WHO IS GOD.................?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have heard that there are five creeds but don’t know what they are, most likely named after a church father

How about - from the Council of Chalcedon (in modern day Turkey, in 451 A.D.) - the Chalcedonian Creed?

400+ years after the Acts 2 historical event?

The early Church didn’t know anything about it. It’s far removed from the Christianity they knew and lived.

Christianity Board, by policy, neither affirms it nor opposes it. The policy is silent about it.

You enjoin it on Christians. The early Church didn’t. Christianity Board doesn’t.

Just as with the other creeds we’ve discussed, it doesn’t define what a Christian must believe.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
edification of faith!
The great story of susana!

faith and trust in God!

You might as well say what’s so great about the book of Esther?

scripture matters

all scripture is inspired remember

In keeping with the topic of this thread, what would Protestantism “throwing away” (I’m trying to think of it from a Catholic perspective) Daniel 13 and 14 cause Protestants to give an explanation of “Who God is” that differs from a Catholic explanation of “Who God is”?

What essential information about God is lost to the world if Daniel 13 and 14 didn’t exist?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about - from the Council of Chalcedon (in modern day Turkey, in 451 A.D.) - the Chalcedonian Creed?

400+ years after the Acts 2 historical event?

The early Church didn’t know anything about it. It’s far removed from the Christianity they knew and lived.

Christianity Board, by policy, neither affirms it nor opposes it. The policy is silent about it.

You enjoin it on Christians. The early Church didn’t. Christianity Board doesn’t.

Just as with the other creeds we’ve discussed, it doesn’t define what a Christian must believe.

there is only one faith eph 4:5 for all Christians at all times

The early church believed the assumption and there was even annual feast on aug. 15 every year even though it was not defined till 1950

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In keeping with the topic of this thread, what would Protestantism “throwing away” (I’m trying to think of it from a Catholic perspective) Daniel 13 and 14 cause Protestants to give an explanation of “Who God is” that differs from a Catholic explanation of “Who God is”?

What essential information about God is lost to the world if Daniel 13 and 14 didn’t exist?

they thru out 2 mac maccabees 12:46 all of maccabees

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
they thru out 2 mac maccabees 12:46 all of maccabees

It’s a Jewish writing. Written by Jews for Jews. Let’s assume, just for the sake of discussion, that “all of Maccabees” never existed.

What essential would be lost in knowing “Who God is”?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
there is only one faith eph 4:5 for all Christians at all times

That one faith would be the one Christians believed in the 1st century: pre-Apostles’ Creed, pre-Nicene Creed, pre- Athanasian Creed, pre-Chalcedonian Creed, pre-all of the post-biblical creeds.

The early church believed the assumption and there was even annual feast on aug. 15 every year even though it was not defined till 1950

You’re speaking about the Assumption of Mary. No one in the 1st century is talking about that.

I don’t know when the historical Mary died but it certainly would have been some time in the 1st century.

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

That was done in the 1st century.

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Just as Christ and God are one.

Reactions: tigger 2

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The silence of God.
In our discussions regarding the Godhead, the one thing we need to remember is that there cannot be found in Scripture any explanation of how the Father, Son and Holy Spirit have their existence together. This is why we should be very guarded not to make any attempt to explain it - even though each of the three divine personalities of the Godhead can properly be termed ‘God’. In other words, although it may appear evident – also only common sense - to say that all three share a certain unity of being, nowhere in the Scriptures is this explained. This is why any conclusions that are drawn concerning this matter, even though they may be said to be based upon what the Scriptures reveal, will only be speculation. Putting this in another way – any explanation given regarding the ontological relationship (the nature of being) that exists between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit will always need to be assumed. This is why the trinity doctrine - the teaching that says all three divine personalities exist inseparably together in one substance as the ‘one immortal God’ - is only an assumed doctrine. This is why discussion regarding this issue will often end in difference of opinion and division. It is simply that ‘things not revealed’ are being debated.

Terry Hill.

All what was said here just tells me a person should assume the trinity is true and not be based on biblical evidence, and yet so many trinitarians tell me a person has to believe the trinity doctrine is true or they will not be saved. I'm not going to make assumptions of what saves a person . Salvation isn't based on anyone assuming anything, it's based on biblical evidence. I see no biblical evidence of the trinity doctrine.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO IS GOD.................?
OP ^

There are many gods.
If I may presume, you are asking:
WHO IS, the Lord God Almighty;

My answer is: My Creator, Maker and Master.
Which parallels:

Lord...........Maker.....Word
God...........Creator....Will
Almighty....Master.....Power

One Word, One Will, One Power...
of One God, always His Word, His Will, His Power in Agreement.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a Jewish writing. Written by Jews for Jews. Let’s assume, just for the sake of discussion, that “all of Maccabees” never existed.

