Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Your verse is symbolic, and you make the mistake of not understanding that there are symbolic verses in the NT.
See, not all verses are literal....some are analogy, and yours you quoted is SYMBOLIC.
The WATER, in your verse, is not the city water supply, theefaith

Notice this verse..

“That JESUS might sanctify and cleanse it (the body of Christ) with the washing of water by the word,”

"now you are CLEAN though the WORDS i have spoken to you".

JESUS IS THE ""LIVING WATER"...

TRY to see this, theefaith.

put it all together.
its not that hard to see it, unless your mind is trapped by a cult.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
faith alone is condemned!

God says baptism! Ez 36:25:27
Jesus Christ says baptism! Mk 16:16
Peter says baptism! Acts 3:38 1 Pet 3:21
Paul say baptism! 1 cor 1:16 1 cor 12:13
The apostles say baptism! Acts 2:38 acts 8:35

Ez 36:25-27 promise of justification by washing away sins by virtue the merits of Christ blood, sanctified by the grace of God, given a new heart of love by the Holy Spirit!

Acts 8
Philip preached Jesus to the eunuch!

Obviously Philip preached “FACAGA”

How did the eunuch know about baptism?

Why did the eunuch so greatly desire baptism?
(If it’s only symbolic, an outward sign)

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

————————-

Baptismal regeneration!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

OT pre-figured baptism

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations;

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

—————

—————

Becoming a Disciple by baptism!

Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

—————

—————

Becoming a Disciple by baptism!

Matt 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John,

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:4

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(Born again by baptism)

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Spirit.

Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Outside the ark none were saved, outside the church none are saved)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually 1 Peter 3:20-21 proves my point when read properly. Noah and his household were saved by water: not baptized in water. They were saved because (unlike everyone else) they were above the water. Furthermore, that was mentioned as an analogy to something else (which is shown when Peter calls it "a like figure").

When read properly we see that Peter is saying that baptism saves us by the ressurection of Jesus Christ (which otherwise noted as being the answer of a good conscience). He even says it isn't the putting away of the filth of the flesh (that's what water does), so he notes he isn't talking about water immersion. Reading chapter 4, he gets more in depth of what the answer of a good conscience means.

Also consider that baptism came in many forms. John the Baptist said Jesus would baptise with the Holy Ghost and with fire (Matthew 3:11). Jesus asks James and John (and answers for them) if they are able to be baptized with the baptism he is baptized with, and he clearly isn't talking about water (Matthew 20:22-23). Paul said that when we are baptized into Christ we are baptize into his death (Romans 6:3) and also have put on Christ (Galatians 3:7). Also, Jesus said that while John baptized with water, those that went to the upper room would be baptized with the Holy Ghost in Acts 1:5 (in which he clearly contrasts the two). And let us not forget Paul also said that we would be clensed by the washing of water by the word (Eph 5).

While we see in Eph 4:5 that there is one baptism, we see from the scriptures above the are actually many ways and meanings of baptism. So when it says "one baptism" it means only one that matters. Given the choice between the physical water baptism or the spiritual baptism into Christ (by the Holy Spirit), I will go with the latter.

So to answer what man taught me this.... Well, several actually: Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul, Luke and Peter.
When you say that YOU have read Peter properly what you are really saying is that your interpretation of those passages are right and 2,000 year teaching of The Church is wrong. However I know you didn’t learn that teaching on your own since YOUR interpretation has been around for only a few years. You learned that interpretation from another man....So, once again, who taught you that interpretation?

You Protestants love to play this game that Jesus or Paul or Peter or Luke taught you YOUR interpretation of Scripture. It is very tiring and a cop out. Your above interpretation about baptism is a repeat of someone. Who is it? Its not the teaching of the 1st and 2nd century church so who’s teaching is it you are following? Why do You reject the teachings/interpretation of 1st and 2nd century men and accept the teachings of other men? How is it that YOUR men were right but the men who lived closest to the time of Christ wrong???

Why do you “go with the latter”? You accept one part of Scripture and reject another part. Why do you do that??? Who taught you to do that?

