Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do. But I dunt talk to them, kneel before them, or believe the one they represent has any more influence with God than me.

these issues are all settled by the authority of the apostles in the church thru her councils
The iconoclast and faith alone are condemned by apostolic authority

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and I don't talk to or at them?

the communion of the saints

All those living or gone before us in union with the one mediator are in communion with God and us!

Christians do pray for each other I believe

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

All those living or gone before us in union with the one mediator are in communion with God and us!
Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christians do pray for each other I believe
Yes, and there is no N.T. example of the saints talking to the dead.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and there is no N.T. example of the saints talking to the dead.

Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Indeed they pray, also worship, but the living do not pray to them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed they pray, also worship, but the living do not pray to them.

dogma catholic and divine faith revealed by God acts 2:42 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

153. The Church founded by Christ is unique and one.
154. The Church founded by Christ is holy.
155. The Church founded by Christ is catholic.
156. The Church founded by Christ is apostolic.
157. Membership of the Church is necessary for all men for salvation.
158. It is permissible and profitable to venerate the Saints in Heaven, and to invoke their intercession.
159. It is permissible and profitable to venerate the relics of the Saints.
160. It is permissible and profitable to venerate images of the Saints.
161. The living Faithful can come to the assistance of the Souls in Purgatory by their intercessions
(suffrages).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dogma catholic and divine faith revealed by God acts 2:42 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

153. The Church founded by Christ is unique and one.
154. The Church founded by Christ is holy.
155. The Church founded by Christ is catholic.
156. The Church founded by Christ is apostolic.
157. Membership of the Church is necessary for all men for salvation.
158. It is permissible and profitable to venerate the Saints in Heaven, and to invoke their intercession.
159. It is permissible and profitable to venerate the relics of the Saints.
160. It is permissible and profitable to venerate images of the Saints.
161. The living Faithful can come to the assistance of the Souls in Purgatory by their intercessions
(suffrages).
Yikes!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I teach myself to fall in front of a statue and ask the statue to get her son to do stuff?

No, I had to qualify via catechism in a big RCC church in San Jose CA at about 8 years of age.

After they indoctrinated me, I had the instructional privilege to be allowed to pray to a 2000 year dead saints' statue.
Soooooo I asked you to "quote that teaching from The Church".

You failed (once again) which means you have made another false accusation (once again).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo I asked you to "quote that teaching from The Church".

You failed (once again) which means you have made another false accusation (once again).
Prayer to the Sleeping St. Joseph

Oh St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interest and desires. Oh St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

So that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving Fathers. Oh St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart.

Press him in my name and kiss his fine head for me and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.

St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for me and my loved ones. Amen

Pope Francis popularizes devotion to Sleeping St. Joseph

LOL

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh St. Joseph, whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the throne of God. I place in you all my interest and desires. Oh St. Joseph, do assist me by your powerful intercession, and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

So that having engaged here below your heavenly power, I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving Fathers. Oh St. Joseph, I never weary of contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms; I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart.

Press him in my name and kiss his fine head for me and ask him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath.

LOL
What a beautiful prayer! Thanks for sharing it.

Are you ever going to provide evidence for your accusation? Or just continue to ramble on nonsensically?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a beautiful prayer! Thanks for sharing it.

Are you ever going to provide evidence for your accusation? Or just continue to ramble on nonsensically?
Are you saying that only our local church taught us to pray the rosary in front of the statue of Mary?

I am not the one who thought that up at 8 years old.

I hated doing that, but had to do it to be qualified to go to the black box for confession.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying that only our local church taught us to pray the rosary in front of the statue of Mary?

I am not the one who thought that up at 8 years old.

I hated doing that, but had to do it to be qualified to go to the black box for confession.
Lol....that's what I thought. No evidence to back up your accusation.....thank you for your time

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL

Its sleeping Jesus
And it is a very powerful prayer
I have obtained unbelievable graces by this very prayer thru 25 yrs of marriage and difficult family life the holy family got us thru

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its sleeping Jesus
And it is a very powerful prayer
I have obtained unbelievable graces by this very prayer thru 25 yrs of marriage and difficult family life the holy family got us thru
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. In praying, don't use vain repetitions, as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their much speaking.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. In praying, don't use vain repetitions, as the Gentiles do; for they think that they will be heard for their much speaking.

Christ condemns repetitious prayer, that a repeating in the context and f a single prayer, He does not condemn the repeating of a single prayer many times
Evidence for this is His own prayer!

Matt 26:39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

43 And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.

44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.