Who is Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hmm, reinforces for me that the very worst place one can be in is the place of assuming that they know a single thing lol.
Yes, makes it hard, the analogy . i think thats teh term it like the karate student who thinks he is so good, till teh sensei sits with him and asks him to hold a glas,, than proceeds to fill it till it is overflowing, and the student exclaims, what did you do that for, than the master takes teh glass turns it upside down and empties it, and says, when you come to me ampty like this glass, than I can teach you", and so teh devil uses that little incorrecty interpreted verse about studying to find ones self aproved to get people to study teh bible, and they get filled with mens wisdom, understanding and knowledge but cant be taught be Jesus because we can so easily become so filled up with ourselves. no place for Him, whcih is why teh bible is such a problem. Wh nwe come to that place where we can admit to ourselves that we know nothing and He knows all, than we can be taught by Him.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Eph_4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus

:Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

there is no other way though teh devil does find many

and you wont find it taught in church because when people finally realise they have Jesus who is waiting to teach them the churches would be empty.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha funny how i agree with you one one level, and the Book even discusses "too much study," yet on another level i am now referring to the Book all day long lol, as IRL causes new hearing...

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
Yes, makes it hard, the analogy . i think thats teh term it like the karate student who thinks he is so good, till teh sensei sits with him and asks him to hold a glas,, than proceeds to fill it till it is overflowing, and the student exclaims, what did you do that for, than the master takes teh glass turns it upside down and empties it, and says, when you come to me ampty like this glass, than I can teach you", and so teh devil uses that little incorrecty interpreted verse about studying to find ones self aproved to get people to study teh bible, and they get filled with mens wisdom, understanding and knowledge but cant be taught be Jesus because we can so easily become so filled up with ourselves. no place for Him, whcih is why teh bible is such a problem. Wh nwe come to that place where we can admit to ourselves that we know nothing and He knows all, than we can be taught by Him.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Eph_4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus

:Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

there is no other way though teh devil does find many

and you wont find it taught in church because when people finally realise they have Jesus who is waiting to teach them the churches would be empty.
1st John 2.4 "those that say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars, and the truth is NOT in them.
John 14.15 Jesus said "if you love me keep my commandments"
Romans 3.31 "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.
Romans 2.21 ":it is doers of the law that are justified, not hearers of the law"
James 2 "faith without works is DEAD

Karate sensei cannot save you not even on the dojo..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1st John 2.4 "those that say they know Him and keep NOT His commandments are liars, and the truth is NOT in them.
John 14.15 Jesus said "if you love me keep my commandments"
Romans 3.31 "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law.
Romans 2.21 ":it is doers of the law that are justified, not hearers of the law"
James 2 "faith without works is DEAD

Karate sensei cannot save you not even on the dojo..
cant help you HTE you wont listen, I can only assume you are a SDA becuase thats all you speak of is that religion.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
cant help you HTE you wont listen, I can only assume you are a SDA becuase thats all you speak of is that religion.
Assume what you want..but you are wrong just as you are wrong about the word of God......Mark 7 and Matthew 15..you follow the traditions of man and not the commandments of God.
Maybe stick to the karate-do..and the sensei will help you randori?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Assume what you want..but you are wrong just as you are wrong about the word of God......Mark 7 and Matthew 15..you follow the traditions of man and not the commandments of God.
Maybe stick to the karate-do..and the sensei will help you randori?
even the bible declaers Jesus to be teh word of God ,but you only beleiv what you want. Have fun.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah, so both sides are roundly condemned, and it seems we have another draw here lol hmm
no not really I coud use

Mat_7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

but im not so sure he would understand what it means.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hmm. pretty sure he would want to claim it, himself...lol. But pulling tares is counter-productive, yes? you might be better served to seek where you agree imo.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
hmm. pretty sure he would want to claim it, himself...lol. But pulling tares is counter-productive, yes? you might be better served to seek where you agree imo.
are we not supposed to seek the truth, is it Godsfault men prefer books to Him is it His fault men reject grace in preference to teh Law, is it His fault men wont ask Him nor Seek His face, is it His fault they would rather believe a lie than go to Him for the truth, is it His fault He the living God got replace with a book that cant save anyone, cnat grannt them life but causes contention amongst those whom claim to be His, all mens fooishness to proud to admit we dont know anything and that He has all teh answers if we would but ask.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes, it is, all God's fault, and God even claims as much, at "I will harden his heart."

so, if you are justifying why you are pulling tares, or trying to, i don't think that is going to work out wadr, although i am still working this out myself, this "fault" thing, and seeing "fault" when there is a better way to see that, which, how that is supposed to play out in practice i'll get back to you, because i don't know yet lol

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
I think a good place to start is with Martin Luther. Once you understand his reasoning for separating then it all kind of plays out from there. IMHO, I feel some churches are formed to meet personal agendas. But, as it has been posted before, any doctrine outside of what is plainly in scripture is incorrect as it stands. But then again, it is also in how you interpret the scripture and what version of the Bible you consider the authority. I was raised NIV. That being said, I have also posted numerous examples of the same verse from 3 to 4 different versions of the bible and broke them down to show they all mean the same thing. It just depends when it was written and what vernacular was popular at the time. A good example of course is the KJV.

With that knowledge in hand, it comes back to interpretation. I feel some churches will misinterpret the Word and give false doctrine and blindly lead others. That is just my opinion.

God Bless,

BA
Martin Luther separated from the church to stay alive. Separation wasn't his intent, he was a reformer who tried to get the RCC to abandon non biblical practices, and attempted to reintroduce the gospel to the Roman Catholic Church as he was convinced that it had become lost in false dogma and practices. Luther's condemnation is what lead (in part) to "the reformation."

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i can't help but compare that approach to Paul's ministry...but i guess Peter's, ministering to the lost sheep of the Est'd church of the time, might be a better comparison? Contrast? Whatever? How much did Peter use condemnation, rather than exhortation of the Message, iow. Have to do a comparo there, i guess. We seem to be undergoing another reformation now, though. I guess something like 65 million+ have left est'd churches in Western Christianity, so mjr's prophecy might be characterized as happening before our eyes.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sword said:
My wife was saved doing the house work. Never asked Christ in to her life. But all of a sudden knew God was real and followed.No prayers. No confession nothing, Knew God was real and followed. as I said all of a sudden. I was asking her eb=very now and again if she would like to come to church with me and the kids. And it was always no thanks on the out side. But get stuffed in the inside :) I aint going. Then boom Gods real lol.
Doesn't matter if she suddenly realized that Go was "real".
That's not how a person gets saved.

Open your Bible to James 2:19 and you'l read that even the DEMONS believe in God and know He's "real".
Now, I ask you: Are they saved??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Doesn't matter if she suddenly realized that Go was "real".
That's not how a person gets saved.

Open your Bible to James 2:19 and you'l read that even the DEMONS believe in God and know He's "real".
Now, I ask you: Are they saved??
Still yelling please stop, its unbecoming of you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Still yelling please stop, its unbecoming of you.
Nobody's "yelling".
Like everybody else in the educated world - when I yell, II use exclamation points (!!!).

Now, with that being said - if you don't have an answer to my question, it's probably better that you keep your off-topic comments to yourself.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nobody's "yelling".
Like everybody else in the educated world - when I yell, II use exclamation points (!!!).

Now, with that being said - if you don't have an answer to my question, it's probably better that you keep your off-topic comments to yourself.
Only to you, and do you know if she is saved or not, I do doubt it,only God knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.