Who is right ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
L.A.M.B., we've ALWAYS been like this. Look at the original Jewish Christians insisting that Gentile converts who worship their God need to keep kosher, take Saturdays off, and cut their foreskins off, while the Gentile converts thought their widows were being treated like second-class citizens. How about the Corinthians splitting into Apollos and Paul denominations? Hey, Paul and Barnabas had such a dust-up that they couldn't work together. Or Peter, Jesus's best buddy, wouldn't even eat with those Gentiles, and Paul called him out publicly. Aren't you glad the Bible shows us as we really are, warts and all? Later in Church history, you'd get the Nicene controversies, the Catholic/Protestant split....

The only thing I can do about it is resolve that the nastiness stops right here, right now, with me.

Yes, it has always been so past the first disciples that actually walked with Jesus.

I am trying to get others to see this point also @Lambano just as you've said it starts with me......thank you for seeing.

We are none of us right and IT IS NOT A QUESTION then of who is wrong either. IT IS A PERSONAL QUESTION OF HOW I MIGHT RIGHTLY FOLLOW GOD IN ALL HE SAYS, LIVE BY HIS PRECEPTS, AND MAKE BEING ONE WITH HIM MY ...GOAL !

If I have to stand toe to toe and offend to break down that encrusted barrier to get ppl to see TRUTH in his word then so be it.

Time is of the essence, this is life and death and the curtain is about to come down on all we think we know.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. okay. Didn’t think my explanation on the verse was any good, huh? That’s okay. I stand by it though.
Everyone believes different in some ways. But that’s not the core problem. If the minds of each of us are in process of being renewed to think like Jesus does, then we are all somewhere within that renewing and we just WILL have differences because being renewed and fully renewed aren’t the same thing.
So that can’t be what the core problem really is with nasty squabbles.

The problem is the flesh/arrogance/nastiness of one man stirring up the flesh of another man so that he answers in the same foolish/arrogant fleshy way the first man is speaking in.
THAT is the “never” do part of the verse.
Never answer a fool according to that kind of folly he is talking in or you become as foolish as him.

But then it’s not as simple as that because it’s not a quick fix when both men are still carnal. So first has to come the realization that I am the problem (and so is that other man). We are both in the same flesh boat. Yet I come to desperately want to not be part of the problem, which is hungering for true righteousness inside me. So trust (faith) must lead to hope in the promise that those who hunger for that true righteousness WILL be filled. I say I believe it but do I ASK for it (you don’t have because you don’t ask). And do I fail to ask for it because I have become convinced, as others say, that it cannot happen until I die and I must be content with only a “positional” righteousness while here on earth?

So I can see that, at the very least, the problem goes on because my lack of trust has led to not hoping in the promise that I can and will be filled.

The verse says, Until we all come to, #1, the unity of the faith (trust) that can move mountains and, #2, the knowledge of Jesus.
Trust and hope is first. We are to come to unity of trust in such promises that we’ve been given.
But we’ve been led to try to tackle #2 without first tackling #1, so we struggle to come to unity of the knowledge of Jesus without the trust first needed to GET us there.

Faith leads to hope in all the promises which leads to fulfillment in you of those promises which will lead to His love in us manifesting forth.
These three remain - trust, hope, love. They work in an order.

Lol you are mixing mine and Marilyns thread which is ok, for that is what we strive for the knowledge that will bring us into unity with God and the family or body of Christ.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange or unauthorised fire - I was thinking last night about one of the threads on the site about fakes and counterfeits and I thought of the men and women of God of old who carried the true fire and passed it on down through the generations - men like Spurgeon, Tozer, Wigglesworth and their like. That true flame still burns brightly.

But there are also those like Charles Taze Russell, Joseph Smith, Ellen G White and others as well as those who were active in establishing the Catholic church who have carried unauthorized fire.

As these verses say those who follow their false teaching have no inheritance.

Numbers 26:60-62 NIV
Aaron was the father of Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar. But Nadab and Abihu died when they made an offering before the Lord with unauthorized fire.)
All the male Levites a month old or more numbered 23,000. They were not counted along with the other Israelites because they received no inheritance among them.

Numbers 26:60-62 KJV
And unto Aaron was born Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the Lord.
And those that were numbered of them were twenty and three thousand, all males from a month old and upward: for they were not numbered among the children of Israel, because there was no inheritance given them among the children of Israel.

ABSOLUTELY AMEN ,SISTER.
WELL SAID AND ON POINT !

