Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to Peter "thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"

He said nothing about a succession, He did not say "and upon thy successors" thus the supposed unbroken chain breaks down at the first link because we have no record whatever of the primacy passing from Peter to anybody else.

A rock by definition is a immovable, irreplaceable, unchangeable foundation. Any body therefore who will be built upon this rock must have the same testimony as Peter, believe the same doctrines, follow the same traditions.

By this we see how far the Roman church has drifted from the true church.

Catholics must own up and take the blame for the schism of the 16th century. How could they have sunk so low as to sell forgiveness of sins for money?

If they had listened to Francis Assisi they would not have had to listen to Martin Luther.
hi billy. Can you explain
2 Timothy 2:2 which seems to contradict your “nothing about succession” theory?
Or Barnabas?

I am also curious what man taught you your theory? Or are you self taught?

curious Mary

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus said to Peter "thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"

He said nothing about a succession, He did not say "and upon thy successors" thus the supposed unbroken chain breaks down at the first link because we have no record whatever of the primacy passing from Peter to anybody else.
We have truckloads of documents called the writings of the Early Church Fathers testifying to succession that you dismiss or ignore. The 11 Apostles who received the command to "teach all nations" did not have jet planes and helicopters. Either the 11 disobeyed the command, or the command was fulfilled through succession. It's plain logic.
A rock by definition is a immovable, irreplaceable, unchangeable foundation. Any body therefore who will be built upon this rock must have the same testimony as Peter, believe the same doctrines, follow the same traditions.
It's been proven time and time again, that they are the same. The essence of truths remains, you just deny development.
By this we see a stubborn refusal to accept the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Catholics must own up and take the blame for the schism of the 16th century.
Both sides were to blame, and it wasn't a schism, it was a revolt.
How could they have sunk so low as to sell forgiveness of sins for money?
This is an anti-Catholic myth. The Council of Trent instituted severe reforms in the practice of granting indulgences, and, because of prior abuses, “in 1567 Pope Pius V canceled all grants of indulgences involving any fees or other financial transactions” Abuses were never doctrinal. It's been 5 centuries since the Church cleaned up the mess yet ignorant anti-Catholics are still complaining about it.
If they had listened to Francis Assisi they would not have had to listen to Martin Luther.
But the so called reformers didn't listen to anybody, not even each other.
Myths about Indulgences | Catholic Answers

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Catholics must own up and take the blame for the schism of the 16th century. How could they have sunk so low as to sell forgiveness of sins for money?

Catholics need to abandon the RCC altogether and obey Acts 2:38.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there’s another church?

those who did not enter the ark with Noah died, and the church is the ark of salvation outside of all die eternal death
There is no other, Jn 10:16
The ark of Noah is a type of the holy church the ark of salvation

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
The only true Church was founded in Acts 2.

The only way to be in that true church is to obey Acts 2:38 and duplicate it's doctrine and experience as per Acts 2:38.

Every church that does not identify this way is a counterfeit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cant wait to hear
Is that what Peter said here?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Why did Peter say this?

Who would you rather obey...Peter or Jesus?

Or, what was Acts 2:38 REALLY telling us???

Well, many folks would rather "obey Jesus than Peter".

They are all basically Catholics with reading disabilities that say that.

They think the name of the Father is "Father'.

They think the name of the son is "son".

They think the name of the Holy Ghost is "Holy Ghost".

They think "in the name' is plural.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics need to abandon the RCC altogether and obey Acts 2:38.
Your statement is a bit confusing since The Church teaches that we must repent and be baptized and that baptism forgives us (washes away) of our sins (baptism saves us). When we get baptized we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit....Just like Acts 2:38 and other passages say.

Some of the Protestant sects have men that don't teach that to their flock soooooo your suggestion that The Church needs to obey Acts 2:38 is bizarre. You have twisted reality!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your statement is a bit confusing since The Church teaches that we must repent and be baptized and that baptism forgives us (washes away) of our sins (baptism saves us). When we get baptized we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit....Just like Acts 2:38 and other passages say.

Some of the Protestant sects have men that don't teach that to their flock soooooo your suggestion that The Church needs to obey Acts 2:38 is bizarre. You have twisted reality!
You just skipped Acts 2:38 in your statement.

