Who is Jesus to a Non-Trinitarian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“1. In the beginning was that Word, and that Word was with God, and that Word was God.

2. This same was in the beginning with God.

3. All things were made by it, and without it was made nothing that was made.

4. In it was life, and that life was the light of men.

5. And that light shineth in the wilderness, and the darkness comprehended it not.”

(John 1:1-5, Geneva Bible)

Bible Gateway passage: John 1:1-5 - 1599 Geneva Bible

Bold is mine.

Neither John nor the translators of the Geneva Bible is calling Jesus an “it”.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote "IT is always a thing, an IT. Prove I am wrong. It can never happen!!" about the Greek word Λόγος (Strong's Greek: 3056. λόγος (logos) - in English: word - biblehub.com/greek/3056.htm).

The Apostle John wrote "the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).

Here we find that YOU ARE WRONG.

The Word is Jesus in John chapter 1.

You call Jesus the Word an "IT".

Jesus is the Word as illuminated in John 1:1-5, John 1:14, and Luke 1:1-2 - The word "Word" defined in scripture.

"Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the Word" (Luke 1:1-2).

Luke wrote "eyewitnesses" "of the Word" (Luke 1:2), and the "eyewitnesses" includes people like the Apostle Thomas who humbly acknowledged "My Lord and my God" to to TO Jesus (John 20:28).

Not just "earwitnesses" of the Word, but they were also "eyewitnesses" "of the Word" (Luke 1:2). Luke does specifically declare that they SAW the Word - they saw Jesus for Jesus is the Word of God!

They were "eyewitnesses" of Lord Jesus Christ the Word.

In Luke 1:1-2, the word "Word" is translated from the Greek word "Logos".

Luke further elaborates that the "eyewitnesses" "of the Word" (Luke 1:2) are also "servants of the Word" (Luke 1:2), so the "eyewitnesses" see and hear and serve the Word of God.

The "eyewitnesses" includes people like the Apostle John who illuminates the Word is Jesus with "the Word became flesh" (John 1:14).

In John 1:14, the word "Word" is translated from the Greek word "Logos".

Both the Apostle John and Luke illuminate that Jesus is the Word.

Thus John refers to Jesus in John 1:1-5 as the "Word" and "He" and "Him" and "Life" and "Light":

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the Life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

In John 1:1-5, the word "Word" is translated from the Greek word "Logos".

The following describes how "Word", "He", "Him", "Life", and "Light" all refer to Jesus.

The first word of John 1:2 is "He", and that "He" is the "Word" in John 1:1, and that "He" in John 1:2 is the "Him" in John 1:3 and John 1:4; moreover, the "Him" in John 1:3 is the "Life" in John 1:4, and the "Him" in John 1:3 is the "Light" in John 1:4 and John 1:5.

Truly, we have a Spiritually accurate linguistic linkage from "Light" in John 1:5 back to "Word" in John 1:1.

Jesus says "While I am in the world, I am the Light of the world" (John 9:6), so we have Jesus being the Light in John 1:4-5 and John 9:6.

Jesus says "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6), so we have Jesus being the Life in in John 1:4 and John 14:6.

John witnesses that Jesus is the Word with "the Word became flesh" (John 1:14), so we have John further identifying Jesus as the Word (Logos).

Lord Jesus Christ is the Word of God (John 1:1-5, John 1:14), a.k.a. the Logos of Theos, and the Word of God is God.

Jesus, truly God, is the God of Jesus, truly Man; moreover, Jesus, truly God, is God with the Father.

Jesus reveals Himself as truly God and truly Man at His discretion because Jesus Christ is truly Man (Luke 1:26-33) - the Son of Man, and Jesus Christ is truly God (Luke 1:34-35, John 8:58, John 20:28, John 5:18, John 10:30-31) - the Son of God.

YOU DECEIVE WHEN YOU WROTE "It can never happen" THAT THE WORD REFERS TO JESUS.

YOU WICKEDLY DEMEAN JESUS BY CALLING HIM A MERE "IT".
So now we are down to the fibbing again when all else fails, and the slandering words continue without abatement as usual.

You said: 'The Word is Jesus in John chapter 1.' Again prove it! Saying it does not make it true you know.

