Who is Nehushtan? Why isn't Christ Nehushtan? Why hasn't your pastor ever so much as mentioned...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know bb, there are some stories in the O.T. I just don't like and can't really absorb. This is one of them.

So...the Israelites were complaining,,,,AGAIN.
They had no food,
They had no water,
They said they liked it better back in Egypt,
They had no Word, [as if the physical food for the body in Egypt was proper nourishment]

They had no Holy Spirit, [as if the adequate drinking water (H2O) would quench their spiritual thirst... but were they concerned about that?]
They said they liked it better back in sin, [Does this sound like any supposed Christian you have met?]

Better to be a slave for a bit of food and some water.
The desert heat had gotten to them and they couldn't think straight anymore.

They had been especially chosen by God but they really did not understand a thing. Did they wanted to sit on cushioned seats in a comfortable air-conditioned building and let some preacher man tickle their ears? Do we understand more today?

Even the manna was tasting disgusting lately.
A nice steak and potatoes woulda been nice.
Even what we call the Word, which is really only ink on paper, is disgusting to us because we are led by the whims [tastebuds] of our carnal minds instead the Holy Spirit which would quicken those words on paper to the Word of God in us.

So God got mad at them.
As He is mostly certainly mad at probably most or even all bearing the label of Christian today.

Not like the God in the N.T, is He?
He is exactly the same God who never has changed.

So first He sends snakes to bite them
When they were like the 9 lepers who received healing and walked away without looking back instead of like the one who gave God the glory!
Are their not snakes already biting them and they are already dead unable to believe [OSAS] that God would allow poisonous snakes among them.

then He tells Moses how to fix the problem
Our Moses is the written scriptures and the quickening power of the Holy Spirit but so long as we deny the power... how can our problems be fixed? [Did the children of Israel ever opposed Moses openly?]

and Moses makes the bronze snake thingy.
The people that got bitten
by the snakes God sent to bite them,
would look at the bronze snake thingy and get healed.
And today men have Jesus and the power of the Holy Ghost and anointed men of God to call upon when they are sick...
Of course most people, wisely [?] visits a doctor or an emergency room first and then sometimes as an afterthought look to God's provision.

I'm so confused right now.

I hear there are some persons down in the south that
play with snakes during service.

Here, we try to keep away from them as best as we can.

So.
Whaddaya think?
A few years back I met a man on a country road in Oklahoma who attended church service with real snake handlers. We had a long conversation. They always used deadly poisonous snakes. During our talk he admitted that Mark 16:18 was probably speaking of spiritually deadly "snakes" that usually walk on two feet that poisoned the hearts and minds of men with their words. But as we parted he also declared that he had worshipped with the snake handlers all of his life and was NOT going to change now.

Reactions: GodsGrace
B

brakelite

try again i mean, since this one wont hold water
It may not hold water according to your Cherry picked verses which you present constantly to challenge the faith of many, but it does hold water to me when the whole of scripture is taken into account.
You do not expect to be resurrected if certain conditions are met, such as repentance?
You do not have a hope/expectation of living forever.. Eternal life?
What do you make of these....
KJV Romans 3
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Now of course those verses may be disagreeable to you, and you may prefer other translations. Fine. Dig them out and let's look at them. Because while you may think "the son of man cannot die for another's sins" you seem to reject the concept that the Son of God can.
Who is Jesus to you? You say it is ridiculous for folk to worship Him. I presume you mean by that the real Jesus. I agree it is ridiculous to worship a false Christ... But what of the real Jesus... The real Messiah? Who is He to you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is another you've brought up a lot. What do these mean to you?

Much love!

Glad that you asked.
I’m sure I have asked about them all too , over time , but I am still unsure

It all ‘sounds’ very wise ....but clear as mud to me.

A bit like Davids 5 stones in his bad , B slings one here and there from time to time....but, not wanting to appear foolish ...I just duck and let it fly by.

I thought everyone else except me , knew. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No you did not say brass, I was merely referring to what was stated in my original post. In that post it says brass.
oh, gotcha. While i like bronze bc it would eventually lead ppl to "bronze age" maybe and then "bronze age collapse" which leads to some quite fascinating insights on the way knowledge--making bronze in this case--was held and used then--those who made bronze were basically the priestly caste, the knowledge was a closely guarded secret, that became um spared basically overnight--brass also works well enough for the symbolism i think? although you do lose the history, yeh.

what we are basically ignorant of is the Bronze Age Collapse--anyone get any BAC in their twelve years of PS? No, right? Therefore it more or less never happened, for us, right? So we might hear incidentally but never really grasp that even reading and writing was a closely guarded knowledge, if you werent at least a scribe--basically the lowest rung of the hierarchy, strictly order-followers who knew the code--and you happened to suss out the code and get caught reading or writing, you were dead, see.

So then cross the Sea of Reeds loses its impact, and the fact that vowels were invented by the Hebrews is also obscured to us, right, no one here believes that, right, we all believe that Hebrew has no vowels, still, yeh, doesnt matter how many times someone points out God of the Vowel People or YHWH, bc what is taught to us is literally getting more obscure, Jehovah, not less, AEOU, right...anyway, brass, yeh, brass now becomes another way to make a nuanced ref to bronze, it becomes another symbol, for what we are taught perhaps, as opposed to what really is. Bc now Moses et al crossed the Red Sea by God, and anyone who actually Reads the Bible and finds Reed Sea is a kook, right.

