Who is the Queen of Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if a person stands on the plain words of Christ when he walked this earth, the catholic church states they are anathema?

it is His church!
He founded it!
The church is subject to Christ!
Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…

commanded to teach all men! Matt 28:19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is SO amusing! The council of Ephesus was held in the Church of Mary. That is the church where Mary was buried!!

And as for her magical assumption, which was discovered by some pope 2000 years later. it is amusing that the Apostle John with whom she lived, never mentioned her once in all his writings. Wow!! If she magically left her grave, if there was anyone who would know about it it would have been John!! <giggle>

no it was defined as dogma in 1950 but it was always believed and taught by the apostolic church! The feast of the assumption on the 15th aug. goes back to the early church

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Matthew 27:51
And, behold, the veil of the templewas rent in twain from the top to thebottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

the veil symbolized the fact that heaven was closed since the fall of Adam!

rev 12:1 queen in heaven with a crown

matt 16:18 18:18 bound on earth bound in heaven by the authority Christ gave his apostolic church

APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTION OF
POPE PIUS XII
MUNIFICENTISSIMUS DEUS
DEFINING THE DOGMA OF THE ASSUMPTION

“We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”

Mother of God
Council Of Ephesus – 431 A.D.

If anyone does not confess that Emmanuel is God in truth, and therefore that the holy virgin is the mother of God (for she bore in a fleshly way the Word of God become flesh) let him be anathema.

Lk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Biblical Mary, mother of God, ever Virgin, sinless, mother of our salvation!

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Without Mary being immaculate the Holy Spirit could not conceive the “holy” son of God in Her!

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30 and cos she consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mother of the creator is mother of all creation!

Mother of the Redeemer is the mother of all the redeemed!

Mother of our Savior is the mother of all those who obtain salvation!
Lk 1:30

All generations call me blessed! Lk 1:
Thanksgiving in praise of Mary for bearing our savior! Matt 1:23 And finding our salvation! Lk 1:30

Praise honor veneration and devotion redound to the Glory of God who created Mary immaculate Lk 1:49 as Christ source of all grace! Jn 1:16-17

Praise, honor, veneration, and devotion are not worship, worship requires intent!

Again, total nonsense!

“We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.” is nothing but RCC propaganda.

There is only one source of truth: the Bible. Since this nonsense isn't in the Bible, it's just the wishful thinking of fallible men. Sola scriptura!

One additional lie stands out "Mother of the creator is mother of all creation!" This is perhaps the most bizarre untruth you have ever written. It's like saying that my wife's eyes are blue and the sky is blue, therefore my wife created the sky.

Reactions: Stan B

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No! Jesus had no mother, father, nor beginning of days. He existed before the foundation of the world. Mary merely delivered the Word turned flesh to be crucified.
She only provided a carcass.

Other than taking a little time out to drop off a baby, she did nothing in the church, like the apostles who gave their lives for their faith.

Special / unique Mary!

There is only one “Mother of God”!Lk 1:43

There is only one “Virgin-Mother”! Isa 7:14 perpetual virgin!

There is only one “Immaculate Conception” prepared by God for His only begotten son! Lk 1:49

There is only one “Handmaid of the Lord”! Lk 1:28

There is only one “Mother of our Savior” who consented to our salvation undoing the sin of Eve! Lk 1:28

Mary found our salvation lost by Adam! Lk 1:30

Consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

There is only one “woman” who seed crushes satans proud head Gen 3:15 and is queen in heaven! Rev 12:1

There is only one who’s soul (existence) magnifies the Lord! Lk 1:46

There is only of of who we must declared “blessed”! Lk 1:48

And we cannot be disciples of Our Lord with taking Mary into our house! Jn 19:26:27

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see what that has anything whatsoever to do with Mary, other than Jude being one of her sons.

no I was referring to Jude 1:3 contend for the faith

Jude her son really?

Does he save us from our sins?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church has only for 2000 yrs baptized in the method Jesus commanded in Matt 28:19
Heretics fundamentalists etc do whatever they like, but they are not valid baptisms either !