You said: 'You call Jesus the Word an "IT".' No, I did Not! You just said it for me...You are so riveted to the idea the Jesus is the WORD. Do I get an apology?...of course not.

You said: 'Jesus is the Word as illuminated in John 1:1-5, John 1:14, and Luke 1:1-2 - The word "Word" defined in scripture.'

Again, saying it does not make it true you know. Where's the BEEF!..LOL And in Luke 1:1-2 the word here means the message of truth. Check it out.

(Luk 1:1) Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us,
(Luk 1:2) even as they delivered them to us, who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word,
(Luk 1:3) it seemed good to me also, having traced the course of all things accurately from the first, to write to you in order, most excellent Theophilus,
(Luk 1:4) that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught.

They were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word in what they had been taught, saw and recorded in writing as the doctrine of Yahshua the Christ. The word is about the words of the message of truth they eye witnessed. Again, Jesus is NOT 'the word,' the word is an IT!

As Matthew Henry would comment on Luke 1:1-4..

"Luke will not write of things about which Christians may safely differ from one another, and hesitate within themselves; but the things which are, and ought to be surely believed. The doctrine of Christ is what the wisest and best of men have ventured their souls upon with confidence and satisfaction. And the great events whereon our hopes depend, have been recorded by those who were from the beginning eye-witnesses and ministers of the word, and who were perfected in their understanding of them through Divine inspiration."

You are so bent into this pagan idea you cannot help yourself BUT to fib again and again to force your fable true. LOGOS never means a person I'm afraid, no matter how hard you try and rig it.

John 1:14 also does not say that Jesus is the WORD. The IT, as in one loose short definition, 'the expression of God the Father' would possessed and be given over as to human flesh. Jesus would become the voice of the Father in short.

Again, LOGOS will always be an IT, and for John 1:14 it is 'the voice' or 'the instructions' or 'the commands' of God, that would form his plans and purposes, and in this case, for the first time in history, become a part and inside of flesh, in the human being called Yahshua. He would walk with the word of God the Father, and do his will, all the way to the Cross and beyond as scripture clearly states beyond any doubt.

Don't you get tired of being so confused and so wrong on this topic?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God said he’d send another helper, not himself. See the difference?

I discern Scripture this way; the only true God - who we relate to as Father - is explicitly called YHWH (not Jesus).
The pre-incarnate Jesus (God) identifies Himself as "I Am" to Moses in Exodus 3:14.
It is an introduction that would be later fully revealed through Jesus:
I AM the Light of the World ...
I AM the way, the truth and the life ...
I AM the Good Shepherd ...
I AM THE Bread which comes down from heaven ...
I AM THE VINE ...
I AM the DOOR ...
I Am the Resurrection and the Life ...
I AM HE (Who spoke to the prophets of the OT.)
I AM the Alpha and Omega ...
Before Abraham was, I AM.

Capisce?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pre-incarnate Jesus (God) identifies Himself as "I Am" to Moses in Exodus 3:14.
Preposterous! God identifies himself to Moses, whose name is not I am or Jesus but YHWH. Ex 3:15.

The idea that "I am" is a divine identifier is just absurdity on top of absurdity. Lot's of people say I am. Does that make them God?

Reactions: APAK

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now we are down to the fibbing again when all else fails, and the slandering words continue without abatement as usual.

You said: 'The Word is Jesus in John chapter 1.' Again prove it! Saying it does not make it true you know.

You said: 'You call Jesus the Word an "IT".' No, I did Not! You just said it for me...You are so riveted to the idea the Jesus is the WORD. Do I get an apology?...of course not.

You said: 'Jesus is the Word as illuminated in John 1:1-5, John 1:14, and Luke 1:1-2 - The word "Word" defined in scripture.'

Again, saying it does not make it true you know. Where's the BEEF!..LOL And in Luke 1:1-2 the word here means the message of truth. Check it out.

(Luk 1:1) Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to draw up a narrative concerning those matters which have been fulfilled among us,

(Luk 1:2) even as they delivered them to us, who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word,

(Luk 1:3) it seemed good to me also, having traced the course of all things accurately from the first, to write to you in order, most excellent Theophilus,

(Luk 1:4) that you may have certainty concerning the things you have been taught.

