Who is the Queen of Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you show me this teaching from the Catechism of the Catholic Church - or do you want to RE-think this false statement.?
I asked a catholic if I would be declared anathema if I believed:
The Father was the only true God
The Father is greater than the Son
The Father is greater than all

So tell me, can I be saved and enter heaven, according to your church with those views, or am I anathema?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read several posts stating that because Mary is the mother of Jesus then that makes her Queen because Jesus is King.....
fwiw...I am pretty certain that all queens are wives of all kings. Mary isn't Jesus wife but rather His mother....nowhere in history can I find that the mother of a king is the queen.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters, were killed just as they had been.''

Under the altar

And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb

28? Not many if you think they went to Heaven after living on earth
And ALL of this is taking place in HEEAVEN.
READ your Bible . . .
Do you think anyone in the OT died and went straight to Heaven?

Not until Jesus DEFEATED DEATH when died and rose and opened up the gates of Heaven.

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
READ your Bible . . .

Not until Jesus DEFEATED DEATH when died and rose and opened up the gates of Heaven.
But it doesn't say they were people who had previously lived on earth does it

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
READ your Bible . . .

According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever 1Thes4:15-17

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have read several posts stating that because Mary is the mother of Jesus then that makes her Queen because Jesus is King.....
fwiw...I am pretty certain that all queens are wives of all kings. Mary isn't Jesus wife but rather His mother....nowhere in history can I find that the mother of a king is the queen.
Then you DON'T know your Bible.
1 Kings 2:19-20
So Bathsheba went to King Solomon to speak to him about Adonijah; the king got up to meet her and bowed before her; he then sat down on his throne; a seat was brought for the king’s mother, and she sat down on his right.
“There is one small favor I would ask of you,” she said. “Do not refuse me.” “Ask it, my mother,” the king said to her, “for I will not refuse you.”

Just as with the Davidic Kingdom, as Jesus is the King, Mary is the Queen Mother

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
READ your Bible . . .

And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John6:39&40

When is the last day?

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. Rev20:11-15
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. Rev21:1-3

The last day Christ referred to was the last day of this present earth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever 1Thes4:15-17
SERIOUSLY??
This is describing the Resurrection of the Dead - who willl be reunited with their spirits in their GLORIFIED bodies.

Thid doesn't mean that there is NOBODY in Heaven.

Good grief - this is Bible 101 . . .

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
SERIOUSLY??
This is describing the Resurrection of the Dead - who willl be reunited with their spirits in their GLORIFIED bodies.

Thid doesn't mean that there is NOBODY in Heaven.

Good grief - this is Bible 101 . . .
Would you like to respond to this BTW

So tell me, can I be saved and enter heaven, according to your church with those views, or am I anathema?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HUH???
Rev. 6:9 explicxitly states:
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

WHERE do you thinbk they were slaim for the Word of God??
These are MARTYRS. Tthey didn't come from Mars . . .

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
HUH???
When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained.

1. Would you like to respond to this BTW

EditDeleteReport
    + QuoteReply
  2. 1 minute ago#630

BreadOfLifeWell-Known Member
    Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    New

HUH???

Catholic Faith Facts

Like+ QuoteReply
Page 32 of 32
< Prev1272829303132
Go to First Unread

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like to respond to this BTW

Only a Catholic can been declared "anathema".
This is a disciplicnary measure - NOT a curse.[/QUOTE]

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
HUH???

Read my posts more carefully, I did NOT state the slain martyrs had not lived on earth. But they are under the altar, crying out for justice

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only a Catholic can been declared "anathema".
This is a disciplicnary measure - NOT a curse.
[/QUOTE]
Come now, you as a catholic do NOT believe I can enter heaven if I believe:
The Father is the only true God

Don't be reticent to boldly state what you believe. Don't be afraid to state your belief on the matter. Doesn't look good

Reactions: Jim B

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John6:39&40

When is the last day?

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. Rev20:11-15
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. Rev21:1-3

The last day Christ referred to was the last day of this present earth
ONCE AGAIN - this is speaking of the BODILY Resurrection/Resurrection of the Dead spoken of in 1 Thess. 4.

You are VERY confused here . . .

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ONCE AGAIN - this is speaking of the BODILY Resirrectipon/Resurrection of the Dead spoken of in 1 Thess. 4.

You are VERY confused here . . .
And you my friend will twist scripture anyway you must to support catholic doctrine

Reactions: Jim B

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't be reticent to boldly state what you believe. Don't be afraid to state your belief on the matter. Doesn't look good[/QUOTE]
You asked me if you were "anathema" - and I gave you a straight answer.
This is official Catholic teaching.

Do I believe that a person who denies the deity of Christ can be saved?
Here is what Jesus says:
Matt. 10:32-33
Therefore everyone who will confess in Me before men, I also will confess in him before My Father in the heavens but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

So, good luck with that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you my friend will twist scripture anyway you must to support catholic doctrine

This belief is also held by most Protestants as well.
It's only fringe groups and quasi-Christian sects that believe as YOU do . . .

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Don't be reticent to boldly state what you believe. Don't be afraid to state your belief on the matter. Doesn't look good
You asked me if you were "anathema" - and I gave you a straight answer.
This is official Catholic teaching.

Do I believe that a person who denies the deity of Christ can be saved?
Here is what Jesus says:
Matt. 10:32-33
Therefore everyone who will confess in Me before men, I also will confess in him before My Father in the heavens but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

So, good luck with that . . .[/QUOTE]
Why are you running here?
I believe the Father is the only true God

You follow catholic teaching. And if you had the courage to plainly answer my question, you would state I could not enter Heaven with those beliefs

And therefore, my statement was correct. The catholic church would believe I am condemned for standing on the plain words of Christ when he walked this earth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read my posts more carefully, I did NOT state the slain martyrs had not lived on earth. But they are under the altar, crying out for justice
And that altar is in HEAVEN.

Checkmate . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.