Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
John the Baptist's message??
They were commissioned by Jesus Christ, who is GOD to Baptize ALL nations (Matt. 28:19-20).
And how do YOU know the Apostles weren't water Baptized yet?

Breadoflife eventually says....."show me a verse where Peter was baptized in water".

There isn't one. = Your reality Check.

Also, this lie that you believe........>"3000 were added to the church in Acts 2, based on water baptism".

Well, what about all who were with Peter, who were speaking in Tongues , and were not water baptized yet?

Jesus told them to go to Jerusalem and WAIT.
He didnt tell them to get water baptized while they were waiting.

Ah..
Now, go and work on those 2 for a while.
Think on them.

Here is a clever idea you might try...... You can say...>"well, it does not say that Peter was not baptized in water before he began preaching"?

Sure you can try that one.
Add that one to whatever nonsense you made up about why the Dying Thief on the Cross was not water baptized.

See, that the thing about water cult theology.
Its so "fluid" regarding its lies.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are a confusing person.....

Hon, im not confused.
I dont belong to a confused theology or a cult that teaches one.

You have a few religious obsessions, and i dont share them.

1. Mary
2. Water
3. The Sacraments

I will never be found on a Forum, or in a Pulpit, or anywhere, trying to prove that water is salvation, or that Mary is the Queen of Heaven, or that Priest's have mystical power to change a cookie and juice into the living Jesus that im to swallow.

Sorry no.
I have better things to do with my Christianity.
And so should you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Oh goodness.....run man RUN from whomever taught you that.

Thank you for your time!!!

Look again.

Peter and those in the upper room... (ive been there, ive been in the upper room)........these all began to speak in the Gift of Tongues, and then Peter preached.
Notice, Marymog, that none of them were water baptized, first., yet they were ALL BORN AGAIN.

See that?

If you can see this, then there is hope you can find even more truth that can help you escape.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are such a dishonest person that I can't go on with you. I am going to correct you one more time and then I'm done with you. You should read all of the bible instead of the vs's that fit your theories:

Listen..

My water baptism occured 11 yrs after i was born again.
It was in public, in a church..in front of people...just like yours. (unless you were sprinkled). ??
Thats "public confession" Marymog, no matter what. so stop arguing against reality.

Go here Marymog.

Discerning : The Water Cults

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hon, im not confused.
I dont belong to a confused theology or a cult that teaches one.

You have a few religious obsessions, and i dont share them.

1. Mary
2. Water
3. The Sacraments

I will never be found on a Forum, or in a Pulpit, or anywhere, trying to prove that water is salvation, or that Mary is the Queen of Heaven, or that Priest's have mystical power to change a cookie and juice into the living Jesus that im to swallow.

Sorry no.
I have better things to do with my Christianity.
And so should you.

there’s not 2 Christianity’s eph 4:5

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope - we simply take ALL of Scripture in its proper CONTEXT.

You ignore the context of Scripture and that's why you have invented so many false doctrines . . .

WRONG.

The passages says that they Baptized ENTIRE households - not select members of the "age of consent" from each household.
This and the fact that the Apostles TAUGHT Infant Baptism to their successors is why we have the writings of the Early Church who say that THEY learned it from the Apostles . . .
Irenaeus

He [Jesus] came to save all through himself – all, I say, who through him are reborn in God; INFANTS, and children, and youths, and old men. Therefore he passed through every age, becoming an INFANT for INFANTS, sanctifying INFANTS; a child for children, sanctifying those who are of that age . . . [so that] he might be the perfect teacher in all things, perfect not only in respect to the setting forth of truth, perfect also in respect to relative age (Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus
Baptize first the children, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D.215]).

