Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again happens inside you.........
Water baptism happen outside you.

You need to talk less and think more.
Don't you?
Wake up.

Right finally!
A sacrament is an OUTWARD sign of an INWARD action of grace!

Dogma about sacraments

162. The Sacraments of the New Covenant contain the grace which they signify, and bestow it on
those who do not hinder it.
163. The Sacraments work ex opere operato (simply by being done).
164. All the Sacraments of the New Covenant confer sanctifying grace on the receivers.
165. Three Sacraments, Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Orders, imprint a character, that is, an
indelible spiritual mark, and for this reason cannot be repeated.
166. The Sacramental Character is a spiritual mark imprinted on the soul.
167. The Sacramental Character continues at least until the death of its bearer.
168. All the Sacraments of the New Covenant were instituted by Jesus Christ.
169. There are Seven Sacraments of the New Law.
170. The Sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for the salvation of mankind.
171. For the valid dispensing of the Sacraments it is necessary that the minister accomplish the
Sacramental Sign in the proper manner.
172. The minister must further have the intention at least of doing what the Church does.
173. In the case of adult recipients moral worthiness is necessary for the worthy or fruitful reception of the Sacraments.

Baptism

174. Baptism is a true Sacrament instituted by Jesus Christ.
175. The materia remota of the Sacrament of Baptism is true and natural water.
176. Baptism confers the grace of justification.
177. Baptism effects the remission of all punishments of sin, both the eternal and the temporal.
178. Eve if it be unworthily received, valid Baptism imprints on the soul of the recipient an
indelible spiritual mark, the Baptismal Character, and for this reason, the Sacrament cannot
be repeated.
179. Baptism by water (Baptismus fluminis) is, since the promulgation of the Gospel, necessary
for all men without exception, for salvation.
180. Baptism can be validly administered by anyone.
181. Baptism can be received by any person in the wayfaring state who is not already baptised.
182. The Baptism of young children is valid and licit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you see this word "figure"?

"the like .....>FIGURE"............

This is the NT defining water as a FIGURE........as it then talks about Salvation.

Do you know what a figure is?........ Its a symbol or a likeness.......a representation.
Its not the REAL THING>........its a "figure"...

That is your verse, and that is your RELIGION.

So, all the water cults and the cultists that are deceived by the water cults, have been mislead into thinking that a "FIGURE" of salvation, that is described as water baptism, is the REAL Salvation.
ITs not.

igure | Definition of Figure by Merriam-Webster
www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › figure

Definition of figure · 1 : to represent by or as if by a figure

the figure or type is the ark of Noah as a type of the holy apostolic church that we enter by baptism

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

What gave the man the idea to get baptized?

Did Phillip tell him?

Why did the man get baptized immediately?
Why don't you do what Jesus says and take communion?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just as the bread isn't Christ in the Eucharist, but points to Christ as a symbol.

The Word speaks reality into existence. 'let there be light' and there is light....

'This is my body' and so it is...

Peace be with you!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babies need not repent, nor are they full of sin.
Were you a sinner baby that needed repentance and baptism in Jesus name for the remission of your sins?
Were you Rosemary's baby or something?
We are BORN with the stain of Original Sin - which causes us to have that proclivity (Psalm 51:5, Psalm 58:3, Rom. 5:12, Rom. 3:23, Eph. 2:3).

STUDY your Bible . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me help you here....

Jesus said "I am come in my Father's name", and, he inherited his name from his Father(Heb 1:4).

The name of the son is Jesus.(only a Catholic would say the son's name is "son").

Jesus said "the Holy Ghost would be sent in my name".

So, Peter knew the name(singular) of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost was Jesus Christ.

That is why everyone that was baptized AFTER Matt 28:19 was commanded, was always and only baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

But along came the RCC saying the son's name is "son"....LOL
Thanks for once again, illustrating your abject ignorance of Scripture.

CONTEXT, my friend – CONTEXT. Take ALL of God’s Word in CONTEXT – not just a single verse here and there. Cherry-picking has brought YOU to many heretical beliefs because you DON’T read His Word in context with the rest of Scripture.

As I have told you repeatedly – and proven to you with scholarly linguistic evidence“In the name of” simply means “By the AUTHORITY of” - and here is the Scriptural evidence that PROVES my point:

John 14:16-17
I WILL ASK THE FATHER, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send IN MY NAME, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

John 15:26
“When the Helper comes, whom I WILL SEND TO YOU from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right! A sign doesn't save, it points to salvation. Just as the bread isn't Christ in the Eucharist, but points to Christ as a symbol.
Then Jesus is a LIAR?

“This IS my body”
“This IS my blood”

(Matt. 26:26–28, Luke 22:19–20, Mark 14:22–24, 1 Cor. 11:23–25)

I'm sorry - can YOU show me where He said it was just a "symbol"?
I must have missed that verse . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you do what Jesus says and take communion?
There is no such thing as "communion" in the Bible.

There was a feast in the 1st century church.

Also, those that were judged by God for participating in the feast unworthily were only rich folks.

We are told to "pray through" and take the wafer, but this is not in the Bible at all.

Reactions: marksman

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are BORN with the stain of Original Sin - which causes us to have that proclivity (Psalm 51:5, Psalm 58:3, Rom. 5:12, Rom. 3:23, Eph. 2:3).

STUDY your Bible . . .
When did you commit your first sin, then take it to the priest?

8 days old?

1 year old?

12 years old?

Well?

Are gays born that way or do they become that way?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for once again, illustrating your abject ignorance of Scripture.

CONTEXT, my friend – CONTEXT. Take ALL of God’s Word in CONTEXT – not just a single verse here and there. Cherry-picking has brought YOU to many heretical beliefs because you DON’T read His Word in context with the rest of Scripture.

As I have told you repeatedly – and proven to you with scholarly linguistic evidence“In the name of” simply means “By the AUTHORITY of” - and here is the Scriptural evidence that PROVES my point:

John 14:16-17
I WILL ASK THE FATHER, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send IN MY NAME, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

John 15:26
“When the Helper comes, whom I WILL SEND TO YOU from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me
Catholic. What is the name of the son?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you ask such a stupid question - and when did I ever say she would "cease" to be my child??
Okay, you admit your adult daughter is your child.

With that settled, Acts 2: 28-39 is a promise unto your adult child.

You better tell her if you really love her.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then Jesus is a LIAR?

“This IS my body”
“This IS my blood”

(Matt. 26:26–28, Luke 22:19–20, Mark 14:22–24, 1 Cor. 11:23–25)

I'm sorry - can YOU show me where He said it was just a "symbol"?
I must have missed that verse . . .
Can you show me where he cut off fingers to feed us? You know that Passover was a symbolic feast, correct? His modification of the Passover is also symbolic.

The first and best known of these symbols is called the afikomen... afikomen is actually a Greek word meaning the coming one" (habba' in Hebrew) and is a clear reference to the Messiah.1. The afikomen is a piece of matzah, (unleavened bread) that is broken before the Passover meal.

Jesus was confirming he was the messiah the bread represents so the bread represents him.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as "communion" in the Bible.

There was a feast in the 1st century church.

Also, those that were judged by God for participating in the feast unworthily were only rich folks.

We are told to "pray through" and take the wafer, but this is not in the Bible at all.
"Do this in remembrance of me."

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. CHRISTIAN: A Christian is any person who has received a Trinitarian baptism. Trinitarian baptisms, done in the “Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit” are essentially Catholic baptisms, and are fully recognized by the Catholic Church as 100% valid. A Trinitarian baptism performed in a Baptist Church (for example) is just as “Catholic” as one performed in the Catholic Church. This is why candidates from Protestantism are not “re-baptized” upon entering the Catholic Church. Their baptisms in their Protestant churches are considered fully valid and Catholic. What Protestants usually lack are the sacraments of Reconciliation, Confirmation and Holy Eucharist, as well as a Catholic profession of faith. However, their baptisms are fully Catholic. So, in review, a Trinitarian baptism is a Catholic baptism, and that’s what makes you a Christian. It all starts there. Essentially, a Christian is a baptized Catholic, but that doesn’t mean a Christian will remain Catholic.
  2. CATHOLIC: A Catholic is any person who has received a Trinitarian baptism, as well as the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist in the Catholic Church, and is in communion with the Bishop of Rome (Pope), as evidenced by accepting all the teachings of the Catholic Church (a profession of faith). This is important. What makes you a Catholic is not just the sacraments or saying you’re in communion with the Pope. These things are part of it, but the real key is accepting all the teachings of the Catholic Church. One can be an active Catholic, or a lapsed Catholic, but so long as one still accepts the teachings of the Catholic Church, one is still Catholic.
  3. PROTESTANT: A Protestant is any person who has received Trinitarian baptism and still believes in the Trinity (making him/her technically a “baptized Catholic” or “Christian”), but who simultaneously rejects some or most of the teachings of the Catholic Church. This is the very definition of the word “Protestant” which means “one who protests.” The word “protest” is written right into the word “PROTESTant.” This is important, because a Protestant is always a “baptized Catholic” or “Christian,” meaning one who received a Trinitarian baptism and still believes in the Trinity, but rejects other Catholic teachings. It doesn’t really matter what these teachings are. It could be teachings about the Pope, Eucharist, Saints, Purgatory, or such things as artificial contraception, abortion, homosexuality, same-sex “marriage,” and female ordination. If one “protests” Catholic teaching on these things, one ceases to be Catholic and becomes PROTESTant.
Understanding these terms is important. This is why Mormons and Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Protestants. They’re not Protestants because they don’t have Trinitarian (Catholic) baptism. They reject the teaching of the Trinity, and they don’t baptize in the Name of the Trinity. Therefore, they lack a proper Catholic baptism. This means they’re not technically Christians either, in a doctrinal sense, because as the definition of the word “Christian” above states: “A Christian is any person who has received a Trinitarian (Catholic) baptism” and professes faith in the Trinitarian God. There are basically only three types of Christians in the world…

1. CATHOLIC — A validly baptized person who accepts the teachings of the Catholic Church and submits to the authority of the Pope.
  2. ORTHODOX — A validly baptized person who accepts the teachings of the Catholic Church but does not submit to the authority of the Pope. This is known as schism.
  3. PROTESTANT — A validly baptized person who does not accept the teachings of the Catholic Church. This is known as heresy. And does not submit to the authority of the Pope. This is known as schism.
So Orthodox Christians are basically Catholics who are in schism with the pope. While Protestant Christians are basically Catholics who “protest” Catholic teaching (heresy) and are also in schism with the pope.

Understanding this is important when dealing with Orthodox and Protestant Christians. While Orthodox Christians usually know the Catholic Church accepts their Trinitarian baptisms as fully valid and “Catholic,” most Protestants are completely unaware of this. Pointing it out to them can be an ice-breaker. For example; when a Protestant says “I’ll never be Catholic,” a good comeback can be: “Technically you already are at some level. You’ve received a Catholic baptism, and the Catholic Church recognizes that. So it’s like you’ve already got your foot in the door. That Trinitarian baptism ties you to the Catholic Church like a boat moored to a dock. You can’t leave the Catholic Church entirely unless you cut the mooring of your Trinitarian baptism, but if you do that you’ll cease to be Christian as well.”

As you can imagine, a comeback like that throws them on their heels. The concept of being connected, or tied, to the Catholic Church probably never occurred to them before. Now depending on how anti-Catholic they are, they may or may not accept this. But it doesn’t matter. The seed has been planted, and if it doesn’t sprout in their minds, it might sprout in others who overheard it.

This is an important clarification that came out of the Second Vatican Council, but Vatican II did not invent it. It was taught prior to the council, by popes and bishops, and even in some catechisms. But it wasn’t clearly defined until the Second Vatican Council. I know some Catholics have a problem with Vatican II, and truth be told, I have some minor problems with it too. But I’m not in the habit of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I interpret Vatican II within the Hermeneutic of Continuity, as Pope Paul VI and Pope Benedict XVI taught us. There is no other valid interpretation of Vatican II. It must be in continuity with the historical Church, and this teaching about Protestants and baptism is.

If we think of the Catholic Church like a dock, then Catholics are those people freely walking up and down the dock on to shore. Orthodox Christians are like boats fully docked to the dock, like being berthed in a boat slip, tied on all corners and secured. While Protestant Christians are moored to the dock, tied on one end (usually by the bow of the boat), to a post on the dock. The stern of the boat may move about, and be unsecured, but the boat is still tied (moored), at least on one end, to something on the dock, or something connected to the dock. The connection is real and it is secure. The boat may move about much more than one that is fully docked or berthed, but it’s still attached to the dock.

Understanding Terms: Christian, Catholic & Protestant – Complete Christianity
This is all definitions according the the Catholic Church. It doesn’t hold much water for non-Catholics.