What essential would be lost in knowing “Who God is”?

scripture is more that just knowledge about the nature of God

Reactions: Matthias

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like an overtly ignorant question right?

We can read in the Old Teatament about the God of the Hebrews, from Noah upwards for about 4000 years. The descendants of Adam through Abraham of whom God made promise to build nations and in his seed should all the nations be blessed bc he had obeyed the voice of God.

This is God, the creator of all things heavenly and earthly; the great " I am, that I am".

Prophecy of old was told unto the Hebrews of a coming of God to dwell among them, born of a virgin; born of the Spirit and born of man.

He would be a saviour; a redeemer unto Gods ppl. Israel had a HABIT of serving God, then backsliding and serving other gods and themselves ! This caused God to repent that he had made man in his image to love and worship himself.

Instead of destroying all the earth with mankind again, God sent a one time final sacrifice for the sin debt of death unto man.
The Lamb of heaven slain before the foundations of the world. His Son, to be that propitiation for ANY & ALL who would believe on him!

After his mission being born from mankind to about 33 years of age, Jesus lay down his life that ALL mankind could have a relationship to God through the forgiveness of sins debt by the shed blood of the Son. He then returned to the Father in heaven from where he descended down from; WHO IS JESUS ? WHY WOULD HE BE IN HEAVEN? IS HE A DEMI- GOD OR GOD HIMSELF?

When Jesus ascended back to the Father in heaven, he told his disciples not to be sorrowful but that he had prayed and asked the Father to send them another comforter, the Holy Ghost.

Who is the Holy Ghost ? IS HE GOD ? We are told his functions in the church. We are told of his fruit that will change the character of God's children into holiness and righteousness.

I pray we can discuss this very controversial topic as adults within the doctrines of the scriptures. Jesus said to the Pharisees that ye study the scriptures and yet you dont know me. They tell of him.

Let us use the word to vet our beliefs & doctrines in context. The word of God is our standard for living by its precepts, its practices, and its commands & doctrine.

Thank you all.
I agree with your premise, the Triune God. But you certainly opened up a can of worms. On one hand The non-trinitarians rebut your view, on the other hand The Catholics will have their view. This is a futile discussion, a no win situation.
> You finished your OP with a prayer to discuss this topic as adults and THEN one of the first rebuttals you answer with: "Catholism is heresy!" Wow. That us a strong condemnation of Christians ( currently over 1 billion) who have faith in Christ. Now I don't agree with some of their ways and beliefs, but they carried the Gospel since their beginnings and still do.
DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT ALL CATHOLICS A HERETICS? Your heart is not pure. You hold hatred and unforgiveness, and lack mercy. Snd that is not a judgment in my part, just a rebuke and conviction.
Believe I Jesus, that He died and rose from the dead on the third day a cording to the scriptures is what is required of us. That is what Jesus said. Believe! Faith is a gift and Jesus is the AUTHOR of our faith. There are varying degrees of faith. We start with little and grow as we feed ourselves on the Word and as the Holy Spirit transforms us into the likeness of Christ. The more we love others unselfishly, forgiving them their trespasses with mercy, the more we reflect Jesus. Do you think Mother Teresa was a heretic, evil? I of a heretic as someone working for Satan, going against Jesus, distortung the Word with the intent to leads others away from Christ and towards Hell. Maybe I'm wrong about that?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald,
Salvation is simplistic in its form but it came at a great price that NONE are worthy to bear, except God's Son.

The simplicity is that it isn't gained through rituals nor doctrine nor the traditions of man. It is simply a great gift of LOVE from a Father to his creation.

One he bestowed by his grace to those who could not redeem themselves at any cost nor by any means. The measure of faith given to every man, was given to be directed towards God. Faith is the substance of things HOPED FOR, BUT THE EVIDIENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN !

Can we touch a man, priest? Could Mother Teresa be held ? Does mankind hold any power within themselves to do good? Jesus said, there is none GOOD BUT GOD!

I do not know the intent or mind of a heart. I do know that Jesus said there would be many deceivers and that many would be deceived! Are you one ? Am I?

The heresy of false doctrine does not have man look to God to receive but rather to look to man to recieve from. There are many that curry man's favour rather than the Lord's.

I ask now in the spirit of humblness that any J. W. ,Morman, Catholic, SDA or any denominal affiliation that I have offended to forgive me my abruptness, my harshness or my condemnation, as I apologize for such.

