Who has the authority…

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who has the authority to interpret scripture?

Interpretation provides meaning!

Meaning provides understanding!

Understanding produces unity!

Examples:

Text: a Fat sandwich man.

What does it mean: a fat man making sandwiches?

Or does it mean: a man making fat sandwiches?

No Hurry:

Does it mean we don’t have time so hurry up?

Or does it mean we got lots of time?

Seven spirits of God:

Does it mean there are seven holy spirits?
Or the seven gifts of the spirit?

Seven churches:

Does it mean there are seven churches?

Or the one church at seven different locations?

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Does it mean “faith alone”? “Accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior”?

Or does it mean the Christian sacrament of baptism?

the church existed before the NT
The church wrote the NT
The scriptures are the possession of the church!
The church alone has authority to interpret scripture and provide meaning, understanding and unity of faith!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interpretation provides meaning!

Meaning provides understanding!

Understanding produces unity!

Examples:

Text: a Fat sandwich man.

What does it mean: a fat man making sandwiches?

Or does it mean: a man making fat sandwiches?

No Hurry:

Does it mean we don’t have time so hurry up?

Or does it mean we got lots of time?

Seven spirits of God:

Does it mean there are seven holy spirits?
Or the seven gifts of the spirit?

Seven churches:

Does it mean there are seven churches?

Or the one church at seven different locations?

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Does it mean “faith alone”? “Accept Jesus as your personal lord and savior”?

Or does it mean the Christian sacrament of baptism?

the church existed before the NT
The church wrote the NT
The scriptures are the possession of the church!
The church alone has authority to interpret scripture and provide meaning, understanding and unity of faith!

Jesus assigned a faithful slave to shepherd the congregation giving them the food as it is revealed to them. So interpretations come through them. But, yes but, you have the final authority in interpretation, as you are accountable on it. As you can see, Eve was given a command and satan interpreted it differently than did God, therefore Eve accepted someone else's interpretation, yet she was held accountable. So what I am saying you are the final authority on interpretation, no matter what anyone says, you are accountable, so make sure of all things, hold fast to what is fine 1 Thes 5:21

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus assigned a faithful slave to shepherd the congregation giving them the food as it is revealed to them. So interpretations come through them. But, yes but, you have the final authority in interpretation, as you are accountable on it. As you can see, Eve was given a command and satan interpreted it differently than did God, therefore Eve accepted someone else's interpretation, yet she was held accountable. So what I am saying you are the final authority on interpretation, no matter what anyone says, you are accountable, so make sure of all things, hold fast to what is fine 1 Thes 5:21

Only the church who wrote the scripture in the first place has authority from Christ to interpret scripture!

Reactions: EloyCraft

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the church who wrote the scripture in the first place has authority from Christ to interpret scripture!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only answer you will accept is the pope - starting with Peter. Right? Because that is what the RCC teaches, all based on the ROCK. But the Rock is not a person, but what the Spirit revealed to Peter.

The Rock is "Thou are the Christ, the Son of the Living God." Its not Peter's church, it is Christ's and WHO HE IS!

Based on this truth, he sent out 12 apostles to spread that truth. The RCC changed the truth to the pope, who through the ages have even butchered Christians! And even added a goddess - Mary, with just a helpless little baby Christ.

Reactions: Pearl and Jim B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same answer as before: THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!!
John 16:13 1 John 2:27

that applies only to the apostles

Fundamentalism is extremist and a violation of the Christian virtue of moderation! Phil 4:5

Jesus did not say learn of me cos I’m full of pride, presumption, & arrogance but Learn of me meek for I am meek and humble of heart!

It is impossible to reason with a fundamentalist or have logical conclusions cos they have no logic and no reason!

Fundamentalism: faith without reason!

It’s like beating your head against a brick wall, all you get is a bloody headache!

Fundamentalism is unbiblical: Phil 4:5 Matt 11:29

Fundamentalists claim to believe the doctrine of the “Bible alone” but don’t believe what the Bible actually says!

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a big difference between the people, the laity, the nations and the priesthood, the apostles!

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you. And Jn 17:18 I send you!