Curious Mary

PS....I have googled how different people interpret Ephesians 4:5.....I can’t find anyone that agrees with you.....So my previous question is very serious...Who taught you your interpretation?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Gospel would the Devil preach?
What is his Gospel?

Its everything that substitutes for the Cross and the Blood of Jesus as the means to be saved and born again.

THe Devil's gospel is a FAITH Substitute....

Get rid of "FAITH ALONE", is what the Devil's Gospel is all about.

2 of your Catholic Brothers are all over the Forum, saying that God does not just accept FAITH, to save you.
He accepts WATER, self effort, and not just Faith.

So, THAT, is the devil's Gospel, as it has denied God's Blood Atonement, by changing it into Water + the Cross. The Cross + Works.
Or as one of your deceived brothers said today....>"you cant be saved outside of the Catholic Church".

So, really?
Paul wasn't a Catholic.
Jude wasn't a Catholic.
James, Mark, Thomas.....>NOPE.
Mary wasn't a Catholic...........really.
How about that?

I personally dont care if you worship mary, twist beads, or take the sacrament thinking you are eating the living Jesus.... and do penance year round..
That is just harmless cult stuff, that is found inside the walls of your religion.
But once you teach against the sanctity of the BLood of Christ in a way that offends the Blood Atonement and the Cross, by denying how God offers "the GIFT of Salvation"..., then CULT and DEVIL'S GOSPEL, is what you have become.
What a Bizarre rant....

You can take comfort in knowing that since you are Protestant you will always be right and everyone else will always be wrong because YOU were personally guided by the Spirit into the truth.....That makes you a church of ONE and a cult of ONE kiddo. Which means you will never be a participant in the fulfillment of Jesus prayer that we all become one with one teaching one belief one faith.

You will always be on the outside looking in....:(

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What book of the N.T. is that?
The Didache is one of the earliest written documents of the Church other than Scripture itself. It was written sometime between 90 and 110 AD. It may not have had a single author but may have been compiled from the Apostolic Teaching as a kind of early catechism and a summary of the essential moral tenets of the Faith. It’s existence demonstrates that many current teachings of the faith, often under attack by modernity, are in fact very ancient, going right back to the beginning. Let’s take a look at some excerpts from the Didache that are especially pertinent for today’s controversies. My comments are in red after the italicized quotes. The Full text of the Didache is available here: DIDACHE
Ancient Witnesses to The Catholic Faith: The Didache - Community in Mission

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The entire concept of baptism is destroyed by the baptising of infants.
Baptism, at it's core, means a voluntary death at the hands of another.

This, an infant cannot do. This, sprinkling cannot demonstrate.
The following, from Paul's epistle to the Romans, is the gospel. It is truth. Infant baptism and sprinkling completely obliterates this truth. Full immersion baptism is not a recent innovation and the meaning thereof not a "Protestant invention". It is wholly Biblical and was established by John the Baptist in NT times and confirmed by Christ Himself thus prefiguring Calvary and the resurrection. IT was also practiced by churches throughout history, along with observance of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, (Sunday sacredness being another (pagan)Roman invention and adopted by the Papacy and handed down as a heretical legacy to Protestantism.)

1 ¶ What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Last edited by a moderator:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say that YOU have read Peter properly what you are really saying is that your interpretation of those passages are right and 2,000 year teaching of The Church is wrong. However I know you didn’t learn that teaching on your own since YOUR interpretation has been around for only a few years. You learned that interpretation from another man....So, once again, who taught you that interpretation?
Mary, I didn't give an interpretation: I reiterated what the verse said. If you believe I interpreted it, show me what part I interpreted. The only possible part was the notion of "not putting away the filth of the flesh". If you somehow believe this isn't done by water immersion then tell me what you do to get yourself clean, and tell me what the phrase means (without giving your interpretation). Bottom line is that the verse says what it says and that is all I claimed. Someone would have to interprete it to come up with the notion that this verse support water baptism saving us (and you would have to be pretty "creative" to do so).

