Who is the son?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No way. I am an independent Bible(KJV) enthusiast.

I taught the Bible for over 3 decades, but tossed it all(presupposition/commentary) out and hit the reset button.

It is awesome.
Something like Paul,

Counted it all ass Loss for teh knowing of JEsus Christ.

Reactions: Truther

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I've talked to many JW's. They ALWAYS attack our Christian Bibles. They try to rewrite them! Kingdom Hall has convinced JW's they are Greek and Hebrew experts.
Than I have seeing so many using there christians bible to discredit and fight God Himself.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh hush about attacking Bibles when almost everyone has been attacking the NWT since it was first produced. You think it's wrong for your Bibles to be attacked then stop being a hypocrite by stopping your attack on the NWT. Now I don't consider JW to be attacking your Bibles simply because they honestly believe that some scriptures are in error. That isn't attacking your Bible that's just disagreeing with how some of the scriptures are translated in said Bible. Now if you're saying disagreeing with how certain scriptures are translated in a Bible is attacking that Bible then you're attacking other people's Bible too. Now that's just hypocritical if you honestly believe disagreeing with how a certain Bible is translated is attacking that Bible because people disagree with how the NWT is translated. You show how unreasonable you are.

The thing about experts even when it comes to theologians and translaters of the scriptures is a lot of the times when you have certain versions of a Bible there are scriptures in different versions that are not translated exactly the same yet all these translaters are considered to be experts. I decide what version of the Bible I'm going to use to read and study. I don't allow people to dictate to me which Bible I use. You can disagree all you want. I understand you have the right to use whatever version of the Bible you wish.
Barney, any religion or denomination that creates a particular Bible to help it's doctrines is the red flag of a fraud.

The Mormons did exactly that.

Our beliefs must match our existing Bibles, not our new Bibles must match our beliefs.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney, any religion or denomination that creates a particular Bible to help it's doctrines is the red flag of a fraud.

Our beliefs must match our existing Bibles, not our new Bibles must match our beliefs.
Actually @Truther , the "Mormon Bible" is the King James Version straight up.

Reactions: amadeus

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You read what I posted in the last post. You don't want your Bibles attacked, don't attack other people's Bibles. If you're going to attack other people's Bible take what you dish out. Otherwise when you speak out against other people who are attacking your Bibles all I'm going to do is see you as a hypocrite and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks, feels, or has to say about that. I keep telling people you can disagree with people without judging them or attacking them or their Bibles in any way. Anyone doesn't want to listen to that or put that into practice, that's on them.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can anyone attack God?, for is not the bible his Holy Word? it's in understanding what is said in any bible. now if what is said don't even line up within the bible it self, then as said "YOU" Whoever that may be, it's on them. for I have seem a many bible, and or new translation contradict their own self. yes contradiction within itself when a bible do that then it's no good. so instead of attacking another’s ... bible, see if your own bible is saying the same thing. meaning in agreement with any doctrine, one may, or might believe.

PICJAG.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You read what I posted in the last post. You don't want your Bibles attacked, don't attack other people's Bibles. If you're going to attack other people's Bible take what you dish out. Otherwise when you speak out against other people who are attacking your Bibles all I'm going to do is see you as a hypocrite and I don't care what you or anyone else thinks, feels, or has to say about that. I keep telling people you can disagree with people without judging them or attacking them or their Bibles in any way. Anyone doesn't want to listen to that or put that into practice, that's on them.
If I write my own Bible to match my beliefs, would you think me a trip?

Would you say something is fishy to correct me?

Don't you door knock to "correct" others' beliefs and introduce your Bible as better?

C'mon!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.

Which of the 3 bibles?

Pearl of great price, doctrine and covenants or book of Mormon?
The Bible = the Bible.

The Book of Mormon is the Book of Mormon, not the Bible.

LDS Christians aren't solo scriptura and don't limit God's words to just what's in the Bible (as if He were suddenly mute), but nothing replaces the Bible. The verision LDS Christians traditionally use is the King James Verision.

Don't you door knock to "correct" others' beliefs and introduce your Bible as better?

C'mon!
I would say that you're just like literally every single other person out there: believing that your interpretation was the Truth and others were wrong.

