Who has read Malachi lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good to refresh one's memory, right :)
Well, I suppose, although, its not really possible to have your fingers in every pie, if you know what I mean. Every book of the bible has worth, but we just can't read every one of them all at the same time! How good would it be if we could, though?? Maybe we could in heaven? There's a thought...will we still read the bible in heaven, or will we not need to, as we'll be in God's presence?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Well, I suppose, although, its not really possible to have your fingers in every pie, if you know what I mean. Every book of the bible has worth, but we just can't read every one of them all at the same time! How good would it be if we could, though?? Maybe we could in heaven? There's a thought...will we still read the bible in heaven, or will we not need to, as we'll be in God's presence?
When we are in "a greater light, and upon another shore, whose hope was in the Word made flesh"...

It will all be according to what the Lord has revealed in His Word... :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There has also be recent discussion on another thread of this verse:

"For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed." (Malachi 3.6).

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do think that Malachi is a heartening and highly applicable book - even though not about the church itself - in days of departure and apostasy.

"Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name." (Malachi 3.16)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Malachi?? Not me, not lately.
For me there are a couple of gems in there...but not one of my faves.
Though when I am reading through the OT I am always glad to get to Malachi, because it means I can go back to Genesis !! :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
3.16 is a favorite and very relevant verse!

YES, that is one of the gems I was thinking about. I feel we do that here on forums, :)

I like 3 v 3
" And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness."
The Refiners Fire. "For our God is a consuming Fire" ( Heb 12)
To the christian fire is our friend, it's a cleansing fire. Redemptive.

"When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee..." Isa 43

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
YES, that is one of the gems I was thinking about. I feel we do that here on forums, :)

I like 3 v 3
" And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and He shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness."
The Refiners Fire. "For our God is a consuming Fire" ( Heb 12)
To the christian fire is our friend, it's a cleansing fire. Redemptive.

"When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee..." Isa 43
Yes, good connection of verses there... :)