Origen
THE CHURCH RECEIVED FROM THE APOSTLES the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The APOSTLES, to whom were committed the secrets of divine sacraments, knew there is in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Cyprian
As to what pertains to the case of INFANTS: You [Fidus] said that they ought not to be baptized within the second or third day after their birth, that the old law of circumcision must be taken into consideration, and that you did not think that one should be baptized and sanctified within the eighth day after his birth. In our council it seemed to us far otherwise. No one agreed to the course which you thought should be taken. Rather, we all judge that the mercy and grace of God ought to be denied to no man born" (Letters 64:2 [A.D. 253]).

Augustine
It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that INFANT is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. For it is not written, "Unless a man be born again by the will of his parents" or "by the faith of those presenting him or ministering to him," but, "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit." The water, therefore, manifesting exteriorly the sacrament of grace, and the Spirit effecting interiorly the benefit of grace, both regenerate in one Christ that man who was generated in Adam (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).
Egad.

Horrible(your post above), post Apostolic commentary from your celebrity RCC founders that Paul warned the saints of....

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for yet another perfect example of asinine logic.

It is precisely BECAUSE we are Pro Life that we Baptize BOTH the mother AND the baby. They are two completely distinct individuals.
If YOU were Pro Life - you would have known this, Einstein . . .
So, since the baby is inside the mother, the baby is automatically baptized with the mother's baptism for the remission of their sins?, or, does God want you to at least wait until it is barely born to teach it Acts 2:38?

Also, do you make disciples of all nations of infants, baptizing them?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of COURSE Baptism comes after belief - for ADULTS. The SAME was true for circumcision for those converting to Judaism.
You're not gong to read about a baby demanding Baptism without first believing.

As I pointed out to your fellow Baptism-denier, @Truther in post #2101 - the Early Church writings are replete with testimonies about the Apostles handing down this Tradition to them.

Finally - I've addressed your concerns about the Thief on the cross - ad nauseam.
He was an exception. YOUR problem is that you build your false doctrines on the exception instead of the norm . . .
Truther is not a baptism denier, but a baptism insister.

Truther just teaches that baptism is for consenting individual, not resisting newborns.

The RCC teaches the unrepented and unwilling receive remission of sins, no matter how hard they cry or cannot understand.

RCC brethren do not know or remember when they were "saved".

Most cannot remember anything prior to 4 years old for that matter.

They must asked their parents, who tell them they were "bawling and kicking" as the man in the robe doused them with dirty, cold water.

Poor kids. Life's unfair right out of the womb.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is "Christ in YOU, THE Hope of Glory"

Christianity is CHRIST CAUSED and GOD GIVEN.

Our part?
RECEIVE THE GIFT.
That's God's part.

Our part is to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins.

God does not repent or get baptized for the...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
pauls gospel is not the gospel of faith alone! That’s luthers reflectionism

Paul never taught faith alone

You forgot this part.

Paul said.. "Christ sent me not to baptize".

Why did he say that?
Because its true.
Christ sent Paul to teach the doctrine of "Justification by Faith", or...>"Abraham BELIEVED GOD, and it was counted to him as RIGHTEOUSNESS".

See that?
Thats The Gospel.
No water needed, no water accepted.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That's God's part.

Our part is to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins.
God does not repent or get baptized for the...

Do you know how many water baptized people went to hell today, and later today?
Thousands.
Why?
Because Jesus said....>"Depart from me, i never knew you".

And why does He not know all these water baptized religious people?
Because they were not born again, they were just water baptized.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know how many water baptized people went to hell today, and later today?
Thousands.
Why?
Because Jesus said....>"Depart from me, i never knew you".

And why does He not know all these water baptized religious people?
Because they were not born again, they were just water baptized.
Just the opposite.

The non baptized "Christians" were not buried with Christ in baptism per Romans 6.

The non baptized had no remission of sins per Acts 2:38.

The non baptized did not believe AND get baptized to be saved per Mark 16:16.

They did not arise and have their sins washed away per baptism.

....thus, Christ cannot say "I knew you".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Egad.

Horrible(your post above), post Apostolic commentary from your celebrity RCC founders that Paul warned the saints of....