(The apostles with the same mission, power, and authority)

The apostles received the kingdom.
Lk 22:29

The apostles administer the kingdom. Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18

The apostles govern the church.
Matt 28:19-20

the apostles have authority to forgive sins against God and His commandments, Jn 20:23

The apostles hold office.
Acts 1:15-20

Apostles are the light of the world!
The church is an extension of Christ in time and space. Matt 5:14

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Three fold ministry,

Teaching:
Sanctification:
Governing:

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a big difference between the people, the laity, the nations and the priesthood, the apostles!

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matt 13:11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, I send you. And Jn 17:18 I send you!

(The apostles with the same mission, power, and authority)

The apostles received the kingdom.
Lk 22:29

The apostles administer the kingdom. Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18

The apostles govern the church.

the apostles have authority to forgive sins against God and His commandments, Jn 20:23

The apostles hold office.
Acts 1:15-20

Apostles are the light of the world!
The church is an extension of Christ in time and space. Matt 5:14

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Three fold ministry,

Teaching:
Sanctification:
Governing:

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

You know that Jesus set up His Church, but you don't seem to know WHY He came. What is it? The scriptures that you say only the pope can interpret already clearly says why He came.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Apostolic succession!

Where does it say that the apostles send other apostles? Just because one is sent, does not mean he can send others.

Rev 21:14" And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb."
Jesus called them.

Those you call apostles are apostles sent by your church. Many churches have people they sent to do evangelistic works.

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that applies only to the apostles

AH!!! the 'ol "Them but not us" LIE. That happens every time some Religious CULT wants to pretend they're "SPECIAL", and their "Ministers", "Magisterium", "Pope", whomever, want to call the shots, and consider the rabble in the pews to be "Spiritually INFERIOR" to their "priesthood"/"Church system. We see a lot of that here.

Reactions: Pearl and Jim B

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fundamentalism is extremist and a violation of the Christian virtue of moderation! Phil 4:5

Jesus did not say learn of me cos I’m full of pride, presumption, & arrogance but Learn of me meek for I am meek and humble of heart!

It is impossible to reason with a fundamentalist or have logical conclusions cos they have no logic and no reason!

Fundamentalism: faith without reason!

It’s like beating your head against a brick wall, all you get is a bloody headache!

Fundamentalism is unbiblical: Phil 4:5 Matt 11:29

Fundamentalists claim to believe the doctrine of the “Bible alone” but don’t believe what the Bible actually says!

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!
[/QUOTE]

At least you get a reply from him; he must have me on ignore.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only answer you will accept is the pope - starting with Peter. Right? Because that is what the RCC teaches, all based on the ROCK. But the Rock is not a person, but what the Spirit revealed to Peter.

The Rock is "Thou are the Christ, the Son of the Living God." Its not Peter's church, it is Christ's and WHO HE IS!

Based on this truth, he sent out 12 apostles to spread that truth. The RCC changed the truth to the pope, who through the ages have even butchered Christians! And even added a goddess - Mary, with just a helpless little baby Christ.

not even close

first Mary a Goddess:

Goddess?

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women. Lk 1:28

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!
Blessed art thou, and all generations shall call me blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could a goddess be faithful?

Lk 1: 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could a goddess be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

second
Mary a sinner?

Proving Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

Lk 1:28 Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women.

How can God fill a sinner with grace, and remain a sinner?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with sinner?
The lord is with thee!

How can sinner be blessed!

Lk 1: 43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

How can a sinner be the mother of God?

Lk 1: 45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

How could sinner be faithful?

How could a sinner magnify the Lord?

Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

How could sinner be humble?

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

How could sinner be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus in Her?

Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

How could sinner be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

Jn 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

How could sinner be our spiritual mother?

Lk 2:30 I have seen my salvation!

How could a sinner be the mother of our salvation?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

third

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

So Mary CANNOT be a sinner or a bad tree!

Sacred womb of Mary!

Isa 7:14 Theotokos the “God bearer”!

Sacred womb!
Blessed fruit of her womb!

Matt 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Lk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

A sinner cannot have a sacred womb and be blessed and have a blessed fruit of her womb!

Only a good tree, a holy & immaculate tree can bear the good fruit who is God and our redemption and salvation!

Only a queen can bear a king!

The mother of the king is always a queen!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

fourth

peter

Jesus Christ is the rock of salvation!

Peter is the rock that the church is built on by Christ alone!

Lk 22
All apostles But Jesus prays for Peter alone

Jn 21:17 Peter entrusted with the flock or church

Only Peter and His successors have
Jurisdictional authority from Christ to govern the church!