Reactions: Pearl

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the first, yes, I agree. I think you explained it well and it’s the same understanding God has brought me to on it. And I’m sure there’s even MORE He has to reveal on it.

In your second explanation, I have seen that angel of the Lord was/is Jesus. He IS the ladder that man saw. God manifest in flesh CAN be looked upon, thank goodness, and He was there and could be seen even BEFORE He manifested in flesh. Through Jesus we can see God and not die. I don’t know exactly how that is so, I just know it is. And Jesus confirms He was/is that ladder when He says, you will all see the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of man.
So anytime a man is said to see or speak with God face to face, or fear he is going to die, I believe it is the angel of the Lord/Jesus/the Ladder/the Door he has seen.

Pretty awesome that God made a way for us to see Him and not die but to live! It comes close to exploding my mind!
As the Word, Jesus is God's primary spokesman. Like you many times an angel is sent from God, we believe it might have been Jesus, although not stated as such. Keep in mind, no one has lived forever as of yet, and only those who are preserved through the tribulation will never have to die. And certainly God is not in error to state that whosoever sees Him will not live.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin

Many years Satan has sifted you as wheat with ALL THE LIES OF THE SOCIETY AND THEIR UNGODLY TRANSLATION of God's word.

Today however is your day of salvation. You chance to really see God in all his love.

Turn now away from Satan and his lies and be born again of faith by the Spirit of God.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin

Many years Satan has sifted you as wheat with ALL THE LIES OF THE SOCIETY AND THEIR UNGODLY TRANSLATION of God's word.

Today however is your day of salvation. You chance to really see God in all his love.

Turn now away from Satan and his lies and be born again of faith by the Spirit of God.
Do you think the Bible identifies the path we are to take L3?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve ALREADY exposed you.

You have accused the Catholic Church of being a false and “pagan” entity – yet YOU adhere to a Canon of Scripture that was compiled and declared by that SAME entity. In fact – you have your very SALVATION on that Canon of Scripture as the “Words of God” – and it’s the Catholic Church that TOLD you it was the Word of God.

So, tell me – HOW do you reconcile this with your belief that the Catholic Church is a false and “pagan” entity?
The fact that you CAN’T answer this question shows everybody reading this that I’ve exposed you.
Lol what tomfoolery.
You can't expose anything but my love for God the belief I have in his word and the Words I write here.
Oh I guess next you will perform an exorcism of this site and expose us all.

The devil has deceived many many ppl through false institutions, but the judge is God Almighty !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still at it @BreadOfLife .

Lol your beliefs of the Catholic institution is false and pagan.....in case you didn't get it, here it is again, the Catholic institution is FALSE AND PAGAN.

God has PRESERVED his word, not by the Catholic church, what dung for belief of this.

GOD HAS BEEN SPEAKING TO MAN SINCE CREATION.
He needs NO MAN to speak for him, yet he has chosen certain prophets, apostles and Holy Spirit inspired men to pen his history with Israel, his commandments, his doctrine and HIS will. Your institution is so full of paganism is why it is so widely practiced by heathens.

I have my very SALVATION as you say bc God sent of himself by HIS Spirit to a virgin; flesh of mankind; to live and dwell among us and by his D,B,R, HE REDEEMED MY SOUL FROM MY SIN DEBT ! I have been brought by a great price and love.

THE SPIRIT OF GOD BROUGHT CONVICTION INTO MY LIFE.......BY ....HIS......WORD; NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Catholicism is FALSE AND PAGAN. I serve a God that just SPOKE and it is so !

Feel free to expose me as a true believer in God and his word, have at it. I however DO NOT BELIVE A FALSE AND PAGAN RELIGION.

Ppl have religions of Allah, Hindus, Buddhism, Satan, Voodoo, Santeria ect. That DOES NOT make them God's children.

Reactions: Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the reformation and it's resistance against the RCC, we see many camps coming out. Since the late 1800's we have seen this breakdown, catholism,, christianity and cults.

Where is your trust ? Is it in your organization, the Word you understand or is it in God and his word ?
My Faith has always been in God first, then the bible, then church. And I believe in organized religion. Especially for those religions that practice worship in a reverent way. Honoring God without disorderly conduct.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judaism also has practices and rituals, feast that God instituted after their journey through the wilderness. These are done in remembrance much as we take the communion. However these are NOT FALSE and PAGAN; they are approved of God.

Even they have or had priest or Rabbis but they NEVER put them in the place of God!
Father, His Highness are terms delegated only to God as creator.
CATHOLICS having replaced the MEDIATOR with a man, might I add some who practice pedophilia and some that abuse others yet even some that commit murder have tried as Lucifer did to usurp God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still at it @BreadOfLife .

Lol your beliefs of the Catholic institution is false and pagan.....in case you didn't get it, here it is again, the Catholic institution is FALSE AND PAGAN.

God has PRESERVED his word, not by the Catholic church, what dung for belief of this.

GOD HAS BEEN SPEAKING TO MAN SINCE CREATION.
He needs NO MAN to speak for him, yet he has chosen certain prophets, apostles and Holy Spirit inspired men to pen his history with Israel, his commandments, his doctrine and HIS will. Your institution is so full of paganism is why it is so widely practiced by heathens.

I have my very SALVATION as you say bc God sent of himself by HIS Spirit to a virgin; flesh of mankind; to live and dwell among us and by his D,B,R, HE REDEEMED MY SOUL FROM MY SIN DEBT ! I have been brought by a great price and love.

THE SPIRIT OF GOD BROUGHT CONVICTION INTO MY LIFE.......BY ....HIS......WORD; NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. Catholicism is FALSE AND PAGAN. I serve a God that just SPOKE and it is so !

Feel free to expose me as a true believer in God and his word, have at it. I however DO NOT BELIVE A FALSE AND PAGAN RELIGION.

Ppl have religions of Allah, Hindus, Buddhism, Satan, Voodoo, Santeria ect. That DOES NOT make them God's children.

I’ll address ONE idiotic point at a time . . .

Idiotic point #1
You keep vomiting out the moronic assertion that the Catholic Church is “FALSE and PAGAN” – yet you have offered ZERO evidence for this. Weak and impostent . . .

Idiotic point #2

Your nonsense that God did NOT use the Catholilc Church to preserve His word is not just another childish claimi of yours – it’s historically-bankrupt. Time for a little History Lesson, son . . .

The Synod of Rome (382) is where the canon was first formally identified – ALL 73 (not 66) Books.
- 11 years after that, it was confirmed at the Synod of Hippo (393).
- 4 years later, at the Council (or Synod) of Carthage (397), it was yet again confirmed. The bishops wrote at the end of their document, "But let Church beyond sea (Rome) be consulted about confirming this canon". There were 44 bishops, including St. Augustine who signed the document.
- 7 years later, in 405, in a letter from Pope Innocent I to Exsuperius, Bishop of Toulouse, he reiterated the canon.
- 14 years after that, at the 2nd Council (Synod) of Carthage (419) the canon was again formally confirmed.

The Canon of Scripture was officially closed at the Council of Trent in the 16th century because of the perversions happening within Protestantism and the random editing and deleting of books from the Canon.
Consider yourself Historically-SPANKED . . .

So, YOUR repeated doging of my question is ALL the more embarrassing for you since I have established – with historical facts and dates – that the Catholic Church declared the Canoin of Scripture that you cling to as your SOLE Authority.
YOU and the rest of the world would NEVER have known that Jesus died for you had it NOT been for His Catholic Church, who preserved the Scriptures for 1500 years before a siongle Protestant even existed,
Them’s the HISTORICAL facts that youo cannot refute.

Sooooo, I’ll ask you yet AGAIN:
WHY
do you believe in the Bible, as presented by the Catholic Church – whom YOU insist is “False and Pagan”?? . . .

• Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:2-5 ( cxt )
4. God forbid: yea, let God be true,and EVERY man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightiest be JUSTIFIED in thy sayings, and MIGHTEST OVERCOME when thou art judged.

Acts 5:27-30 ( cxt )
29.Then Peter and the other Apostles answered and said, WE ought to OBEY GOD rather than man.

Proverbs 21:1-3 ( cxt )
2. Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.
Proverbs 16:1-3 ( cxt )

2.All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the LORD weigheth the spirits .

Our goal must be to PLEASE God.
Does your life challenge you to do so ?
Does you denomination, church, faith or whatever beliefs one holds to do so ?

We are told to search the scriptures, pray and seek God's will, to remain steadfast, to hold onto, and build up our faith..........this is YOUR life, you get to choose whom you will serve man or God !
Thinking about what I might say to a child about the meaning of life, it occurred to me to say,

"Life in this world is like growing up--you get to choose what you would like to be. You see, life is full of opportunities to choose between what is good and bad, what is good and what is evil. All of which is leading up to what we would like to be afterward--after we die. That is the way life was designed by God, who literally has given us the opportunity to chose good over evil in this life, and life over death after that. He even wrote a book about it."​

• Love
Reactions: Pearl and L.A.M.B.