Who gets the worst punishment in the LoF?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because what is being RAISE up out of the ground is Buried dead body’s.
Those that are raised up, that are resurrected are resurrected from Sheol or Hades. Sheol or Hades are defined as, the common grave of mankind, gravedom; not an individual burial place, nor an individual tomb. So at the last trump its not dead bodies being raised up or resurrected from the ground. The word resurrection means, raising up from the lifeless condition of death or out of Sheol or Hades for those there.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is James 4:10 also : what is being raised up out the ground is buried dead body’s? ‘Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.’

In usual context of scripture...
RAISE up is in regard to the Body.
LIFT up is in regards to Cheer, Strengthen, Comfort.

Either way, in context, is elevating from down to upward.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is James 4:10 also : what is being raised up out the ground is buried dead body’s? ‘Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.’
and now let us examine what humbling is , what true submission is . Submit TO GOD .
OBEDIANCE . we are under HIS authority through obediance . To be humble
Now resisting the Spirit , resisting the truth , AINT humility its REBELLION .
HE who loves ME , said JESUS , OBEYS ME . Me thinks its time for all that draweth breath
to return to the pure , holy , unadultered word and words of the LORD .
Let us learn the BIBLICAL JESUS and HIS GOD very well .
Not saying this against you , just reminding us is all .
THERE TRULY IS VICTORY IN JESUS . I like that name my friend . But let us also remember
if our jesus contradicts THE BIBLICAL ONE , AINT NO VICTORY in that jesus . It cannot save .
AS i am sure you would agree .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a wonderful song , OH VICTORY IN JESUS ...........
yet many sing that song yet follow another jesus . Aint no victory in that my dear friends . Only death and at the end the second death .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But a man might say , SO HOW do we know we follow the JESUS . WELL OPEN BIBLES
if your jesus contradicts THAT JESUS , THEN its another jesus . If your apostels and leaders
contradict the letters of the apostles and leaders of the church in that bible , THEN your leaders are false .
Now REJOICE WITH ME MY FRIENDS , for i come to bring good news and much hope . FOLLOW CHRIST
and learn those bibles well .

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoF (lake of fire aka hell) Aside from Satan, the AC and the False Prophet, which sinful human beings get the worst punishment? Is it false teachers who lure unstable souls into perdition? Is it the death row inmates who kill and rape? Is it the apostates who experienced the gift of the Holy Spirit but then rejected Him and rebelled?

Discuss and have a nice day please ty
I think one thing the Lord doesn't appreciate are people who try to lead other people away from the Lord.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A purgative place if this lake of fire is proceeding from God. People are said to have a part in it. This would probably be something many wouldn’t desire to go through. Perhaps it is used for those in part for purgative reasons. I do not know for sure, it would be a purpose. It would be a second death, dying to the self. Just a person learns to die now today in Christ with raising also again to new life.

That of course is my thought about it, as it is something that John writes about in Revelation 21-22 which is a brand new scene from the following chapter 20; which has Satan and hell and death done away with.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoF (lake of fire aka hell) Aside from Satan, the AC and the False Prophet, which sinful human beings get the worst punishment? Is it false teachers who lure unstable souls into perdition? Is it the death row inmates who kill and rape? Is it the apostates who experienced the gift of the Holy Spirit but then rejected Him and rebelled?

What I see from scripture is that men who receive a down payment of the Spirit who then become religious hypocrites receive the worst fate. Even worse than Sodom.

They have eternal life but it will be of dishonor, in the outer darkness.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm pretty sure the creators of robo-calls are going to get it the worst!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have eternal life but it will be of dishonor, in the outer darkness.
Temporarily.

2 Samuel 14:14, ESV: We must all die; we are like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again. But God will not take away life, and he devises means so that the banished one will not remain an outcast.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They all get the same punishment Friend, all who get cast into the lake of fire go to their second death.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20:14; 21:8

Those verses don't say anything about equal punishment. Do you actually believe that an alcoholic faces the same punishment as a serial killer?

This verse indicates different levels of punishment just like there are varying levels of reward in Heaven.

Luke 12:42-48
And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and sensible steward, whom his master will put in charge of his servants, to give them their rations at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. Truly I say to you, that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. But if that slave says in his heart, ‘My master will be a long time in coming,’ and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk; the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him, and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers. And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, shall receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those verses don't say anything about equal punishment. Do you actually believe that an alcoholic faces the same punishment as a serial killer?

This verse indicates different levels of punishment just like there are varying levels of reward in Heaven.

Luke 12:42-48
And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and sensible steward, whom his master will put in charge of his servants, to give them their rations at the proper time? Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. Truly I say to you, that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. But if that slave says in his heart, ‘My master will be a long time in coming,’ and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk; the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him, and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers. And that slave who knew his master’s will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, shall receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.
What punishment Pat? Death acquits us of our sins Rom 6:7, 23. There are only 2 outcomes, death or life, that is what Jehovah has offered from the very beginning. If you accept to live by His ways He will give you life everlasting, if you choose not to, you will receive what Adam got, simple as that sir.

Keep in mind however one has to choose to obey God, as the default god is satan. If one does not actively seek Jehovah, drawing close to Him, He will not draw close to them, as free will is a gift. Jehovah forces no one to serve Him, but I cannot for the life of me understand why they wouldn't want to.