WHO IS GOD.................?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this really that hard to grasp ?

God Is the beginning...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................and the end !

Therefore he is ALL things.
Author & finisher of our faith.
Creator and healer of our bodies.
The breath of life unto the end of life.
Our hope, our cause,our way & our truth.

GOD IS....................
AND I'M DONE.

Thanks for your input.
Blessings of grace to all.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The silence of God.
In our discussions regarding the Godhead, the one thing we need to remember is that there cannot be found in Scripture any explanation of how the Father, Son and Holy Spirit have their existence together. This is why we should be very guarded not to make any attempt to explain it - even though each of the three divine personalities of the Godhead can properly be termed ‘God’. In other words, although it may appear evident – also only common sense - to say that all three share a certain unity of being, nowhere in the Scriptures is this explained. This is why any conclusions that are drawn concerning this matter, even though they may be said to be based upon what the Scriptures reveal, will only be speculation. Putting this in another way – any explanation given regarding the ontological relationship (the nature of being) that exists between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit will always need to be assumed. This is why the trinity doctrine - the teaching that says all three divine personalities exist inseparably together in one substance as the ‘one immortal God’ - is only an assumed doctrine. This is why discussion regarding this issue will often end in difference of opinion and division. It is simply that ‘things not revealed’ are being debated.

Terry Hill.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The silence of God.
In our discussions regarding the Godhead, the one thing we need to remember is that there cannot be found in Scripture any explanation of how the Father, Son and Holy Spirit have their existence together. This is why we should be very guarded not to make any attempt to explain it - even though each of the three divine personalities of the Godhead can properly be termed ‘God’. In other words, although it may appear evident – also only common sense - to say that all three share a certain unity of being, nowhere in the Scriptures is this explained. This is why any conclusions that are drawn concerning this matter, even though they may be said to be based upon what the Scriptures reveal, will only be speculation. Putting this in another way – any explanation given regarding the ontological relationship (the nature of being) that exists between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit will always need to be assumed. This is why the trinity doctrine - the teaching that says all three divine personalities exist inseparably together in one substance as the ‘one immortal God’ - is only an assumed doctrine. This is why discussion regarding this issue will often end in difference of opinion and division. It is simply that ‘things not revealed’ are being debated.

Terry Hill.

Thank you.
Very appropo and to this conclusion...........................................................................................the end !

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Some vex my soul.........

So I give up on you.......

There is ONE GOD........
He cannot be three PERSONS, even as ONE....... HE IS NOT A PERSON !

You bring God down to your level instead of trying to gain up to his level.

Believe whatever you choose, for that is what you will give an answer. FOR....YOUR CHOICE !
The Father loves, the Son obeys, the Holy Spirit can be grieved, etc. The Three Persons - in One God - have personalities in Scripture.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The creeds are only valid if they are supported by scripture.

This thread is about uninitarianism, which has its own false creed which is not supported by scripture.

the creeds are supported acts 2:42
Apostles creed
Nicene creed
Athanasius creed

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible yes the Bible alone apart from the teaching authority of Christ in his church no!
And all of the Bible not the heretical English Bible society’s 66 books
All books and all chapters
Ever read Dan 13?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting isn't it, that the "Catholic faith" likes to speak about Christ's suffering, His exemplary life, His birth and resurrection, and the need for having faith in those things, but not one word about having faith in the shed blood and death of Christ.

what is the mustery of faith?

does your church have priests who offer the holy sacrifice of Christ?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Question one) what is the mystery of faith?
Question two) rev. 11 shows an altar in the temple in heaven . Why!
What is an altar used for?
There's a mystery of faith?
There is no further sacrifice to be made on behalf of man. That would be the altar of incense that represents the prayers of God's people offered up in harmony with Christ's intercession.
The only sacrifice now is self sacrificing love.
KJV Romans 12:1
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a mystery of faith?
There is no further sacrifice to be made on behalf of man. That would be the altar of incense that represents the prayers of God's people offered up in harmony with Christ's intercession.
The only sacrifice now is self sacrificing love.
KJV Romans 12:1
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service
And your body is the temple of the HS but that all refers to the priesthood of Christians the royal priesthood not the priesthood of Christ and the apostles which is according to melchisedec

the mystery of faith:
Christ has died!
Christ is risen!
Christ shall come again!

