Who is the "ONLY" True God Jesus referred to? (John 17:3)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the "ONLY" True God

• A God with Three Personalities!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe so...but I still contend that His relationship to His Father during the 33 years is different than it was ..." before the foundation of the world"...and after He ascended.

But that's okay...I guess we will just have to 'disagree agreeably.'
Neither intend to change our belief on this.

How can such a relationship change- unless one loses love for another?
Serious!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can such a relationship change- unless one loses love for another?
Serious!

Jesus lay aside His glory to come...the Great Creator became our saviour. Emanuel God with us....He picked it up again when He returned.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus lay aside His glory to come...the Great Creator became our saviour. Emanuel God with us....He picked it up again when He returned.

Grace- God is STILL with Christians.
That name never meant that God left heaven to become a man.
Or that ONE of THEM did....
Power and Authority was never RETURNED to him, but was GIVEN to him.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it so important for you to prove your point?

Narcissism.

default_sad030.gif

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grace- God is STILL with Christians.
That name never meant that God left heaven to become a man.
Or that ONE of THEM did....
Power and Authority was never RETURNED to him, but was GIVEN to him.

Agree on the part that God is always with us...but there it ends./

He laid it down, and He took is back up.

Each to their own...only time will prove with whom the truth lays. No sweat.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Just think of it as a chain of command. You can't have the holy spirit without the word, and you can't have the word without the Father, who sent both the word and the holy spirit. Its not hard for me to understand, I really don't understand why its so hard for others.
i do think of it as a chain of command, me>the Son>the Father. thats the route my prayer takes. the trinity removes that chain, Father, Son is all the same according to the doctrine you can pray to the Son just as you pray to the Father, its not the example of Jesus IMO.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Blind Beliefs of those trusting Church rather than God.....

Attachments

• TellTruth.jpg
    TellTruth.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you come to a conclusion of three out of your redefining? or maybe there are two Gods? I would also point out that Eve was not the same being as Adam but was taken out of Adam. Tell me since Adam and Eve are the image of God what is the heavenly meaning for how Eve was formed?
GINOLJC, to all. @KBCid, no, not my conclusion, but God's conclusion. so I never came to any three, just NUMERICALLY two of the SAME ONE PERSON. and NO, not two Gods, but ONE GOD "ONLY". also let me point this out, Eve nor Adam are beings, they are "creatures", creations of The Lord Jesus, the only TRUE GOD, in or out of Flesh. now as for the the image and the meaning of Eve being formed, one simple answer, "ANOTHER". Eve is a Adam or Another of God's Image, which is "man". understand, God came in his own IMAGE to save mankind, supportive scripture, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come". another word for "figure" here is "Form" as translated in the KJV. and it means, The visible shape or configuration of something, hence Phil 2:6, and John 1. God was made flesh. let's see this from the begining. the first man/Adam was formed on day 3. the another Adam/man now known as Eve, yes, Eve is a man, (just a female man) taken out of the man is called a woman because she was taken out of man(see Genesis 2:21-23) . the only thing that was created in the Adam's was the sexes on day 6. this is the point that I was getting at which I see now you did not recognized, the woman is "ANOTHER" of the first formed man. understand the First Adam formed was in the image of God, "one". just as Adam the man (ONE CREATURE) was made two creatures, God is "Another" of himself in flesh but neither form or made, but shared, meaning only one PERSON, the SAME PERSON, or was what we do in flesh have offsprings, or as the Greek word express it G1085 γένος genos. and that word means, kin. as in our Lord case KINSMAN Redeemer. and the KJV can translate the word as KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock. THERE IS OUR, OR, AT LEAST MY DOCTORAL BELIEF, "diversity" see, as Adam, as with Eve, God is one, as a Diversity of himself in flesh and bone. not FORMED as Adam and Eve, but a "DIVERSITY" of himself in flesh. supportive scripture, Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me". now a side note, all those ministers who say they are mini God or as some say they are God also, that's a flat out..... let me put it this way, a word that begins with the letter "L" and rhymes with eye. see, that's why our Lord is a diversity, or offspring, or "ANOTHER" of himself by a virgin birth. in the Hebrew this is understood as an H259 echad, numerically speaking.

so KBCid, sorry that you didn't understand what I was saying. no problems, I thought you did.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"our Lord is a diversity, or offspring, or "ANOTHER" of himself by a virgin birth."

