Who is the "ONLY" True God Jesus referred to? (John 17:3)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is the "ONLY" True God

• A God with Three Personalities!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take it that the NWT is a foundational translation of a sect of "Christianity" then. It has been so long since I have cared to be informed of what cults follow that I am behind in making the associations.

Which cults?
Baptist, Catholic, Lutheran?

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My understanding is becoming clear. Christ has shown;

Jesus said unto him,
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Love is neither hateful nor disrespectful

Nice, but ignorant, sentiment.
Shows you don't read the Bible much; Jesus and the prophets HATED the slander of their God, and used many descriptions you churchoids would call "insult".

All the while whining about my doing similar and insulting me and my brothers.

How...churchy

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you said that for two reason.

#1. you used the conjunction "AND" to show both are the same. Good, scripture, John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent". they are both the ONE true God. aint "diversified Oneness" Great... (smile).
now you next ERROR

#2. U said, "they are BOTH our Saviors". well you made another bo-bo.... bo. listen Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour". now you told a ... you know the word that began with "L" and rhymes with eye. because the Lord said there is no saviour beside him.

#3. now you said both are saviour, you made another mistake, God is saviour, and there is only ONE God, Jude 1:25 "To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen". only means 1

My, such transparent pretense, and such completely fake church psychobabble.
You've ignored the context of Isaiah I have pointed out MANY time, and well as Revelation that says we owe them BOTH Salvation.

How...churchy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My, such transparent pretense, and such completely fake church psychobabble.
You've ignored the context of Isaiah I have pointed out MANY time, and well as Revelation that says we owe them BOTH Salvation.

How...churchy
you ERROR there is only ONE Spirit, ("S" Caps). now are you saying that there are two Spirits ("S" cap). waiting for that answer...... (smile). Just answer yes or no, no explanation needed..o_O.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theQuestion if you're still searching for the answer, let me help you out, Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his".

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you ERROR there is only ONE Spirit, ("S" Caps). now are you saying that there are two Spirits ("S" cap). waiting for that answer...... (smile). Just answer yes or no, no explanation needed..o_O.

Funny, since you have NO idea what the word means- and don't WANT to know.
(PS-m no Caps / lowercase in the bibliocal languages)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well I see you have no understanding. I asked for no explanation, and you did the opposite. for the last time, is the Spirit of Christ and the Spirit of God the same Spirit. yes or no.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so I take this as you cannot answer.... (smile). well the answer is the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God. see how easy that was... shew.... it's had to kick against the prick. but we'll destroy your post quickly. scripture, Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son (JESUS) is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace".

now, theQuestion, is this son that was given is he the "EVERLASTING FATHER" yes or no. ...:eek:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister and Brothers, Ladies and Gentleman, and OTHERS. If one comprehend not “diversified Oneness” the truth concerning the Godhead, then one will always get caught in scriptures. It’s a simple matter, ONE PERSON (GOD, Father) sharing himself in flesh and bone as the "ANOTHER" of himself (God, Son). this sharing of oneself, or ANOTHER is called differentiation, or numerical difference. And the Greek word that describe this differentiation, or numerical difference is G243 Allos, which means in our English “Another”. Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words gives the best definition of this word. just like the Hebrew word for Adam, that mean “ANOTHER”. I seriously suggest one who is interested in discussing, as one said, “DEEP” thing of God should consider reading up on “Diversified Oneness”.

peace in Christ.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indubitably! And the manner in which one treats their fellow man, is reflective also of their respect and love for YHVH.
1Jo 2:9 He that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother, is in the darkness even until now.
1Jo 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in the darkness, and walketh in the darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because the darkness hath blinded his eyes.
1Jo 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, cannot love God whom he hath not seen.
The "lack", reveals the love of self. For some, are predators that get their kicks from the provoking and abusing of others. The some, it is the desire to be top dog, to be seen as great, thus the persistent attempt to reinforce that they are correct, and others are wrong, no matter what lengths they must go to in order to attempt to do so. Which includes the use of stonewalling.

Of course such as these will deny that any are brothers who do not tow the church line and as such can be treated in any manner they want. This would be reminiscent of the crusades mindset where anyone who did not submit to papal dictates was a heretic needing cleansing by fire.

I find it slightly funny that we are being accused of being part of some as yet unspecified Christian sect / cult... lol. I don't remember signing up with any of those door to door religions do you? Maybe there's a new thing going on where they automatically sign you up with a sect / cult of their choice.
Maybe choosing none IS a choice...

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My brothers and sisters are those who hear the will of God and do it!"

Know who said that?

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"My brothers and sisters are those who hear the will of God and do it!" Know who said that?

Of course we do since it is He that we follow and listen to. He is also the one who inspired these;

Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.

Zechariah 7:9-10
"Thus has the LORD of hosts said, 'Dispense true justice and practice kindness and compassion each to his brother; and do not oppress the widow or the orphan, the stranger or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another.'

Leviticus 19:33-34
'When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. 'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 10:17-19
"For the LORD your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe. "He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing. "So show your love for the alien, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt.

Hebrews 13:1-2
Let love of the brethren continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Jeremiah 22:3
'Thus says the LORD, "Do justice and righteousness, and deliver the one who has been robbed from the power of his oppressor Also do not mistreat or do violence to the stranger, the orphan, or the widow; and do not shed innocent blood in this place.

Leviticus 24:22
'There shall be one standard for you; it shall be for the stranger as well as the native, for I am the LORD your God.'"

So whether we be judged brothers or strangers the same God who caused all to exist commands that there be one manner, one law and one reflection of his image.

Reactions: theQuestion

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The JW's.

It has been quite some time since I looked at the beliefs of that sect. A quick review is in order then. Here is a little bit of what they promote;

Jehovah’s Witnesses
publications
The Watchtower | August 2009

Good Religion Promotes Brotherly Love
“HE WHO does not love does not know God; for God is love,” states the Bible. (1 John 4:8, New Catholic Edition of the Holy Bible) Good religion, therefore, should promote brotherly love.
Many religions do an admirable job of caring for the sick, the elderly, and the poor. They encourage their members to apply the counsel of the apostle John, who wrote: “Suppose someone has enough to live and sees a brother or sister in need, but does not help. Then God’s love is not living in that person. My children, we should love people not only with words and talk, but by our actions and true caring.”—1 John 3:17, 18, New Century Version.

Jesus said: “By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:35, New International Version) As you answer the following questions, ask yourself, ‘Do members of this religion display love toward all men at all times not only with words but also with actions?’
Good Religion Promotes Brotherly Love

According to this bit from their site they are to love all men at all times both in words and actions which is in line with my understanding of both the Father and the Son.

Maybe then the 'Question' is not of this sect. Since I can only judge fruit and not the origin of the tree it falls from I cannot properly make an association between the two at this point.