WHO IS GOD.................?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
As is the belief of Unitarianism .
God spoke confirming that Jesus was his Son, Jesus said that he would send the Spirit and in the great commision told us to baptise in the name of the Fathr, Son and Spirit.
You are holding to unbiblical beliefs.

By definition and by practice, a person whose God is only one person is a unitarian.

Observant Jews, unless and until they convert, are unitarians.

DanielConway

May 8, 2022
columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.
3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
The Son Superior to Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father” ? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son” ?
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.”
7 In speaking of the angels he says, “He makes his angels spirits, and his servants flames of fire.”
8 But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.

These words were written by an expert in the old testament, the sort of thing you anti-trinitarians fancy yourselves to be (in your wildest dreams of intellectual sufficiency) to the Hebrew community, just about all of whom could quote the kagrram to you from beginning to end. If you can take the tar pitch off your retinas and read it unfiltered by your "cults" factory rebuild blindfilters you might have some hope of actually attaining unto a saving faith. I certainly will pray that you will. All of us will.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again as I have stated many many times by the word; The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God all three are but one God.

God makes it plain in his word that he is ALL to his creation; their creator, their saviour and their teacher & guide. He cannot be separated into 3 different individual people or beings. HE IS THE ONE GOD WE SERVE ! Jesus said the Father and I are one, the Holy Spirit of God speaks of his supreme DIETY and being and instruct in his word.

God has dealt with man since the garden when HE would come down in the cool of the evening to commune with Adam, ONE GOD ! NOT multiple nor visitorS but one God.

Abraham was visited by One God coming with an angel. Jacob wrestled with God. The Jews were led by God, even in their rebellion ! One God came as flesh and dwelt among man to the salvation of our souls. One God sent us HIS SPIRIT to lead us thru the word until the end to secure our eternal life.

One God, but NEVER deny his deity for one God has the power to convict any to the LOF for all eternity.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As is the belief of Unitarianism .
God spoke confirming that Jesus was his Son, Jesus said that he would send the Spirit and in the great commision told us to baptise in the name of the Fathr, Son and Spirit.
You are holding to unbiblical beliefs.

How so ?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is 48:
12 “Listen to Me, O Jacob,
And Israel, My called:
I am He, I am the First,
I am also the Last.
13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth,
And My right hand has stretched out the heavens;
When I call to them,
They stand up together.

14 “All of you, assemble yourselves, and hear!
Who among them has declared these things?
The Lord loves him;
He shall do His pleasure on Babylon,
And His arm shall be against the Chaldeans.
15 I, even I, have spoken;
Yes, I have called him,
I have brought him, and his way will prosper.

16 “Come near to Me, hear this:
I have not spoken in secret from the beginning;
From the time that it was, I was there.

And now the Lord God and His Spirit
Have sent Me.”

Who is the God of Israel who was sent by the lord God (father) and his spirit

Reactions: farouk and TLHKAJ

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who is God?

Let me change this question for a reason. God is not a title that needs filling, a straw man that something will fill.
Look at peoples religions. They are trying to make sense of origins, what was the prime mover who caused them to be.

The Lord came as a revelation to disclose Himself to mankind through Israel. So it is not defining God that you find the Lord, but by experiencing and seeing Him work you realise who His is and whether the term God begins to encompass what you find.

The Lord does not advertise Himself, or because He speaks He expects others to listen. He rather wants to be discovered and the truths of life be found and expressed and there be a coming together of minds.

As a young man I heard many people say if God reveals Himself to me, I will believe He exists. Ironically this is not very self aware or even the same kind of language the Lord acknowledges.

Some think that because they can say certain things about the Lord they know Him. But people know certain facts about me, but do not know me. There is a large difference between facts of an individual and actual one to one interaction.

Jesus describes knowing God is a growing experience, a transformation of oneself into something different, so the person who first encounters the Lord is not the same person who walks with Him. So there is a strange paradox of windows of perception and perspective, that shift as we grow, so nothing is objective or static, but as a child learns it changes.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is God?

Let me change this question for a reason. God is not a title that needs

filling, a straw man that something will fill.
Look at peoples religions. They are trying to make sense of origins, what was the prime mover who caused them to be.

The Lord came as a revelation to disclose Himself to mankind through Israel. So it is not defining God that you find the Lord, but by experiencing and seeing Him work you realise who His is and whether the term God begins to encompass what you find.

The Lord does not advertise Himself, or because He speaks He expects others to listen. He rather wants to be discovered and the truths of life be found and expressed and there be a coming together of minds.

As a young man I heard many people say if God reveals Himself to me, I will believe He exists. Ironically this is not very self aware or even the same kind of language the Lord acknowledges.

Some think that because they can say certain things about the Lord they know Him. But people know certain facts about me, but do not know me. There is a large difference between facts of an individual and actual one to one interaction.

Jesus describes knowing God is a growing experience, a transformation of oneself into something different, so the person who first encounters the Lord is not the same person who walks with Him. So there is a strange paradox of windows of perception and perspective, that shift as we grow, so nothing is objective or static, but as a child learns it changes.

I'm sorry but this is just a bunch of jumbled up words that make no sense to me.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Once again as I have stated many many times by the word; The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God all three are but one God.

God makes it plain in his word that he is ALL to his creation; their creator, their saviour and their teacher & guide. He cannot be separated into 3 different individual people or beings. HE IS THE ONE GOD WE SERVE ! Jesus said the Father and I are one, the Holy Spirit of God speaks of his supreme DIETY and being and instruct in his word.

God has dealt with man since the garden when HE would come down in the cool of the evening to commune with Adam, ONE GOD ! NOT multiple nor visitorS but one God.