As to how I would treat you: obviously I'm going to acknowledge your right to believe what you do (even if I find it to be trash). If you'd like to have a respectful conversation chatting about things, then I'd be happy to do so. If you just want to lecture me on why you're right and I'm wrong, then I'm not interested.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible = the Bible.

The Book of Mormon is the Book of Mormon, not the Bible.

LDS Christians aren't solo scriptura and don't limit God's words to just what's in the Bible (as if He were suddenly mute), but nothing replaces the Bible. The verision LDS Christians traditionally use is the King James Verision.

I would say that you're just like literally every single other person out there: believing that your interpretation was the Truth and others were wrong.

As to how I would treat you: obviously I'm going to acknowledge your right to believe what you do (even if I find it to be trash). If you'd like to have a respectful conversation chatting about things, then I'd be happy to do so. If you just want to lecture me on why you're right and I'm wrong, then I'm not interested.
That was condescending.

Fact is, the Mormons only tinker with the KJV as a "4th source", and not the one source.

You made my case that folks need a special "bible" to accommodate their ideas.

I have chatted with Mormons through my life whom cannot wait to introduce their extra Biblical books to me.

Joseph Smith would be proud of them if he could get out of there....

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was condescending.

Fact is, the Mormons only tinker with the KJV as a "4th source", and not the one source.

You made my case that folks need a special "bible" to accommodate their ideas.

I have chatted with Mormons through my life whom cannot wait to introduce their extra Biblical books to me.

Joseph Smith would be proud of them if he could get out of there....
With all possible respect, I daresay I know a little bit more than you about what "Mormons" believe, having personally actively attended/studied'attending/studying for decades.

Every person on this planet believes they know the Truth and that others are wrong. That's why they hold the beliefs they do. They're all influenced by their studies, observations, teachers, writings, etcs. That's just part of being human.

As I said earlier: I'm all about acknowledging individual's intelligence and respectful chatting with people, even those whose beliefs I find to be trash. Not a fan of any lecturing at another person.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all possible respect, I daresay I know a little bit more than you about what "Mormons" believe, having personally actively attended/studied'attending/studying for decades.

Every person on this planet believes they know the Truth and that others are wrong. That's why they hold the beliefs they do. They're all influenced by their studies, observations, teachers, writings, etcs. That's just part of being human.

As I said earlier: I'm all about acknowledging individual's intelligence and respectful chatting with people, even those whose beliefs I find to be trash. Not a fan of any lecturing at another person.
If you were teaching "to each his own", you are not Mormon.

The Mormon's are actively evangelizing the planet with extra Biblical literature.

I had an elder from Provo standing over me for weeks as a construction inspector yelling at me verses from the 3 extra Biblical books(we had a blast together...lol).

One day I asked "how do you baptize"?, he said "in the 3 titles".

I told him about Acts 2:38 etc., and asked him "who gave you permission to change it from Jesus' name"?

The next day he brought a printout of some "angel" telling someone something like this....."it is true the primitive church baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, but I .... command you to change it to Father, Son and Holy Ghost".

Wow!

The angel was Catholic!!!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were teaching "to each his own", you are not Mormon.
The Mormon's are actively evangelizing the planet with extra Biblical literature.

I had an elder from Provo standing over me for weeks as a construction inspector yelling at me verses from the 3 extra Biblical books(we had a blast together...lol).

One day I asked "how do you baptize"?, he said "in the 3 titles".

I told him about Acts 2:38 etc., and asked him "who gave you permission to change it from Jesus' name"?

The next day he brought a printout of some "angel" telling someone something like this....."it is true the primitive church baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, but I .... command you to change it to Father, Son and Holy Ghost".

Wow!

The angel was Catholic!!!
Actually, LDS Christians acknowledging your right to believe as you do is literally so important that it's one the 13 Articles of Faith:
"11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."
Articles of Faith 1 , emphasis mine

Acknowledging your right to believe as your do, and respecting you/your beliefs is important. That doesn't mean that I (or anyone else) has to be silent on what I believe. But I strive really hard to be respectful of others, even when there's disagreements.

For personal Catholic example: I studied Catholicism lightly for 10 years, attending Stations of the Cross, regular Masses, weddings, asking knowledgeable Catholics questions, reading Catholic literature, etc. And then a 11 months super intense study session going much deeper into all of those things. I didn't do this because I was interested in becoming Catholic (I never have been), but because I wanted to better understand and love Catholic individuals.

