Who is the Whore of babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I was hoping to show Andrew is that even absent Biblical restrictions or other moral code don'ts, is that no one is truly 'free'. Not free from death, fear, disease, pain, sorrow, disappointment, uncertainty, etc.

Coming to faith in Christ will bring some additional moral restrictions in behaviors purely hedonistically pleasurable, but also can bring even greater freedom from fear of death, worry, uncertainty, includes the comfort of the Holy Spirit, great hope in the eventual future, make sense of this crazy world, etc.

It is an exchange. The best deal ever!

As Zig Ziglar pointed out accurately that (in pre-GPS days) no sailor was 'free' to roam the seas without being an absolute slave to the compass (charts and sextant). Nor can the most mighty railroad locomotive do any work without being confined to the rails. Freedom, as it is often portrayed, is an illusion.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What I was hoping to show Andrew is that even absent Biblical restrictions or other moral code don'ts, is that no one is truly 'free'. Not free from death, fear, disease, pain, sorrow, disappointment, uncertainty, etc.

Coming to faith in Christ will bring some additional moral restrictions in behaviors purely hedonistically pleasurable, but also can bring even greater freedom from fear of death, worry, uncertainty, includes the comfort of the Holy Spirit, great hope in the eventual future, make sense of this crazy world, etc.

It is an exchange. The best deal ever!

As Zig Ziglar pointed out accurately that (in pre-GPS days) no sailor was 'free' to roam the seas without being an absolute slave to the compass (charts and sextant). Nor can the most mighty railroad locomotive do any work without being confined to the rails. Freedom, as it is often portrayed, is an illusion.
Interesing. Ephesians 2 seems to say something similar.

Blueberry

Nov 2, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesing. Ephesians 2 seems to say something similar.

Hey farouk! Good point. I am also reminded of all of King Solomon's vain pursuits.

I remember growing up in the 1960s . All that talk about freedom. What glittered was not always (ever?) golden. Just led to different forms of bondage.

Reactions: CoreIssue and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hey farouk! Good point. I am also reminded of all of King Solomon's vain pursuits.

I remember growing up in the 1960s . All that talk about freedom. What glittered was not always (ever?) golden. Just led to different forms of bondage.
Think of all of King Solomon's wives also...:confused:

He might have gone into his harem with visions of liberation..but I reckon he was soon disabused of his exhilaration...

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think of all of King Solomon's wives also...:confused:

He might have gone into his harem with visions of liberation..but I reckon he was soon disabused of his exhilaration...

Proverbs 25:24 New International Version (NIV)
24 Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The harlot on seven hills, which is Rome.
i dont know exactly who is see post saying usa and your Rome .i think most will lean towards Rome as it seem the world leans into the pope .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont know exactly who is see post saying usa and your Rome .i think most will lean towards Rome as it seem the world leans into the pope .

Let me be clearer.

Roman Catholicism, which will be the religion of the restored Roman empire and is located in Rome Italy.

In revelations the harlot sits on the city of seven hills, which is Rome, Italy.

The Pope is a prime candidate for the false prophet.

But remember. Roman Catholicism will revert to pagan Roman Emperor worship. The AC will be the Emperor who declares himself God and demands worship.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me be clearer.

Roman Catholicism, which will be the religion of the restored Roman empire and is located in Rome Italy.

In revelations the harlot sits on the city of seven hills, which is Rome, Italy.

The Pope is a prime candidate for the false prophet.

But remember. Roman Catholicism will revert to pagan Roman Emperor worship. The AC will be the Emperor who declares himself God and demands worship.
you have valid points i understood you..i did notice i should learn to prof read before posting ughhh typos i will say the usa could run a close race in this.. but many do look to the pope even the u.n and nations that reject God.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most scholars believe it is the RCC.

