Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sun and the moon and the stars!

Types and figures:

The sun a type of Jesus the son of justice, who by His passion and cross merits eternal light and life!

The moon a type of Mary!

The stars a type of the saints!

As the stars and moon get light from the sun and not of themselves so they reflect the glory of the eternal son of God!

But as the moon was s much brighter than the stars so is Mary the greatest and most highly exalted among the saints! And is the queen of the angels and saints!

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Genesis
The greater light to govern the day!
Those who live in the state of grace, the kingdom of justice! Jesus rules the kingdom of justice!

The lesser light to govern the night, those who live in sin, the refuge of sinners, mother of divine grace and mercy! Mary rules the kingdom of mercy!

Just as Esther found favor with the king and received half the kingdom, so does Mary! Lk 1:30

Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
Oh clement, oh loving, oh sweet Virgin Mary!
That was Joseph's family you quoted.

The sun was his mother, the moon was his father and the 11 stars were his brothers.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And(JOSEPH) knew her not till(UNTIL) she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Ive explained this before I’m sure?

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

The Bible says Joseph a just and therefore a chaste man, it does not say he has gone into Mary where the Holy Spirit has conceived, 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the Lord loved him. Never says this about a Joseph, for He was full of fear and reverence for Her immaculate purity and holiness!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive explained this before I’m sure?

Matt 1:25 He knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child UNTIL the day of her death.

Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?

Until only states that they had no relation up to that point, the Bible does not say they had sex ever, before or after that point!

First born does not imply a second born. An only child is still first born!

The Bible says Joseph a just and therefore a chaste man, it does not say he has gone into Mary where the Holy Spirit has conceived, 2 Sam 12:24 And David comforted Bathsheba his wife, and went in unto her, and lay with her: and she bare a son, and he called his name Solomon: and the Lord loved him. Never says this about a Joseph, for He was full of fear and reverence for Her immaculate purity and holiness!
So you say Joseph was a virgin too?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. As I already said, they were focused on the physical world and couldn't see he was talking spiritually, here. They wanted a saviour from Rome, not from sin. They wanted an earthly king. They thought he meant literally eating flesh, but he meant belief in him. Your church tries to do something similar, making the spiritual reality of redemption through his suffering a physical eating of his flesh. Although no one believes it's literally flesh.
Hey Renniks,

Help me out here. Your interpretation (or what some man taught you) of what is commonly called The Bread of Life Discourse in John is that when Jesus said multiple times 'you must eat my body...' He really meant you must believe in Him? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Thank you in advance...Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayer to the Sleeping St. Joseph

Oh St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interest and desires. Oh St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

So that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving Fathers. Oh St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart.

Press him in my name and kiss his fine head for me and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.

St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for me and my loved ones. Amen

Pope Francis popularizes devotion to Sleeping St. Joseph

LOL

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Renniks,

Help me out here. Your interpretation (or what some man taught you) of what is commonly called The Bread of Life Discourse in John is that when Jesus said multiple times 'you must eat my body...' He really meant you must believe in Him? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Thank you in advance...Mary
Yes, in the bread of life discourse Jesus associates belief with eating his flesh.

So they asked him, “What sign then will you give that we may see it and believe you? What will you do? 31 Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written: ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’”

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

34 “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.”

35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.

It's right there, plain as day.

Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.

and there.

40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

And it's very obvious by the parallel verses here.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ....

Yes.

But you have to rightly divide that verse.
See, you are reading it as a water cult teaches it......>."get in the water and God saves you because you are in the water, using the water, born again by water.".
Thats a demonic bible's John 3 teaching.
The Douay Rheims.

But God does not save you with water, or because you are in any.
Water is symbolic, when its connected to Justification.

"Noan and his family were saved by water"......No they were not. They were saved by the ARK that was keeping them out of the WATER that was kiling everything that drew a BREATH.
Yet the verse says...>"saved by water".