Abraham was visited by One God coming with an angel. Jacob wrestled with God. The Jews were led by God, even in their rebellion ! One God came as flesh and dwelt among man to the salvation of our souls. One God sent us HIS SPIRIT to lead us thru the word until the end to secure our eternal life.

One God, but NEVER deny his deity for one God has the power to convict any to the LOF for all eternity.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Scripture is full of One God in Three Persons, most gloriously......

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry but this is just a bunch of jumbled up words that make no sense to me.

There is something that obviously is different between us.
What type of person am I? What makes me happy or sad? What do I approve of or serious dislike?

WalkInLight is my name here, but does this label describe me or is it just the start of an interaction.

In a conversation at the end of series of sentences you get the gist of what someone is saying.
We jump to initial judgements and understanding all the time, and think things are limited to our past
experiences, when actually each interaction changes us and opens up new doors we can go down or keep closed.

So using the word God, has meanings behind it that might refer to Jesus and the Father or to the buddhist idea
of Nivana, or an over bearing judgementalist, or an open accepting loving being who will turn all to His way and will.

I have had people suggest my experiences with Jesus were satanic, while others felt I met Jesus and His heart.
So at a distance the label God seems generic, but when you get closer and see the varied ways people see this one
word, you realise it is much more personal and complex.

I have also met believers who want Jesus in only one view, and suggesting other aspects are so challenging that they
have simply to push others away.

The Lord has opened up my heart to see often things are more involved and subtle that there is no clear way through
other than for the believer to grow in love and understanding of their own history and hidden hurts and blocks which
change what they can handle and what Jesus's overflowing love in the cross, can really set them free.

God bless you

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Having a God himself, if the question was put to the Messiah, who would he say God is?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
we believe in the divinity of Christ and the trinity as found in the valid creeds

The creeds are only valid if they are supported by scripture.

This thread is about uninitarianism, which has its own false creed which is not supported by scripture.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Because while god is one he is also three.
re read the baptismal accounts of Jesus being baptised.

You have Jesus physically there, you have God the Father speaking from Heaven and the Spirit descending on Jesus. The three elements of the trinity all prescent at the same time.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about who God is, not who we think he is.

Unitiarianism ?
I think not. There is one God, he himself has said such throughout the Word. Jesus said I and the Father are one, the Holy Spirit is God's spirit !

I love the baptismal scene for it shows the FULLNESS of God; the flesh, Jesus, when God dwelt among man, born of man, yet God. The voice, the authority and power of God, and the dove as the Spirit of God. Not three gods but one God manifested in all his glory among lowly mem, whom he loved and had a plan to redeem from the sins of the corrupted clay into joint heirs with him for eternity.

Why would you suppose that God did not show an image of himself when the voice spake........he did in the person of Jesus. Why a dove to light upon as the Spirit, why not a ghostly veil covering Jesus?

You FIND these answers !

God is one God who manifests himself in three parts that bear record in heaven, just as man was created in his image.
1 John 5:5-8 ( cxt)

I am not 10 ppl as per my personality but one. Ponder this.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
This thread is about who God is, not who we think he is.

Unitiarianism ?
I think not. There is one God, he himself has said such throughout the Word. Jesus said I and the Father are one, the Holy Spirit is God's spirit !

I love the baptismal scene for it shows the FULLNESS of God; the flesh, Jesus, when God dwelt among man, born of man, yet God. The voice, the authority and power of God, and the dove as the Spirit of God. Not three gods but one God manifested in all his glory among lowly mem, whom he loved and had a plan to redeem from the sins of the corrupted clay into joint heirs with him for eternity.

Why would you suppose that God did not show an image of himself when the voice spake........he did in the person of Jesus. Why a dove to light upon as the Spirit, why not a ghostly veil covering Jesus?

You FIND these answers !

God is one God who manifests himself in three parts that bear record in heaven, just as man was created in his image.
1 John 5:5-8 ( cxt)

I am not 10 ppl as per my personality but one. Ponder this.
One God, but three Persons; all three have personalities, demonstrable from Scripture.

The Father loves, the Son obeys, the Holy Spirit can be grieved, etc.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The creeds are only valid if they are supported by scripture.

This thread is about uninitarianism, which has its own false creed which is not supported by scripture.

What is the creed of unitarianism? Please quote it for me.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Having a God himself, if the question was put to the Messiah, who would he say God is?

The Father.

The Messiah himself is by definition and practice a unitarian.

His unitarian creed is found in scripture. His unitarian creed is scripture.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some vex my soul.........

So I give up on you.......

There is ONE GOD........
He cannot be three PERSONS, even as ONE....... HE IS NOT A PERSON !

You bring God down to your level instead of trying to gain up to his level.

Believe whatever you choose, for that is what you will give an answer. FOR....YOUR CHOICE !

Last edited:

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Some vex my soul.........

So I give up on you.......

There is ONE GOD........
He cannot be three PERSONS, even as ONE....... HE IS NOT A PERSON !

You bring God down to your level instead of trying to gain his level.

Believe whatever you choose,for that is what you will give an answer.....YOUR CHOICE !

A person is a term often used to describe humanity self awareness and ability to objectify themselves and others.
It appears the Lord, Jesus and the Holy Spirit can do this, and we gain this from them in creation.

In one sense God has created us in His image, and exalted us above every other creature to a unique equality
with Him. That is what is so stunning with Jesus calling us friends and reigning with Him on His throne.

So Jesus has literally lifted us up out of death to eternal life with Him.

God bless you

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!
Interesting isn't it, that the "Catholic faith" likes to speak about Christ's suffering, His exemplary life, His birth and resurrection, and the need for having faith in those things, but not one word about having faith in the shed blood and death of Christ.