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

The apostolic fathers and doctors of the faith and saints are not wolves
Hus Wycliffe luther calvin etc are wolves

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pauls gospel is not the gospel of faith alone! That’s luthers reflectionism

Paul never taught faith alone
Here lets keep this real simple . Paul did not contradict james , james did not contradict paul .
It is truly faith that saves us , its just faith without being hearers and DOERS is dead faith .
Its the dead faith i once had . For i could say the name of JESUS , but lived in my sin walking wickedly and full of lusts
and wicked deeds and thoughts .
Let paul sum up what james also said .
What JESUS FIRST SAID . IF any be a hearer but not a doer , SINKING sand.
We know what james says about real faith verses dead faith .
Here is what paul says .
IF any provides not , AKA IS NOT A DOER OF THE WORD , for his own , specially for those of his own household
HE HAS DENIED THE FAITH and is worse than an infidel .
None of them contradicted each other , and NONE of them contradicted JESUS .
Go ye into all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son and Holy Ghost , AND TEACHING THEM
to observe , to do , ALL things that i have commanded . Now how hard is that to understand . YET many do not understand it .
IF we have the SPIRIT then we would have and do the good works .
REMEMBER THIS next thing well . Faith without works is DEAD . BUT SO TOO are all the good works if one has not
FAITH IN JESUS . I say that to kick the all inclusive lie , FROM ROME and YES now many prostestant churches , RIGHT TO THE PIT .
IF ANY wants to be saved , CONFESS JESUS BY MOUTH and BELIELVE FROM the HEART that GOD has raised HIM from the dead .
AND if your still the old man loving sin , justifying sin , You faith is DEAD as mine once was .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot this part.

Paul said.. "Christ sent me not to baptize".

Why did he say that?
Because its true.
Christ sent Paul to teach the doctrine of "Justification by Faith", or...>"Abraham BELIEVED GOD, and it was counted to him as RIGHTEOUSNESS".

See that?
Thats The Gospel.
No water needed, no water accepted.

no He did not say I was not sent to baptize
First Paul was an apostle and all apostles are sent to teach and make disciples by baptism and Paul did indeed baptize!
I think he means primarily baptize! It is no refutation of the necessity of baptism
He himself was baptized acts 22:16

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostolic fathers and doctors of the faith and saints are not wolves
Hus Wycliffe luther calvin etc are wolves
Anyone that misquotes the scripture and misrepresents the word of God is a wolf.

That would even include little ol' you and I.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here lets keep this real simple . Paul did not contradict james , james did not contradict paul .
It is truly faith that saves us , its just faith without being hearers and DOERS is dead faith .
Its the dead faith i once had . For i could say the name of JESUS , but lived in my sin walking wickedly and full of lusts
and wicked deeds and thoughts .
Let paul sum up what james also said .
What JESUS FIRST SAID . IF any be a hearer but not a doer , SINKING sand.
We know what james says about real faith verses dead faith .
Here is what paul says .
IF any provides not , AKA IS NOT A DOER OF THE WORD , for his own , specially for those of his own household
HE HAS DENIED THE FAITH and is worse than an infidel .
None of them contradicted each other , and NONE of them contradicted JESUS .
Go ye into all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son and Holy Ghost , AND TEACHING THEM
to observe , to do , ALL things that i have commanded . Now how hard is that to understand . YET many do not understand it .
IF we have the SPIRIT then we would have and do the good works .
REMEMBER THIS next thing well . Faith without works is DEAD . BUT SO TOO are all the good works if one has not
FAITH IN JESUS . I say that to kick the all inclusive lie , FROM ROME and YES now many prostestant churches , RIGHT TO THE PIT .
IF ANY wants to be saved , CONFESS JESUS BY MOUTH and BELIELVE FROM the HEART that GOD has raised HIM from the dead .
AND if your still the old man loving sin , justifying sin , You faith is DEAD as mine once was .
You have a terrible habit of skipping Acts 2:38.