Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps YOU can show us why the UNANIMOUS teaching of the Early Church Fathers spoke of . . .

- The CATHOLIC Church
- The Clergy/hierarchy (Bishops, priests, deacons)
- The EUCHARIST
- The Church of ROME having Primacy
- Peter's primacy

Does this sound like any Protestant demonination?
And ALL BEFORE this fictitious date of "538 AD" . . .

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole EUCHARIST you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him.
In like manner let everyone respect the deacons as they would respect Jesus Christ, and just as they respect the bishop as a type of the Father, and the presbyters as the council of God and college of the apostles. Without these, it cannot be called a Church.
(Letter to the Trallians 3:1-2 [A. D. 110]).

Irenaeus
But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the succession of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at ROME by the two most glorious apostles. Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. WITH THAT CHURCH, BECAUSE OF ITS SUPERIOR ORIGIN, ALL THE CHURCHES MUST AGREE, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition (Against Heresies 3:3:2 [inter A.D. 180-190]).

Tertullian
Where was Marcion then, that shipmaster of Pontus, the zealous student of Stoicism? Where was Valentinus then, the disciple of Platonism? For it is evident that those men lived not so long ago – in the reign of Antoninus for the most part – and that they at first were believers in the doctrine of the CATHOLIC CHURCH, in the CHURCH OF ROME under the episcopate of the blessed Eleutherus, until on account of their ever restless curiosity, with which they even infected the brethren, they were more than once expelled (On the Prescription Against Heretics 22,30 [A.D.200])

Clement of Alexandria
A multitude of other pieces of advice to particular persons is written in the holy books: some for presbyters, some for bishops and deacons; and others for widows, of whom we shall have opportunity to speak elsewhere (The Instructor of Children 3:12:97:2 [pre-A.D. 202]).

Cyprian
Peter speaks there, on whom the Church was to be built, teaching and showing in the name of the Church, that although a rebellious and arrogant multitude of those who will not hear or obey may depart, yet the Church does not depart from Christ; and they are the Church who are a people united to the priest, and the flock which adheres to its pastor. Whence you ought to know that the bishop is in the Church, and the Church in the bishop; AND IF ANY ONE BE NOT WITH THE BISHOP, THAT HE IS NOT IN THE CHURCH, and that those flatter themselves in vain who creep in, not having peace with God’s priests, and think that they communicate secretly with some; while the Church which is Catholic and one, is not cut nor divided, but is indeed connected and bound together by the cement of priests who cohere with one another (Letters 66 [A.D. 253]).
I was just ribbin' ya. :D

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess we better get the can-opener and let 'em out so's the ones in the back can start breathin' again.

you only made me deputy, you didn’t swear me in as justice of the peace?

mayor!

I can still disturb the peace with the best of them

the governor! Don’t you ever clean this crock, Otis spiked the spring water

you beat everything you know it

oh mr carp you have met your match, I’m sure Andy has killed many a carp!

You can’t just string them up

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you only made me deputy, you didn’t swear me in as justice of the peace?

mayor!

I can still disturb the peace with the best of them

the governor! Don’t you ever clean this crock, Otis spiked the spring water

you beat everything you know it

oh mr carp you have met your match, I’m sure Andy has killed many a carp!

You can’t just string them up
Ain't we apickin' our peaches afore they're fuzzed up good?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now get a girl to dance with, just like that? Rained last week I know I was out there in it, you didn’t tap him firm enough, let him know your there, give it to him firm, cuttin in! My chosen woman!
Ms crump, Andy’s favorite dish

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
how does Christ save? Biblical verses please
By grace you are saved though faith it is a gift, But denied by many, if you wont leave your religion for Him than your on your on. Same endless mindless circle. If you want to go to destrcution dont drag anyone else theer with you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By grace you are saved though faith it is a gift, But denied by many, if you wont leave your religion for Him than your on your on. Same endless mindless circle. If you want to go to destrcution dont drag anyone else theer with you.

that scripture refers to redemption not salvation, and Christ redeemed all men

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ!
Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Mk 16:16 acts 2:38 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love!
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

right pal! I think you got hold of something there Barney, Glen Ford!
Hardware store is right down the street
That’s “c”

welcome to check point chickie

oh I call down to the diner ever now and then for a trouble check
Jaunita’s everybody’s girl

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning Barbara,

Wouldn't the question "Who founded the Kingdom" be a mute question since there is only one answer to that question.

But "Who founded your church" is not a mute question since there are many answers.

Mary
Please people... Will you learn the difference between "mute" and "moot"! Sheesh!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
right pal! I think you got hold of something there Barney, Glen Ford!
Hardware store is right down the street
That’s “c”

welcome to check point chickie

oh I call down to the diner ever now and then for a trouble check
Jaunita’s everybody’s girl
Have you trouble-checked today yet? No? Well, then, let's trouble-check--Golleee!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I too have a problem with those who practice Catholicism coming into NON-DENOMINATIONAL forums to "DEFEND" their faith... It is a WASTE of time to debate with those who practice this sect. I have found it very EASY to avoid these arguments by simply choosing NOT to communicate with those who come to bring strife and false superiority.
Agreed Adoration. To be honest, I don't mind the debate, it can be challenging and insightful, but the narrow-mindedness makes it futile, and the inundation of threads on the same subject matter, makes it quite the imposition.

Reactions: BarneyFife