Who is beezabul

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beelzebub or Beelzebul is a name derived from a Philistine god, formerly worshipped in Ekron, and later adopted by some Abrahamic religions as a major demon.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beelzebub or Beelzebul is a name derived from a Philistine god, formerly worshipped in Ekron, and later adopted by some Abrahamic religions as a major demon.

Interesting, I always thought it was just another name for the devil. But angels have names, so obviously so do fallen angels, though I bet they have been changed to remove the el at the end regarding God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jennifer

"But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you." Matt 12-24-28

Reactions: Helen and DNB

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews were making fun of the idolatry involved too since the word means "lord of the flies." That's certainly not the Philistines called it. The name is probably comparing Baal to a pile of dung and to his followers as flies.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry..what is a beezabul in the Bible? Is it the devil?

aaobama+picture.jpg

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Kings 1:2,3,6,16
1:2. Now Ahaziah had fallen through the lattice of his upper room in Samaria and injured himself. So he sent messengers, saying to them,
"Go and consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron, to see if I will recover from this injury."
3. But the angel of the LORD said to Elijah the Tishbite, "Go up and meet the messengers of the king of Samaria and ask them,
'Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are going off to consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?'
6. "A man came to meet us," they replied. "And he said to us, 'Go back to the king who sent you and tell him,
"This is what the LORD says: Is it because there is no God in Israel that you are sending men to consult Baal-Zebub, the god of Ekron?
Therefore you will not leave the bed you are lying on. You will certainly die!"'"
16. He told the king,
"This is what the LORD says: Is it because there is no God in Israel for you to consult that you have sent messengers to consult Baal-Zebub,
the god of Ekron? Because you have done this, you will never leave the bed you are lying on. You will certainly die!"

Matthew 12:24-28
12:24. But when the Pharisees heard this, they said, "It is only by Beelzebub, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons." 25. Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? 27. And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. 28. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Matthew 10:25-25
10:25. It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebub, how much more the members of his household!

Mark 3:22-26
3:22. And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, "He is possessed by Beelzebub! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons." 23. So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables: "How can Satan drive out Satan? 24. If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. 26. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come.

Luke 11:15-19
11:15. But some of them said, "By Beelzebub, the prince of demons, he is driving out demons." 16. Others tested him by asking for a sign from heaven. 17. Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall. 18. If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand? I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebub. 19. Now if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your followers drive them out? So then, they will be your judges.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually, he was referred to as "The prince of Devils" in some Jewish circles.
Beelzebub (seen in both Testaments) is just another name for Satan as we see in the New Testament. He is indeed the prince of demons, as well as the king over all evil spirits within the Kingdom of Darkness ("the prince of the power of the air"). Those who favor the modern versions also favor the incorrect reading of Beelzebul.