Who is the Queen of Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soloman and Bathsheba are 'types' for Jesus and Mary.

Do you think Jesus honours His mother less than Soloman?

Pax et Bonum

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

a) It's not "Soloman", but "Solomon". Can't you even get his name right?
b) This "types" of Jesus and Mary is nonsense. I have heard that rationale used for all kinds of false doctrine. You want a type? Okay... The golden calf is a type of Mary! When Moses was up on the mountain receiving God's word, the people erected a false deity instead. The golden calf is clearly a type of Mary.

Solomon never responded in this fashion... Matthew 12:47-49, "Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” To the one who had said this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother and who are my brothers?” 49 And pointing toward his disciples he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!"

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Solomon never responded in this fashion... Matthew 12:47-49, "Someone told him, “Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside wanting to speak to you.” To the one who had said this, Jesus replied, “Who is my mother and who are my brothers?” 49 And pointing toward his disciples he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!"

Jesus is not denigrating his mother here, she is His greatest disciple.. He is raising those who do the will of the Father to a relationship with Him as intimate as hers..

Why are you trying so hard to dis Mary? Do you think Jesus likes that?

If you compared my my mother to the golden calf, id probably punch you in the nose..

Happily, Jesus is much more merciful than I.. ;)

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;

my spirit rejoices in God my savior.

For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.

The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.

His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him.

He has shown might with his arm, dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.

He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones but lifted up the lowly.

The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.

He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy,

according to his promise to our fathers, to Abraham and to his descendants forever."

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me in the Bible where the queen (mother) sits at the right hand of the king.

Jesus can do what He wants to do; of course that means He is doing His father's will.

There is nothing in the Bible that supports the myths about Mary. She was a teenager chosen to give birth to Jesus (and His brothers). Nothing more.
Yes, Jesus has been given all of his Father's power.

Reactions: Stan B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not denigrating his mother here, she is His greatest disciple.. He is raising those who do the will of the Father to a relationship with Him as intimate as hers..

Why are you trying so hard to dis Mary? Do you think Jesus likes that?

If you compared my my mother to the golden calf, id probably punch you in the nose..

Happily, Jesus is much more merciful than I.. ;)

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;

my spirit rejoices in God my savior.

For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.

The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.

His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him.

He has shown might with his arm, dispersed the arrogant of mind and heart.

He has thrown down the rulers from their thrones but lifted up the lowly.

The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.

He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy,

according to his promise to our fathers, to Abraham and to his descendants forever."

That is simply your interpretation. I disagree with it.

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

"If you compared my my mother to the golden calf, id probably punch you in the nose.." Very Christian of you -- not! No question that "Jesus is much more merciful than [you]"! He would never have punched anyone in the nose!

I am not "trying so hard to dis Mary"? I am opposed to the unScriptural elevation of Mary far above what Scripture says, equivalent to worshipping the golden calf. She was a teenager selected to give birth to Jesus and His brothers and, along with Joseph, did a fair job raising Him. Nothing more than that according to the Bible. Sola scriptura!

Reactions: Truther and Stan B

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not "trying so hard to dis Mary"? I am opposed to the unScriptural elevation of Mary far above what Scripture says, equivalent to worshipping the golden calf.

Dear Jim,

No one is saying Mary is God.

Further, we cannot honour her any more than God already has in choosing and forming her to be His mother..

Everything Mary is, flows from Who Jesus IS!

It is God who elevated Mary to her position, not men..

And do you think HE took less care in creating the Ark of the New Covenant than He ordered the Israelites to do in making the Ark of the Old Covenant?

Pay to all their dues, taxes to whom taxes are due, toll to whom toll is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.

Pax et Bonum

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most reasonable assumption for the Queen of Heaven is Asherah. They (the Jews) referred to her as a the Queen of Heaven because of what they thought she did for them. There is a lot of historical information about Asherah and her relationship with Yahweh. And some read Yahweh's favor of her in the Bible as the High Places that were allowed to remain...(sometimes) and there are several refences to her fertility worship areas. Asherims, groves, sacred pillars, etc. There is obviously a contentious relationship going on and He seems to speak to her and never denies that she exists. Of course this is all open to interpretation.

And I must point out that Yahweh and Asherah are both fertility beings in their own right....Asherah's fertility aspect is blatantly sexual and Yahweh uses amazing reproduction as a promise....your seeds will be like the dust of the earth.

The contentious relationship between Yahweh and Asherah was known to the pagans and in stone they reference Yahweh and His wife Asherah. A lot of extra-biblical information on her and a lot of direct and possible indirect references to her in the Old Testament....And the Jews seemed to worship her a lot. She was known for her wisdom??

Was Solomon speaking of her when He wrote this...

Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or turn away from them. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Cherish her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will give you a garland to grace your head and present you with a glorious crown.” Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. Proverbs 4:5-10
Solomon died shortly after building temples to the goddess....the smartest man that ever lived?

For the Bible only people....it is best to keep it simple...and write her off as an evil false god.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of faith!

“Bible alone” is the cos of division / confusion:

Not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority, or the Bible and the teaching authority of Christ in His church founded on Peter and his successors! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31 acts 2:42

Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.

