Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They did not kill Jesus because they misunderstood wh o He was claiming to be. They killed Him because they DID understand who He was claiming to be!

Christ didn't exist until his incarnation.

The second person of the Trinity existed and he incarnated into the flesh of Jesus.

You seem to be struggling with the concept of his spirit being God and his flesh being man.
Psh! Let me ask you this: before Jesus made His dwelling with us, was He God? Did He speak truthfully when He said: before Abraham was, I Am?

Once again, he was speaking of his spirit, not his flesh, which is named Jesus and did not exist before the incarnation,

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when they picked up stones to kill Him, He asked why and they said: because you are a man claiming to be God. Why would He not have said: oh, I see, you misunderstood what I said, I did not say I am God?

Missing my point. Why does God call the Son God?

Why are the Angels called sons of God? Why are we called sons of God?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ didn't exist until his incarnation.

The second person of the Trinity existed and he incarnated into the flesh of Jesus.

You seem to be struggling with the concept of his spirit being God and his flesh being man.

Once again, he was speaking of his spirit, not his flesh, which is named Jesus and did not exist before the incarnation,

I disagree. Christ existed from the beginning. He existed before He put on a tent of flesh and walked among us. He is God. He said He was God and that is the reason He was killed.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are the Angels called sons of God? Why are we called sons of God?

But God does not say of the Son: you r throne "o h son of God" will last forever. God says of the Son, GOD - not S ON of God. So why do you ask then why we are called sons of God...?

God says of the son: your throne, oh God...

So my question was: why does God call Jesus God? I think it is because Jesus is God. But I wanted to know why YOU think God calls Jesus God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. How many others here believe they are saved through a human sacrifice?

He WAS human. He became human and walked among us. He came into the very world He created. He was human because He chose to become human. He died because He chose to die, not because it was forced on Him. If He had not chosen to lay down His life, no human on earth could have killed Him. He said no one took His life from Him but He lay it down on His own.

But the problem doesn't seem to be that Men cannot see Jesus as human, but that they can't seem to see Him as also fully God...

Reactions: Nancy and brakelite

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Admittedly, it is mindboggling. But when pondering it, if we come to the point where we stop seeing that Jesus claimed to be God, we will get knotted up. Even the creeds, if I recall correctly, say Jesus was fully human AND fully God.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the disciples asked Jesus to show them the Father, I get the impression that they befuddled Jesus a bit because His answer was: how can I have been with you this long and you still don't know who I am?? If you've seen Me, you HAVE seen the Father!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is the second Adam, meaning he was created by God and his body fully human.
This is unbelievable nonsense from someone who should know better. Jesus is no doubt the second Adam or the last Adam, but that does not change the fact that He is God, and therefore not a created being. He is fully human and yet He is fully divine AT ONE AND THE SAME TIME. While this may boggle your mind, it is God's unchanging truth, and those who teach *another* Jesus are under a curse: "and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed".

PHILIPPIANS 2
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

VerseS 10 & 11 are quoted from Isaiah with reference to God as the one to whom every knee shall bow.

ISAIAH 45
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24 Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Reactions: Nancy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
His origins we decided from ancient times, but it does not say his flesh existed. From ancient times
Why do you keep bringing up "His flesh"???? Had you read Micah 5:2 carefully and believingly, you would have seen that His INCARNATION (taking human form) was in Bethlehem, but He existed as God the Word (the only begotten Son of God) from EVERLASTING (eternity past). It is pure unbelief to deny this.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact remains that God said...TODAY I have begotten you. If both Father and Son always existed....could Jesus say...TODAY I have made a Father for myself?

No, the text shows that The Son comes from the Father...and not the other way around. The Father does not come from the Son. That's why the text shows this distinction. Otherwise it would be the God twins or something like that. God chose to reveal Jesus as His Son...because the Father came first. We need to stick with the biblical imagery.

See post #(95). "Today" speaks to the resurrection. Thus it plays no role in the beginning of God the Son. It plays a role in God begatting a Son who is both Man and God, of His seed.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone needs to get the terms right concerning Jesus being the 'Last Adam'. He is always the 'Last Adam'. He is never the 'Second Adam'. He is the 'Second Man' as Adam was the 'first man'. (1 Cor. 15:45-47) It matters.

Stranger

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone needs to get the terms right concerning Jesus being the 'Last Adam'. He is always the 'Last Adam'. He is never the 'Second Adam'. He is the 'Second Man' as Adam was the 'first man'. (1 Cor. 15:45-47) It matters.

Stranger
Correct, there is no other Adams after him, he is the END of all created things that are old, and now makes all thing new, starting with the spirit, or Spiritual things. our inner man is renewed day by day. for if any man be in Christ Jesus he's a new CREATION, old things are passed away.

so he's the beginning and the end of all things. or as the Greeks say the alpha and the Omega of all things.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree! But then why did you say to the person who posted that Jesus existed with God from before the world, that he was only giving his opinion...? Did I miss something?

A certain poster tends to value opinion over biblical evidence to the contrary. He couldn't wrap his mind around the concept...the biblical concept....that although Jesus was always IN the Father, He was not always a separate person. At some point God divided His person into 2. This had a two-fold effect. He raised Himself as the Father to become the Most High...AND He provided access to His creation. So then on the one hand He increased is "otherness" AND His closeness to us. God always acts like this in more ways than one.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See post #(95). "Today" speaks to the resurrection. Thus it plays no role in the beginning of God the Son. It plays a role in God begatting a Son who is both Man and God, of His seed.

Stranger

In your opinion. There is zero evidence to this stretch in the bible.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A certain poster tends to value opinion over biblical evidence to the contrary. He couldn't wrap his mind around the concept...the biblical concept....that although Jesus was always IN the Father, He was not always a separate person. At some point God divided His person into 2. This had a two-fold effect. He raised Himself as the Father to become the Most High...AND He provided access to His creation. So then on the one hand He increased is "otherness" AND His closeness to us. God always acts like this in more ways than one.
Tsk! I waited and waited to see you this morning and now you're here and I have to go. Get up earlier! Haha, j\k. I am not extremely familiar with the poster. Only saw the one post. Carry on.

Reactions: Episkopos

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not possible if, as John says, that everything was created through Him. If He was non-existent until He was born human, how was everything we see created through Him?

I don't believe scripture, including what John wrote, says that Jesus created 'everything.'

APAK

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's odd. It had never occurred to me that anyone would read the beginning of John and not come away with the understanding that John was speaking of Jesus...but I see it's so. Don't mean you are odd, just that the thought john wasn't speaking of Jesus is odd to me.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, there is no other Adams after him, he is the END of all created things that are old, and now makes all thing new, starting with the spirit, or Spiritual things. our inner man is renewed day by day. for if any man be in Christ Jesus he's a new CREATION, old things are passed away.

so he's the beginning and the end of all things. or as the Greeks say the alpha and the Omega of all things.

He is the last representative of the human race. Adam was the first, Jesus is the last. There will never be another.

Stranger