They were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word in what they had been taught, saw and recorded in writing as the doctrine of Yahshua the Christ. The word is about the words of the message of truth they eye witnessed. Again, Jesus is NOT 'the word,' the word is an IT!

As Matthew Henry would comment on Luke 1:1-4..

"Luke will not write of things about which Christians may safely differ from one another, and hesitate within themselves; but the things which are, and ought to be surely believed. The doctrine of Christ is what the wisest and best of men have ventured their souls upon with confidence and satisfaction. And the great events whereon our hopes depend, have been recorded by those who were from the beginning eye-witnesses and ministers of the word, and who were perfected in their understanding of them through Divine inspiration."

You are so bent into this pagan idea you cannot help yourself BUT to fib again and again to force your fable true. LOGOS never means a person I'm afraid, no matter how hard you try and rig it.

John 1:14 also does not say that Jesus is the WORD. The IT, as in one loose short definition, 'the expression of God the Father' would possessed and be given over as to human flesh. Jesus would become the voice of the Father in short.

Again, LOGOS will always be an IT, and for John 1:14 it is 'the voice' or 'the instructions' or 'the commands' of God, that would form his plans and purposes, and in this case, for the first time in history, become a part and inside of flesh, in the human being called Yahshua. He would walk with the word of God the Father, and do his will, all the way to the Cross and beyond as scripture clearly states beyond any doubt.

Don't you get tired of being so confused and so wrong on this topic?

You wrote "LOGOS will always be an IT, and for John 1:14 it is 'the voice' of God, that would form his plans and purposes, and in this case, for the first time in history, become a part and inside of flesh, in the human being called Yahshua".

You literally wrote that the Word is an "IT" and you wrote that the Word is "a part and inside of flesh, in the human being called Yahshua".

You literally and dishonoringly call Jesus an "IT" - again, so you persist in practicing lawlessness (Matthew 7:21-23).

The Apostle John wrote "the Word manifested flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).

John wrote that the Word manifested flesh - the exact same thing as Jesus manifested flesh.

John wrote that the Word dwelt among the Apostles - the precise equivalent as Jesus dwelt among the Apostles.

The English word "flesh" in John 1:14 accurately refers to Jesus.

The English word "Word" in John 1:14 accurately refers to Jesus.

Your heart is so massively confused, just look at the the opening analysis in this post.

Your confusion is not of God because "God is not a God of confusion but of peace" (1 Corinthians 14:33).

YOU DECEIVE WHEN YOU WROTE "LOGOS will always be an IT," BECAUSE TRULY LOGOS REFERS TO JESUS IN JOHN 1:14 AND JOHN 1:1-5.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote "LOGOS will always be an IT, and for John 1:14 it is 'the voice' of God, that would form his plans and purposes, and in this case, for the first time in history, become a part and inside of flesh, in the human being called Yahshua".

You literally wrote that the Word is an "IT" and you wrote that the Word is "a part and inside of flesh, in the human being called Yahshua".

You literally and dishonoringly call Jesus an "IT" - again, so you persist in practicing lawlessness (Matthew 7:21-23).

The Apostle John wrote "the Word manifested flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth" (John 1:14).

John wrote that the Word manifested flesh - the exact same thing as Jesus manifested flesh.

John wrote that the Word dwelt among the Apostles - the precise equivalent as Jesus dwelt among the Apostles.

The English word "flesh" in John 1:14 accurately refers to Jesus.

The English word "Word" in John 1:14 accurately refers to Jesus.

Your heart is so massively confused, just look at the the opening analysis in this post.

Your confusion is not of God because "God is not a God of confusion but of peace" (1 Corinthians 14:33).

YOU DECEIVE WHEN YOU WROTE "LOGOS will always be an IT," BECAUSE TRULY LOGOS REFERS TO JESUS IN JOHN 1:14 AND JOHN 1:1-5.

And the IT of course means as you quoted me and also from my previous post are:....the voice of God, or the expressive thoughts of God, the instructions of God, the commands of God, the messages of God,,,etc used always with his Spirit to execute and complete. They always work together like hand and glove...the word and the spirit. What an invincible team of wisdom and power over all in creation.