Already acting in the person of Christ even acting as intermediary!

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself!

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the houser, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

It is Jesus Christ who identifies peter with himself! Matt 17:27

Jesus Christ gives the keys of the kingdom to peter matt 16:18-19 making him prime minister applying Isa 22:21-22 to peter

It’s Christ who does this

Why is the name of peter even mentioned?

Why does Christ change Peter’s name, God changing a persons name like Abram to Abraham or Jacob to Israel always signifies a mission or ministry!

Why does Christ give him the keys of jurisdictional authority that the prime minister holds under the king to administer the kingdom? Isa 22:21-22

How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

also have to explain
Isa 22:21-22 jurisdictional authority of the keys and called father
Matt 28:19 go teach baptize
Jn 20:21-23 same mission power and authority as christ
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 successors of Moses have the jurisdictional authority and the power to bind and loose which Christ says must be obeyed, then taken from them matt 21:43 given to Peter and the apostles and their successors

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Applies only to Peter as “prince of the apostles”!

Peter and his successors are the Leader of the apostles and the head of the church until Christ returns!

Matt 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter,

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: (plural Peter and his successors)
32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Lk 22:32 Christ prayed for Peter!

Peter is head of the church on earth in the place of Christ until His return!

Isa 22:21-22 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.

22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 23:1 power and authority of the kingdom known in the keys and binding and loosing, Matt 21:43 kingdom shall be taken from you given to another who will bear fruit. (Peter the apostles in holy church Lk 22:29)

Matt 17:27 Jesus identified peter with himself.

Matt 16:17 Peter alone received revelation from the Father

Lk 22:32 Peter to strengthen his brethren (the apostles)

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep

Peter exercises his authority over the apostles and the church!

Acts 1:15
Acts 3:4
Acts 5:5 5:10
Acts 15:7

ONLY TO PETER CHRIST SAID: THOU ART PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL BUILT MY CHURCH, AND THE GATES OF HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT!Matt 16:18

Peter is the prime minister, father, and head of the church on earth until Christ returns Isa 22:21-22

Seat of peter remains Until Christ returns

Matthew 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

4 important questions:

1) How do you govern the church and administer the kingdom with a confession?

2) How do you give jurisdictional authority to a confession? (Keys of the kingdom)

3) How do you give a confession the power to bind and loose?

4) why did Christ give the keys to Peter (and only to Peter) keys of jurisdictional authority. Isa 22:21-22 why even bother to mention Peter if he is not involved?

Explain Jn 20:21 Peter and the apostles and their successors have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! “As the father sent me, so I send you”!

Matt 28:19 christ communicates his authority to peter and the apostles to teach all nations, baptize all disciples!
Jn 20:21-23 apostles even have authority to forgive sins
Eph 2:20 church built on the apostles
Matt 23 the authority and power of the successors of Moses required to be obeyed are taken from them and given to Peter and the apostles

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not even close

first Mary a Goddess:

Goddess?

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women. Lk 1:28

How can a goddess be full of grace?
Hail Mary full of grace!

How can the Lord be with a goddess?
The lord is with thee!

How can a goddess be blessed!

How can a goddess be the mother of God?

How could a goddess be faithful?

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

How could a goddess glorify God or have a savior?

How could a goddess be humble?

How could a goddess be the immaculate conception and the have the Holy Spirit accomplish the Miraculous conception of Jesus?

How could a goddess be a perpetual Virgin bringing forth the savior of the world?

How could a goddess be our spiritual mother?

They renamed the goddess Venus to Mary, and Venus' child, Cupid, to Jesus to "Christianize" the pagans beliefs in a goddess and child. Jesus called this abomination of a goddess, Jezebel. Would Jesus call His own mother, Jezebel. You have turned Mary into a GODDESS.

Immaculate Conception, Roman Catholic dogma asserting that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was preserved free from the effects of the sin of Adam (usually referred to as “original sin”) from the first instant of her conception.

Here is the Rosary. Look at all the Hail Mary's! And you don't believe your church hasn't turned her into more important than Jesus? The RCC has her as "our hope" and "advocate" which ONLY belongs to Jesus. 1 John 2:1. Look at the last line of this below: The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth. WHERE IS THAT IN THE BIBLE?

