Who has the authority…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please listen and learn
nope.....not playing that game OR watching that video Johann. I asked YOU a question and I want to know what YOU think. Not what some guy in a video thinks.

I gave you Scripture that clearly states that "Christ himself gave the apostles" and "God has appointed these in the church: first apostles,"!!

So please answer the question of which you dodged (again): Where does Scripture say those appointments in the church ended OR will end? Or have you been taught that there was a point in Christian history it (authority) ended?

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He would not remain with all who would take up the name of Christ and stand in the holy place, under the banner of the church.
Ok,,,,,soooo he remained with SOME! Didn't He?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your theory makes absoultly NO SENSE. Pauls "good intentions" was to teach Timothy the TRUTH and Pauls intention was to have Timothy teach other "faithful men" the TRUTH but Paul's intentions "did not go according to his desire for them"????????? Seriously?

The TRUTH was not passed down to other "faithful men" after Timothy got the Truth from Paul? Is that your theory???? The Truth was lost for all time after Timothy died? :eek:
Come on now--seriously--we started with Paul saying:

29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears. Acts 20:29:31​

...And he was not supposing mere possibilities--nor was Peter who said the same thing--but was speaking matter of fact. So, it is not me saying what you find hard to believe--but those "A" apostles.

But, no, the Truth was not lost--only to them, but retained by the Holy Spirit and poured out upon "all flesh"...just as it was foretold, and confirmed by Peter.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I expect that it does not make sense to those who have been taught differently and adopted the error of "A" for men chosen for being the least of men, that Christ alone would prove worth. By the same (non-sensical) logic, you might also give all the sons of David an "A."
Oh goodness....I asked you a VERY DIRECT QUESTION. Instead of answering it you start of being condescending and then go into non-sensical statements. Just answer my question so I can better understand what you believe: Is your theory that when the Apostle John died there was no longer an AUTHORITY OF MEN to be submissive too?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness....I asked you a VERY DIRECT QUESTION. Instead of answering it you start of being condescending and then go into non-sensical statements. Just answer my question so I can better understand what you believe: Is your theory that when the Apostle John died there was no longer an AUTHORITY OF MEN to be submissive too?
See post #243

...but No, not condescending...just the facts of what history will attest to, and does.

PS...but Mary, do not squirm in disbelief--learn. You don't need even to hear it from me. It is now history.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on now--seriously--we started with Paul saying:

29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. 31 Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears. Acts 20:29:31​

...And he was not supposing mere possibilities--nor was Peter who said the same thing--but was speaking matter of fact. So, it is not me saying what you find hard to believe--but those "A" apostles.

But, no, the Truth was not lost--only to them, but retained by the Holy Spirit and poured out upon "all flesh"...just as it was foretold, and confirmed by Peter.
Oh goodness....The Holy Spirit poured out upon all flesh the Trutho_O

Sooooooo if the Holy Spirit did as you theorize it did then why does everyone teach a different Truth if the Truth was poured out onto all of us? You got a pouring of the Truth, Marymog got a pouring of the Truth, Joe Smith and Sally Johnson got a pouring of the Truth etc etc...But we all have a different Truth!!

Is the Holy Spirit confused or are you?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree with that statement @Marymog

Is your theory that when the Apostle John died there was no longer an AUTHORITY OF MEN to be submissive too?

This is a fact. The only one to be submissive to is the Lord Jesus Christ.

To Love God, and to Love Others.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No man has any authority. (except those in authority position - cops, governors, and the things like this) - but no one has the authority over others in spiritual matters for all spiritual matters will be pertaining to the goodness of God and good fruits caused by the Holy Spirit in which God has given to the believer in the Gospel of Christ.

Praise God.

:) Freedom and liberty in Christ :)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post # 243.
Ok....so we are in agreement that He remained with some.

Clement of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch and Polycarp were students of the Apostles. Were any of them savage wolves who were speaking perverse things to draw away the disciples?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #243

...but No, not condescending...just the facts of what history will attest to, and does.

PS...but Mary, do not squirm in disbelief--learn. You don't need even to hear it from me. It is now history.
Once again....you are being condescending but I suspect that is in your nature and you can't stop it so I forgive you.

What "history" are you speaking of ?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree with that statement @Marymog

Is your theory that when the Apostle John died there was no longer an AUTHORITY OF MEN to be submissive too?

This is a fact. The only one to be submissive to is the Lord Jesus Christ.

To Love God, and to Love Others.
Hey Matthew,

What do you make of this passage that tells us to be submissive to our church leaders: Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
nope.....not playing that game OR watching that video Johann. I asked YOU a question and I want to know what YOU think. Not what some guy in a video thinks.

I gave you Scripture that clearly states that "Christ himself gave the apostles" and "God has appointed these in the church: first apostles,"!!

So please answer the question of which you dodged (again): Where does Scripture say those appointments in the church ended OR will end? Or have you been taught that there was a point in Christian history it (authority) ended?

Patient Mary
I don't have time for playing games with you, you see Paul Washer but it is not him that is teaching on this subject you raise...after you have listened, we can discuss Mary.
You are not going to get your own way with me since you do not have the authority to do so.
You listen, we discuss, or bow out since you are the one in error here.
Blessings
Johann

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have time for playing games with you, you see Paul Washer but it is not him that is teaching on this subject you raise...after you have listened, we can discuss Mary.
You are not going to get your own way with me since you do not have the authority to do so.
You listen, we discuss, or bow out since you are the one in error here.
Blessings
Johann
Lol....I'm not going to get my own way with you?? I don't have the "authority to do so"? I am in error? What the heck does that mean?o_O

YOU are the one who wants me to watch a video of what some guy that has authority over what YOU believe but you can't tell me for YOURSELF what you believe? Fascinating......and you accuse me of playing games? You crack me up.

If you can't answer a simple question then it appears YOU are the one bowing out.....Keeping it real, Mary:rolleyes:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Matthew,

What do you make of this passage that tells us to be submissive to our church leaders: Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves:

Hello Marymog,

Good question, as someone who believes that Jesus has done returned. I believe that scripture is applicable only to the audience it was written to, who were going to be part of the bride of Christ upon his return. Therefore to me there is only one that I am accountable and need to submit to myself and he alone is God, and I listen to what the Son of God, and the Apostles had stated said as far as the things the pertain to spiritual truths to lead to having love for God and love for others.

To me the days of material religion is over.

Hope this help you understand,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Lol....I'm not going to get my own way with you?? I don't have the "authority to do so"? I am in error? What the heck does that mean?o_O

YOU are the one who wants me to watch a video of what some guy that has authority over what YOU believe but you can't tell me for YOURSELF what you believe? Fascinating......and you accuse me of playing games? You crack me up.

If you can't answer a simple question then it appears YOU are the one bowing out.....Keeping it real, Mary:rolleyes:

Listen first, then discuss, late here in South Africa
Blessings
Johann
Read Cor 13.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Marymog,

Good question, as someone who believes that Jesus has done returned. I believe that scripture is applicable only to the audience it was written to, who were going to be part of the bride of Christ upon his return. Therefore to me there is only one that I am accountable and need to submit to myself and he is alone is God, and I listen to what the Son of God, and the Apostles had stated said as far as the things the pertain to spiritual truths to lead to having love for God and love for others.

To me the days of material religion is over.

Hope this help you understand,
In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher
Thanks Matthew,

I THINK I now better understand what you have been taught.

So you believe that the passage that says Obey them that have the rule over you and submit yourselves (to them) was meant only to the Christians that were alive when that was written? After all the Church leaders died that were alive when that was written Christians no longer had to obey any Church leader? Is that what you are saying? Basically, only the Christians that lived in the 1st century had to obey their Church leaders.

Also....If Jesus has returned....where is He? And what is "material religion"?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Listen first, then discuss, late here in South Africa
Blessings
Johann
Read Cor 13.
I asked YOU a question. YOU are refusing to answer it.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF
(such a novel idea, wouldn't you agree) and don't let others speak for you. Then we will discuss the issue at hand OR you can or bow out!

Your choice....

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello MaryMog

Great questions it would be curious if you did not have any, I can’t answer them for you.

Material religion is simply the “playing of church” I don’t have to submit myself to no one. No human. (Except for governing authorities / police and such is as long as it pertains to not going against the things of God).

Yes I have been taught the from the Bible and I believe it is true that None of it was written to us, or about us. Indeed it all revolves around the nation of Israel.

Thank you for a moment of your time,
:) God bless you, I believe by faith Jesus had returned for his bride and according to scriptures, the spirit of Christ lives in you, and the Holy Spirit lives with you: and I believe the ultimately Jesus resides in the bosom of the Father as the Lord God Almighty in all fullness whom is the one who sits on the throne in the heavenly Jerusalem.

(This unfortunately can cause people to lose hope so don’t believe me and seek out the answers for yourself)

in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I asked YOU a question. YOU are refusing to answer it.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF
(such a novel idea, wouldn't you agree) and don't let others speak for you. Then we will discuss the issue at hand OR you can or bow out!

Your choice....
1Ti_2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Good night, 11.30
Blessings
J.