Who is pierced other than in ears? (as in e.g., Exekiel 16.12, etc.)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierced, or considering piercing, at other than ears?

• Yes, I have it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No, but would consider it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@"ByGrace"

I think that if I did it I would choose silver for redemption; to signify that my bondservice to Christ is based on His redemption in my life. I might relate what I usually do about how we love Him because He first loved us and that our obedience to Him is based on our gratitude towards what He did for us.

....Thumb.gif

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@"ByGrace"

I think that if I did it I would choose silver for redemption; to signify that my bondservice to Christ is based on His redemption in my life. I might relate what I usually do about how we love Him because He first loved us and that our obedience to Him is based on our gratitude towards what He did for us.
Do tell your wife just how strong a message this would be as a witness tool! and maybe she would be able to overcome her subjective feelings and maybe accompany you instead to see you getting your ears pierced.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@"ByGrace"

I might relate what I usually do about how we love Him because He first loved us and that our obedience to Him is based on our gratitude towards what He did for us.
Well, this would be a really good explanation from John's First Epistle of the symbolic meaning of your piercing, if you do it, right?

Seems like it would be very worthwhile.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes cry out in tongues, Shay le de boss...

Very likely translated in both of our minds as, "She lady boss."

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
She doesn't wear earrings.
So would she find it odd if you wore them but she didn't?

Frankly there is such wholesome, inspiring figurative meaning to pierced ears - as you and @"ByGrace" have already well identified - that it might be helpful to you if she could understand that her bare earlobes are no reason for you to hold back! (If she asks you what you want for Christmas, how about telling her, an ear piercing voucher from a jeweler's...)

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it is going to work. She is pretty adamant; and I am also concerned about giving a wrong message because it could be mistaken for something else because my biological dad lives a certain questionable lifestyle.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
... She is pretty adamant; and I am also concerned about giving a wrong message because it could be mistaken for something else because my biological dad lives a certain questionable lifestyle.
Well, you must know, but actually it's highly likely that once you did them she would get accustomed to them very quickly and after a while would hardly imagine you without them. Even if she now says definitely she doesn't like the idea. As regards the other point, well, some ppl years ago might even have made bad comments about women with pierced ears - but there is no truth to these comments; it's even in the Bible for both men and women. It's what you make of it; what you use them for that counts.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
i have been pierced in the hands, feet, and legs with nailguns and staple guns. im a bit reckless with those things. and yes i have also shot my coworkers. it may sound bad but i can build things really fast!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i have been pierced in the hands, feet, and legs with nailguns and staple guns. im a bit reckless with those things. and yes i have also shot my coworkers. it may sound bad but i can build things really fast!
So would you ever consider piercings / plugs?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i had a pierced ear when i was 16 but im a grown man now.
It's a phase that both genders go through. I think it's worthwhile doing; some ppl will keep using the piercings; others 'retire' them. I guess the trick is to keep the holes open and usable for if one wants to use them; while knowing if to remove them in certain situations.

Sometimes ppl gauge up somewhat and wear plugs of varying sizes.

@justbyfaith seemed a bit concerned of what ppl might think if he did it, but really - especially with some of the studs and even small plugs - they can truly be a wholesome, rugged and manly look.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No...haven't considered it...but only because I like to keep away from pointy things!
There's been quite a surge in piercing & tattoo parlor services in recent years in North America (maybe in Australia, too) : a lot of what's available is pretty benign really; some of it IS over the top somewhat, but I myself certainly wouldn't 'moralize' against it altogether.