How to recite the Holy Rosary
1. SAY THESE PRAYERS...
IN THE NAME of the Father, and of the
Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. (As you
say this, with your right hand touch your
forehead when you say Father, touch your
breastbone when you say Son, touch your
left shoulder when you say Holy, and touch
your right shoulder when you say Spirit.)
I BELIEVE IN GOD, the Father almighty,
Creator of Heaven and earth. And in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate;
was crucified, died, and was buried. He
descended into Hell. The third day He rose
again from the dead. He ascended into
Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God,
the Father almighty. He shall come again to
judge the living and the dead. I believe in
the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints, the forgiveness of
sins, the resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.
OUR FATHER, Who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name. Thy kingdom
come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in
Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us
not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.
HAIL MARY, full of grace, the Lord is
with thee. Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us
sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
GLORY BE to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the
beginning is now, and ever shall be, world
without end. Amen.
O MY JESUS, forgive us our sins, save us
from the fires of Hell; lead all souls to
Heaven, especially those in most need of
Thy mercy. Amen.
HAIL HOLY QUEEN, mother of mercy;
our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To
thee do we cry, poor banished children of
Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine
eyes of mercy toward us. And after this, our
exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy
womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet
Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of
God, that we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ. Amen.
O GOD, WHOSE only-begotten Son by
His life, death and resurrection, has
purchased for us the rewards of eternal life;
grant, we beseech Thee, that by meditating
upon these mysteries of the Most Holy
Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may
imitate what they contain and obtain what
they promise, through the same Christ our
Lord. Amen.
ANNOUNCE each mystery by saying
something like, “The third Joyful Mystery is
the Birth of Our Lord.” This is required only
when saying the Rosary in a group.
2. IN THIS ORDER...
INTRODUCTION
1. IN THE NAME...
2. I BELIEVE IN GOD...
3. OUR FATHER...
4. HAIL MARY...
5. HAIL MARY...
6. HAIL MARY...
7. GLORY BE...
8. O MY JESUS...
THE FIRST DECADE
9. ANNOUNCE...
10. OUR FATHER...
11. HAIL MARY...
12. HAIL MARY...
13. HAIL MARY...
14. HAIL MARY...
15. HAIL MARY...
16. HAIL MARY...
17. HAIL MARY...
18. HAIL MARY...
19. HAIL MARY...
20. HAIL MARY...
21. GLORY BE...
22. O MY JESUS...
THE SECOND DECADE
23. ANNOUNCE...
24. OUR FATHER...
25. HAIL MARY...
26. HAIL MARY...
27. HAIL MARY...
28. HAIL MARY...
29. HAIL MARY...
30. HAIL MARY...
31. HAIL MARY...
32. HAIL MARY...
33. HAIL MARY...
34. HAIL MARY...
35. GLORY BE...
36. O MY JESUS...
THE THIRD DECADE
37. ANNOUNCE...
38. OUR FATHER...
39. HAIL MARY...
40. HAIL MARY...
41. HAIL MARY...
42. HAIL MARY...
43. HAIL MARY...
44. HAIL MARY...
45. HAIL MARY...
46. HAIL MARY...
47. HAIL MARY...
48. HAIL MARY...
49. GLORY BE...
50. O MY JESUS...
THE FOURTH DECADE
51. ANNOUNCE...
52. OUR FATHER...
53. HAIL MARY...
54. HAIL MARY...
55. HAIL MARY...
56. HAIL MARY...
57. HAIL MARY...
58. HAIL MARY...
59. HAIL MARY...
60. HAIL MARY...
61. HAIL MARY...
62. HAIL MARY...
63. GLORY BE...
64. O MY JESUS...
THE FIFTH DECADE
65. ANNOUNCE...
66. OUR FATHER...
67. HAIL MARY...
68. HAIL MARY...
69. HAIL MARY...
70. HAIL MARY...
71. HAIL MARY...
72. HAIL MARY...
73. HAIL MARY...
74. HAIL MARY...
75. HAIL MARY...
76. HAIL MARY...
77. GLORY BE...
78. O MY JESUS...
CONCLUSION
79. HAIL HOLY QUEEN...
80. O GOD, WHOSE...
81. IN THE NAME...
3. WHILE TOUCHING THESE BEADS TO
KEEP TRACK OF YOUR PROGRESS...
4. AND SILENTLY MEDITATING ON THESE “MYSTERIES”,
OR EVENTS FROM THE LIVES OF JESUS AND MARY...
On Monday and Saturday, meditate on the “Joyful Mysteries”
First Decade (Steps 9-22): The Annunciation of Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1:26-38)
Second Decade (Steps 23-36): The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth (Luke 1:39-56)
Third Decade (Steps 37-50): The Birth of Our Lord (Luke 2:1-21)
Fourth Decade (Steps 51-64): The Presentation of Our Lord (Luke 2:22-38)
Fifth Decade (Steps 65-78): The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple (Luke 2:41-52)
On Thursday, meditate on the “Luminous Mysteries”
First Decade: The Baptism of Our Lord in the River Jordan (Matthew 3:13-16)
Second Decade: The Wedding at Cana, when Christ manifested Himself (Jn 2:1-11)
Third Decade: The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:14-15)
Fourth Decade: The Transfiguration of Our Lord (Matthew 17:1-8)
Fifth Decade: The Last Supper, when Our Lord gave us the Holy Eucharist (Mt 26)
On Tuesday and Friday, meditate on the “Sorrowful Mysteries”
First Decade: The Agony of Our Lord in the Garden (Matthew 26:36-56)
Second Decade: Our Lord is Scourged at the Pillar (Matthew 27:26)
Third Decade: Our Lord is Crowned with Thorns (Matthew 27:27-31)
Fourth Decade: Our Lord Carries the Cross to Calvary (Matthew 27:32)
Fifth Decade: The Crucifixion of Our Lord (Matthew 27:33-56)
On Wednesday and Sunday, meditate on the “Glorious Mysteries”
First Decade: The Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord (John 20:1-29)
Second Decade: The Ascension of Our Lord (Luke 24:36-53)
Third Decade: The Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-41)
Fourth Decade: The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
Fifth Decade: The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
They renamed the goddess Venus to Mary, and Venus' child, Cupid, to Jesus to "Christianize" the pagans beliefs in a goddess and child. Jesus called this abomination of a goddess, Jezebel. Would Jesus call His own mother, Jezebel. You have turned Mary into a GODDESS.