I have likewise studied a whole bunch of different beliefs systems, including about any Protestant sect you can name.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

C'mon!

If I disagree with something I say I disagree. As I keep saying you can disagree without attacking or judging anyone.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I disagree with something I say I disagree. As I keep saying you can disagree without attacking or judging anyone.
I don't attack or judge as a practice.

I expose false concepts and sensitive folks call it judging etc.

That is their defense mechanism kicking in when they are realizing they are wrong.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, LDS Christians acknowledging your right to believe as you do is literally so important that it's one the 13 Articles of Faith:
"11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may."
Articles of Faith 1 , emphasis mine

Acknowledging your right to believe as your do, and respecting you/your beliefs is important. That doesn't mean that I (or anyone else) has to be silent on what I believe. But I strive really hard to be respectful of others, even when there's disagreements.

For personal Catholic example: I studied Catholicism lightly for 10 years, attending Stations of the Cross, regular Masses, weddings, asking knowledgeable Catholics questions, reading Catholic literature, etc. And then a 11 months super intense study session going much deeper into all of those things. I didn't do this because I was interested in becoming Catholic (I never have been), but because I wanted to better understand and love Catholic individuals.

I have likewise studied a whole bunch of different beliefs systems, including about any Protestant sect you can name.
You need to study Acts and see if your beliefs and experience is identical with theirs.

You need the original like I did.

I was born again per Acts 2, then remained in that church since 1979.

The rest of these denominations are wild offshoots that only vaguely resemble the original Acts church.

You need to duplicate the doctrine and experience of the church of Acts and only use the following 26 books to remain saved.

All other books are counterfeits.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to study Acts and see if your beliefs and experience is identical with theirs.

You need the original like I did.

I was born again per Acts 2, then remained in that church since 1979.

The rest of these denominations are wild offshoots that only vaguely resemble the original Acts church.

You need to duplicate the doctrine and experience of the church of Acts and only use the following 26 books to remain saved.

All other books are counterfeits.
I did.

@Truther, my faith & salvation rests in Jesus Christ. He is my Lord & Savior, the everliving Son of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is their defense mechanism kicking in when they are realizing they are wrong.
first thanks for that statement. now as you was speaking of bible accuracy in text. you states that you're born again, that's good.
scripture, Revelation 22:6 "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done."

now truther, the "Lord God" here, is this the Father as many say it is, or is this the Son, take note the angel who was sent to John said the "Lord God of the holy prophets sent him, for in Revelation 1:1 it said, "and he sent and signified it by his angel", who is the "he", or the "his", the Lord God of the holy prophets? meaning the prophets of the old testament also.

now being born again ... of God, who is the Lord God of the Holy prophets here in revelation, WHAT DO YOUR BIBLE SAY?

I'll be looking for your answer.

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When I am attacked or judged I don't believe myself to be wrong. I do believe that those who judge and attacked want to intimidate those who. disagree with them or scare them into believing their way. Intimidation or using scare tactics is part of a brainwashing process. I believe those who use scare tactics or those who try to intimidate those who disagree with them to believe their way I believe are nothing but dictators. God and his Only Begotten Son can judge in such a way that would be just because they can read minds and hearts. Everyone on earth today are imperfect humans who can't read minds and hearts. Leave judging to the True God and the authority to judge he's given his Only Begotten Son

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I am attacked or judged I don't believe myself to be wrong. I do believe that those who judge and attacked want to intimidate those who. disagree with them or scare them into believing their way. Intimidation or using scare tactics is part of a brainwashing process. I believe those who use scare tactics or those who try to intimidate those who disagree with them to believe their way I believe are nothing but dictators. God and his Only Begotten Son can judge in such a way that would be just because they can read minds and hearts. Everyone on earth today are imperfect humans who can't read minds and hearts. Leave judging to the True God and the authority to judge he's given his Only Begotten Son
Indeed.

A disciple of Christ never needs to rely on scare/intimidation/"exposing" tactics. We can be respectful and accurate with how we approach others, and have insightful conversations, including with those we passionately disagree with.

God alone is the Judge, and the one that truly knows all hearts.