Who is the "ONLY" True God Jesus referred to? (John 17:3)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the "ONLY" True God

• A God with Three Personalities!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been quite some time since I looked at the beliefs of that sect. A quick review is in order then. Here is a little bit of what they promote;

Jehovah’s Witnesses
publications
The Watchtower | August 2009

Good Religion Promotes Brotherly Love
“HE WHO does not love does not know God; for God is love,” states the Bible. (1 John 4:8, New Catholic Edition of the Holy Bible) Good religion, therefore, should promote brotherly love.
Many religions do an admirable job of caring for the sick, the elderly, and the poor. They encourage their members to apply the counsel of the apostle John, who wrote: “Suppose someone has enough to live and sees a brother or sister in need, but does not help. Then God’s love is not living in that person. My children, we should love people not only with words and talk, but by our actions and true caring.”—1 John 3:17, 18, New Century Version.

Jesus said: “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35, New International Version) As you answer the following questions, ask yourself, ‘Do members of this religion display love toward all men at all times not only with words but also with actions?’

According to this bit from their site they are to love all men at all times both in words and actions which is in line with my understanding of both the Father and the Son.

Maybe then the 'Question' is not of this sect. Since I can only judge fruit and not the origin of the tree it falls from I cannot properly make an association between the two at this point.

That's t he problem- they always look at men, instead of scripture, while being in sects themselves.

How churchy

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Of course such as these will deny that any are brothers who do not tow the church line and as such can be treated in any manner they want. This would be reminiscent of the crusades mindset where anyone who did not submit to papal dictates was a heretic needing cleansing by fire.

Indeed.

I find it slightly funny that we are being accused of being part of some as yet unspecified Christian sect / cult... lol. I don't remember signing up with any of those door to door religions do you? Maybe there's a new thing going on where they automatically sign you up with a sect / cult of their choice.

<chuckle> I think the JW's already signed me up. On the "Do not disturb" list.
We are "assumed" to be, we are guilty by association in that we are here.
Of course, so also are they <grin>.

Maybe choosing none IS a choice...

Indeed it is.

As for myself, I am just one of the Yisra'el of YHVH.

Reactions: KBCid and pia

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
It has been quite some time since I looked at the beliefs of that sect. A quick review is in order then. Here is a little bit of what they promote;

Jehovah’s Witnesses
publications

“HE WHO does not love does not know God; for God is love,” states the Bible. (1 John 4:8, New Catholic Edition of the Holy Bible) Good religion, therefore, should promote brotherly love.
Many religions do an admirable job of caring for the sick, the elderly, and the poor. They encourage their members to apply the counsel of the apostle John, who wrote: “Suppose someone has enough to live and sees a brother or sister in need, but does not help. Then God’s love is not living in that person. My children, we should love people not only with words and talk, but by our actions and true caring.”—1 John 3:17, 18, New Century Version.

Jesus said: “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35, New International Version) As you answer the following questions, ask yourself, ‘Do members of this religion display love toward all men at all times not only with words but also with actions?’

According to this bit from their site they are to love all men at all times both in words and actions which is in line with my understanding of both the Father and the Son.

Here's the catch: We are not "brothers and sisters", for we are not a part of the "in crowd", we are in effect: "infidels".

Maybe then the 'Question' is not of this sect. Since I can only judge fruit and not the origin of the tree it falls from I cannot properly make an association between the two at this point.

Whether associated or not, he spews some of the same. However, I would not judge JW's as a whole based upon the actions of the one. For the one clearly displays revealing traits ...

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jehovah’s Witnesses
publications

Maybe you don't know Christ at all.
How loving was he when he called some snakes, vipers, liars, deceiver, offspring of Satan, and painted tombstones?
None of us know each other, but I suspect if we all met, we'd likely HUH each other,

So why do you have no love for God?
Deep down inside ALL of you know who He is- but DENY it, because you love friends and family - and your church-much more.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's the catch: We are not "brothers and sisters", for we are not a part of the "in crowd", we are in effect: "infidels".

Whether associated or not, he spews some of the same. However, I would not judge JW's as a whole based upon the actions of the one. For the one clearly displays revealing traits ...

Ridiculous Claims from Ridiculous Religion.
But, how else to "save face"?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So apparently you are not of that sect.
So which sect do you place me in?

I have no idea, there are so many; and its hard to discern each ones faith unless they identify it.
And, YES, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses; one of the few that admits the blunders the WTBS have been making.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lol. Every time I hear infidels I see Achmed the dead terrorist saying "Welcome infidels" then "Silence I kill you"

Yes yes. I would not try to judge all according to one since each will die for their own sins. Fruit is what we judge... the heart is God's area.

Reactions: Richard_oti

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you don't know Christ at all.
How loving was he when he called some snakes, vipers, liars, deceiver, offspring of Satan, and painted tombstones?
None of us know each other, but I suspect if we all met, we'd likely HUH each other,
So why do you have no love for God?
Deep down inside ALL of you know who He is- but DENY it, because you love friends and family - and your church-much more.

Some of us here have found love for one another because of their love for God's truth that was shown as fruit from them prior to our accepting each other.
Again we have no church because they have all gone aside from God's truth... they ALL conform to the directions of man traditions and as such we keep ourselves from them and seek only those who are the true body of Christ that LOVE the Father and the Son and reflect their image in both word and deed.
You can attempt to judge our hearts but it will be God that judges a righteous judgment in the day that we will stand before them.
I on the other hand can only judge the fruit as I was directed by the Spirit and your fruit does not reflect Christ since you have not sought out what our stances are before proclaiming a judgment on us.

