Who is pierced other than in ears? (as in e.g., Exekiel 16.12, etc.)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierced, or considering piercing, at other than ears?

• Yes, I have it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No, but would consider it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have considered piercing my ears as a testimony of becoming a bondservant to Christ; but probably would never pierce anywhere else. I see no real reason to do so.

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have considered piercing my ears as a testimony of becoming a bondservant to Christ; but probably would never pierce anywhere else. I see no real reason to do so.
Sounds a really good idea; anything that can possibly become a talking point for you to testify in further opportunities.

Interestingly the Messianic language of Psalm 40: 'Mine ears hast Thou opened' ('opened' = Hebrew: digged, i.e., pierced) has the bondservant lingusitic imagery also; which is also latent in Philippians 2, re. God's Servant.

(You mention both ears; and yes, it's now the custom for men to do both ears, and worthwhile doing both rather than one. I agree that it's often females that do nose - as in Ezekiel 16.12.)

If you just go and have your ears done, you'll then not have any mental 'hurdle' of whether to do it; just do it, and you'll likely not regret it.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@justbyfaith PS: Did you know this verse from the hymn?

"My Master, lead me to Thy door;
Pierce this now willing ear once more;
Thy bonds are freedom; let me stay
With thee to toil, endure, obey."

It's by Handley G. Moule. (A few ppl might say, Oh well he must have been a young man of either hippy or extreme Pentecostal tendencies. Actually, no: he was a rather serious, Anglican bishop from England, born in 1841. The bondservant ear piercing imagery is actually a very solid, wholesome thing. The point, as the hymnwriter points out, that we should be very willing to pierce our ears: figuratively - and some ppl are also willing to do it actually also.)

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever." Exodus 21:5-6

Not two ears, but only one!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever." Exodus 21:5-6

Not two ears, but only one!
Certainly it would have to be the left ear then.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that homosexuals testify to what they are by having earrings in their right ears.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And therefore, an earring in the left ear would be more according to the message that the person with the earring is a bondservant of Christ.
When men used to do one ear only this might at times have been the assumption by some; although now that men do both, it's somewhat moot, it would seem.

Whether you do both ears, or left ear only, you can use it as a talking point for what you want to talk about, right?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think because the right side shows honor, respect, etc in ancient cultures. The left would show servitude.
So would you prefer the idea of men wanting a visible talking point about the Biblical bondservant analogy to be pierced with in the left ear? the right ear? or both?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether you do both ears, or left ear only, you can use it as a talking point for what you want to talk about, right?
I'm not sure it would even be a talking point. But come to think of it, it might be.

I know that my wife is opposed to it and for that reason it probably isn't going to happen.