Who is the "ONLY" True God Jesus referred to? (John 17:3)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the "ONLY" True God

• A God with Three Personalities!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like you and your friends are afraid to consider the facts, you love your churches (or their traditions) so much...

Some of the people you allude to here have no ties to any cult nor the error inherent to them. We have chosen to follow the Son of God and the Father of all living where they lead and not as the traditions of men would try to take us. Some like myself are ardent students of ancient Hebrew and we have gone beyond the erroneous translations of man that many cults form their foundations on.
I recommend that you first assess the validity of what has been said before offering a simple rejection as you would likely find that there are more truths among some here than in any of the cults that currently try to drive their understandings onto others.
Please recognize that I am neither talking down nor up to you but rather as I would a friend eye to eye with the intent that you should bring a rational discussion to those who you may perceive as not having your POV. This is honorable as a follower of Christ.

Reactions: Richard_oti

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Based upon this last round of replies. I am beginning to think the importance of this goes much deeper in the theology of 101G than merely 'Adam and Khavah.

Apparently he has never sought out the meanings of the signs used in Strong's and the meanings of their usage.

120 'adam aw-dawm' from 119; ruddy i.e. a human being (an individual or the species, mankind, etc.)
:--X another, + hypocrite, + common sort, X low, man (mean, of low degree), person.

It should be noted that there are two signs that precede the word ANOTHER

the first is;
....where the symbol “:—” appears, is the listing of the English words the KJV translators used when translating the original language word. These are not definitions as many have been mistakenly led to believe.

The second is the X sign;
X (multiplication): denotes a rendering in the [text] that results from an idiom peculiar to the original language

"X" is used to describe situations where the word in question appears with another word or in a repeated phrase which multiples the original meaning of the associated word. For example, in Acts 5:42, the word for all/every (pas, Strong's G3956) appears with the word for "day" (hemera) resulting in the idea of "every day" or "each day" which results in the English translation "daily." Hence, the Strong's entry "X daily" means that when pas is combined with the word for "day" it multiplies the idea of "day" to denote "daily" (over and over, day by day).

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some of the people you allude to here have no ties to any cult nor the error inherent to them. We have chosen to follow the Son of God and the Father of all living where they lead and not as the traditions of men would try to take us. Some like myself are ardent students of ancient Hebrew and we have gone beyond the erroneous translations of man that many cults form their foundations on.
I recommend that you first assess the validity of what has been said before offering a simple rejection as you would likely find that there are more truths among some here than in any of the cults that currently try to drive their understandings onto others.
Please recognize that I am neither talking down nor up to you but rather as I would a friend eye to eye with the intent that you should bring a rational discussion to those who you may perceive as not having your POV. This is honorable as a follower of Christ.

-SNIFF!-
How touching. Not.
KBC, you can't come to Christ unless led by God, no matter HOW hard you research; proven by the fact you are IN a cult, or at least believe believe in cult (church) teachings.

The result- is your research is to find proof of such dogma, instead of setting it aside to see what the scriptures REALLY say.
Out of curiosity, to test your 'expertise'; what do YOU think is the most accurate Bible translation?

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-SNIFF!-
How touching. Not.
KBC, you can't come to Christ unless led by God, no matter HOW hard you research; proven by the fact you are IN a cult, or at least believe believe in cult (church) teachings.
The result- is your research is to find proof of such dogma, instead of setting it aside to see what the scriptures REALLY say.
Out of curiosity, to test your 'expertise'; what do YOU think is the most accurate Bible translation?

As you do unto others...

And since I stated plainly that we follow the Son and the Father where they lead you cannot convince that we follow any cult teaching.
There is no accurate bible translation. Understanding of God's intent comes through the Holy Spirit since even the Jews entrusted with the original language copy of it failed to grasp the fullness of its message.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ANY who reject the God of Jesus Christ, rejects Jesus, too, and is NOT a REAL Christian.
Simple Truth simple Fact.
I'll give you another chance to come clean. are you saying that there are two Gods, because, Jesus is our Saviour and our Saviour is God. Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ".

Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen". God is Saviour, and the Lord Jesus is that Saviour.

please reconcile these two verses.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh, the casting of aspersion.

Hello darkness my old friend
I've come to talk with you again....

...But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence
And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made...

The Sound of Silence Simon & Garfunkel

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KBCid: As you do unto others...
Q: I would hope others were truthful.

KBCid: And since I stated plainly that we follow the Son and the Father where they lead you cannot convince that we follow any cult teaching.
Q: That's because you abuse the word "cult". And you don't know God or Christ it appears. Just OFv them.

KBCid: There is no accurate bible translation.
Q: Then God didn't do very well- DID he? AND I said "MOST accurate". Sloppy Dodge.

KBCid: Understanding of God's intent comes through the Holy Spirit since even the Jews entrusted with the original language copy of it failed to grasp the fullness of its message.

Q: Know what holy spirit IS? And the Jews DID "grasp" it- they just eventually chose not to follow it. That's why God and Christ condemned them.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You only HOPE I will run from questions as most here... I'm self-employed and buried with work.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll give you another chance to come clean. are you saying that there are two Gods, because, Jesus is our Saviour and our Saviour is God. Titus 2:13 "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ".

Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen". God is Saviour, and the Lord Jesus is that Saviour.
please reconcile these two verses.