All three are taught at every holy sacrifice of the mass!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
the creeds are supported acts 2:42
Apostles creed
Nicene creed
Athanasius creed

“They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”

(Acts 2:42, NASB)

The event described in the verse historically took place in Jerusalem, circa 30 A.D.

The Apostles’ Creed dates to the 2nd century A.D.

The Nicene Creed dates to 325 A.D. (in modern day Turkey)

The Athanasian Creed dates to the 5th century A.D. (in modern day France)

The apostles’ teaching these Jewish believers in 30 A.D. were devoted to wasn’t the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Father loves, the Son obeys, the Holy Spirit can be grieved, etc. The Three Persons - in One God - have personalities in Scripture.

Someone else on the forum has suggested that the Father is the owner, the Son is the architect, and the Holy Spirit is the contractor of the creation. Does that fit with your line of reasoning? Is it also what you believe?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.”

(Acts 2:42, NASB)

The event described in the verse historically took place in Jerusalem, circa 30 A.D.

The Apostles’ Creed dates to the 2nd century A.D.

The Nicene Creed dates to 325 A.D. (in modern day Turkey)

The Athanasian Creed dates to the 5th century A.D. (in modern day France)

The apostles’ teaching these Jewish believers in 30 A.D. were devoted to wasn’t the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed, and the Athanasian Creed.

the valid Christian creeds are the “doctrine of the apostles”!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
the valid Christian creeds are the “doctrine of the apostles”!

What I was pointing out is that the apostles weren’t teaching the three creeds you listed, so the Church wasn’t hearing the teaching of those creeds.

The apostles (Jews) and the Church (Jews) lived and died without ever knowing anything about those creeds.

That’s just a simple historical timeline.

The creeds came hundreds of years later.

The members of the early Church, including the apostles, weren’t adherents of the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed and Athanasian Creed. Even so, they were Christians.

The point: No one must believe the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed in order to be Christian.

As a primitive Christian, I reject them all. I don’t believe they are valid.

Other Christians embrace some but not all of them. Other Christians believe all of them. They believe the creeds, in full or in part, are valid.

I’m at one place on the Christian timeline while you (and others) are at another place on the Christian timeline.

P.S.

Illustrating my point.

Christianity Board, by policy, affirms the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.

The Board doesn’t throw the earliest Christians under the theological bus nor does it affirm the Athanasian Creed.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I was pointing out is that the apostles weren’t teaching the three creeds you listed, so the Church wasn’t hearing the teaching of those creeds.

The apostles (Jews) and the Church (Jews) lived and died without ever knowing anything about those creeds.

That’s just a simple historical timeline.

The creeds came hundreds of years later.

The members of the early Church, including the apostles, weren’t adherents of the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed and Athanasian Creed. Even so, they were Christians.

The point: No one must believe the Apostles’ Creed, the Nicene Creed and the Athanasian Creed in order to be Christian.

As a primitive Christian, I reject them all. I don’t believe they are valid.

Other Christians embrace some but not all of them. Other Christians believe all of them. They believe the creeds, in full or in part, are valid.

I’m at one place on the Christian timeline while you (and others) are at another place on the Christian timeline.

P.S.

Illustrating my point.

Christianity Board, by policy, affirms the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.

The Board doesn’t throw the earliest Christians under the theological bus nor does it affirm the Athanasian Creed.

the teaching authority of Christ by his apostles in his church does not end until he returns till then we are bound by his teaching authority including the creeds

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
the teaching authority of Christ by his apostles in his church does not end until he returns …

I believe it continues beyond his return.

…till then we are bound by his teaching authority including the creeds

You listed three. Aren’t there more in your tool box?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Bible yes the Bible alone apart from the teaching authority of Christ in his church no!
And all of the Bible not the heretical English Bible society’s 66 books
All books and all chapters
Ever read Dan 13?

I’ve read Daniel 13 (and 14) in a Catholic translation of the Bible. What essential does it contain about “Who is God” that Protestant readers need to know?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it continues beyond his return.

You listed three. Aren’t there more in your tool box?

I have heard that there are five creeds but don’t know what they are, most likely named after a church father

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve read Daniel 13 (and 14) in a Catholic translation of the Bible. What essential does it contain about “Who is God” that Protestant readers need to know?

edification of faith!
The great story of susana!

faith and trust in God!

You might as well say what’s so great about the book of Esther?

scripture matters

all scripture is inspired remember