Immaculate Conception, Roman Catholic dogma asserting that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was preserved free from the effects of the sin of Adam (usually referred to as “original sin”) from the first instant of her conception.

Here is the Rosary. Look at all the Hail Mary's! And you don't believe your church hasn't turned her into more important than Jesus? The RCC has her as "our hope" and "advocate" which ONLY belongs to Jesus. 1 John 2:1. Look at the last line of this below: The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth. WHERE IS THAT IN THE BIBLE?

1. SAY THESE PRAYERS...
everlasting. Amen.
Amen.
Amen.
without end. Amen.
Thy mercy. Amen.
Lord. Amen.
2. IN THIS ORDER...
INTRODUCTION
1. IN THE NAME...
2. I BELIEVE IN GOD...
3. OUR FATHER...
4. HAIL MARY...
5. HAIL MARY...
6. HAIL MARY...
7. GLORY BE...
8. O MY JESUS...
THE FIRST DECADE
9. ANNOUNCE...
10. OUR FATHER...
11. HAIL MARY...
12. HAIL MARY...
13. HAIL MARY...
14. HAIL MARY...
15. HAIL MARY...
16. HAIL MARY...
17. HAIL MARY...
18. HAIL MARY...
19. HAIL MARY...
20. HAIL MARY...
21. GLORY BE...
22. O MY JESUS...
THE SECOND DECADE
23. ANNOUNCE...
24. OUR FATHER...
25. HAIL MARY...
26. HAIL MARY...
27. HAIL MARY...
28. HAIL MARY...
29. HAIL MARY...
30. HAIL MARY...
31. HAIL MARY...
32. HAIL MARY...
33. HAIL MARY...
34. HAIL MARY...
35. GLORY BE...
36. O MY JESUS...
THE THIRD DECADE
37. ANNOUNCE...
38. OUR FATHER...
39. HAIL MARY...
40. HAIL MARY...
41. HAIL MARY...
42. HAIL MARY...
43. HAIL MARY...
44. HAIL MARY...
45. HAIL MARY...
46. HAIL MARY...
47. HAIL MARY...
48. HAIL MARY...
49. GLORY BE...
50. O MY JESUS...
THE FOURTH DECADE
51. ANNOUNCE...
52. OUR FATHER...
53. HAIL MARY...
54. HAIL MARY...
55. HAIL MARY...
56. HAIL MARY...
57. HAIL MARY...
58. HAIL MARY...
59. HAIL MARY...
60. HAIL MARY...
61. HAIL MARY...
62. HAIL MARY...
63. GLORY BE...
64. O MY JESUS...
THE FIFTH DECADE
65. ANNOUNCE...
66. OUR FATHER...
67. HAIL MARY...
68. HAIL MARY...
69. HAIL MARY...
70. HAIL MARY...
71. HAIL MARY...
72. HAIL MARY...
73. HAIL MARY...
74. HAIL MARY...
75. HAIL MARY...
76. HAIL MARY...
77. GLORY BE...
78. O MY JESUS...
CONCLUSION
79. HAIL HOLY QUEEN...
80. O GOD, WHOSE...
81. IN THE NAME...
Fifth Decade (Steps 65-78): The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple (Luke 2:41-52)
@1stCenturyLady Yes, sad. Good to get back to Scripture simplicity...