Says the one filthy in church manure...Funny!
I guess i have to help you see rthe context AGAIN, even tho you will just ignore it, like a Good Little Church-Worshiper (churchoid)~

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus"
The Two (NOT Three) always work together...AND they are BOTH our Saviors!

Thanks for such a WONDERFUL 'Chance'....
yawn

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They think themselves so Holy and Wise as they teach the EXACT OPPOSITE of Jesus!

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008

That just so happened to be the last song that I listened to last night after making that post.

The test / bait by @theQuestion regarding the most accurate translation was loaded. The only answer that he will accept is the NWT. A parroting of the party line, a true "churchoid". Notice the contempt and complete lack of respect that you received.

Last edited:
Reactions: KBCid

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KBCid: As you do unto others...
Q: I would hope others were truthful.

That may be your hope
but how you treat others is not an example of Christ

KBCid: And since I stated plainly that we follow the Son and the Father where they lead you cannot convince that we follow any cult teaching.
Q: That's because you abuse the word "cult". And you don't know God or Christ it appears. Just OFv them.

Based on? So far all I hear is accusation without any actual reference to anything.

KBCid: There is no accurate bible translation.
Q: Then God didn't do very well- DID he? AND I said "MOST accurate". Sloppy Dodge..

God's word accomplishes what it was sent to do. It's meaning is hidden from those who are veiled and it is open to those whom the spirit opens it to.
And let me state that I consider no translation from the original as having any dependable accuracy. Once you learn ancient Hebrew you can see just how far from accurate the translations are and as the HS opens the word to better understanding it becomes even more apparent. You can choose to stick with any version that makes you happy but I will not be satisfied with holding to any version that is laced with error.

KBCid: Understanding of God's intent comes through the Holy Spirit since even the Jews entrusted with the original language copy of it failed to grasp the fullness of its message.
Q: Know what holy spirit IS? And the Jews DID "grasp" it- they just eventually chose not to follow it. That's why God and Christ condemned them.

The Holy spirit is God with us.
And no they as a nation did not grasp it. Even from the time of the exodus they tested God and were kept in the desert till all those who failed in their understanding died and after that point they went from one failure to the next never coming to a proper understanding of God as it has been written.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That just so happened to be the last song that I listened to last night after making that post.
The test / bait by @theQuestion regarding the most accurate Bible translation was loaded. The only answer that he will accept is the NWT. A parroting of the party line, a true "churchoid".

I hadn't thought of it in some time but it was brought to mind when I read your post and it was strong enough for me to look it up or reference. I could question these things when they occur but I have found satisfaction in seeing things at work when I follow the lead.

I take it that the NWT is a foundational translation of a sect of "Christianity" then. It has been so long since I have cared to be informed of what cults follow that I am behind in making the associations. It has been much more joyous to have the original text opened to my understanding by God's spirit as I seek it's truths daily... I guess I just don't have time that I'm willing to invest in going backwards.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A parroting of the party line, a true "churchoid". Notice the contempt and complete lack of respect that you received.

My understanding is becoming clear. Christ has shown;

Jesus said unto him,
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Love is neither hateful nor disrespectful

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Two (NOT Three) always work together...AND they are BOTH our Saviors!
I'm glad you said that for two reason.

#1. you used the conjunction "AND" to show both are the same. Good, scripture, John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent". they are both the ONE true God. aint "diversified Oneness" Great... (smile).
now you next ERROR

#2. U said, "they are BOTH our Saviors". well you made another bo-bo.... bo. listen Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour". now you told a ... you know the word that began with "L" and rhymes with eye. because the Lord said there is no saviour beside him.

#3. now you said both are saviour, you made another mistake, God is saviour, and there is only ONE God, Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen". only means 1

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
I hadn't thought of it in some time but it was brought to mind when I read your post and it was strong enough for me to look it up or reference. I could question these things when they occur but I have found satisfaction in seeing things at work when I follow the lead.

I hadn't thought of it nor listened to it in quite some time either. I had to search for it to even listen to it. For it was brought to my mind as well.

I take it that the NWT is a foundational translation of a sect of "Christianity" then.

Yes. The JW's.

It has been so long since I have cared to be informed of what cults follow that I am behind in making the associations. It has been much more joyous to have the original text opened to my understanding by God's spirit as I seek it's truths daily... I guess I just don't have time that I'm willing to invest in going backwards.

Completely understood.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
My understanding is becoming clear. Christ has shown;

Jesus said unto him,
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Love is neither hateful nor disrespectful

Indubitably! And the manner in which one treats their fellow man, is reflective also of their respect and love for YHVH.

1Jo 2:9 He that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother, is in the darkness even until now.

1Jo 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in the darkness, and walketh in the darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because the darkness hath blinded his eyes.

1Jo 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, cannot love God whom he hath not seen.

The "lack", reveals the love of self. For some, are predators that get their kicks from the provoking and abusing of others. The some, it is the desire to be top dog, to be seen as great, thus the persistent attempt to reinforce that they are correct, and others are wrong, no matter what lengths they must go to in order to attempt to do so. Which includes the use of stonewalling.

Last edited:

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The test / bait by @theQuestion regarding the most accurate translation was loaded. The only answer that he will accept is the NWT. A parroting of the party line, a true "churchoid". Notice the contempt and complete lack of respect that you received.

You can always spot the pretenders; they love to tell all what you think, and what your motives are.
They imagine themselves as Jesus.
Churchoid delusion.

And, any attempt to start a conversation by one who doesn't agree with his church fairy tales he calls "bait".

How...churchy