Who is pierced other than in ears? (as in e.g., Exekiel 16.12, etc.)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierced, or considering piercing, at other than ears?

• Yes, I have it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No, but would consider it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
It's a phase that both genders go through. I think it's worthwhile doing; some ppl will keep using the piercings; others 'retire' them. I guess the trick is to keep the holes open and usable for if one wants to use them; while knowing if to remove them in certain situations.

Sometimes ppl gauge up somewhat and wear plugs of varying sizes.

@justbyfaith seemed a bit concerned of what ppl might think if he did it, but really - especially with some of the studs and even small plugs - they can truly be a wholesome, rugged and manly look.

they were cool when i was a kid. but now im thinking how would such a thing benefit me. will it raise my spiritual awareness, help me learn greek, eastern philosophy, help my kids understand what no means, keep my boss from telling me its not good enough, if not then i dont need them any more.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
they were cool when i was a kid. but now im thinking how would such a thing benefit me. will it raise my spiritual awareness, help me learn greek, eastern philosophy, help my kids understand what no means, keep my boss from telling me its not good enough, if not then i dont need them any more.
Sound like removing your earring is fine for you!

@justbyfaith was thinking of it as a witness tool; but it's not for everyone; only for the motivated to refer it to the wealth of verbal imagery about the bondservant.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sound like removing your earring is fine for you!

@justbyfaith was thinking of it as a witness tool; but it's not for everyone; only for the motivated to refer it to the wealth of verbal imagery about the bondservant.
Also if you want to reach the younger generation I don't know whether it is still considered to be cool but if it is it could be a benefit to reaching them.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Also if you want to reach the younger generation I don't know whether it is still considered to be cool but if it is it could be a benefit to reaching them.
Indeed; you are absolutely right. (Has your wife considered this factor yet?)

Maybe you yourself are frequently around young ppl, also?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So...silver for the spiritual type for redemption?

Or Gold for the type for the nature of God?

Or a lovely big diamond as a type of our spiritual life , moving through from wood, to charcoal, and pressured into a final beautiful diamond, fit for the Kings crown? :)

Be blessed....H
PS: @"ByGrace" Added to your really excellent points here, I think @justbyfaith makes a really good point, above, where he reckons that piercings are a fine, potential way to communicate with the young generation, don't you think? (particularly adapted to your suggestions, above).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So...silver for the spiritual type for redemption?

Or Gold for the type for the nature of God?

Or a lovely big diamond as a type of our spiritual life , moving through from wood, to charcoal, and pressured into a final beautiful diamond, fit for the Kings crown? :)

Be blessed....H
Again, what a lovely post! :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No...haven't considered it...but only because I like to keep away from pointy things!
PS: I guess you don't object to the idea of ear piercing, though, do you? :)

(In Ezekiel 16.12 the Lord Himself is recorded as giving earrings to Zion and even a nose ring!)

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS: I think you said your daughter is interested in doing it...once you let her, right?
So...question. Why does this matter so much to you? You seem really "up" on the whole piercing and tattooing deal. And, I'm not against it. But...I'm not sure I find the topic emminently worthy of much consideration. Obviously you do, which is fine...I suppose I'm wondering why.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So...question. Why does this matter so much to you? You seem really "up" on the whole piercing and tattooing deal. And, I'm not against it. But...I'm not sure I find the topic emminently worthy of much consideration. Obviously you do, which is fine...I suppose I'm wondering why.
Oh..topical...proven conversation-starters...a parlor was near us & various others not far away; and I think you'll probably find family members' possible interest in parlors may be somewhat relative to their proximity also, right...

And, I'm not against it.
:)