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. SAY THESE PRAYERS...
everlasting. Amen.
Amen.
Amen.
without end. Amen.
Thy mercy. Amen.
Lord. Amen.
2. IN THIS ORDER...
INTRODUCTION
1. IN THE NAME...
2. I BELIEVE IN GOD...
3. OUR FATHER...
4. HAIL MARY...
5. HAIL MARY...
6. HAIL MARY...
7. GLORY BE...
8. O MY JESUS...
THE FIRST DECADE
9. ANNOUNCE...
10. OUR FATHER...
11. HAIL MARY...
12. HAIL MARY...
13. HAIL MARY...
14. HAIL MARY...
15. HAIL MARY...
16. HAIL MARY...
17. HAIL MARY...
18. HAIL MARY...
19. HAIL MARY...
20. HAIL MARY...
21. GLORY BE...
22. O MY JESUS...
THE SECOND DECADE
23. ANNOUNCE...
24. OUR FATHER...
25. HAIL MARY...
26. HAIL MARY...
27. HAIL MARY...
28. HAIL MARY...
29. HAIL MARY...
30. HAIL MARY...
31. HAIL MARY...
32. HAIL MARY...
33. HAIL MARY...
34. HAIL MARY...
35. GLORY BE...
36. O MY JESUS...
THE THIRD DECADE
37. ANNOUNCE...
38. OUR FATHER...
39. HAIL MARY...
40. HAIL MARY...
41. HAIL MARY...
42. HAIL MARY...
43. HAIL MARY...
44. HAIL MARY...
45. HAIL MARY...
46. HAIL MARY...
47. HAIL MARY...
48. HAIL MARY...
49. GLORY BE...
50. O MY JESUS...
THE FOURTH DECADE
51. ANNOUNCE...
52. OUR FATHER...
53. HAIL MARY...
54. HAIL MARY...
55. HAIL MARY...
56. HAIL MARY...
57. HAIL MARY...
58. HAIL MARY...
59. HAIL MARY...
60. HAIL MARY...
61. HAIL MARY...
62. HAIL MARY...
63. GLORY BE...
64. O MY JESUS...
THE FIFTH DECADE
65. ANNOUNCE...
66. OUR FATHER...
67. HAIL MARY...
68. HAIL MARY...
69. HAIL MARY...
70. HAIL MARY...
71. HAIL MARY...
72. HAIL MARY...
73. HAIL MARY...
74. HAIL MARY...
75. HAIL MARY...
76. HAIL MARY...
77. GLORY BE...
78. O MY JESUS...
CONCLUSION
79. HAIL HOLY QUEEN...
80. O GOD, WHOSE...
81. IN THE NAME...

Great post!

It is astonishing to me that the Catholic church has so distorted the truths of the Bible to come up with this kind of robotic repetition, among other non-Biblical nonsense. In fact, I would even categorize it as being as far from truths of the New Covenant as Judaism is.

The categorization of Mary as "Queen of Heaven and Earth" is blasphemy. In addition, the non-Biblical offices of the clergy, the ornate theatrical rituals (reminiscent of the OT priesthood), the confession of sins to a "father" who has the power to absolve the sinner of wrongdoing by repetition of "Hail Marys", and perhaps worst of all, claiming that the Catholic denomination is "the one true church" border on religious obscenity.

Reactions: Pearl