However I know you didn’t learn that teaching on your own since YOUR interpretation has been around for only a few years. You learned that interpretation from another man....So, once again, who taught you that interpretation
I have learned many things from others, however I don't need someone to teach me what is clearly written. I mean, do you need some man to teach you that Jesus chose 12 disciples or can you get that knowledge from reading about it? So who taught me what Peter wrote in 1Peter 3:20-21? The answer is Peter!

You Protestants love to play this game that Jesus or Paul or Peter or Luke taught you YOUR interpretation of Scripture. It is very tiring and a cop out
First off, I am not a Protestant. Second of all, despite what you may think, people can read the Bible and learn from it. If I read something written in red in the gospels, I CAN say I learned it from Jesus! If I learn something while reading the book of Romans, I can say I learned it from Paul. Is not the same for you? Have you not learned something from reading the Bible, or are you sitting around waiting for a man to teach you?

So you can go on and on about your men who lived in the 1st and 2nd century. Mine were chosen by Jesus!

Mary, if I have misunderstood anything from what I have read and quoted (even paraphrased) in this discussion, feel free to bring it to my attention. You need not start an inquisition (no pun intended) on who taught me these things when the answer (in this case) is still going to be the authors of the Bible.

Why do you “go with the latter”? You accept one part of Scripture and reject another part. Why do you do that??? Who taught you to do that?
Show me just ONE scripture I have rejected! Have I discussed every scripture? No. Too many to discus! Have you discussed every scripture? Absolutely not! You haven't even discussed all the ones I brought up. Maybe I am wrong, but you seem a little too preoccupied with accusing me of being taught by men (again, I was taught by men: Jesus, Peter, Paul, etc...)

PS....I have googled how different people interpret Ephesians 4:5.....I can’t find anyone that agrees with you.....So my previous question is very serious...Who taught you your interpretation?
I spent a lot of time showing you the many different baptisms in the Bible. Did I not show many different ways? I then brought up Eph 4:5 which says there is one baptism. So there is only one but there were many different baptisms. So give YOUR explanation for this. Either think for yourself or try googling the answer.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mary, I didn't give an interpretation: I reiterated what the verse said. If you believe I interpreted it, show me what part I interpreted. The only possible part was the notion of "not putting away the filth of the flesh". If you somehow believe this isn't done by water immersion then tell me what you do to get yourself clean, and tell me what the phrase means (without giving your interpretation). Bottom line is that the verse says what it says and that is all I claimed. Someone would have to interprete it to come up with the notion that this verse support water baptism saving us (and you would have to be pretty "creative" to do so).

I have learned many things from others, however I done need someone to teach me what is clearly written. I mean, do you need some man to teach you that Jesus chose 12 disciples or can you get that knowledge from reading about it? So who taught me what Peter wrote in 1Peter 3:20-21? The answer is Peter!

First off, I am not a Protestant. Second of all, despite what you may think, people can read the Bible and learn from it. If I read something written in read in the gospels, I CAN say I learned it from Jesus! If I learn something while reading the book of Romans, I can say I learned it from Paul. Is not the same for you? Have you not learned something from reading the Bible, or are you sitting around waiting for a man to teach you?

So you can go on and on about your men who lived in the 1st and 2nd century. Mine were chosen by Jesus!

Mary, if I have misunderstood anything from what I have read and quoted (even paraphrased) in this discussion, feel free to bring it to my attention. You need not start an inquisition (no pun intended) on who taught me these things when the answer (in this case) is still going to be the authors of the Bible.

Show me just ONE scripture I have rejected! Have I discussed every scripture? No. Too many to discus! Have you discussed every scripture? Absolutely not! You haven't even discussed all the ones I brought up. Maybe I am wrong, but you seem a little too preoccupied with accusing me of being taught by men (again, I was taught by men: Jesus, Peter, Paul, etc...)

