Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you cannot pray to a statue! That’s ridiculous!
I’m 60 and been a catholic all my life and I have never prayed to a statue
You never knelt in front of one and spoke towards it?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ condemns repetitious prayer, that a repeating in the context and f a single prayer, He does not condemn the repeating of a single prayer many times
Evidence for this is His own prayer!

Matt 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

43 And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
So, rehearsed prayer to any dead saint or Jesus Himself is a no no.

Also, what you said that I highlighted debunks itself.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, rehearsed prayer to any dead saint or Jesus Himself is a no no.

Also, what you said that I highlighted debunks itself.

He prayed the same prayer three times

there are no dead saints

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am theresurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

The communion of the saints

rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He prayed the same prayer three times

there are no dead saints

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am theresurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

The communion of the saints

rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Jesus said the same words over and over again?

He prayed, but not the rosary etc.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sweet heart of Mary, be my salvation!
She was Joseph's sweetheart, not yours....

46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, it is vain repetition.

It has been stuck in my head for 50 years.

thanks be to God!

meditations are on the gospel

annunciation
Visitation
Nativity
Presentation
Finding in the temple

Agony in the garden
scourging
Crowning with thorns
Carrying the cross
Crucifixtion

ressurrection
Ascension
Decent of the HS
Assumption
Crowning

creed
Lord’s pray
The angelic salutation (hail Mary full of Grace etc.)
Gloria
Salve Regina (hail holy queen)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

she is still a perpetual Virgin
Even consecrated her virginity to God
Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Not in the past!
Not now!
Not ever!
Perpetual Virgin! The sign of Jesus divinity! God with us!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sweet heart of Mary, be my salvation!
YEA RATHER , SWEET HEART OF JESUS IS MY SALVATION .
You are in grave and deadly danger praying as you do .
MARY is blessed and shall be called blessed . But she is not our salvation . You are in far more danger than you realize .
And i am not being mean or ill willed to you . If i didnt love you i would not even bother to warn you .
But this is dangerous , very very dangerous the way you pray . JESUS is our salvation and HE alone
is worthy of that acknowledgment . You seriously need to heed what i am telling you . This is blasphemous .
And if mary herself were on earth today , SHE would warn you herself , DO not say such a thing . POINT TO MY SON ONLY .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEA RATHER , SWEET HEART OF JESUS IS MY SALVATION .
You are in grave and deadly danger praying as you do .
MARY is blessed and shall be called blessed . But she is not our salvation . You are in far more danger than you realize .
And i am not being mean or ill willed to you . If i didnt love you i would not even bother to warn you .
But this is dangerous , very very dangerous the way you pray . JESUS is our salvation and HE alone
is worthy of that acknowledgment . You seriously need to heed what i am telling you . This is blasphemous .
And if mary herself were on earth today , SHE would warn you herself , DO not say such a thing . POINT TO MY SON ONLY .

Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation
Mary is His mother
Mary is the mother of our salvation
Found our salvation that was lost by Adam Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation Lk 1:38

All glory to God!

St. Francis of Sales upon Devotion to Mary.

HOLY Church, speaking of the most Blessed Virgin, says that she went up from the desert of this world flowing with delights, leaning upon her Beloved. In fact, all the praises bestowed upon
the Saints, and upon Mary in particular, terminate in Christ our Lord ; because all these praises should be directed to the glory of her Divine Son, Who led her by His grace to the most exalted degree of merit and happiness. It is related in Scripture that the Queen of Saba, taking a multitude of gifts to Jerusalem, offered them all to Solomon. It is thus that all the saints act and the Mother of God especially. She is ever attentive to recognise that her virtues, her perfections, her merits, and her happiness proceed from the mercy of her Divine Son, Who is alone their source, their origin, and perfection : Soli Deo honor et gloria. All honour and glory to God alone; all should return to Him, because from Him alone is every perfect gift.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The sun and the moon and the stars!

Types and figures:

The sun a type of Jesus the son of justice, who by His passion and cross merits eternal light and life!

The moon a type of Mary!

The stars a type of the saints!

As the stars and moon get light from the sun and not of themselves so they reflect the glory of the eternal son of God!

But as the moon was s much brighter than the stars so is Mary the greatest and most highly exalted among the saints! And is the queen of the angels and saints!

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Genesis
The greater light to govern the day!
Those who live in the state of grace, the kingdom of justice! Jesus rules the kingdom of justice!

The lesser light to govern the night, those who live in sin, the refuge of sinners, mother of divine grace and mercy! Mary rules the kingdom of mercy!

Just as Esther found favor with the king and received half the kingdom, so does Mary! Lk 1:30

Our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
Oh clement, oh loving, oh sweet Virgin Mary!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thanks be to God!

meditations are on the gospel

annunciation
Visitation
Nativity
Presentation
Finding in the temple

Agony in the garden
scourging
Crowning with thorns
Carrying the cross
Crucifixtion

ressurrection
Ascension
Decent of the HS
Assumption
Crowning

creed
Lord’s pray
The angelic salutation (hail Mary full of Grace etc.)
Gloria
Salve Regina (hail holy queen)
Huh?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
she is still a perpetual Virgin
Even consecrated her virginity to God
Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Not in the past!
Not now!
Not ever!
Perpetual Virgin! The sign of Jesus divinity! God with us!
And(JOSEPH) knew her not till(UNTIL) she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.