Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was a Jew born under the law. You think Jesus violated the Shema or any of the Commandments? I don’t.
Of course He didn't violate the commandments. Being God, there was not violation in showing Himself to be God, and to be equal to God. He is God. So He reveals truth.

So you see this is not a "proof", asking, didn't Jesus obey the commandments?

Jesus declared Himself to those who stood in front of Him, and they understood what He meant. They picked up stones to stone Him, "because you, a man, make yourself to be equal to God". They got it.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is turning into a series of "gotcha" questions. That's OK, line them all up, I'll respond in the morning Lord willing!

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He didn't violate the commandments. Being God, there was not violation in showing Himself to be God, and to be equal to God.

More Circular Reasoning. The most important commandment is the Shema, the true God is one, alone. Not 2 or 3.

The Shema is not God will one day incarnate and become 3.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Glorifying Himself? I don't recall saying anything about that.

LOL. Jesus claiming to be almighty God would not be glorifying himself?! What would Jesus have to say to glorify himself which, according to him, means nothing?

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title of the post is , WHO IS JESUS CHRIST .
THE KING of kings and LORD of Lords . THE ONE and ONLY NAME WHEREBY ONE MAY BE SAVED .
LET the LORD BE PRAISED . Time for a praise fest unto the glorious Lord .

Reactions: marks and Wrangler

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let the KING be praised my peoples . Lift those hands up and from thankful hearts , PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .

Reactions: marks

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the beginning sir?
John 1:2 (NKJV)
2 He was in the beginning with God.
That's Jesus!
Notice your verse is contradictory, as it also states the Word was with God, so is the rendering of some versions more accurate by translating it a god?
My verse? lol
So you're saying Jesus was a false god! Got it! You learned that at Kingdom Hall?
John 1:1 (KJV)1 the Word was God.
(GenevaBible)1 that Word was God.
(ASV)1 the Word was God.
(AMP)1 the Word was God Himself.
(MontgomeryNT)1 the Word was God.
(CEB)1 the Word was God.
(CJB)1 the Word was God.
(Darby)1 the Word was God.
(ESV)1 the Word was God.
(HCSB)1 the Word was God.
(MaceNT)1 the Logos was God.
(NASB)1 the Word was God.
(NIV)1 the Word was God.
(NJB)1 the Word was God.
(NKJV)1 the Word was God.
(NRSV)1 the Word was God.
(RSV)1 the Word was God.
(TLB)1 is himself God.
(WesleyNT)1 the Word was God.
(WEY)1 the Word was God.
(YLT)1 the Word was God;
(Webster's Bible)1 the Word was God.
(MSG)1 The Word was God,

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anything you disagree with Kingdom Hall? Or have they stolen your mind completely?

I do not think they are practicing disfellowshipping correctly. But Jehovah will correct it in His due time. I do not believe that animals will die in the new system as well, and they tend to lean that way.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:2 (NKJV)
2 He was in the beginning with God.
That's Jesus!

My verse? lol
So you're saying Jesus was a false god! Got it! You learned that at Kingdom Hall?
John 1:1 (KJV)1 the Word was God.
(GenevaBible)1 that Word was God.
(ASV)1 the Word was God.
(AMP)1 the Word was God Himself.
(MontgomeryNT)1 the Word was God.
(CEB)1 the Word was God.
(CJB)1 the Word was God.
(Darby)1 the Word was God.
(ESV)1 the Word was God.
(HCSB)1 the Word was God.
(MaceNT)1 the Logos was God.
(NASB)1 the Word was God.
(NIV)1 the Word was God.

If you examine every one of those versions, you will find the translators deliberately altered that verse, notice they all use a god at Acts 28:6 which was written the same way.

You can believe what you want sir, the Bible clearly states that Jehovah is God, and Jesus is His son, not only that Jesus has a God, who is Jehovah Jn 20:17. Jesus himself clearly stated he did not know the day or hour, nor was he able to allow John and James to sit on his right or left when he became king of the Kingdom Mk 10:40; 13:32
(NJB)1 the Word was God.
(NKJV)1 the Word was God.
(NRSV)1 the Word was God.
(RSV)1 the Word was God.
(TLB)1 is himself God.
(WesleyNT)1 the Word was God.
(WEY)1 the Word was God.
(YLT)1 the Word was God;
(Webster's Bible)1 the Word was God.
(MSG)1 The Word was God,

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you realize your assertion of Jesus receiving an "annointing baptism" from John lacks any Scriptural support? And therefore must be someone's idea about it, but not what the Bible teaches?

Much love!

What do the two baptisms represent sir? I have given our opinion on it, what do you think they represent?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, thank you for your clarification.

For myself, Micheal being an angel is below Jesus, not, "is Jesus". Jesus was above angels, and then was lower than angels, to then again receive is prior glory, a Name above all names.

This is only one of the very many reasons I know Jesus and Michael are different, and that Jesus is exalted over ALL created things. Of course through Jesus were all things created that were created, therefore, we know, Jesus is not a created thing.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God . . . and the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us. This is not Michael the Archangel, this is God the Word, who became flesh, and lived with man.

Much love!

Why does Jesus have a God sir? No I think I agree with Peter and Jesus agreement with how he answered that question:
(Matthew 16:13-17) . . .Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·liʹjah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Joʹnah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.
Of course that is the actual truth Marks. Much love to you as well sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LORD ≠ Lord. The LORD God is our Creator. The Bible has many lords (lowercase) besides Lord Jesus and there are many lords outside of the Bible, e.g., Lord Vader, Lord Voldemort, Lord Cornwallis. Jesus was chosen by God, sent by God, told what to say by God, raised from the dead by God and given all authority by God.

13 The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus
Acts 3:13

31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”
Acts 17:31

49 For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak.
John 12:49

The LORD says to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.”
Psalm 110:1

Yes sir it does, and as I showed you in the last verse you quoted (Ps 110:1) the alteration of versions is clearly seen with just a little research. The all capitalized LORD is God's name YHWH whereas the second Lord is Adonai. That was a prophecy as you may realize that Jehovah stated to Jesus (1st saying to the 2nd Lord) the fulfillment of that if you disagree can be found at Acts 2:34

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does Jesus have a God sir?
He humbled Himself, taking on the form of a servant, being found in fashion as a man.

It was Jeremiah who called YHWH the "God of all flesh", so when the Son of God took on human flesh, He took upon Himself all of the human life, everything.

Much love!