Who is Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2012
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
What a good question, I love to answer this. Jesus is right. When we die we can't take our denominations with us lol. God will look at man on judgement day and man will reply with his best efforts " well I was a baptist or I was a catholic" and man will actually think that God is impressed that they picked the right one. LOL Only our faith and what we did with it will be tested. Was our faith in Jesus, the Rock who saves? and what did we do with that faith while we lived here on this earth. Those works will be tested through the fire of God's smelter.

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
brokentuningfork said:
What a good question, I love to answer this. Jesus is right. When we die we can't take our denominations with us lol. God will look at man on judgement day and man will reply with his best efforts " well I was a baptist or I was a catholic" and man will actually think that God is impressed that they picked the right one. LOL Only our faith and what we did with it will be tested. Was our faith in Jesus, the Rock who saves? and what did we do with that faith while we lived here on this earth. Those works will be tested through the fire of God's smelter.
In God's eyes, denominations don't matter. I could imagine what God's response would be to that on judgement day, haha.

Fred will say "I'm a Baptist", Sally will say "I'm a Methodist", Bob will say "I'm a Lutheran" God's response "Mmmm k, so ya spent your life being in a denomination, very interesting......" (sarcasm) Not much difference to saying to God when ya get to heaven "Ah i always loved to look like a turtle on earth, i would die my hair green, put on my shell and crawl around on all 4s, you see my brother there he always thought he was a duck back on earth, but he had 5 toes on each foot, and his wings looked like arms, he had feathers tattooed all over his arm what a weird duck he was, a smelly one too." What's the difference? both pretty pointless information i reckon. hahaha

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ezackly :)
Heb 13:8 said:
who appeared in the flesh. 1 Tim 3:16.
...and the flesh profits nothing, insert verse here. That is all ancient history now, and you are the only Body that Christ has, now. Insert appropriate verse here. Wadr hearkening back to Jesus in that manner indicates Nehushtan worship, to me. Do you know what happened to Nehushtan? Do you see how this denies Christ, today, right now? Christ is not some dead icon, to be worshipped like a Snake on a Pole.

If all Christ means to you is some future relief, some day, from your current state of snake bite, because Jesus walked the earth 2000 years ago, then you are in a worse state than before you came to "Jesus." 7 times worse. That passage discusses the concept, very plainly. Did you see, and not see? If i ask you what Christ has done for you, is the answer going to mention sin? Sure it is. Get the point, ok, i'm not trying to be mean here.

Christ is alive, and right here, right now. If you are waiting for Christ, you are being deceived. This is the maximum level of being with Christ. You are His Body, and you have His Spirit. Right now. Understand I AM. Meet Him in the Air. Today. It is a simple step, and all of your Bible reading is not going to be in vain; that is your root. Yes, you will come to perceive every, single verse with different eyes once you meet Him in the Air, the Pneuma, and you grasp Dabhar, Word (which is not the Book, and not Christ, either, except in One expression).

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
...and the flesh profits nothing, insert verse here.
that's right, that is why Christ died on the cross for all sins and has already paid the sin debt. we either accept or refuse the free gift of salvation.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that's right, that is why Christ died on the cross for all sins and has already paid the sin debt. we either accept or refuse the free gift of salvation.
recognize that expecting Jesus to come and bodily remove you from Now is outright rejection then, if you will, regardless of how much Scripture you can quote.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
recognize that expecting Jesus to come and bodily remove you from Now is outright rejection then, if you will, regardless of how much Scripture you can quote.
Why do you keep changing the subject from salvation to rapture?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, you will come to perceive every, single verse with different eyes once you meet
But you missed teh whoe point, Jesus didnt just die for us on the cross, why do you think teh disciple spoke to Him afterwards, that was only the tip of the ice berg. You can have Christ "now", you can in teh spirirt visit God "now" we can have this most wonderfull relationships with Jesus and God "now" , we can be taught by Jesus "now" whats this waiting to ne caught up, thats than He is with us always.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

This is what He promised us all its not for the learned

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

We have a teacher

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Why

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
or as Jesus put it

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Again nothing has changed, teh bible put on a pedestal higher than God Himself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
But you missed teh whoe point, Jesus didnt just die for us on the cross, why do you think teh disciple spoke to Him afterwards, that was only the tip of the ice berg. You can have Christ "now", you can in teh spirirt visit God "now" we can have this most wonderfull relationships with Jesus and God "now" , we can be taught by Jesus "now" whats this waiting to ne caught up, thats than He is with us always.
what's wrong with waiting to be "caught up" is, you can be caught up right now, too, and have Christ with you always, even unto the end of the Age. Paul was describing what was a historical event, for him; it had already happened. Only God knows when it will happen in each believer, but also today is all you are, ever, going to have. And see also that you did not come to "Rapture" by yourself; men helped you to find this.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And see also that you did not come to "Rapture" by yourself; men helped you to find this.
What has rapture got to do with it,

Christ is with us "now" yet so many refuse Him, A friend of mine once asked Him why He talks to her, His answer was" I talk to all men. its just that very few will listen", Its not His fault there is so little faith.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

This is what He promised us all its not for the learned

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

We have a teacher

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Why

Joh_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
or as Jesus put it

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Again nothing has changed, teh bible put on a pedestal higher than God Himself.
well, i don't mean to do that, but see that you are bringing up Bible that just reinforces that Christ is HereNow, and you are at the maximum level of being with Christ, right now. And you might reach a higher maximum, when you meet Him in the Air, which i pray that you do, but that does not mean that you are not fine, right now. You are a tree, with a great root, and it is your flowers and your fruit that will be considered your production, your produce, your works, your yield. And when the Rapture is all burned up, i would have your fruit--which does not need to resemble my fruit, nor would i even want it to--be fire~proof. By all means, if you have found Word, It supersedes Bible, but for me that has manifested in discovering where we have scribed up the Book, and i have yet to find a case where the Book did not agree with the Word, in the original anyway. Meaning that the best thing the Book, in English, seems to be good for is a reference to get to the real. A starting point.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
Christ is with us "now" yet so many refuse Him,
yet you are also waiting for Christ to come and save you, now; you don't see a problem with this? ty
mjrhealth said:
A friend of mine once asked Him why He talks to her, His answer was" I talk to all men. its just that very few will listen", Its not His fault there is so little faith.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the next step, after that, is for you, or her, to start dividing people up, into those who listen and those who don't; isn't that right? Create an "us" and a "them," yes? However you might like to put it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
which i do not mean to denigrate; one must make judgements, for themselves. It is the fruit of these judgements that i question, understand. Do these judgements enable one to condemn, or to be extra careful in showing Love?

Iow there is no "treat them this way, and us that way" in Scripture; but there is, in many Christians' minds.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, i might be wrong, but this language is a trigger for me, sorry.

so then, i would ask you what your understanding of Nehushtan is, or lead you back to one of the other questions that i have previously suggested, that you declined to pick up.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
who listen and those who don't; isn't that right? Create an "us" and a "them," yes? However you might like to put it.
Jesus already did that,,

Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mar_7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Its always being teh way, look at Saul what it took for Him to see, a revelation from Jesus, His eyes where opened and than He saw all that He did before was worthless.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mjrhealth said:
Jesus already did that,,

Mat_15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mar_7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Its always being teh way, look at Saul what it took for Him to see, a revelation from Jesus, His eyes where opened and than He saw all that He did before was worthless.
Jesus already did that in such a way as to allow you to express your understanding of it; whether for condemnation, or contemplation. Christ came to condemn no one, mjr, so that has to be understood in context. Christ is allowed to call it like it is, because He has God as His Head, but it ends up being a chimera of one's desire to be superior and misinterpretation to suggest this division. Christ even provided an antithesis as an example in condemning the pharisees, the religious leaders of the day, the opposite of what we plainly witness to be the normal direction of flow for that condemnation. We are called to love the ones far from Him no less than, and morally, more than everyone else. While it seems normal to us, to make this value judgement, Christ does not condemn, pharisee episode notwithstanding. Everyone has their Saul moment at some point, i mean unless they have seared their conscience, and it is false and misleading to assume you can make a valid judgement upon someone else's walk based upon something you have seen, observed that should in any way way change your demeanor toward them, which would necessarily be away from love. Not saying i'm any good at this or anything, but that that is like the principle. Jesus was not setting standards, even as He was, so to speak. It is a back door into Law.

And when the Arnion of Elohim opened the second seal I heard as it were the sound of thunder: the second living being like a calf, saying, Come, and see! And there went forth another horse, fiery purros red, and power was given to the bear that was seated thereon to take peace from the Land, that they should maim and butcher one another, and there was given to it a great machaira sword of spiritual warfare. And the sun rose up, and tribulation arose because of the Word, and many man faced were scorched because they had no root: that which is dying let die, and that which is to be cut off let it be cut off. And the sevenfold voice of reverberation rumbled, Suppose I am come to send peace upon the Land? I tell you, No, but rather division. Think not that I am come to cast peace upon the Land; I came not to cast peace, but a machaira sword of spiritual warfare. For I am come to sever the man faced from his father: from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided; three against two and two against three. The father shall be divided over the son and the son over the father; the mother over the daughter and the daughter over the mother; the mother in law over her daughter in law and the daughter in law over her mother in law: And the enemies of a man shall be those of his own body temple household. sites.google.com/site/elaiasindex/

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't folow idols i follow Jesus Christ.
ha must be nice i run after idols like a dog in heat lol.

the pride thing is just constant

and the money thing, i keep getting irresistible ideas that would make stupid amounts of money, prolly, if applied, just blantantly obvious things, like bait, now...not sure what to do with that, it's like, "am i supposed to break off and go do this, really?" lol. tempting. Like, pipe dreams. Constantly seeking new outs. I invent ways that amaze me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.