See that?
So, you have to RIGHTLY DIVIDE the word.........You dont just read it like its a dime store novel.

Truther.....God saves you, using His Blood.

So, understand your verse correctly.........= Repent from your UNBELIEF, and be born again, .........and then you may be water baptized.

Or as Phillip told the Eunuch in Acts 8.....>"if you have BELIEVED WITH ALL YOUR HEART.........that comes first, as that is when you are born again...........then Phillip said, you may be water baptized Mr Eunuch.

Its like this, Truther........... = SALVATION..........then water.

Water FOLLOWS Salvation........>It does not cause it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

But you have to rightly divide that verse.
See, you are reading it as a water cult teaches it......>."get in the water and God saves you because you are in the water, using the water, born again by water.".
Thats a demonic bible's John 3 teaching.
The Douay Rheims.

But God does not save you with water, or because you are in any.
Water is symbolic, when its connected to Justification.

"Noan and his family were saved by water"......No they were not. They were saved by the ARK that was keeping them out of the WATER that was kiling everything that drew a BREATH.
Yet the verse says...>"saved by water".

See that?
So, you have to RIGHTLY DIVIDE the word.........You dont just read it like its a dime store novel.

Truther.....God saves you, using His Blood.

So, understand your verse correctly.........= Repent from your UNBELIEF, and be born again, .........and then you may be water baptized.

Or as Phillip told the Eunuch in Acts 8.....>"if you have BELIEVED WITH ALL YOUR HEART.........that comes first, as that is when you are born again...........then Phillip said, you may be water baptized Mr Eunuch.

Its like this, Truther........... = SALVATION..........then water.

Water FOLLOWS Salvation........>It does not cause it.
You did not rightly divide Acts 2:38 but unrightly subtracted water baptism from it.

That was ghetto.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.

Not to a RCC priest in a black box though.

Jn 20:23
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

spiritual Authority of the apostles

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 20:23
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

spiritual Authority of the apostles

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments
At least you quoted a verse here.

Pop quiz,.... what was the first time per scripture in the N.T. that Peter eluded to, "remitting someone's sins"?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pop quiz,.... what was the first time per scripture in the N.T. that Peter eluded to, "remitting someone's sins"?

not acts 2:38
Notice forgiveness of sins or the refusal to forgive them perhaps they are not repentant, so it refers to hearing confession

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Acts 5:3 – Peter declares the first anathema of Ananias and Sapphira which is ratified by God, and brings about their death. Peter exercises his binding authority.
Acts 8:20-23 – Peter casts judgment on Simon’s quest for gaining authority through the laying on of hands. Peter exercises his binding and loosing authority.
pop quiz.....Where in scripture does it state that all authentic beliefs and practices must be explicit in scripture to be trustworthy?
pop quiz..... John 20:23 where in scripture does it state, explicitly or implicitly, that the authority to retain or remit sins (binding and loosing) ceased with the death of the last Apostle? (Mormonism)

Chapter and verses only please. Additional man made traditions are not acceptable.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not acts 2:38
Notice forgiveness of sins or the refusal to forgive them perhaps they are not repentant, so it refers to hearing confession
You got an "F" on the test.

Here is the correct answer....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Another pop question....is water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ both word and deed?

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 5:3 – Peter declares the first anathema of Ananias and Sapphira which is ratified by God, and brings about their death. Peter exercises his binding authority.
Acts 8:20-23 – Peter casts judgment on Simon’s quest for gaining authority through the laying on of hands. Peter exercises his binding and loosing authority.
pop quiz.....Where in scripture does it state that all authentic beliefs and practices must be explicit in scripture to be trustworthy?
pop quiz..... John 20:23 where in scripture does it state, explicitly or implicitly, that the authority to retain or remit sins (binding and loosing) ceased with the death of the last Apostle? (Mormonism)

Chapter and verses only please. Additional man made traditions are not acceptable.
You get an "F".

Here is the correct answer...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2 came before anything.