WHO IS GOD.................?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@BARNEY BRIGHT was speaking of “Trinity DOCTRINE”.

I have NO issue with the Word “trinity”... Three are one United.

I do NOT however carte’ blanch subscribe to the Doctrinal Teaching, that is more in-depth and more specific by observing the Historic sketch of the “shield of the Trinity” (anciently devised by Celtics interlocking three fish shapes ... AND the Celtics devising that sketch, called Heretics) yet modernized VIA Catholics making THEIR Sketch and ADDING their WORDS to the rendition of the sketch...is Catholic approved, thus NOT heretical!
Father IS NOT.
Son IS NOT.
Holy Spirit IS NOT.

It’s a hocus pocus stand off, AMONG MEN, trying to DEFINE God.
Gods Word, Gods Will, Gods Power is IN GOD, OF GOD, IS GOD, Comes Forth OUT FROM GOD, REMAINS IN GOD, regardless of HOW or WHAT men, try to dice, slice, separate, proclaim the Essence of The Lord God Almighty.

“A hocus pocus standoff” - now that captured my attention.

A saying that unique deserves musical accompaniment to memorialize it.

I give you from 1973, “Hocus Pocus,” by a group called Focus.

When I listen to music, I hear theology.

From now on, whenever I hear that piece I’ll be reminded of the “hocus pocus standoff”.

You made a lasting impression on me.

Reactions: Taken and L.A.M.B.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t agree with your statement, and that is reflected by my continued participation in the discussion. I believe that, when done properly, it produces a win-win situation.

Why do you continue to participate in discussions which you believe are “futile, a no win situation”?

I’m just curious.

Well maybe futile is too absolute of a word to use. When I think it is not possible for me to change a person's view no matter what, the work of the Holy Spirit does not go out void. And even if you aren't persuaded, the message/debate is heard by other Trinitarians and so is a reinforcement of our theology. I don't always use the same arguments , I try to present it differently. So I guess I'll retract futility. I got up this morning at 4am. Normally, I'll go back to sleep, but I was nudged by the Spirit to open our conversation, my last post in your other thread, "Who is Jesus to the Non-Trinitarian"

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Well maybe futile is too absolute of a word to use. When I think it is not possible for me to change a person's view no matter what, the work of the Holy Spirit does not go out void. And even if you aren't persuaded, the message/debate is heard by other Trinitarians and so is a reinforcement of our theology. I don't always use the same arguments , I try to present it differently. So I guess I'll retract futility. I got up this morning at 4am. Normally, I'll go back to sleep, but I was nudged by the Spirit to open our conversation, my last post in your other thread, "Who is Jesus to the Non-Trinitarian"

Thanks. That makes sense to me and satisfies my curiosity.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Focus drummer is awesome!.
I like the song,never heard it before and I was born in '57.