We all are in the hands of a just, merciful loving God, to whom we owe all glory and honour !

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my own pov, I no longer will try and rectify the heresies,false doctrines, false prophets or false beliefs of others.
I will only that the Lord rebuke them by his word. His word is truth ,all else is a liar and belongs unto the evil father that spawned it in rebellion against God !

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see no biblical evidence of the trinity doctrine.
which Trinity doctrine in particular do you see no evidence for? Do you see evidence for the holy Spirit? So you see evidence for God the Father? Do you see evidence for His Son? Do you see evidence that any/all of these are independent persons of one another? And which ones? And do you see evidence that any/all share/exercise attributes normally reserved for God Himself?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald,
Salvation is simplistic in its form but it came at a great price that NONE are worthy to bear, except God's Son.

The simplicity is that it isn't gained through rituals nor doctrine nor the traditions of man. It is simply a great gift of LOVE from a Father to his creation.

(then all his creation are saved! Yahoo!)

One he bestowed by his grace to those who could not redeem themselves at any cost nor by any means. The measure of faith given to every man, was given to be directed towards God. Faith is the substance of things HOPED FOR, BUT THE EVIDIENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN !

Can we touch a man, priest? Could Mother Teresa be held ? Does mankind hold any power within themselves to do good? Jesus said, there is none GOOD BUT GOD!

I do not know the intent or mind of a heart. I do know that Jesus said there would be many deceivers and that many would be deceived! Are you one ? Am I?

The heresy of false doctrine does not have man look to God to receive but rather to look to man to recieve from. There are many that curry man's favour rather than the Lord's.

I ask now in the spirit of humblness that any J. W. ,Morman, Catholic, SDA or any denominal affiliation that I have offended to forgive me my abruptness, my harshness or my condemnation, as I apologize for such.

We all are in the hands of a just, merciful loving God, to whom we owe all glory and honour !

can you be saved without a priest?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
can you be saved without a priest?
KJV Acts 4:10-12
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

KJV Hebrews 4:14-16
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Acts 4:10-12
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

KJV Hebrews 4:14-16
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

that’s a No! Ok

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which Trinity doctrine in particular do you see no evidence for? Do you see evidence for the holy Spirit? So you see evidence for God the Father? Do you see evidence for His Son? Do you see evidence that any/all of these are independent persons of one another? And which ones? And do you see evidence that any/all share/exercise attributes normally reserved for God Himself?

The fact that you asked me, what Trinity doctrine I see no biblical evidence for, shows me that you understand that not all Trinitarians believe in the same Trinity doctrine, yet they all say, if you don't believe in their Trinity doctrine that they have defined, you will not be saved. The fact is there is, confusion among Trinitarians about what exactly is the definition of the Trinity doctrine, they don't all agree.

What I see in Scripture is biblical evidence at John 17:3 and John 20:17 that show that God and Jesus are not the same person but two separate persons. These scriptures not only show that Jesus has a Father and God but that person who is Jesus Christ Father and God is also the Father and God of Jesus Christ apostles and disciples. The person the Jews believed to be the only true God his name is YHWH. So Jesus isn't saying he's YHWH, he's saying that YHWH is his Father and God, so YHWH is the Father and God of Jesus Christ apostles and disciples.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@BARNEY BRIGHT was speaking of “Trinity DOCTRINE”.

I have NO issue with the Word “trinity”... Three are one United.

I do NOT however carte’ blanch subscribe to the Doctrinal Teaching, that is more in-depth and more specific by observing the Historic sketch of the “shield of the Trinity” (anciently devised by Celtics interlocking three fish shapes ... AND the Celtics devising that sketch, called Heretics) yet modernized VIA Catholics making THEIR Sketch and ADDING their WORDS to the rendition of the sketch...is Catholic approved, thus NOT heretical!
Father IS NOT.
Son IS NOT.
Holy Spirit IS NOT.

It’s a hocus pocus stand off, AMONG MEN, trying to DEFINE God.
Gods Word, Gods Will, Gods Power is IN GOD, OF GOD, IS GOD, Comes Forth OUT FROM GOD, REMAINS IN GOD, regardless of HOW or WHAT men, try to dice, slice, separate, proclaim the Essence of The Lord God Almighty.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is a futile discussion, a no win situation.

I don’t agree with your statement, and that is reflected by my continued participation in the discussion. I believe that, when done properly, it produces a win-win situation.

Why do you continue to participate in discussions which you believe are “futile, a no win situation”?

I’m just curious.