I realize you are fixed on matt 28:19 baptism as the ONLY valid baptism. But that is not the only account of the great commission. Luke says to baptize in His Name (Luke 24:47) and that is what they all have done.

Here are a few examples...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:14-16 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Now since your ONLY VALID Baptism is "Father, Son, Holy Ghost" show us a few verses.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a poor attempt to evade the scriptures.

Matthew is not the only account of the great commission...

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Now let's see what the apostles did with that...

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:14-16 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus

Now show me the scriptures where they used "Father, Son, Holy Ghost"

you forgot acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

so far we have:

acts 2:38 in the name of Jesus Christ

acts 8:14-16 in the name of the Lord Jesus

acts 10:48 in the name of the Lord

acts 19:5 in the name of the lord Jesus

But only one command from our savior Jesus Christ! Matt 28:19

in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit

next I suppose you will demand only adults be baptized or only baptism by immersion???

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
it is His church!
He founded it!
The church is subject to Christ!
Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ…

commanded to teach all men! Matt 28:19
Jesus said:
The Father is the only true God
The Father is greater than I
The Father is greater than all

If I believe that, am I anathema in the eyes of your church?

Reactions: Jim B and Stan B

stephen64

May 23, 2022
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.”
Better to follow the bible, that comes before your church:
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John6:39&40

When is the last day?

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. Rev20:11-15
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. Rev21:1-3

The last day Christ referred to was the last day of this present earth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense!

Matthew 28:18-20, "Then Jesus came up and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Where do you see "teaching authority of Christ in His church"? He is telling His disciples to make disciples of all nations, teaching them to obey everything He commanded them. No mention of a church or denomination -- none. He is telling them to evangelize the world, which they did. No mention of a church or a denomination; that is Catholic nonsense.

faith and baptism
Matt 28:18 teach (thee faith) and baptized

baptized into the new covenant church

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

One church Jn 10:16 founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have been dead for 2000 years.

They don't teach.

that’s why there is apostolic succession acts 1:26
Matt 28:19 teach “all” nations
And I am with you (the apostles) to the end
Acts 1:8 witnesses to the ends of the earth

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus...

Ask your priest to help your reading skills.

so far we have baptize

acts 2:38 in the name of Jesus Christ

acts 8:14-16 in the name of the Lord Jesus

acts 10:48 in the name of the Lord

acts 19:5 in the name of the lord Jesus

But only one command from our savior Jesus Christ! Matt 28:19

in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, total nonsense!

“We pronounce, declare, and define it to be a divinely revealed dogma: that the Immaculate Mother of God, the ever Virgin Mary, having completed the course of her earthly life, was assumed body and soul into heavenly glory.” is nothing but RCC propaganda.

There is only one source of truth: the Bible. Since this nonsense isn't in the Bible, it's just the wishful thinking of fallible men. Sola scriptura!

One additional lie stands out "Mother of the creator is mother of all creation!" This is perhaps the most bizarre untruth you have ever written. It's like saying that my wife's eyes are blue and the sky is blue, therefore my wife created the sky.

Jn 14:6 Jesus is the truth!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, total nonsense!

fallible men?

Apostolic authority!
God sent them apostles to teach them the truth revealed by Christ!
Philip an apostle acts 8
Peter an apostle acts 10

acts 1:8 men are his witnesses to the end of the earth!

matt 16:18-19 Matt 18:18 Matt 28:19-20 Jn 20:21-23 received the same mission power and authority as Christ!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said:
The Father is the only true God
The Father is greater than I
The Father is greater than all

If I believe that, am I anathema in the eyes of your church?

you cannot be Christian and reject Christian doctrines of the divinity of Christ and the most holy trinity

John 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Only God existed before the world was

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Jn 1:1 in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Better to follow the bible, that comes before your church:
And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” John6:39&40

When is the last day?

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. Rev20:11-15
Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. Rev21:1-3

The last day Christ referred to was the last day of this present earth

it does not mean he cannot raise her up before that Christ is the resurrection Jn 11:25

Rev 12:1 our queen in heaven

the new covenant is the new heaven and earth
The new Jerusalem is holy mother church

Status
Not open for further replies.