So before--back when you couldnt read nor write you also couldnt be caught with a Bible either, right, forgot that part--so before, the Bible was literally kept away from us but now that is not necessary bc it is kept from us spiritually, see, by our teachers, who are now the Scribes more or less, they are now the bottom rung of the elite so to speak, same respect and simultaneous lack of respect, same pay scale and treatment and everything, only now we think logically and we know stuff, right, whereas then they were at least all pretty much Naives, at least much moreso than we are today i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'm curious, why do you keep bringing up these references? What do they mean to you?

Much love!
marks you are the literal reader, and those are Scripture, and the Q is what do they mean to you, ok. To me they mean just what they say, literally, wadr

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You do not expect to be resurrected if certain conditions are met, such as repentance?
You do not have a hope/expectation of living forever.. Eternal life?
well BL look at what you're doing now, i mean i've been here for years now and you're just asking me this? It's all well and good to say that i am cherry picking and you are using the whole Bible, but see i "cherry pick" those verses because i can't get any engagement at those verses? And with all due respect I'm still not getting any engagement, all you are doing is ignoring the verses and posting me a question that ignores those verses, see. "Nevermind that, what about this?"

Bc "immortal" does not mean "living forever" at all, right? Immortal means something else entirely! And what ol Preach said at our baptisms, bah, thats just some words that he has to say to make it official, huh, we dont really need to be paying any attn to what he says, about us resurrecting right then, right that second, huh. And Eternal always means forever, dunnit, has to mean forever, always, eternal and immortal must conflate? Right?

so no offense, ok, but i think the answers i would give to those questions are plain enough already? They are moot and irrelevant questions, bl, the way you have asked them at least, ok? And fwiw idc and also do not think any less of you for holding as not Beliefs--not by a long shot--but as ATs, your defs of the pertinent terms, either, that is entirely up to you, you get to define those, not me

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And today are there not people pronouncing with their mouths the name Jesus but speaking with tongues of snakes their own man made ideas effectively biting the hearers and filling them with poisonous messages Not from God?

The way that is handled is simple, stay with The Word of God and not what man says. God's Word, line upon line, chapter by chapter, keeping to the flow, gets the gainsayer every time.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but see, reagrdless of your definitions,
There is only One Immortal
He who seeks to save his soul/life will lose it
No one has ever gone up to heaven
you and your sons will be here with me
if you dig a pit for others you end up in it yourself

and i could go on, at length, all Scripture, and you can certainly nevermindthatwhatabouthis if you like, yes you have some Paul is read to their destruction, and i am aware of those vv too ok, that are relied upon via the installation of warped definitions that cannot be debated, lest the whole tower fall, right? See if it turns out that i am resurrected after i literally die, and my ego somehow gets a second life, then that is all gravy to me, bl, bc i dont yet know, see, what i will become. Christians, they know, right, but i do not know.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

The way that is handled is simple, stay with The Word of God and not what man says. God's Word, line upon line, chapter by chapter, keeping to the flow, gets the gainsayer every time.
then in that vein you might provide your support for the Bible being the Word, Davy, and we might actually see what is what there, ty!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then in that vein you might provide your support for the Bible being the Word, Davy, and we might actually see what is what there, ty!

Sounds like some secret coded message there bbyrd009. You'll have to be more clear than that.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sounds like some secret coded message there bbyrd009. You'll have to be more clear than that.
hmm, ok, not sure how i could be tbh, i can only rephrase i guess, "please say or Quote why you have come to believe that the Bible is Word." Which i use "believe" quite loosely there, as i expect we are about to see it is not a belief at all, but cart/horse for that one lol, nevermind that part right now.

Where we apparently um Stand at the moment is "Easter is in the Bible, and the Bible is Word, ergo Easter is Word" iyo, yes? Basically? And i am aware of the arguments for the pov, not meaning to make any judgements herenow on that specific matter/belief, ok, not sure where you stand on "kjv only" at the moment...he said duplicitously lol

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Word up, brother,
Iron sharpens iron too right
see, so give us the line if you would, what is the chapter, and what do men say?
Let's "read the Word" and reason together shall we, that we may all see
Hopefully you are a "literal" Reader, yeh?
so, Quote the v or vv, and we'll take off from there, and let Scripture be our guide, no idea myself where this will end up tbh, dont care really

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You know bb, there are some stories in the O.T. I just don't like and can't really absorb. This is one of them.

They had no food,
They had no water,

So God got mad at them.
So first He sends snakes to bite them...

So.
Whaddaya think?
ah, just saw this, sorry. I am not really reading threads here anymore, at least right now, season and all here, so if you want me to see something esp in summer you gotta tag me k? A reply i gotta think about here, how to put it, so brb later ok.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

They had no food,
They had no water,

So God got mad at them.
So first He sends snakes to bite them...

So.
Whaddaya think?
so, it is my suspicion that the passage is more or less rendered spiritually unavailable to us now bc we are instructed to read about ppl dead for thousands of years now, and all hopelessly lost sinners to boot, right? Rather than a mythology meant to impart spiritual truth that cannot be factually verified and in fact has more or less been factually de-verified, as we have now gotten quite sophisticated with our archeology and we now know that even ancient civilisations leave distinguishable evidence, and roughly 5000 years ago with ppl and not dinosaurs? is childs play for us now, may as well be reading sworn testimony lol. So imo that is why the passage is not srsly reflected upon nor understood by you, us, bc our teachers have turned it into sh-t, see, and we have a whole other myth about what is it? now right, a totally meh piece of, basically spare refuse or even offal i guess

but see "we're tired of this manna, give us some meat," i could quote four diff posts to me now all reiterating that same perception, which you may have missed, but all pretty recent, all this year. "You already admit that you dont know (what you are talking about), why cant you just say what it is," etc?

Last edited: