Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just the opposite.

The non baptized "Christians" were not buried with Christ in baptism per Romans 6.

The non baptized had no remission of sins per Acts 2:38.

The non baptized did not believe AND get baptized to be saved per Mark 16:16.

They did not arise and have their sins washed away per baptism.

....thus, Christ cannot say "I knew you".

baptism is justification not salvation
You receive the grace of God and faith hope and charity but you can reject them by sin or by apostasy and go to hell

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostolic fathers and doctors of the faith and saints are not wolves
Hus Wycliffe luther calvin etc are wolves
calvin i would flee fast . But know this and know it well .
Wycliff never said a word of evil against the true apostles nor Christ . Nor did tyndale
nor some others . THEY simply said this TRUTH . ROME was bad news for the peoples .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone that misquotes the scripture and misrepresents the word of God is a wolf.

That would even include little ol' you and I.

a good tree (the church) cannot bear bad fruit
And bad tree (heretics) cannot bear good fruit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
calvin i would flee fast . But know this and know it well .
Wycliff never said a word of evil against the true apostles nor Christ . Nor did tyndale
nor some others . THEY simply said this TRUTH . ROME was bad news for the peoples .

they were heretics teaching heresy

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism is justification not salvation
You receive the grace of God and faith hope and charity but you can reject them by sin or by apostasy and go to hell
You can be saved and not justified?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a terrible habit of skipping Acts 2:38.
There are quite a few places that explains how one is saved .
Never fall for the all inclusive lie my friend . The lie which says that somehow
if muslims , buddists or any other religoin or etc has love and good works then they are saved . YEAH that is a lie .
But ROME knew what she was doing . She is making the worlds largest all inclusive religion
which will serve an all inclusive world . OR for better words
SHE is creating a mindset , a universal religion of sorts which will simply do the work of a few elites who shall rule over the world .
They busy and they have been busy . Let no man fall for the lie .
Ye must confess JESUS by mouth and believe from the heart that GOD has raised him from the dead to be saved .
For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth , CONFESSION , unto salvation .
NO good works will save any other false religion , no false love comes from GOD .
GOD had and will only have one plan of salvation . JESUS CHRIST and if they deny HIM , HE DENIES them .
Let no man buy this false love stuff getting spewed out .
ANY LOVE that COMES FROM GOD , THAT LOVE POINTS ONE TO FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST . any other love is dead , deadly and twice dead .
And it bears only fruit unto death and leadeth all unto the second death .
OH but for the good news , THE LOVE OF GOD draws us to FAITH IN ONE NAME and ONE NAME ALONE . THAT IS JESUS CHRIST .
ALL else is winds of vanity of power hungry men gone wrong and will lead the dead in its chambers right unto the second death at their end .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can be saved and not justified?
No . For whom he calls them he also justifies . Its impossible to have been saved and not justified .
For our savoir , BY HIS BLOOD are we JUSTIFIED . Yeah . LET ALL that HAS breath PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are quite a few places that explains how one is saved .
Never fall for the all inclusive lie my friend . The lie which says that somehow
if muslims , buddists or any other religoin or etc has love and good works then they are saved . YEAH that is a lie .
But ROME knew what she was doing . She is making the worlds largest all inclusive religion
which will serve an all inclusive world . OR for better words
SHE is creating a mindset , a universal religion of sorts which will simply do the work of a few elites who shall rule over the world .
They busy and they have been busy . Let no man fall for the lie .
Ye must confess JESUS by mouth and believe from the heart that GOD has raised him from the dead to be saved .
For with the heart man believes unto righteousness and with the mouth , CONFESSION , unto salvation .
NO good works will save any other false religion , no false love comes from GOD .
GOD had and will only have one plan of salvation . JESUS CHRIST and if they deny HIM , HE DENIES them .
Let no man buy this false love stuff getting spewed out .
ANY LOVE that COMES FROM GOD , THAT LOVE POINTS ONE TO FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST . any other love is dead , deadly and twice dead .
And it bears only fruit unto death and leadeth all unto the second death .
OH but for the good news , THE LOVE OF GOD draws us to FAITH IN ONE NAME and ONE NAME ALONE . THAT IS JESUS CHRIST .
ALL else is winds of vanity of power hungry men gone wrong and will lead the dead in its chambers right unto the second death at their end .
Try this original one...

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obey Acts 2:38.
YES obey that . JESUS himself taught it . SO why on earth would we not DO what HE said TO DO .
If from the heart one truly believes in JESUS , why would they fight against a command HE Himself gave
It is FAITH in JESUS that saves , but true faith would embrace and love EVERY WORD JESUS EVER SAID .
YEP . TRUE faith will not cherry pick scrips , IT will embrace all TRUTH . Now let all that has breath PRAISE PRAISE and PRAISE
the GLORIOUS KING .

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No . For whom he calls them he also justifies . Its impossible to have been saved and not justified .
For our savoir , BY HIS BLOOD are we JUSTIFIED . Yeah . LET ALL that HAS breath PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
Correct.

And justification comes by water baptism for the remission of one's sins ALSO by the Spirit of God.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct.

And justification comes by water baptism for the remission of one's sins ALSO by the Spirit of God.
If we LOVE HIM , WE LOVE and KEEP all HIS sayings . IF our FAITH is TRULY IN JESUS
then His every word we would rejoice in and not one word would be heavy or grievous unto our soul .
It comes FROM the SPIRIT OF GOD and FROM that same SPIRIT comes for the LOVE to OBEY HIM IN ALL THINGS .
Yeah , ponder on the beauty of that . AND from that same SPIRIT
those who are doers of the WORD will remind the brethren to be DOERS of the word .
ITS the work of the SPIRIT amongst all true believers . GOD works in us , TO DO that which is WELL pleasing in HIS SIGHT .
And if any does err , we must rebuke , we must correct .
FOR all whom GOD loves HE corrects, so too would HIS SPIRIT have brethren to correct any who does err .
AND always reminding of the dangers of sin and to avoid it . And to be exhorting the church unto good works .
Paul , james , jude , peter , john , they all exhorted by the SPIRIT , in word , in letters which we too can read ,
THE CHURCH must remain on that path or prepare to fall into destruction .
FOR every word of GOD works good unto the soul of those who do hear and DO , but unto those
who heed NOT , destruction awaits . We must be sincere and always pointing to JESUS .
Which means we would point to HIS teachings , to biblical sound doctrine , to the letters of the apostels as well . yeah .

Reactions: Truther

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me thinks this generation has learned a false love . For you see its love is not tied into obediance unto CHRIST , unto GOD .
But i tell and warn us and remind us all , that LOVE cannot be seperated from obediance .
AND JESUS HIMSELF makes that VERY CLEAR . HE WHO LOVES ME OBEYS ME . HE who loves me not , OBEYS ME NOT ,
keeps not my sayings . WE better examine to see if we are truly walking in the faith that comes from GOD .
Examine to see if we follow the biblical JESUS or has it been men who twisted and omitted HIS sayings .
Cause any other gospel , any other jesus , AINT JESUS and it aint the gospel .
Its easy , LEARN Those bibles well . LOVING every word , being heares and doers . With joy , for not one of HIS sayings
is grievious . THEY ARE PURE JOY TO THE SOUL OF THE DOER

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot this part.

Paul said.. "Christ sent me not to baptize".

Why did he say that?
Because its true.
Christ sent Paul to teach the doctrine of "Justification by Faith", or...>"Abraham BELIEVED GOD, and it was counted to him as RIGHTEOUSNESS".

See that?
Thats The Gospel.
No water needed, no water accepted.

g
You forgot this part.

Paul said.. "Christ sent me not to baptize".

Why did he say that?
Because its true.
Christ sent Paul to teach the doctrine of "Justification by Faith", or...>"Abraham BELIEVED GOD, and it was counted to him as RIGHTEOUSNESS".

See that?
Thats The Gospel.
No water needed, no water accepted.

Paul never taught justification by “faith alone”!

Did not Paul write these scriptures?

1 cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13:13

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Other scriptures opposing “faith alone”

Matt 5:7 mercy thru merciful
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Then Once saved always saved!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The non baptized had no remission of sins per Acts 2:38.

You are refusing to acknowledge 2 things.

1.) THe Cross

2.) The Blood of jesus.

But you can rant about the water, endlessly, we've noticed.
Maybe you should reconsider your faith, as that water is not your savior.

Reactions: Jim B

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The apostolic fathers and doctors of the faith and saints are not wolves
Hus Wycliffe luther calvin etc are wolves

These same "fathers' taught you to believe and trust in water.

See, for you, without water, there is no salvation.

The Cross, disagrees.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are refusing to acknowledge 2 things.

1.) THe Cross

2.) The Blood of jesus.

But you can rant about the water, endlessly, we've noticed.
Maybe you should reconsider your faith, as that water is not your savior.

salvation is by grace.
Grace is the fruits of the passion cross death and blood of Jesus Christ.
Grace is Applied to souls thru faith and the ritual initiation of baptism!
Mk 16:16
Acts 8:35-38

Are you ever going to answer my question on acts 8 Philip preached Jesus; how did the eunuch know about baptism???