You omitted "be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins".

Why?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup....that's what I thought. You, once again, can't back up what you said.

Thank you for your time.....
You teach every individual baby baptized is individually keeping the circumcision covenant, correct?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok so back to the question, the people that were burned alive for not believing in the trinity, did Jesus tell the church to murder those people?
Did Jesus ever tell you to sin?

I don't recall any doctrine The Church has/had telling those men to sin by burning people alive. Can you quote that doctrine for me?

Patient Mary

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus ever tell you to sin?

I don't recall any doctrine The Church has/had telling those men to sin by burning people alive. Can you quote that doctrine for me?

Patient Mary
— All of this is in keeping with the decree Ad abolendam by Pope Lucius III which approved of putting heretics to death and was repeated at the Fourth Lateran Council. The Reformer Jan Hus was burned at the stake following his condemnation by the infallible Council of Constance. His death is just one example among many.

Burning Heretics to Death in Exsurge Domine

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You teach every individual baby baptized is individually keeping the circumcision covenant, correct?
Dear Dear Truther,

YOU STATED: The RCC teaches circumcision is individualistic, not nationalistic.

I asked you to show me that teaching.....You failed!! Why are you asking me to prove your statement???? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only true Church was founded in Acts 2.

The only way to be in that true church is to obey Acts 2:38 and duplicate it's doctrine and experience as per Acts 2:38.

Every church that does not identify this way is a counterfeit.

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what Peter said here?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Why did Peter say this?

Who would you rather obey...Peter or Jesus?

Or, what was Acts 2:38 REALLY telling us???

Well, many folks would rather "obey Jesus than Peter".

They are all basically Catholics with reading disabilities that say that.

They think the name of the Father is "Father'.

They think the name of the son is "son".

They think the name of the Holy Ghost is "Holy Ghost".

They think "in the name' is plural.

the Bible says they are names
Matt 28:19

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

”NAME”

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Dear Truther,

YOU STATED: The RCC teaches circumcision is individualistic, not nationalistic.

I asked you to show me that teaching.....You failed!! Why are you asking me to prove your statement???? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

The RCC inadvertently teaches that .

Correction.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold
...founded in Acts 2, correct?

If not, then provide me a scripture that says when else it was founded.

Thanks.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Bible says they are names
Matt 28:19

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

”NAME”

They are all the same singular names?

Father, son and Holy Ghost are a singular name, or is Matt 28:19 a typo?

Or, are these titles of a particular name as Peter understood in Acts 2:38?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
— All of this is in keeping with the decree Ad abolendam by Pope Lucius III which approved of putting heretics to death and was repeated at the Fourth Lateran Council. The Reformer Jan Hus was burned at the stake following his condemnation by the infallible Council of Constance. His death is just one example among many.

Burning Heretics to Death in Exsurge Domine
Yup Truther....Their were many men put to death at the hands of Protestant and Catholic leaders!! Soooo if you want to live up to your chosen avatar name....truther....you should talk about the whole truth...not just your version of the truth by being one sided.

I have read the Ad Abolendam decree. Have you??? I am going to presume you didn't and you only quoted James Attebury instead of doing your own research. Why are you following the teachings of James Attebury? What lead you to him?

Can you show me in Ad Abolendam where Pope Lucius 3rd wrote that heretics were to be put to death??? :cool:

Was Ad Adolendam an infallible teaching of The Church?

I would like to think we are more enlightened today than we were 500 years ago and burning at the stake would never happen again. Didn’t God, on some occasions, command the use of capital punishment for certain offenses connected with false religion in Ex. 22:18, 20; Deut. 13:5, 8–10, 15, 18:20? What is your take on those passages?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just skipped Acts 2:38 in your statement.

You omitted "be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins".

Why?
You crack me up Truther.......I was summarizing that passage. You attack what you don't know. If our going to attack the teachings/practices of The Church you should know the teachings/practices of The Church first. Otherwise you will just keep embarrassing yourself.

If you knew the teachings/practices of The Church you would know that we baptize "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" just like Scripture tells us to do (Matthew 28:19)!!