I spent a lot of time showing you the many different baptisms in the Bible. Did I not show many different ways? I then brought up Eph 4:5 which says there is one baptism. So there is only one but there were many different baptisms. So give YOUR explanation for this. Either think for yourself or try googling the answer.
One different type of baptism, from which sprinkling finds its genesis, was one in which adherents of Mithra participated among the Roman military in particular where it found its most numerous following. The man or woman would lie naked under a lattice work ceiling, upon which a bull would be slain, and the blood sprinkle down through the lattice on to the person below. It is no secret that pagan rituals such as this were borrowed by the church, 'baptised' into the faith, and 'converted' to 'Christian' (how much of true Christianity remained under this pretense is anyone's guess) use to make it easier for the pagans to enter the church without the emotional loss of their own traditions. One could add the introduction of "Sunday" into the church...another gift from Mithra.

Reactions: marksman

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One different type of baptism, from which sprinkling finds its genesis, was one in which adherents of Mithra participated among the Roman military in particular where it found its most numerous following. The man or woman would lie naked under a lattice work ceiling, upon which a bull would be slain, and the blood sprinkle down through the lattice on to the person below. It is no secret that pagan rituals such as this were borrowed by the church, 'baptised' into the faith, and 'converted' to 'Christian' (how much of true Christianity remained under this pretense is anyone's guess) use to make it easier for the pagans to enter the church without the emotional loss of their own traditions. One could add the introduction of "Sunday" into the church...another gift from Mithra.
Thanks for sharing that. While I do believe that much of today's traditions in Christianity do have pagan origins, I am unaware of this one. I don't know of any Christian Church that lies naked under a lattice and have blood sprinkled on them. If they do, that's just creepy!

My point was to show that within the Bible there were several different baptisms. I am focused on those at this point.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know of any Christian Church that lies naked under a lattice and have blood sprinkled on them. If they do, that's just creepy!
LOL, I don't know of such either, although such a practice, at least in symbolism, would not be beyond the scope of the imagination in occult circles. Which I believe much of what passes for the Catholic form of Christianity stems from. And yes, it would be creepy. Yet isn't much of the ritualism we currently have in the church, at least to the eyes and ears of the uninitiated, creepy? article-2605045-1D1F3FFF00000578-430_964x625.jpg

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
not directly to Christ?
Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
utter nonsense, read the book of Acts

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So let me see if i have your theory right. YOU didn’t interpret any of those multiple passages from scripture. You just reiterated what they said and by doing that YOU KNOW that you are correct. It doesn’t matter to you that your teaching (reiteration) is different than what has been reiterated (taught) for 2,000 years. Your own Protestant brothers disagree with you. But that doesn’t matter because YOU were taught by men who were chosen by Jesus!!! CLEARLY the men who disagree with you were not taught by Jesus therefor they MUST be wrong which will always make you right!!! Simply fascinating...

YOU trust the man born in the 20th century.....you trust you....not the men of the 1st century because clearly they don’t know how to reiterate as good as you!!!

Someone HAS interpreted 1 Peter it to support it as water baptism saving us and they were not pretty "creative" In doing so!!! It has been interpreted that way for 2,000 years......YOU are the one who was creative To twist it the other way. Does it concern you that your interpretation....i mean reiteration...is not held by a majority of biblical scholars?? ( i know it doesn’t concern you but i had to ask)

YES, you are Protestant....You are not allowed to twist the dictionary like you have twisted scripture:

PROTESTANT DEFINED a member of any of several church denominations denying the universal authority of the Pope and affirming the Reformation principles of justification by faith alone, the priesthood of all believers, and the primacy of the Bible as the only source of revealed truthbroadly :

a Christian not of a Catholic or Eastern church

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have learned many things from others, however I don't need someone to teach me what is clearly written. I mean, do you need some man to teach you that Jesus chose 12 disciples or can you get that knowledge from reading about it? So who taught me what Peter wrote in 1Peter 3:20-21? The answer is Peter!
Please stop....just be honest. Peter didn’t teach you. That’s a copout!!!! If you are to embarrassed to tell me then that’s fine but stop with the silliness.

Clement of Rome, according to historical writings, was taught by Peter. I wonder how your teachings....i mean reiterations....match up with his teachings!!! So please stop your silly claim.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what? Because Martin Luther agrees with it, I should too?
No, you should never agree with another mans interpretation of scripture. You should always trust your own Interpretation because YOU are guided by the Spirit....not them!!!