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of us here have found love for one another because of their love for God's truth that was shown as fruit from them prior to our accepting each other.
Again we have no church because they have all gone aside from God's truth... they ALL conform to the directions of man traditions and as such we keep ourselves from them and seek only those who are the true body of Christ that LOVE the Father and the Son and reflect their image in both word and deed.
You can attempt to judge our hearts but it will be God that judges a righteous judgment in the day that we will stand before them.
I on the other hand can only judge the fruit as I was directed by the Spirit and your fruit does not reflect Christ since you have not sought out what our stances are before proclaiming a judgment on us.

I don't pretend to judge hearts- but when Jesus' words are posted- then denied with church spin, THAT is what reveals the heart of the one doing so.
I love all here except two, who were SO dishonest I had to put them on the ignore list.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea, there are so many; and its hard to discern each ones faith unless they identify it.
And, YES, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses; one of the few that admits the blunders the WTBS have been making.

Ok here I will state again "I have no affiliation with ANY sect or cult calling itself Christian." and it is directly because NONE of them are properly following the Father or Christ and they do follow the dictates of men.
So you have been told in as plain a form of English that I can muster where I stand. There is also one other in this thread who stand as I do apart from that which man has established.

If you have chosen to follow a sect then you should not complain about the obvious errors they make. You have free choice... God has not commanded that you follow the creations of man and has in many places derided those who do follow after the traditions of men. If you follow God's truth who can accuse you? further who of importance would listen?

Gen 4:7 If you do right, won't you be accepted? But if you do not do right, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must master it."

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok here I will state again "I have no affiliation with ANY sect or cult calling itself Christian." and it is directly because NONE of them are properly following the Father or Christ and they do follow the dictates of men.
So you have been told in as plain a form of English that I can muster where I stand. There is also one other in this thread who stand as I do apart from that which man has established.

If you have chosen to follow a sect then you should not complain about the obvious errors they make. You have free choice... God has not commanded that you follow the creations of man and has in many places derided those who do follow after the traditions of men. If you follow God's truth who can accuse you? further who of importance would listen?

Gen 4:7 If you do right, won't you be accepted? But if you do not do right, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must master it."

VERY true- EXCEPT that Jesus Encouraged and ORGANIZED those believing to work together....

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
VERY true- EXCEPT that Jesus Encouraged and ORGANIZED those believing to work together....

There is no except. We of the true body seek those others who are also of the true body that we may follow Christ's lead to support one another. What WE don't do is join ourselves unto those who assert they are of the body but are really whited walls and follow the precepts of men.
The truth you may one day realize is that God has always had a small few that in every generation are kept by them. To this day there are few who are of the body that follow the lamb wherever he goes and do follow the Fathers commands but you will not find them in ANY organized religion following the dictates of man. They like the proverbial sheep wander through the land seeking the voice of the shepherd following in his steps and once in awhile some of them meet each other and walk in step with the shepherd.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no except. We of the true body seek those others who are also of the true body that we may follow Christ's lead to support one another. What WE don't do is join ourselves unto those who assert they are of the body but are really whited walls and follow the precepts of men.
The truth you may one day realize is that God has always had a small few that in every generation are kept by them. To this day there are few who are of the body that follow the lamb wherever he goes and do follow the Fathers commands but you will not find them in ANY organized religion following the dictates of man. They like the proverbial sheep wander through the land seeking the voice of the shepherd following in his steps and once in awhile some of them meet each other and walk in step with the shepherd.

Only LOST sheep wander around by themselves....and it sounds like YOU "assert they are of the body but are really whited walls and follow the precepts of men ", since you imply I don't already understand that, and claim to be "the true body".

Do YOU know and honor the God of Jesus Christ?

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only LOST sheep wander around by themselves....and it sounds like YOU "assert they are of the body but are really whited walls and follow the precepts of men ", since you imply I don't already understand that, and claim to be "the true body".
Do YOU know and honor the God of Jesus Christ?

Did you see me write anything about "lost" sheep? Or did you read that the sheep follow where ever the shepherd leads? twisting anothers words is also not Christ like.
The whited walls are the cults who assert they know God and yet follow the precepts of men.
I imply and state that you may one day see the truth of the sects and cults but it is only a possibility.

We who follow the shepherd Follow his Father who directs the shepherd.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The poll is slanted, the question reveals an agenda by a known anti-trintarian.

A Father, a Ghost, and Jesus can be misleading. If you word the question according to scripture;
Matthew 28:19, where Jesus instructs the apostles:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

Older translations use "Ghost" instead of "Spirit", it's the same thing.
Notice that Jesus says "...in the name of..." Singular. Not "names of", which would be plural.

Paul refers to the Trinity in 2 Corinthians 13:13
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.

Again, in Hebrews 9:14
how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to worship the living God!

Three divine Persons who are in one divine being, God.

Change the wording in the poll to the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and you should get different results.

Reactions: Helen

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you see me write anything about "lost" sheep? Or did you read that the sheep follow where ever the shepherd leads? twisting anothers words is also not Christ like.
The whited walls are the cults who assert they know God and yet follow the precepts of men.
I imply and state that you may one day see the truth of the sects and cults but it is only a possibility.

We who follow the shepherd Follow his Father who directs the shepherd.

Then answer the question to prove your claim: DO you know the God of Jesus Christ?