Who is the Queen of Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said God has a mother or that Mary is the mother of the divine nature but the mother of Jesus Christ who is God! Lk 1:43
It is my belief that Jesus is God in flesh. He chose to come down to earth and to be given birth by Mary. I have great respect for what Mary did, though I don't attribute divinity to her.

Reactions: Stan B and Pearl

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope
There is no Israel

Christ replaced David as king
The new covenant church replaced Israel

The antichrist will stand in the temple of God claiming he is god.....

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
[2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Matthew says this...

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
[21] For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

This is where rev 12 picks up...

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. (3 1/2 years)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is my belief that Jesus is God in flesh. He chose to come down to earth and to be given birth by Mary. I have great respect for what Mary did, though I don't attribute divinity to her.

Nobody That I know does!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The Queen of Heaven is very similar to Baal. They were so evil, that God told Jeremiah to not even pray for them.

The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying . . .

“As for you, do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you. Do you not see what they are doing . . . ? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough to make cakes for the Queen of Heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods in order to spite Me. Do they spite Me?” declares the Lord. “Is it not themselves they spite, to their own shame?” Therefore thus says the Lord God, “Behold, My anger and My wrath will be poured out on this place, on man and on beast and on the trees of the field and on the fruit of the ground; and it will burn and not be quenched.” Jeremiah 7:16-18
The queen of heaven doctrine of ancient times has been reinvented/revisited into the RCC as Mary via their paganism roots.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
rev 12;1 a queen wears a crown

This image in Rev 12 doesn't have anything to do with your fake queen. The woman is Israel, and the 12 stars representing the 12 tribes of Israel. The word "woman" used their has nothng to do with being a queen, it has to do with being a wife.

"And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed in the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head. But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle to fly from the presence of the serpent to her place in the wilderness, where she was nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. (3-1/2 years)"

Israel is the one warned to flee when they saw the antichrist standing in the Temple: "So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. And let no one in the field return for his cloak." Matt 24:15

As a wife, Israel is the wife of Jehovah, and that is who is being represented by the woman.

You added a lie to the Bible to make your case. Yes, you obviously worship the pagan Queen of Heaven.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI, here is an interesting news flash about the RCC...

After three and a half year-long battle, the Santa Fe Archdiocese has settled a lawsuit with over 300 survivors who have claimed sexual abuse as children at the hands of clergy members within the diocese.

The church has liquidated assets to fund its bankruptcy plan and compensation for victims.

Why did "the queen of heaven" allow this to happen?

Reactions: Stan B

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if it’s not Mary’s throne then
who throne is it?

Im not sure how to consider the throne of God without considering the highest seats parable. As they argued over who would sit at his left hand and on His right? For example when called go to the lowest seat? This makes me think of the woman who glorifies herself and says she is no widow but sets a queen. Also Luke 20:42-47 And David himself said in the book of Psalms, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make your enemies your footstool. [44] David therefore calls him Lord, how is he then his son? [45] Then in the audience of all the people he said unto his disciples, [46] Beware of the scribes, which desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the highest seats in the synagogues, and the chief rooms at feasts; [47] Which devour widows' houses, and for a show make long prayers: the same shall receive greater damnation.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes they have and it turns out she was a false godess a bit like Baal.

I went back to read some of the other post. Your OP asked for opinions on who others think is the queen of heaven. You responded back the answer has already been found and she is certainly a false goddess a bit like Baal? Can you point me to where this is answered? Is there a verse?

For me and this is only an opinion. The reason I quoted ‘for she says in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow’…is because if this is the queen of heaven, which for me it is a possibility then the queen of heaven is that great city Babylon.

I’m not saying of a certainty, but only (consider) the queen that says she is no widow and sits a queen could be a possibility for those passages you quoted in the OP.
(Romans 7:2-4).

I felt the need to explain why I quoted that passage from Revelation…because (wrong or right) it seems a lot of focus is brought to this woman who the merchants made rich by her wail and weep over.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I went back to read some of the other post. Your OP asked for opinions on who others think is the queen of heaven. You responded back the answer has already been found and she is certainly a false goddess a bit like Baal? Can you point me to where this is answered? Is there a verse?

For me and this is only an opinion. The reason I quoted ‘for she says in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow’…is because if this is the queen of heaven, which for me it is a possibility then the queen of heaven is that great city Babylon.

I’m not saying of a certainty, but only (consider) the queen that says she is no widow and sits a queen could be a possibility for those passages you quoted in the OP.
(Romans 7:2-4).

I felt the need to explain why I quoted that passage from Revelation…because (wrong or right) it seems a lot of focus is brought to this woman who the merchants made rich by her wail and weep over.

My OP started with the verses I had recently read where a queen of heaven is mentioned. I didn't really want opinions but just facts. I have heard a lot of Catholics talk about Mary as the queen of heaven but in the case of scripture the queen of heaven is an evil force.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard a lot of Catholics talk about Mary as the queen of heaven but in the case of scripture the queen of heaven is an evil force.

this ive wondered also. Regardless of whether you and I agree on who is the queen of heaven. I was thinking the same thing: who would want to assign Mary with that title with all the verses mentioned regarding the queen of heaven which unless I’ve misunderstood are not pleasant.

im still interested in the facts of the queen of heaven being a false goddess. Your thread has grown into pages. Do you know the goddesses name so I can google it?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
im still interested in the facts of the queen of heaven being a false goddess. Your thread has grown into pages. Do you know the goddesses name so I can google it?

Her name is Semiramis. She is also known as Ishtar. The Bible refers to her as Ashtoreth. 1 Kings 11:33

I think it was Asherah.
Manasseh put a carved image of her in God's temple. Josiah had it removed

2 Kings 21:7
7 He even set a carved image of Asherah that he had made, in the house of which the Lord had said to David and to Solomon his son, “In this house and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen out of all the tribes of Israel, I will put My name forever;

This article from the Encyclopedia Britannica:Asherah, ancient West Semitic goddess, consort of the supreme god. Her principal epithet was probably “She Who Walks on the Sea.” She was occasionally called Elath (Elat), “the Goddess,” and may have also been called Qudshu, “Holiness.” According to texts from Ugarit (modern Ras Shamra, Syria), Asherah’s consort was El, and by him she was the mother of 70 gods. As mother goddess she was widely worshiped throughout Syria and Palestine, although she was frequently paired with Baal, who often took the place of El; as Baal’s consort, Asherah was usually given the name Baalat. Inscriptions from two locations in southern Palestine seem to indicate that she was also worshiped as the consort of Yahweh.

Asherah | Semitic goddess

Weird, huh? Called Holiness? Mother of 70 gods? Does this all sound a little too familiar to you? Just sayin'

Reactions: VictoryinJesus
Status
Not open for further replies.