Rome versus Jerusalem is where the Harlot is located.
Dear friend. You are either willfully repeating a lie without first educating yourself or you have chosen not to educate yourself of your own Christian history. I beg of you to take the time to read something other than anti-Catholic literature. Prior to the reformation the theory you have put forth was foreign to bible scholars. Since the Reformation your theory has become more popular because of the writings of Martin Luther. Even though it has become more popular to the low educated masses it is still NOT supported by MOST bible scholars. This list of scholars that disagree with you and your ilk:

St. Augustine's City of God
Helmut Köster Introduction to the New Testament, Volume 2,
Pheme Perkins, First and Second Peter, James, and Jude,
James L. Resseguie Revelation Unsealed: A Narrative Critical Approach to John's Apocalypse,
Watson E. Mills, Mercer Commentary on the New Testament,
Nancy McDarby, The Collegeville Bible Handbook
Carol L. Meyers, Toni Craven, Ross Shepard Kraemer Women in Scripture: A Dictionary of Named and Unnamed Women in the Hebrew
David M. Carr, Colleen M. Conway, Introduction to the Bible: Sacred Texts and Imperial Contexts, 353
Larry Joseph Kreitzer Gospel Images in Fiction and Film: On Reversing the Hermeneutical Flow, 61
By Mary Beard, John A. North, S. R. F. Price Religions of Rome: A History,
David M. Rhoads, From Every People and Nation: The Book of Revelation in Intercultural Perspective,
Charles T. Chapman, The Message of the Book of Revelation,
Norman Cheadle, The Ironic Apocalypse in the Novels of Leopoldo Marechal,
Peter M. J. Stravinskas, The Catholic Answer Book, Volume 1
Catherine Keller, God and Power: Counter-Apocalyptic Journeys,
Brian K. Blount, Revelation: A Commentary,
Frances Carey, The Apocalypse and the Shape of Things to Come,
Richard Dellamora, Postmodern Apocalypse: Theory and Cultural Practice at the End,
A. N. Wilson, Paul: The Mind of the Apostle,
Gerd Theissen, John Bowden, Fortress Introduction to the New Testament,
L. Michael White Understanding the Book of Revelation

Maybe the anti-Catholic "scholars" you read believe that but MOST unbiased scholars DON'T believe that.

Historical Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear friend. You are either willfully repeating a lie without first educating yourself or you have chosen not to educate yourself of your own Christian history. I beg of you to take the time to read something other than anti-Catholic literature. Prior to the reformation the theory you have put forth was foreign to bible scholars. Since the Reformation your theory has become more popular because of the writings of Martin Luther. Even though it has become more popular to the low educated masses it is still NOT supported by MOST bible scholars. This list of scholars that disagree with you and your ilk:

St. Augustine's City of God
Helmut Köster Introduction to the New Testament, Volume 2,
Pheme Perkins, First and Second Peter, James, and Jude,
James L. Resseguie Revelation Unsealed: A Narrative Critical Approach to John's Apocalypse,
Watson E. Mills, Mercer Commentary on the New Testament,
Nancy McDarby, The Collegeville Bible Handbook
Carol L. Meyers, Toni Craven, Ross Shepard Kraemer Women in Scripture: A Dictionary of Named and Unnamed Women in the Hebrew
David M. Carr, Colleen M. Conway, Introduction to the Bible: Sacred Texts and Imperial Contexts, 353
Larry Joseph Kreitzer Gospel Images in Fiction and Film: On Reversing the Hermeneutical Flow, 61
By Mary Beard, John A. North, S. R. F. Price Religions of Rome: A History,
David M. Rhoads, From Every People and Nation: The Book of Revelation in Intercultural Perspective,
Charles T. Chapman, The Message of the Book of Revelation,
Norman Cheadle, The Ironic Apocalypse in the Novels of Leopoldo Marechal,
Peter M. J. Stravinskas, The Catholic Answer Book, Volume 1
Catherine Keller, God and Power: Counter-Apocalyptic Journeys,
Brian K. Blount, Revelation: A Commentary,
Frances Carey, The Apocalypse and the Shape of Things to Come,
Richard Dellamora, Postmodern Apocalypse: Theory and Cultural Practice at the End,
A. N. Wilson, Paul: The Mind of the Apostle,
Gerd Theissen, John Bowden, Fortress Introduction to the New Testament,
L. Michael White Understanding the Book of Revelation

Maybe the anti-Catholic "scholars" you read believe that but MOST unbiased scholars DON'T believe that.

Historical Mary

And you are blatantly Catholic.

Reactions: Ezra

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you are blatantly Catholic.
Ok.....So you can't defend your false statement???

Your are blatantly Anti-Catholic......Does that make you better than me????

Patient Mary