They are all an IT I'm afraid Kermos. I cannot force them to mean something that they are not, like a person called Yahshua. That would be dishonest..

The IT for the (W)word is John 1:1 and 14 are all forms communications, intelligent, logical and purposeful communications from the Father to execute via his Son, literally.

Like I said before, every site needs a Kermos. A mere IT it is, as grammar dictates it Kermos, and not an HE. I cannot change grammatical rules just for your pet theory.

Let's take a vote....the ITs or the HEs...
The mere ITs have it Kermos..:D

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the IT of course means as you quoted me and also from my previous post are:....the voice of God, or the expressive thoughts of God, the instructions of God, the commands of God, the messages of God,,,etc used always with his Spirit to execute and complete. They always work together like hand and glove...the word and the spirit. What an invincible team of wisdom and power over all in creation.

They are all an IT I'm afraid Kermos. I cannot force them to mean something that they are not, like a person called Yahshua. That would be dishonest..

The IT for the (W)word is John 1:1 and 14 are all forms communications, intelligent, logical and purposeful communications from the Father to execute via his Son, literally.

Like I said before, every site needs a Kermos. A mere IT it is, as grammar dictates it Kermos, and not an HE. I cannot change grammatical rules just for your pet theory.

The mere ITs have it Kermos..

Jesus is the Word of God manifested flesh (John 1:14).

John 1:14 does not say "the voice manifested flesh" (the delusionally limiting word of APAK).

Every occurrence of the word "Word" in John 1:1-14 refers to Jesus.

You literally and dishonoringly call the Word, Jesus, an "IT" - again, so you persist in practicing lawlessness (Matthew 7:21-23).

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Word of God manifested flesh (John 1:14).

John 1:14 does not say "the voice manifested flesh" (the delusionally limiting word of APAK).

You literally and dishonoringly call the Word, Jesus, an "IT" - again, so you persist in practicing lawlessness (Matthew 7:21-23).

Nice same try again Kermos, although beating yourself against the wall again and again will not cause a breakthrough in truth...

I love my God and his Son very much and they are in my heart right now. And the Son know he represents and he is the word of God, of his Father. The Son could never take away the primary function and raison d'etre, the key intrinsic attribute of his Father. Now that would insane and literally impossible to do as the Father is the Creator with his word and Spirit and the other, the created, now human immortal and divine spirit and still the word of God....

and have a happy rest of the week....APAK

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice same try again Kermos, although beating yourself against the wall again and again will not cause a breakthrough in truth...

I love my God and his Son very much and they are in my heart right now. And the Son know he represents and he is the word of God, of his Father. The Son could never take away the primary function and raison d'etre, the key intrinsic attribute of his Father. Now that would insane and literally impossible to do as the Father is the Creator with his word and Spirit and the other, the created, now human immortal and divine spirit and still the word of God....

and have a happy rest of the week....APAK

That's a weird, convoluted, evil thought process considered in unison with your prior writing in which you refer to the Word as "IT":

The mere ITs have it Kermos..

"The Word manifested flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. John testified about Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’" (John 1:14-15).

The Word is "the only begotten from the Father", so the Word is Jesus.

The Apostle John wrote that the Baptizer "John testified about Him" - the "Him", not "IT", the "Him" is the Word, so the Word is Jesus.

John the Baptist testified "He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me" - the "He", not "IT", the "He" is the Word, so the Word is Jesus.

In a bout of foolishness, your think "God cannot be the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" then you turn around to preach "Jesus' flesh is Jesus white that same flesh is also a separate 'IT' called the word".

Your devilish deception is VERY apparent.

YOU DO NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS.

The Truth (John 14:6) is that Jesus is God for the ever living Word of God proclaims this Truth "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (John 8:58) and the Word of God says "I will settle him in My house and in My kingdom forever, and his throne shall be established forever" (1 Chronicles 17:14), so according to the Word, Lord Jesus existed in eternity past and will exist in eternity future which means the Word is uncreated thus the Word proclaims that the Word is YHWH God for there is NO other that exists in eternity past and future (Isaiah 45:5).

Jesus is God with us per the Apostle (Matthew 1:23), so Jesus is truly Almighty God, YHWH, with us (Revelation 1:8)!

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno