Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An understanding of the Person of Christ is impossible to separate from an understanding from Scripture of the work of Christ. The Epistle to the Hebrews is a strong demonstration of this.
yes, the bible is clear on the Person of Christ. it's men tradition that make it mpossible to understand the PERSON of Christ.

the Book of Philippians, for starters is clear on the Person of Christ.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for your reply.

yes, I'm using "first" and "last" in the Godhead in reference to "PERSONS". just as beginning and ending,
see the Lord Jesus is the beginning and the Last. the Alpha and the Omega.
and true, It wouldn’t be equality in the Godhead since that is what He is? which is my POINT.

Are you saying in the Godhead: that which is Spiritual becomes first and that which is natural becomes last?

Job 42:12
[12] So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:”

2 Peter 2:19-20
[19] While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. [20] For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Proverbs 19:17-21
[17] He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord ; and that which he hath given will he pay him again. [18] Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying. [19] A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him , yet thou must do it again. [20] Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end. [21] There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord , that shall stand.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying in the Godhead: that which is Spiritual becomes first and that which is natural becomes last?
No, God is the First/the begining of all things, and he, the same Person is the Last /End of all things.

I'm just showing that there are no separate PERSON(s) in the Godhead.
Understand what I'm doing, the bible is very, very, very clear on the Godhead, listen,
Romans 1:18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Romans 1:19 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse".

there is no EXCUSE for his children to "NOT" know the Godhead. people for way to long have believed the traditions of men that there are three distinct persons in the Godhead. when actually according to the scriptures, there is ONLY "ONE" Person who diversified, or "shared" himself in flesh. Just as the apostle said, "WITHOUT EXCUSE". the scriptures are clear, people say it's to complex to understand, no it's not. deceitful men make it hard to understand.

if one would just go step by step they will see the truth.

Job 42:12
[12] So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:”

2 Peter 2:19-20
[19] While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. [20] For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

Proverbs 19:17-21
[17] He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord ; and that which he hath given will he pay him again. [18] Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying. [19] A man of great wrath shall suffer punishment: for if thou deliver him , yet thou must do it again. [20] Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end. [21] There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord , that shall stand.
these are fate of men. and yes, the counsel of the Lord , that shall stand. but men refuse knowledge.
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children".

the KNOWLEDGE of the Godhead is in his Word. "Study to show thayself approved of God". it's not hard to do. let the Holy Spirit Guide you.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must give one some points here. Coreissue spoke correctly when asked about the Lord Jesus in Revelation 1:10-20,... "Revelations is without a doubt Jesus".

now connecting Jesus here with the Ancient of days in Daniel 7:9 is the same person.
Daniel 7:9 "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire".

and the Lord Jesus
Revelation 1:13 "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Revelation 1:14 "His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

so if one like unto the Son of Man came to the Ancient of days, and the son of man is the Ancient of days what do this tells us?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm just showing that there are no separate PERSON(s) in the Godhead.
Well you are definitely contradicting the Bible.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (Mt 28:19)

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 Jn 5:7 KJV)

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. (2 Cor 13:14)

Reactions: Taken and Dave L

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (Mt 28:19)
one NAME, JESUS, Father , Son and Holy Ghost atre titles, not names
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (1 Jn 5:7 KJV)
THESE, not THEY, These titles are one.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. (2 Cor 13:14)
well this is reducilus according to you, did you not say God include all of them... :eek:

but I have one for you,
1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
you said, "Please note: And, Thou, Lord, [Kurios = JESUS]

1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

ok Enoch111, question time. if the Lord JESUS is the ONLY ONE with Immortality, where do that leave your other two PERSONS?
Immortality: the ability to live forever; eternal life.

please answer.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Matt. 16:13) "...Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?"

(Matt. 16:15) "...whom say ye that I am?

Peter answered, "...Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

(Matt. 16:17), "...Blessed art thou Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Stranger

Notice whom Jesus blessed, calling him by his given name?
Notice whom Jesus reveals, gave Simon Barjona the Knowledge, Jesus IS the Christ?
Notice immediately in verse 17 Jesus then addresses "Simon", with a Name Jesus gave him, ie Peter?

(Just noting, even though ^ that initself is a whole other study /discussion).

To the OP Question...

JESUS ~ Holy, Son of God, Savior, Teacher, Truth, Life, Way, Lord, Spirit, Servant, Faithful, Forgiver, Advocate, God in the Flesh, Word of God, Foundation, Judge, Patient, Rewarder,
Christ. (So much more).

CHRIST ~ Holy, Spirit, Power of God, Seed of God, Maker, Everlasting, Quickener, Messiah, Redeemer, KING,
Jesus. (so much more).

Excellent Post, and Scriptures.

Glory to God,
Merry christmas,
Taken

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
one NAME, JESUS, Father , Son and Holy Ghost are titles, not names
You are trying to debate this subject and failing miserably. You denied that there are THREE PERSONS in the Godhead. I showed you that that is not true. Now you say those are not "names" since you were proven wrong. So why don't you admit that there are indeed three PERSONS, instead of going off on a tangent. Whether it is names or titles is immaterial.

ok Enoch111, question time. if the Lord JESUS is the ONLY ONE with Immortality, where do that leave your other two PERSONS?
Immortality: the ability to live forever; eternal life. please answer.
You would not be asking this question if you had a proper understanding of the Godhead. The Father and the Holy Spirit are spirits. They do not have bodies. Only the Lord Jesus Christ has a glorious and glorified body in Heaven. Mortality and immortality pertain to the body, NOT the soul and spirit.

mortality
Etymology: L, mortalis, perishable
1 the condition of being subject to death.

Therefore the above statement is perfectly true. Only Christ has immortality, until the resurrection of the saints, when all the saints will also have immortality.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. (1 Cor 15:53,54)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is of grace through the new birth that precedes faith. But those born again will also have an ear for the truth when confronted with it. Those who reject it are not born again.

That doesn't answer my question.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope this is your question that you're speaking of.

let me explain. Jesus is the diversity or the OFFSPRING of himself in flesh. hence the "Another" of G243 allos. by being the "another" of his OWNself as a diversity of himself he can do that. let's see that diversity of himself right in John 17, listen.
John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent".

this sounds like two PERSONS don't it? well no, because he is the equal share of his ownself in flesh. the conjunction "AND" here makes that clear. for example,
James 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

see it now stranger? God "and" Father, that's ONE PERSON.

so John chapter is speaking of one PERSON who is the Diversity of HIMSELF in flesh.

now, mind answering my question. "who is setting on the throne in rev 4:11 and 4:8 & 9.

your answer please.

Please. Where is the question you are trying to pretend to address?

What you 'hope' is that I and others won't see your fabrication. But, try again. I have little patience with playing games.

Stranger

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one NAME, JESUS, Father , Son and Holy Ghost atre titles, not names

THESE, not THEY, These titles are one.

well this is reducilus according to you, did you not say God include all of them... :eek:

but I have one for you,
1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
you said, "Please note: And, Thou, Lord, [Kurios = JESUS]

1 Timothy 6:16 "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Immortality: the ability to live forever; eternal life.

please answer.

Using the TERM "person" in the human sense of understanding can be deceiving.

God IS NOT "A PERSON", according to human sense of understanding.

God is Spirit.
He has thoughts, ideas, knowledge, wisdom, understanding, that has no Limit.
He is the unseen, the unheard, the untouchable, that is simply referred to as...
Father.

God has a Words, His Words to express and reveal to mankind, His ideas, knowledge, wisdom, And God has a method of His choosing to Communicate His Word to mankind, who can NOT see Him, hear Him, approach Him, that is simply referred to as...
Son.

God has Power, His immeasurable unmatched Power, that men can NOT see, or hear, that is simply referred to as ...
Holy Spirit.

Those things are the WHOLENESS of God...
Those things....Father, Son, Holy Spirit...have Multiple things they are Called...names and titles.

Those particular things....DO and AFFECT particular "human people", IN particular ways.

The Teaching, is acknowledging what EACH does, while acknowledging it is ONE God.
ONE Lord God Almighty <--> which IS a Name, Inclusive of thee "Son, Father & Holy Spirit".

None DO ANYTHING by themselves, while Yet ONE will be more Prominate.

For example...The Son, IS the Word of God.
The thought of the Word, is the Father.
The word coming forth out from the Father, is By the Power.

All three Involved, but only ONE, called the Word.

(Men do the same thing. They have multiple names and titles. They have their own thoughts, own words, own power to bring forth their words out of their mouths. And they may use whatever Name they choose, and another will say....

Like for you, for example. I would say...101G, said such and such....but maybe you have other names, like Cindy or Billy...but you for now are simply 101G, presenting your thoughts, through the word of 101G.

If you are also a wife, or husband, or CEO, or Pastor, or Doctor, or Employee, or called Honey, or Sweetheart by someone....not everyone will address you with those Titles or Names...that doesn't make you MULTIPLE persons, any more than God having multiple names, titles, things He says or does, being multiple Gods.

It has become widely known, attaching the term Person, to the Father, to the Son, to the Holy Spirit, is a teaching method to distinguish....what part of God is doing what..

The Father's Ideas, plans, pleasures, understanding coming forth out from God?
The Son's Word coming forth out from God?
The Holy Spirits, Power, Light, coming forth out from God?

Bottom line...ONE...Lord God Almighty.
And only ONE you (no matter if 101G is speaking or whatever else you are called is speaking)

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are trying to debate this subject and failing miserably. You denied that there are THREE PERSONS in the Godhead. I showed you that that is not true. Now you say those are not "names" since you were proven wrong. So why don't you admit that there are indeed three PERSONS, instead of going off on a tangent. Whether it is names or titles is immaterial.

You would not be asking this question if you had a proper understanding of the Godhead. The Father and the Holy Spirit are spirits. They do not have bodies. Only the Lord Jesus Christ has a glorious and glorified body in Heaven. Mortality and immortality pertain to the body, NOT the soul and spirit.

mortality
Etymology: L, mortalis, perishable
1 the condition of being subject to death.

Therefore the above statement is perfectly true. Only Christ has immortality, until the resurrection of the saints, when all the saints will also have immortality.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. (1 Cor 15:53,54)
ERROR, perishable vs imperishable, body or not. so now once again, if the Lord Jesus is the only one with immortality that means no one elese can Give it.. that leave your other two person a fraud.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption. only JESUS has it to give it. so the question remain. Jesus having immortality, everyone and thing cosist by him.... scripture,
Colossians 1:17 "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist..... so what you posted is in ERROR.. try again.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please. Where is the question you are trying to pretend to address?

What you 'hope' is that I and others won't see your fabrication. But, try again. I have little patience with playing games.

Stranger
I answered your question. so now answer mine..

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Using the TERM "person" in the human sense of understanding can be deceiving.

God IS NOT "A PERSON", according to human sense of understanding.

God is Spirit.
He has thoughts, ideas, knowledge, wisdom, understanding, that has no Limit.
He is the unseen, the unheard, the untouchable, that is simply referred to as...
Father.

God has a Words, His Words to express and reveal to mankind, His ideas, knowledge, wisdom, And God has a method of His choosing to Communicate His Word to mankind, who can NOT see Him, hear Him, approach Him, that is simply referred to as...
Son.

God has Power, His immeasurable unmatched Power, that men can NOT see, or hear, that is simply referred to as ...
Holy Spirit.

Those things are the WHOLENESS of God...
Those things....Father, Son, Holy Spirit...have Multiple things they are Called...names and titles.

Those particular things....DO and AFFECT particular "human people", IN particular ways.

The Teaching, is acknowledging what EACH does, while acknowledging it is ONE God.
ONE Lord God Almighty <--> which IS a Name, Inclusive of thee "Son, Father & Holy Spirit".

None DO ANYTHING by themselves, while Yet ONE will be more Prominate.

For example...The Son, IS the Word of God.
The thought of the Word, is the Father.
The word coming forth out from the Father, is By the Power.

All three Involved, but only ONE, called the Word.

(Men do the same thing. They have multiple names and titles. They have their own thoughts, own words, own power to bring forth their words out of their mouths. And they may use whatever Name they choose, and another will say....

Like for you, for example. I would say...101G, said such and such....but maybe you have other names, like Cindy or Billy...but you for now are simply 101G, presenting your thoughts, through the word of 101G.

If you are also a wife, or husband, or CEO, or Pastor, or Doctor, or Employee, or called Honey, or Sweetheart by someone....not everyone will address you with those Titles or Names...that doesn't make you MULTIPLE persons, any more than God having multiple names, titles, things He says or does, being multiple Gods.

It has become widely known, attaching the term Person, to the Father, to the Son, to the Holy Spirit, is a teaching method to distinguish....what part of God is doing what..

The Father's Ideas, plans, pleasures, understanding coming forth out from God?
The Son's Word coming forth out from God?
The Holy Spirits, Power, Light, coming forth out from God?

Bottom line...ONE...Lord God Almighty.
And only ONE you (no matter if 101G is speaking or whatever else you are called is speaking)

God Bless,
Merry Christmas,
Taken
first thanks for the reply
you said this, "Bottom line...ONE...Lord God Almighty". I'm glade you said this.
follow me.
Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".
"he" sent this revelastion by "his" angel. the angel in Revelation 22:6 told Jon who sent him listen,
Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
ok Taken, who is the Lord God of the the Holy Prophets. your answer please.

B

brakelite

Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

These verses speak of the human nature of Christ. That He, the Son of Almighty God took upon Himself human flesh that He may die as a propitiation meeting the demands of the law.

―In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made…. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten‖ John 1:1 –3, 14
<><><>
―And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.‖ Luke 1:30-36
<><><>
―Thou madest him [man] a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.‖ Hebrews 2:7 10
<><><>
―Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he [Jesus] also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.‖ Hebrews 2:14 18
<><><>
―Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.‖ Hebrews 4:14-16
<><><>
―Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: ―Hebrews 10:5
<><><>
―Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.‖ Philippians 2:5 -8
<><><>
―But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, Galatians 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.‖ Galatians 4:4-5
<><><>
―For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:‖ Romans 8:3
<><><>
―Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:‖ 1 John 4:2
<><><>
―But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 1 Peter 1:19-20
<><><>
―When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.‖ Matthew 8:16 17
<><><>
―And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.‖ Luke 2:52
<><><>
―Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.‖ Isaiah 53:1-4

B

brakelite

So Christ was indeed human, but was He divine?
―For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:9
The word Godhead is used here to translate the Greek word theotes - which means the state of being God or being divine. Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, Paul is saying that in Christ dwells ―all the fullness of the state of being divine (being God) ―bodily. The Greek word used here (pas) that is transliterated ―all literally means all, every and the whole.
This concept of indwelling bodily is really very important. It means literally, corporeal. It opposes the idea that divinity was dwelling in Christ in any immaterial way - or in a way that was spiritualistic. This indwelling is not only real but physical. It is the indwelling of the very personage of God.
Note how other versions translate this verse. Weymouth New Testament
―For it is in Christ that the fulness of God's nature dwells embodied, and in Him you are made complete, New International Version
―For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, Holman Christian Standard Bible
―For in Him the entire fullness of God's nature dwells bodily The Bible in Basic English
―For in him all the wealth of God's being has a living form, For me, the most interesting translation is The Complete Jewish Bible. This one says ―For in him, bodily, lives the fullness of all that God is. This latter translation reminds me of what many consider to be one of the most debated texts of Scripture in the entire Bible. This is John 1:1 – particularly its final clause.
―When all things began, the word already was. The word dwelt with God and what God was, the word was. John 1:1 New English Bible
―And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3
―But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. 1 Corinthians 8:6
―Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:15-17
The invisible God and Christ the Son of the Father are two separate personages. This much is reasonably obvious. In the above verse, the Greek word translated ―image is eikon. This is where we derive the English word icon, which we normally use with reference to an image representing the original. If it is said that someone is an exact image (exact copy) of someone else, then it is saying that the former must be everything that the latter is without actually being the latter. This is only the same as John is stating in the opening words of his gospel (John 1:1)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply
you said this, "Bottom line...ONE...Lord God Almighty". I'm glade you said this.
follow me.
Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John".
"he" sent this revelastion by "his" angel. the angel in Revelation 22:6 told Jon who sent him listen,
Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
ok Taken, who is the Lord God of the the Holy Prophets. your answer please.

Lord (Jesus)
God (Father)

Glory to God,
Merry Christmas,
Taken

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord (Jesus)
God (Father)

Glory to God,
Merry Christmas,
Taken
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply.
second, the question was "who sent his angel?". and the angel that was sent said the "Lord God of the holy Prophets sent him". the LordGod is "ONE PERSON".

I notice you answered,

Lord (Jesus)
God (Father)

this is an incorrect answer, because "Father is a title and not a Person", and two the angel said only one person sent him. and your own words said, "The Father's Ideas, plans, pleasures, understanding coming forth out from God?
The
Son's Word coming forth out from God?

so to help you out, was it the Father who sent "his" angel or was it the Son who sent "his" angel.
which one is called the "Lord God" of the holy Prophets, your answer please.

D

Dave L

That doesn't answer my question.

Stranger
What does it matter what a person believes if God regenerates them so they can hear the truth. The Reformers were all Catholics. But after being born again they learned the truth.

D

Dave L

GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply.
second, the question was "who sent his angel?". and the angel that was sent said the "Lord God of the holy Prophets sent him". the LordGod is "ONE PERSON".

I notice you answered,

Lord (Jesus)
God (Father)

this is an incorrect answer, because "Father is a title and not a Person", and two the angel said only one person sent him. and your own words said, "The Father's Ideas, plans, pleasures, understanding coming forth out from God?
The
Son's Word coming forth out from God?

so to help you out, was it the Father who sent "his" angel or was it the Son who sent "his" angel.
which one is called the "Lord God" of the holy Prophets, your answer please.
You cannot have a father without a son, or a son without a father = two, not one.