Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think they are practicing disfellowshipping correctly. But Jehovah will correct it in His due time. I do not believe that animals will die in the new system as well, and they tend to lean that way.
Are there any Kingdom Hall doctrines you disagree with?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Do you know what Immanuel means?

Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” King James Version (KJV)

Matthew 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” King James Version (KJV)

Although you didn't answer mine, I will answer yours, matter of fact the Bible interpreted it for us as you showed. God is with us, so then maam, how is God with us?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it that leads you to think that John baptized Jesus with a "baptism of anointing" which you've associated with the baptism in the Holy Spirit after Jesus' ascent to heaven?

Considering that baptism wasn't performed by John, by his own words?

I'm still thinking that Jesus was associating with sinful man, doing all things that were appointed to sinful man, including John's baptism.

The baptism in the Spirit, according to Jesus, was something they needed to wait for.

Many people thing there this coming for them a "baptism in the Spirit", however, according to the Bible, there is one baptism for the church, and that baptism is into Jesus Himself, this is from Ephesians 4 and Romans 6. We can go over the passages if you like.

Much love!
John baptized Jesus with water, God baptized Jesus with holy spirit, as visibly evidenced in the form of a dove sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you mind showing the passages of Scripture which teach this doctrine?

Just go ahead and post the entire verses, so we can look at them together.

Much love!
I believe I did do that sir, do you know if there is a way to go back to the previous conversations here without going through all the posts? I am new to this site, and have not been able to do that.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:5-11 KJV
5) Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Who was it who "Took upon him the form of a servant"?

Much love!
Jesus sir, not Jehovah are you able to discern that by those passages? God exhaulted Jesus, sending Jesus to earth, it was Jesus who was obedient to death.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus sir, not Jehovah are you able to discern that by those passages? God exhaulted Jesus, sending Jesus to earth, it was Jesus who was obedient to death.
Right, I'm sorry, I can get confused over who thinks what. You aren't one who counts Jesus as an exalted man, you count Jesus as a disguised angel.

Isaiah prophesied that YHWH found no one to save us, so His Own Arm brought salvation. He didn't fob it off on an angel. We don't die in an angel, are indwelt by an angel, no, are you able to discern who lives in the believer?

What saith the Scriptures?

How do you think of the "Spirit of Christ"? As a Person?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I did do that sir, do you know if there is a way to go back to the previous conversations here without going through all the posts? I am new to this site, and have not been able to do that.
Actually, you didn't. You can scroll back through the posts and see, but no, you didn't. I pay attention to those things. In fact I happen to know such a Scripture doesn't exist. My question is intended to lead to that revelation.

Much love!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although you didn't answer mine, I will answer yours, matter of fact the Bible interpreted it for us as you showed. God is with us, so then maam, how is God with us?
I did answer your question.

God is with us in NT as Immanuel, Jesus the Christ. Which means as God incarnate he was divine.
He was not a ma gifted with godly powers. He was God as man.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John baptized Jesus with water, God baptized Jesus with holy spirit, as visibly evidenced in the form of a dove sir.
Actually Jesus was not immersed into a dove, He was immersed into water. I'm interested in your showing me the Scripture that Jesus was baptized in the Holy Spirit at the time John baptized Jesus in water.

There are a couple of issues with this idea. One is that there is no actual passage which tells us this happened. God had told John that this would be for a sign. Was it more? That would be speculation.

And then there's this, the purpose, the meaning of "baptism in the Holy Spirit". It brings us into the body of Christ, Jesus is Christ. It restores to use the image of God, Jesus IS the exact image of God.

Of course, you are thinking that Jesus is less than God, so you will have different ideas on this. But I challenge you to show me from Scripture the foundations for your assertions.

Jesus accepted worship as God, a completely forbidden act if He were not God Himself. Does anyone truly dare call a man to be a good man, who accepts being worshiped as God? Was it Herod?, when he did that, God killed Him, worms ate his insides. Do you think that was OK for Jesus? I don't. Except, He IS God. So to worship Him is of course right.

Much love!

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is with us in NT as Immanuel, Jesus the Christ. Which means as God incarnate he was divine.

No question that Jesus is God. Just none.
However all of His miracles were done by the power of the Holy Spirit, and everything He did while on earth, he did as a man

Jesus tells us that we will do the same or greater works than He because of the Holy Spirit

John 14:
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in yo

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually Jesus was not immersed into a dove, He was immersed into water. I'm interested in your showing me the Scripture that Jesus was baptized in the Holy Spirit at the time John baptized Jesus in water.

There are a couple of issues with this idea. One is that there is no actual passage which tells us this happened. God had told John that this would be for a sign. Was it more? That would be speculation.

And then there's this, the purpose, the meaning of "baptism in the Holy Spirit". It brings us into the body of Christ, Jesus is Christ. It restores to use the image of God, Jesus IS the exact image of God.

Of course, you are thinking that Jesus is less than God, so you will have different ideas on this. But I challenge you to show me from Scripture the foundations for your assertions.

Jesus accepted worship as God, a completely forbidden act if He were not God Himself. Does anyone truly dare call a man to be a good man, who accepts being worshiped as God? Was it Herod?, when he did that, God killed Him, worms ate his insides. Do you think that was OK for Jesus? I don't. Except, He IS God. So to worship Him is of course right.

Much love!

No sir, Jesus did not accept worship as God, in fact he clearly pointed out that it is Jehovah your God you must worship, and to Him alone render sacred service when the devil tried to get him to worship him. Best research the word proskuneo sir, as you will see there are degrees of worship. A prime example is found at Mat 18:26

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did answer your question.

No maam, God was with us in that He established the means for being rectified to Him Gen 3:15; and then taking progressive steps in fulfilling His prophecy Jn 3:16. He personally did not come in the flesh.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, you didn't. You can scroll back through the posts and see, but no, you didn't. I pay attention to those things. In fact I happen to know such a Scripture doesn't exist. My question is intended to lead to that revelation.

Much love!

May I ask you, do you know if there is a way to go back to the previous conversation here, without scrolling through all the previous posts?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, I'm sorry, I can get confused over who thinks what. You aren't one who counts Jesus as an exalted man, you count Jesus as a disguised angel.

Isaiah prophesied that YHWH found no one to save us, so His Own Arm brought salvation. He didn't fob it off on an angel. We don't die in an angel, are indwelt by an angel, no, are you able to discern who lives in the believer?

What saith the Scriptures?

How do you think of the "Spirit of Christ"? As a Person?

Much love!
I am unfamiliar with that term Marks, but if someone told me they had the spirit of Christ, I would say they would be doing their best to imitate him. That is what went through my head anyway. Is there a particular passage that you have in mind concerning that phrase?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No question that Jesus is God. Just none.
Can you provide specific scripture, explanation and logic and if possible, what the Spirit speaks to you on this subject, to clearly support that there is 'no question,' Jesus is the same as God Almighty? Replying with just a list of scripture by itself will not suffice as you can clearly understand why.

thanks

APAK

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No maam, God was with us in that He established the means for being rectified to Him Gen 3:15; and then taking progressive steps in fulfilling His prophecy Jn 3:16. He personally did not come in the flesh.
He did come in flesh. As his angel said, and as Jesus said, nd as the Old Testament prophecied.

Are you one of the elect 144,000?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I ask you, do you know if there is a way to go back to the previous conversation here, without scrolling through all the previous posts?
If you click the little arrow next to the name, it will link you to that post. Then you can click that arrow, and go back to the previous quoted post.

Where it says, "Robert Gwin said", just to the right is a little ghost arrow.

Hopefully that will help.

Much love!