Oh my Godfrey!
The Divine Clone, who was a BabbyGod, and Teen God.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ultimate Game with Smoke and Mirrors, the Catholic-Fabricated 'Holy Trinity'.
Clear Polytheism excused away with the goofiest of ploys:

Can't Understand it? It's a 'Sacred Mystery'!
3 Gods? No They are 'One' God!
Son of God doesn't mean "son"- it only means (add your own blah-blah of choice).
Firstborn only means Jesus was first- he was never born; He always existed!
Begotten doesn't mean born- or begotten- it means (add your own blah-blah of choice).
'Holy Ghost'? No, we don't use 'Ghost' anymore; we use SPIRIT; why? (add your own blah-blah of choice).

Then an Army of fabricated words, designed to numb any mind trying to figure them out:
Trinity, a Triune Godhead, the Triunity, Co-Equal God Beings, Godhead, a Hypostaic Union, Divine essences, Divine Natures, a God-the-Son,
a God-the-GHOST, Hypostasis, Homoousios, Perichoresis , a Godman, Omnipresence, Incarnation, a God who is a Sacred Mystery,
a God 'in three persons', Dual natures, a reincarnate God, a first person of the trinity, a second person of the trinity,
a third person of the trinity, Godness, multipersonal God, etc, etc, etc
As if Jesus, the prophets or the Apostles taught ANY of that!

3 Co-Supreme Beings.
3 Gods

Attachments

• FunnyFace - Copy.jpg
    FunnyFace - Copy.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 0

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ultimate Game with Smoke and Mirrors, the Catholic-Fabricated 'Holy Trinity'.
Clear Polytheism excused away with the goofiest of ploys:

Can't Understand it? It's a 'Sacred Mystery'!
3 Gods? No They are 'One' God!
Son of God doesn't mean "son"- it only means (add your own blah-blah of choice).
Firstborn only means Jesus was first- he was never born; He always existed!
Begotten doesn't mean born- or begotten- it means (add your own blah-blah of choice).
'Holy Ghost'? No, we don't use 'Ghost' anymore; we use SPIRIT; why? (add your own blah-blah of choice).

Then an Army of fabricated words, designed to numb any mind trying to figure them out:
Trinity, a Triune Godhead, the Triunity, Co-Equal God Beings, Godhead, a Hypostaic Union, Divine essences, Divine Natures, a God-the-Son,
a God-the-GHOST, Hypostasis, Homoousios, Perichoresis , a Godman, Omnipresence, Incarnation, a God who is a Sacred Mystery,
a God 'in three persons', Dual natures, a reincarnate God, a first person of the trinity, a second person of the trinity,
a third person of the trinity, Godness, multipersonal God, etc, etc, etc
As if Jesus, the prophets or the Apostles taught ANY of that!

3 Co-Supreme Beings.
3 Gods
I agree with you to a point. but I always ask people what is their doctoral belief, meaning the basic of their doctrine. so you don't believe in 3 Gods, good. so what do you believe when it come to the Godhead?.

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you to a point. but I always ask people what is their doctoral belief, meaning the basic of their doctrine. so you don't believe in 3 Gods, good. so what do you believe when it come to the Godhead?.

Ahh! ANOTHER Thinker! I LOVE this site!
"Godhead".
God has no head.
One of Three isn't a Head Godbeing.

The Greek theiótes – meaning deity manifested (made known, i.e. the revelation of God (His attributes)
which reveals Himself for people to know, was translated as "Godhead",
a very misleading term.

Attachments

• GODhead.jpg
    GODhead.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: KBCid

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That like saying I am (OOPS! Not claiming to be God, Trinitarians!) = that's like saying I am a Manhead!