angel asking her if it was ok with her. I just see the angel saying it was going to happen. Yea... She went along and was happy with it. But I don't see where she was asked if it was ok by her.

Yeah, she was blessed. And all generations realize it. But she didn't do anything to deserve it.

Mary said...>>"be in unto me as you said".

Contrast that with Elizabeth's Husband, Zachariah, who wanted proof that he was going to have a son in his old age.. after the Angel told him it would happen.
He spoke doubt, almost sarcastically.
So, he resisted and lost his voice until the baby was born.

Mary didnt resist, she said....>"be it done to me according to thy word"..

That is full compliance.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather, Acts 2:38 is the foundation that the RCC has systematically removed.
Nope - we simply take ALL of Scripture in its proper CONTEXT.

You ignore the context of Scripture and that's why you have invented so many false doctrines . . .

Of course they baptized repented children that consented.
My children are consenting adults too.
They were willingly baptized per Acts 2:38 in their youth.
The RCC teaches that "children" are only considered newborn infants?
At what age do they grow out of being our children per the RCC...after they can reason with us?
Did my RCC catechism class make me a non child(ren) at 8 years old?
WRONG.

The passages says that they Baptized ENTIRE households - not select members of the "age of consent" from each household.
This and the fact that the Apostles TAUGHT Infant Baptism to their successors is why we have the writings of the Early Church who say that THEY learned it from the Apostles . . .
Irenaeus

He [Jesus] came to save all through himself – all, I say, who through him are reborn in God; INFANTS, and children, and youths, and old men. Therefore he passed through every age, becoming an INFANT for INFANTS, sanctifying INFANTS; a child for children, sanctifying those who are of that age . . . [so that] he might be the perfect teacher in all things, perfect not only in respect to the setting forth of truth, perfect also in respect to relative age (Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus
Baptize first the children, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D.215]).

Origen
THE CHURCH RECEIVED FROM THE APOSTLES the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The APOSTLES, to whom were committed the secrets of divine sacraments, knew there is in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Cyprian
As to what pertains to the case of INFANTS: You [Fidus] said that they ought not to be baptized within the second or third day after their birth, that the old law of circumcision must be taken into consideration, and that you did not think that one should be baptized and sanctified within the eighth day after his birth. In our council it seemed to us far otherwise. No one agreed to the course which you thought should be taken. Rather, we all judge that the mercy and grace of God ought to be denied to no man born" (Letters 64:2 [A.D. 253]).

Augustine
It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that INFANT is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. For it is not written, "Unless a man be born again by the will of his parents" or "by the faith of those presenting him or ministering to him," but, "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit." The water, therefore, manifesting exteriorly the sacrament of grace, and the Spirit effecting interiorly the benefit of grace, both regenerate in one Christ that man who was generated in Adam (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nope - we simply take ALL of Scripture in its proper CONTEXT.

You ignore the context of Scripture and that's why you have invented so many false doctrines . . .WRONG.

The passages says that they Baptized ENTIRE households -

Yes, once entire households have believed and been born again, then they should be water baptized following their conversion.

That's true.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the RCC is pro life....

Shouldn't they baptized the mothers with babies in their womb, since it does not matter if it repents or can reason?

They could kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and eliminate the negative, miserable and unwilling, bawling baby effect.
Thank you for yet another perfect example of asinine logic.

It is precisely BECAUSE we are Pro Life that we Baptize BOTH the mother AND the baby. They are two completely distinct individuals.
If YOU were Pro Life - you would have known this, Einstein . . .