Not one of these are found in scripture!

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19 times
Instruction is found 33 times

Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of faith!

Not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority, or the Bible and the teaching authority of Christ in His church founded on Peter and his successors! Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Lk 1:4 acts 1:8 acts 8:31 acts 2:42

You can decide.

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times

Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
No, extra Biblical commentary is the cause of division and confusion.

You really did not realize that?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You can decide.

By all means, let's not rely solely on the Bible Alone, as we have "successors" to guide the way......

Exodus 20:4-6: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”

pope-kiss-mary-595.jpg

Reactions: Jim B and Stan B

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know why folks pray to Mary to pray to Jesus to pray to God.

Kinda weird.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of faith!

You can decide.

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times

Of course you write "not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority". Catholicism has added so much onto the truth of the Bible that it has been, for all intents and purposes, buried in your life.

Reactions: Stan B and Truther

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course you write "not opposed to the Bible, but the doctrine of the “Bible alone” is the only authority". Catholicism has added so much onto the truth of the Bible that it has been, for all intents and purposes, buried in your life.

Catholicism has added their pagan Queen of Heaven religion to Scripture.

Reactions: Jim B and Truther

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, extra Biblical commentary is the cause of division and confusion.

You really did not realize that?
No the doctrine of the “Bible alone” apart from Christ Jn 14:6 and his teaching authority!

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!
1 pet 3:20-21 matt 18:17 matt 16:18-19 matt 28:19-20 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-23

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13)

Christ and His church are one! (Acts 9:4 eph 5:31 Jn 15:1-5)

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 8:12 & Matt 5:14

God does not reveal His truth in a vacuum!

God does not set His true adrift on a sea of spiritual anarchy!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

And to teach the same truth to all nations and all ages!

Verified by scripture:

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!
(all scripture not 66 books alone)

Must be instructed in the faith:

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations…

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Lk 10:16 He who hears you, (His apostles) hear me.

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)

The whole purpose for the church of Jesus Christ is to teach all nations the truths revealed by Christ and the salvation of souls!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By all means, let's not rely solely on the Bible Alone, as we have "successors" to guide the way......

Exodus 20:4-6: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”

pope-kiss-mary-595.jpg

I agree no idol worship worship a allowed! Only the one true God may be adored!

kissing is not worship but veneration and intent to worship is required for worship!

love prayer devotion veneration are not worship or idolatry!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No the doctrine of the “Bible alone” apart from Christ Jn 14:6 and his teaching authority!

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!

The evidence of true faith is humble subjection and obedience to Christ & His holy church!

The rule of faith for Christians is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6 and His church! Matt 18:17 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

True Christians cannot listen to the errors of excommunicated heretics, but we listen faithfully to Christ, in the bosom of holy mother church, the only ark of salvation!

Rejection of the one true church or its teaching is rejection of Christ and God!

God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way!

Verified by scripture:

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost!

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints!

Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness!

Jn 29:21-23 as the father sent me, so I send you. (Same mission, power, and authority to teach all nations)

Jn 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 8:32 You (the apostles) shall know the truth; and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(His apostles)

The whole purpose for the church of Jesus Christ is to teach all nations the truths revealed by Christ and the salvation of souls!
I hate to pop your bubble, but a man with his collar turned around backwards cannot add mass commentary to scripture as your priests are doing.

Reactions: Jim B and Stan B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Verified by scripture:

(His apostles)

Do you just cut and paste the same dogma over and over and over? Why???

One of these posts is actually true: God sets His truth in His church, in the possession of His apostles to safeguard, to ensure it is not added to, or taken away from, or changed in any way! The trouble is that there is so very much that has been added to by the Catholic denomination that the truth of the Bible can barely be found. Everything from the false idolization of Mary to the false idolization of the Pope to depicting Jesus as still on the cross to the denial of the bread and wine to non-Catholics to the worship of idols to the prayers to Mary and the "saints", etc. It has all been added to and changed from the Bible that it is not even recognizable.

BTW, did you see my post about how the diocese of Santa Fe NM has to pay an enormous sum -- $121.5 million -- to settle with the victims of pedophile priests? Were they excommunicated? Of course not! The RCC covered it up!!!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

You have quoted/referenced a whole bunch of Bible verses, but the point you were trying to make, if you were trying to make a point, eludes me.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree no idol worship worship a allowed! Only the one true God may be adored!

kissing is not worship but veneration and intent to worship is required for worship!

love prayer devotion veneration are not worship or idolatry!

Veneration definition:

Veneration is similar to worship or respect: we feel veneration for things and people we adore and are devoted to completely. This is a strong word. The main meaning is for a type of religious zeal: if you unquestionably believe in your religion, then you feel and show veneration for your god and beliefs.

I'm glad that you finally wrote that "Only the one true God may be adored!" So now you're admitting that the adoration of Mary is false!!!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What does this mean? Are you incapable of having an actual discussion? Just posting the same thoughtless dogma over and over and over is really annoying. Can't you speak for yourself instead of endlessly parroting the same stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.